Please Close This Thread

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: Jane_Doe22

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
What ever i don't people telling me i am in a cult and my worship is Godless okay. No one understands how it feels. Everyone hates me i repeat Everyone

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
what ever fine your right kingdom halls are the most unchristian things and everyone should avoid them like the plague.

I been going to fake christian churches i was never close to god and never will be.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What ever i don't people telling me i am in a cult and my worship is Godless okay. No one understands how it feels. Everyone hates me i repeat Everyone

My older brother joined the JW Church, in 1983, I found my Savior in early 1984. As a believer I went to visit my brother two months after excepting my Savior's gift, Salvation! My Brother made it very clear-- The Brother that I had Loved all my life, and now Loved even greater than before -- Made it very CLEAR, That unless I joined the JW Church, I was NO LONGER his brother, for 34 years I prayed and wept and hoped for reconciliation with Him, He totally divorcee the entire Family. I can hardly see to type this, for tears in my eyes, He Pasted Away last November, I never saw His face Again! WHAT IS HATE, You haven't lived long enough to experience, Love and or Hate, Try Loving your Fellow man for starter's, keep that Commandment!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My older brother joined the JW Church, in 1983, I found my Savior in early 1984. As a believer I went to visit my brother two months after excepting my Savior's gift, Salvation! My Brother made it very clear-- The Brother that I had Loved all my life, and now Loved even greater than before -- Made it very CLEAR, That unless I joined the JW Church, I was NO LONGER his brother, for 34 years I prayed and wept and hoped for reconciliation with Him, He totally divorcee the entire Family. I can hardly see to type this, for tears in my eyes, He Pasted Away last November, I never saw His face Again! WHAT IS HATE, You haven't lived long enough to experience, Love and or Hate, Try Loving your Fellow man for starter's, keep that Commandment!

I'm sorry to hear this Truth. My heart is hurting for you. Why do so many push away His unbelievable Love? We CANNOT love others as He wants for us until we have His love in us first.
Work out what has been worked in. A G A P E

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry to hear this Truth. My heart is hurting for you. Why do so many push away His unbelievable Love? We CANNOT love others as He wants for us until we have His love in us first.
Work out what has been worked in. A G A P E

Don't be sorry. I just learned about his passing last spring, so it just stick's a little, Love is and always will be the Ticket. My Love for him is alive, ready to share with any who cross my path! There are many brother's and sister's to share it with!

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you think that many people attend a JW service? I never have. I would never go where Jesus is seen only as a man. I may as well go to a Mosque...

JW’s don’t see Jesus as only a man, I’m not a JW but even I am not that naive. You need to stop reading the propaganda posted on the internet by those opposed to the JW’s.

JW’s believe as do Bible Students that our Lord in his pre-human existence was the Logos, the Word of God (John 1:1), “the first born” (Col 1:15), “the beginning of the creation of God” (Rev 3:14). “The Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last (of the direct creation of God).” Note in contrasts it is stated of the Father that he is without beginning of days nor ending, He has always been). God did not continue to create things himself, but he told his "first-born" what to do and he did it. He has been the agent of Jehovah in all that has since been done.

For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.” 1 Cor 8:5, 6

All things were made by him; and without him was not anything made that was made.” John 1:3

These scriptures are pretty steadfast and clear in their implications and to dispute them is to dispute Gods own testimony on this matter.

Another title our Lord carried along with that of the Logos in his pre-human existence was Michael (meaning "Who as God," or "Who is like God") the Archangel (the GREAT PRINCE, the Chief messenger, the Word of God).

But he left this former glory to become a ransom (Greek: anti-lutron, i.e. a corresponding price) for Adam and all his seed in him. He laid aside the glory of spiritual nature and "was made flesh”.

Who, being in the form of God, did not consider it [something to be held onto to be equal] with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of menPhil 2:6, 7 NKJV

The Diaglott, Interlineary renders it thusly, “Who, though being in God’s form, YET did not mediate a usurpation TO BE like God…” The idea here is the very opposite of equality, as conveyed in the Authorized translation: Jesus did not claim equality, nor aspire to a usurpation of God's authority.

That was Satan's claim and effort. (Isa 14:12-15) "I will ascend into heaven; I will exalt my throne above the stars of God…I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the Most High."

Our Lord as the Logos in his pre-human existence was indeed in the “formof God, that is he was in the spirit nature or condition, a spirit being, just as God is a spirit being accept that he (the Father) is of the very highest order of spirit being, the “Divine”. And when at the appointed time, the Lord “made (volunteered) himself of no reputation” “divesting himself of all his former glory and honor, he took upon himself the form of a servant (Bondsman), and was made in the likeness (“form”, earthly nature) of man. (Heb 2:16)

Thus our Lord Jesus was indeed at one time a mere man, flesh and blood, howbeit a perfect man, for in order for him to a ransom, a corresponding price he must of needs be exactly the equivalent of the first man who sinned, father Adam. Was Adam part human and part god, no he was not, he was created a perfect man and that alone.

