Co- Redemptrix

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you accuse me of repeating myself and then ask me to repeat myself just because you cannot see or hear - so here it is again, so please do get it for it is " unforgiveable blasphemy to claim inspiration/guidance/indwelling by the Holy Spirit and produce rotten results/fruits of division, divergence, differences, disputes, contradictions, confusion and chaos - twinc

She is asking you for a reference, twinc. You Are the only person here who accepts youself as an authority. Be clear and give a reference

Reactions: Helen

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We sure have some babblers on this board.....

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But does that sword of division include the many believers claiming to be led by the Holy Spirit yet are as divided as any religion can get? Was causing discord within his church apart of the plan? I don't recall. You can't get anything done if you are at each others throats even over the most basic, most well understand and clear cut Biblical doctrines. I would say the Prince of Devils is the more likely culprit here.
Maybe, but I believe ego and pride are the primary issues. The scripture even says that contention has a purpose in the church, revealing those that have been approved by God. He makes all things to work for the good of those who are called according to His purpose.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe, but I believe ego and pride are the primary issues. The scripture even says that contention has a purpose in the church, revealing those that have been approved by God. He makes all things to work for the good of those who are called according to His purpose.

Contention reveals those approved? What scripture is that?

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Contention reveals those approved? What scripture is that?
That's my interpretation of 1 Corinthians 11:19 (in context) as my assumption is that the existence of factions implies the existence of contention between them, though I may be mistaken in my understanding.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How many unbelievers have you heard make the good confession? Even one?
I have heard a lot of people call them selves christians, does not make it so, wheat and the tares, the tares will be removed at the harvest, going to be a scary time for some. Do you really think that a christian church will only have christians in it?? we had a church where a bunch of witches walked in once, and i have a sister who used to run a home group, once had a witch get up and tell her, that she is a witch and has to go pray against teh christians, dont be so blind.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have heard a lot of people call them selves christians, does not make it so, wheat and the tares, the tares will be removed at the harvest, going to be a scary time for some. Do you really think that a christian church will only have christians in it?? we had a church where a bunch of witches walked in one, and one sister who used to run a home group, once had a witch get up and tell her, that she is a witch and has to go pray against teh christians, dont be so blind.
Many people identify as Christians but will not make the good confession. I've spoken with more than 1 Jehovah's witness who though they call themselves Christian do not believe that Jesus is Lord or equal to God and consequently will not call Him Lord (yohd, he, vaw, he). That's why they go door to door asking people if they know God's name. Calling yourself a Christian isn't the good confession, calling Christ LORD is. Do not be deceived, Christ said that He would confess before the Father those that confess Him, and deny before the Father those that deny Him. On this scripture is very clear and repeats itself multiple times.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Many people identify as Christians but will not make the good confession. I've spoken with more than 1 Jehovah's witness who though they call themselves Christian do not believe that Jesus is Lord or equal to God and consequently will not call Him Lord (yohd, he, vaw, he). That's why they go door to door asking people if they know God's name. Calling yourself a Christian isn't the good confession, calling Christ LORD is. Do not be deceived, Christ said that He would confess before the Father those that confess Him, and deny before the Father those that deny Him. On this scripture is very clear and repeats itself multiple times.
And yet man so called christians will tell you straight to your face that Jesus is there Lord, when they do not even know who He is.

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

as i said dont be so blind, what you see or hears isnt always as it seems, just watch the news.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet man so called christians will tell you straight to your face that Jesus is there Lord, when they do not even know who He is.

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

as i said dont be so blind, what you see or hears isnt always as it seems, just watch the news.
How many have you been witness to? How would you know who believes and who doesn't? Who made you their judge? Why do you choose to usurp God's authority? By what right do you deny what scripture says? Inquiring minds want to know.
Look, here are the facts, you have a right, perhaps an obligation to make judgments about a person's works, and you have the right, and probably the obligation to disassociate yourself from those who you believe to be willfully sinning, but you don't have the right to condemn them, that's God's job. And you certainly don't know what's in their hearts or minds (unless you've shared a demon with one of them), and you certainly don't know what grace God may show them, today, tomorrow, or ever until the day of Christ's return in judgment. This is the only way to test the spirit of a man, to ask him who Jesus Christ is.

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
W
How many have you been witness to? How would you know who believes and who doesn't? Who made you their judge? Why do you choose to usurp God's authority? By what right do you deny what scripture says? Inquiring minds want to know.
Why are you so upset, if what I say is not true, should it matter, I have witnessed to a few, and find "non believers" far easier to discuss the things of God than christians, and by the way if you read your bible Jesus said it would be so.

Again open your eyes.

Mat_13:15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
So you keep on saying...where?
Show me where? Who? Show me who?
Like I said before...you have this "bee in your bonnet" and have said this for 12 years now...WHERE?
What are you talking about? You never ever explain in a sensible sentence, you talk in riddles.
I can't answer when you don't make yourself plain to be understood.

Waiting.......
You've been here 12 years?!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
that is because they do not recognise Him even in the breaking of bread but breaking away in the breaking ol bread[Jn 6:66-69] - twinc
that is bc the fruit is rotten, and that is how we are told to judge though, twincky. Don't get me wrong, imo this mostly evolves from a bad understanding of "church," and Prots suffer the same outcomes in their legal system, i guess

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
She is asking you for a reference, twinc. You Are the only person here who accepts youself as an authority. Be clear and give a reference

exactly the opposite is the case - I appear to be the only one not claiming inspiration/guidance/indwelling by the Holy Spirit - here Kiplings poem 'IF' comes to mind - twinc

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
exactly the opposite is the case - I appear to be the only one not claiming inspiration/guidance/indwelling by the Holy Spirit - here Kiplings poem 'IF' comes to mind - twinc
Oh, I get it now. You haven't met Him yet. Call on Him today! Now, if you hear His voice do not harden your heart as they did in the rebellion. The Lord takes no pleasure in the death of those that are dying, so obey the commandment and believe Him who died for you. Pray to the Lord to be the Savior of your soul and ask Him for His Spirit and He will surely give it. Amen.

Reactions: GodsGrace

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, I get it now. You haven't met Him yet. Call on Him today! Now, if you hear His voice do not harden your heart as they did in the rebellion. The Lord takes no pleasure in the death of those that are dying, so obey the commandment and believe Him who died for you. Pray to the Lord to be the Savior of your soul and ask Him for His Spirit and He will surely give it. Amen.

I do not demand but wait on the Lord who knows better than I do and assures us " before you call I will hear and before you ask I will answer" - twinc