Please Close This Thread

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a BIG DIFFERENCE between "high exaltation" and eternal deity. The Bible says that Jesus is GOD (THEOS).

However, according to the official web site of the Jehovah's Witnesses, Jesus is A CREATURE created by God. According to the Bible He is the Creator without beginning and without end. And that is what Micah 5:2 says, not what the JWs claim that it says. So you are either misunderstanding them or misrepresenting them. So please note carefully:

"God does not have a literal wife with whom he fathered children. But he is the Creator of all life. (Revelation 4:11) Therefore, the first human that God created, Adam, is called a “son of God.” (Luke 3:38) Similarly, the Bible teaches that Jesus was created by God. So Jesus is also called a “Son of God.”—John 1:49.

God created Jesus before he created Adam. Regarding Jesus, the apostle Paul wrote: “He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.” (Colossians 1:15) Jesus’ life began long before he was born in a stable in Bethlehem. In fact, the Bible says that his “origin is from early times, from the days of time indefinite.” (Micah 5:2) As God’s firstborn Son, Jesus was a spirit creature in heaven before he was born as a human on earth. Jesus himself said: “I have come down from heaven.”—John 6:38; 8:23."

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/jesus-gods-son/

Why do Conservative Christians regarding the Jehovah's Witnesses as CULTISTS? Because Charles Taze Russel started this cult (as the Bible Student Movement originally), and almost all their teachings are OPPOSED TO Gospel Truth and Bible Truth. The above is the most glaring example.

By your last remark you confirm you know very little about the origins of the JW organization and their true founder, Judge Rutherford as you make the common mistake of equating Pastor Russell as the founder.

When Judge Rutherford took over the organization shortly after the death of Pastor Russell the first thing he did was to throw out all the writings and teachings of Pastor Russell and substitute them with his own and with those who shared his beliefs. JW's do not adhere to the teaching of Pastor Russell, but to the dictates and teachings of the "governing body".

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These people make me feel that way i know that's not their intentions but that's how i feel. Also people saying this feel like they saying my great grand father is in hell. Or whatever

If your great Gan-father was never spirit begotten or felled to make his calling and election sure prior to his death then yes he is in hell, that is the "hell" of the bible not that taught by the blind guides of Christendom. He is in hell, Sheol, the covered or hidden place, the grave or pit, the great prison house, and there he remains with the rest of mankind awaiting the resurrection.

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
If your great Gan-father was never spirit begotten or felled to make his calling and election sure prior to his death then yes he is in hell, that is the "hell" of the bible not that taught by the blind guides of Christendom. He is in hell, Sheol, the covered or hidden place, the grave or pit, the great prison house, and there he remains with the rest of mankind awaiting the resurrection.
How could you say that to me. I loved him he loved me i miss and now you tell me he's in hell why is Jesus an unloving god to throw him in a place like that.

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How could you say that to me. I loved him he loved me i miss and now you tell me he's in hell why is Jesus an unloving god to throw him in a place like that.

I didn't say anything about his being tormented or anything I simply stated he remains in Hell, (in the Greek: Sheol, the grave), "asleep in Jesus" until the resurrection morning.

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
I am sorry for thinking that i hate myself no one can love me i am horrible. I don't care anymore i don't even feel anything but anger u was never happy i will do what you all want me to do leave the jw faith when i am 18 and never ever become s christian wait i was never one. I see that Christianity does nothing but harm. You told me i can't be one so i wont become one.

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
could you please tell me how a loving god would throw those who died for him in a torture oit for his enemy satan and his angels to enjoy please i ask you why.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
By your last remark you confirm you know very little about the origins of the JW organization and their true founder...
It makes no difference. The doctrines of the JWs are ADAMANTLY OPPOSED to Bible Christianity. We could go into great detail, but anyone who cares to investigate will discover this.

Let's take one blatant distortion of Bible truth from the New World Translation (NWT 1984) for John 1:1:

1 In [the] beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god.

Now here is what every Bible says (other than the NWT):

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
(KJB)

This corresponds to the Greek in BOTH the Received Text (Stephanus) as well as the Critical Text (Nestle), both being identical:

Stephanus Textus Receptus 1550
Ἐν ἀρχῇ ἦν ὁ λόγος καὶ ὁ λόγος ἦν πρὸς τὸν θεόν καὶ θεὸς ἦν ὁ λόγος

Nestle Greek New Testament 1904
Ἐν ἀρχῇ ἦν ὁ Λόγος, καὶ ὁ Λόγος ἦν πρὸς τὸν Θεόν, καὶ Θεὸς ἦν ὁ Λόγος.