God’s law is very exacting, an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, life for life. It was a perfect man who sinned therefore it would require a perfect man’s sacrifice to satisfy justice. A perfect man for a perfect man, no more no less. It was as an actual human being that he gave himself a ransom for mankind. (1 Tim. 2:6; Heb. 10:4, 5; 1 Cor. 15:21, 22)

Following Calvary and the successful completion of his sacrifice he has hence forth been highly exalted even above his former glory which he held prior to becoming man’s sacrifice, to the very nature of God, the divine nature.

It is manifest that the Son, in his pre-human existence, did not enjoy divine life, he was mortal as are all angels and men. Only by being mortal was he able to do his Father’s will (Heb. 10:9). Only by being mortal could he give up his spiritual existence in heaven, become and earthly being (Rom. 8:3), and then die as a man.

"For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor" (2 Cor 8:9)

After being "made perfect" (Heb. 2:10; 5:9), after proving his worth (Rev. 5:9), the Father gave to the Son to have life in himself, inherent life, immortality (John 5:26)

"Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name." (Phil. 2:9)

Jesus was resurrected not as a human, not as an angel, but as a divine being; and so, death hath no more dominion over him (Rom. 6:9), for He is no longer mortal, but immortal.

Thus neither the JW’s nor do we ourselves (Bible Students) deny the deity of Christ (that is following his high exaltation to the divine nature), but boldly proclaim it.

Reactions: Mister Michael

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you get your info from the first anti jw link you search for just Curious
Unfortunately this is true, most people are to lazy to actually investigate for them selves by going directly to the source (in this case an actual JW site to see what they believe), but rather seem content to accept the first thing they read, most of which is written by those prejudice of the JW's (anti-JW's) who know nothing of what the JW's actual teach or by X-JW's who have a beef to grind.

Many do the same with regards to Bible Students (whom they erroneously believe are JW's, simply because we share some similar beliefs) as well as other groups which they know little about.

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no interest. Never looked up anything to do with JW's...or Reverend Moon either, for that matter. I tend to not be a curious person.

Well that sums it up, you don't know anything about the JW's and yet you are criticizing. Was this how you were before you became a Christian criticizing all the various religious organizations which you knew little or nothing of, or is this unique to the JW's alone based upon some preconceived idea or notion you have gleam over time, from hearsay?

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This is probably the attitude you've experience elsewhere, but I havn't seen one person yet who said you were in a cult or that your worship is godless, not on this site, at least not yet, give it time and the worst of some on this site will rear its ugly head. And what's really striking is these individuals profess to be Christians.

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It should be rightly understood that although we as Bible Students share some similar beliefs as that of our JW friends (no different for example then Baptist share some similar beliefs as Catholics) we do not agree with the structure of their organization and how it is run. We don’t believe in having any “governing body” dictating to us our beliefs (doctrines) or the way in which we conduct our worship. We stand in the liberty where Christ has made us free and will not allow any organization, sect or creed to bind us in their fetters. This includes the chains of orthodoxy.

Reactions: Nancy

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thus neither the JW’s nor do we ourselves (Bible Students) deny the deity of Christ (that is following his high exaltation to the divine nature), but boldly proclaim it.
There is a BIG DIFFERENCE between "high exaltation" and eternal deity. The Bible says that Jesus is GOD (THEOS).

However, according to the official web site of the Jehovah's Witnesses, Jesus is A CREATURE created by God. According to the Bible He is the Creator without beginning and without end. And that is what Micah 5:2 says, not what the JWs claim that it says. So you are either misunderstanding them or misrepresenting them. So please note carefully:

"God does not have a literal wife with whom he fathered children. But he is the Creator of all life. (Revelation 4:11) Therefore, the first human that God created, Adam, is called a “son of God.” (Luke 3:38) Similarly, the Bible teaches that Jesus was created by God. So Jesus is also called a “Son of God.”—John 1:49.

God created Jesus before he created Adam. Regarding Jesus, the apostle Paul wrote: “He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.” (Colossians 1:15) Jesus’ life began long before he was born in a stable in Bethlehem. In fact, the Bible says that his “origin is from early times, from the days of time indefinite.” (Micah 5:2) As God’s firstborn Son, Jesus was a spirit creature in heaven before he was born as a human on earth. Jesus himself said: “I have come down from heaven.”—John 6:38; 8:23."

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/jesus-gods-son/

Why do Conservative Christians regarding the Jehovah's Witnesses as CULTISTS? Because Charles Taze Russel started this cult (as the Bible Student Movement originally), and almost all their teachings are OPPOSED TO Gospel Truth and Bible Truth. The above is the most glaring example.

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
You sound as though you are relatively new to the JW's, if you are not fully satisfied with the organization maybe its time to move on, but don't give up on your faith.
These people make me feel that way i know that's not their intentions but that's how i feel. Also people saying this feel like they saying my great grand father is in hell. Or whatever