Please Close This Thread

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you said it was fear mongering
(Warning: mega honesty upcoming).

Yes, I found the large-group teachings/mentality there to be very based in fear. I have also seen major fear based motivations in other Christian claiming groups as well (exhibit A: ChristianForums), so it's not a JW monopoly.

Speaking individually, I have seen individuals in both of these groups that are not motivated by fear.

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
(Warning: mega honesty upcoming).

Yes, I found the large-group teachings/mentality there to be very based in fear. I have also seen major fear based motivations in other Christian claiming groups as well (exhibit A: ChristianForums), so it's not a JW monopoly.

Speaking individually, I have seen individuals in both of these groups that are not motivated by fear.

i don't believe you give an examplw

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i don't believe you give an examplw
Multiple times at multiple locations, the same analogy was used: that world is sinking and the WT alone was the boat to safety. They elaborated quite extensively about how the world was wicked, how everyone else (even non-JW-Christians) were wicked doomed for this horrible fate and then destruction. Over and over again came the warning: don't be like those wicked people who are going to such a horrible fate. Get on the boat- don't be like them. Don't associate with them- they are just dead weight that will drag you down. Don't be like them. Stay only on the WT boat. Only look to the WT. If you do anything else you'll drown like rest of the wicked.

Reactions: Nancy

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Multiple times at multiple locations, the same analogy was used: that world is sinking and the WT alone was the boat to safety. They elaborated quite extensively about how the world was wicked, how everyone else (even non-JW-Christians) were wicked doomed for this horrible fate and then destruction. Over and over again came the warning: don't be like those wicked people who are going to such a horrible fate. Get on the boat- don't be like them. Don't associate with them- they are just dead weight that will drag you down. Don't be like them. Stay only on the WT boat. Only look to the WT. If you do anything else you'll drown like rest of the wicked.

i think you were just shocked cause of how radically different it is from your Denom. My meetings are never like that.

so you must of had "a few bad eggs" in the dozen.

my meetings are never feared based.

what about the watchtower study.

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
also i can't get off the boat i have no where to go you want me to jump in to Cold Bone Freezing Water. that which leads to my own death.
and my GrandParents Would look down on me.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My meetings are never like that.

so you must of had "a few bad eggs" in the dozen.
I thought it was a bad egg at first to. Hence why I tried a different Hall, many times over. Why I read Awake magazines one after another, and searches through JW.org. It was one bad experience one after another.
If your particular Hall is somehow different and indeed motivated by love- I would be thrilled for that. I am, admittedly skeptical.
what about the watchtower study.
More of the same.

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
I thought it was a bad egg at first to. Hence why I tried a different Hall, many times over. Why I read Awake magazines one after another, and searches through JW.org. It was one bad experience one after another.

If your particular Hall is somehow different and indeed motivated by love- I would be thrilled for that. I am, admittedly skeptical.

More of the same.
How bout this when i get back from the hall on sunday i will tell you what i happened it won't be word for word but i will summarize it and i PROMISE to tell the Whole Truth.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmm...

Well, I have experienced fear based messages at Kingdom Hall....in my experience it was a man talking about how the world was going to hell in a handbasket and how Jehovah was the only answer

Reactions: Helen

TheHolyBookEnds

Jun 12, 2018
Neighbour
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we have an central (one i go to) at 1:00pm South at 10am
I have knocked on several JW doors in a local neighbourhood, and when I found that they were JW (they told me so, I even bumped into an Elder, I asked him for his email, and wrote him three times, he never wrote me back) and asked them a single question each time.

Can I preach/share at your Hall on Sunday, or do you guys not allow that?

What was their response do you think?

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Hmm...

Well, I have experienced fear based messages at Kingdom Hall....in my experience it was a man talking about how the world was going to hell in a handbasket and how Jehovah was the only answer
you just love seeing my faith be destroyed by your own lies and the lies of others you stolen this goes for everyone on this particular thread.

you don't care about my feelings Good. When i go to meetings and can get a fear of fear mongering.

you are the ones fear mongering people
HYPOCRITES

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
I have knocked on several JW doors in a local neighbourhood, and when I found that they were JW (they told me so, I even bumped into an Elder) and asked them a single question each time.

Can I preach/share at your Hall on Sunday, or do you guys not allow that?

What was their response do you think?

prolly Yes they are Nice people why wouldn't they let you do that

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
They said, "No." each time.

I was even going to preach/share on a subject that they would agree with. State of the Dead.

what bout the dead.

how could they said that i thought they were nice people.

i would of said yes.

how long ago was this.

we've changed i swear.

TheHolyBookEnds

Jun 12, 2018
Neighbour
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what bout the dead.

how could they said that i thought they were nice people.

i would of said yes.

how long ago was this.

we've changed i swear.
About a little over a year ago, when we were out going door to door for an Amen Clinic in the area.

Oh, they are generally nice people (like any group really).

I didn't really get an answer as to why, and I tried (politely to find out), and is why I contacted the Elder, as I really wanted to share with them and I thought that they would really enjoy the study on the state of the dead (soul sleep, in the natural and spiritual).

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
About a little over a year ago, when we were out going door to door for an Amen Clinic in the area.

Oh, they are generally nice people (like any group really).

I didn't really get an answer as to why, and I tried (politely to find out), and is why I contacted the Elder, as I really wanted to share with them and I thought that they would really enjoy the study on the state of the dead (soul sleep, in the natural and spiritual).
fine fine fine