Co- Redemptrix

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
the interp is still prolly whacked i guess, no matter which tranny you use. i mean it is BoL after all, c'mon

grace and sinlessness are both time-dependent, and i guess Mary sinned when she was a kid, most likely. She was mos def not sinless her entire life, or we would not need Christ. obviously.

BoL wants to forward another Savior. Let him, i say, so what
Wow. What a good point.
God could have made us without free will so we couldn't sin so Jesus would never have had to die.
We could have all been Marys, Maries, whateva.

Reactions: bbyrd009

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you saying that it's possible to love perfectly while here on earth?

Not without a special grace from God. I suspect that certain people who have cognitive impairments get as close as humans can get to loving perfectly.

Also, Jesus seemed to think loving perfectly was possible in this life according to matt 5:48.

Last edited:

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Denial of your position is an intelligent response. You have nothing but what you what to make of it. There is nothing to indicate any sinlessness of Mary. She was affected by the original sin of Adam as everyone born of Adam, save Jesus Christ.

Stranger

Typical response.

Let anyone one else do the research and then, dismiss it with an opinion

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
exactly so - so this is of little or no consequence to Protestants and some others - twinc
I think it is of consequence to the body of Christ which doesn't recognize denomination. If you believe that scripture is inspired by the Spirit of God, then scripture can't be broken as Christ said Himself. If we find an apparent contradiction between different passages, then either our translation is flawed or our understanding is uninformed (or misinformed.) God doesn't make mistakes.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Not without a special grace from God. I suspect that certain people who have cognitive impairments get as close as humans can get to loving perfectly.

Also, Jesus seemed to think loving perfectly was possible in this life according to matt 5:48.
I have someone close with cognitive impairment.
She's a very loving person. (my granddaughter)
But, boy, could she get upset.
Persons with Angel's Syndrome are always loving and smiling, but, they also don't grasp too much, not anything really. I know some.

As far as Mathew 5:48.
I do believe Jesus meant that God's perfection should be our goal, I don't think Jesus, knowing our hearts, could ever possibly think we could be perfect.

This is why He implored us to do good deeds and to love ourselves and our neighbors - as we love God.

There is no perfection here on earth.

Philippians 3:12

Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When we love (as by our actions) those who have harmed us or act as enemies to us, we love perfectly as defined by Christ Himself. If we have His Spirit we are capable, but then it becomes a matter of choice and of grace, not a natural act, but a supernatural work of God's Spirit within us. I'm content with that as I know that I possess no good thing of my own, but that all good and perfect gifts come down from the Father of lights to whom we owe our faith and our obedience. Thank God for His mercy and His grace as we'd all be lost without them. Amen.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
but we still write poems about a mother's love, and child-bearing is done by females. This is a spiritual perspective, virtually at odds with how "females" are treated in the rest of the Book, don't you think?
Yes bb. A mother's love is one of a kind.
But then so is romantic love, when it's true.

If love could be perfect then mothers would not make any mistakes.
They would never wish their kid would go away for a couple of days.
It's a pipe dream. I don't know ANY mother that had perfect love for their children. Love is marred by the same thing everything else is...
ole' split hooves. He's got his claws into everything.
Romantic love isn't perfect either.
Is love for God perfect? Have you ever been mad at God?
Yeah. No perfection here.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
When we love (as by our actions) those who have harmed us or act as enemies to us, we love perfectly as defined by Christ Himself. If we have His Spirit we are capable, but then it becomes a matter of choice and of grace, not a natural act, but a supernatural work of God's Spirit within us. I'm content with that as I know that I possess no good thing of my own, but that all good and perfect gifts come down from the Father of lights to whom we owe our faith and our obedience. Thank God for His mercy and His grace as we'd all be lost without them. Amen.
Amen.
I like that you put as by our actions in parenthesis.
Yes, even when we wish our children would go away for 24 hours, we don't really tell them to.

I guess this is what you mean.
Important point !

And, as such, God sees our intent more than our mistakes.
My parents made mistakes like every other parent, but I know, thankfully, that they loved Jesus and are both in heaven.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen.
I like that you put as by our actions in parenthesis.
Yes, even when we wish our children would go away for 24 hours, we don't really tell them to.

I guess this is what you mean.
Important point !

And, as such, God sees our intent more than our mistakes.
My parents made mistakes like every other parent, but I know, thankfully, that they loved Jesus and are both in heaven.
I'm quite convinced that God doesn't judge our actions if we've believed Him (in a condemning way), but that if He's received us as adopted children through faith in His Son, He disciplines us as His own and loves us through our lives and beyond them to eternal life. This is the teaching of scripture. Of course, the scripture warns us that if we are not disciplined by God, then we are not legitimate children.

Reactions: Helen