The question which Christians must ask themselves is what right do the JWs have to blatantly tamper with the Word of God in order to support their false doctrines? Is there a huge difference between proclaiming that Jesus is God and contradicting that by claiming that He is "a god"? Absolutely.

And it does not matter how much time you spend, and how many Scriptures you show these misguided people. They adamantly refuse to believe the Bible because they have been brainwashed (as all cultists are brainwashed).

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am sorry for thinking that i hate myself no one can love me i am horrible.
Mister Michael,
This is not about you. God loves you, and all Christian love you sufficiently to show you how misguided your religion is. It is up to you (as many others have done) to isolate yourself from these misguided people, and study the Word of God with Bible-believing regenerated Christians.

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Mister Michael,
This is not about you. God loves you, and all Christian love you sufficiently to show you how misguided your religion is. It is up to you (as many others have done) to isolate yourself from these misguided people, and study the Word of God with Bible-believing regenerated Christians.
how could he love me when i denied his divinty agsin and sgain he doesn't love me. I attacked people belief in him how could they love me.

Reactions: Truth

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

A Soul's destination is in God's Hand's, to many people like to sit in the Great White Throne, and pass judgment, not really knowing what a Soul's position was when they died! Chill out and dust of your feet, and carry on!

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
how could he love me when i denied his divinty agsin and sgain he doesn't love me. I attacked people belief in him how could they love me.

There is but one unforgivable act! You can say all manner of thing's, Just Repent from your heart, be Truthful and that's that!

Reactions: Nancy

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Warning: You're not going to like this answer. Really not going to like it. I foresee you pouting here and lashing out, because this is not remotely flattering. But if you're interested in the 100% honest recount of my experience, read below. If you only want to hear positive things, do NOT read this.

I'm a religious nerd, and love to attend different services to see the people there, to better come to understand and love them. So, name a group, Christian or not, I've probably been there half a dozen times. I've done this for +15 years at this point, and by and large usually have a positive experience and smiling at people love of God.

The single glaring exception to this positive trend is visiting JW. It was... a horrible experience. I come with a smile trying to be friendly, and... I was treated like a stake that walked into a hungry lions den. That no one cared about me except as a piece of meat to "save". When I would talk to people and not follow a script it... it was like watching a train fall off the tracks-- they didn't know how to talk to me except on that one track path. They didn't comprehend the questions I tried to ask them. And then I literally watched them practice "evangelizing" by reciting scripts! And the sermon was 100% fear-based egotism akin to other folks sermons of "everyone else is going to die but us!".

I left, completely and utterly repulsed.

But I'm a stubborn person and try to be optimistic, and thought "ok, so that Kingdom Hall is a bad place. Probably a fluke- cause flukes happen. I'll try another one in another city" (I was traveling a lot back then). So I tried a second in a second city-- if possible it was a worse experience. Being stubborn, I tried a third, and a fourth, and a fifth, in a variety of different meeting types. So many things-- a phobia of learning, a phobia of others, praising persecution that they enforced even on their own family members. And never a mention of following Christ, a relationship with Him, or anything honestly love motivated.

Again, I'm stubborn. Stupidly stubborn. I thought "There has to be some logic here, some love, that they at least see themselves and understand, some beauty there." After all, I'm a person who walks into mosques, wiccan halls, hindu temples, Scientology places, etc, and I always do find some measure of beauty there.

So I search more and more for months. I want through literature after literature, met with their missionaries, scoured their website, asked all sorts of congregation members. And.... the exact words of my thoughts were "this ice cream tastes like vomit. Did the first bite, and the next container of it and the 5th after that. How much vomit ice cream and I going to force myself to go through looking for something good?"

So I stopped. And I walked away from it. In 15 years of religious studies, it is the only faith I have walked away from. I was so... calling it "empty handed" doesn't fit the bill. I wasn't empty handed-- I was in desperate need of a shower.

Now, do I shut out every JW individual based on this experience? No. In fact I still happily talk to JW and along with any other folk, to see them as an individuals. I'll happily say I have even had some positive encounters with some individuals. But you'll never again see me enter a Kingdom Hall. Mosque? Sure. Wiccan hall? Sure. But never again a Kingdom Hall.
curious what days did u go to the kingdom hall sundays or mid week