Co- Redemptrix

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are no word or words whether in English, Chinese, or Russian, and any other language that can be applied to describe the birth of Jesus as you have conveyed.

Philippians 2:5-8
5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7 But made Himself of no reputation, and took upon Him the form of of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8 And being found in fashion as a man, He humbled Himself (left His glory), and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

The scriptures above is a contradiction to the notion Mary gave birth to both God/man., and such is a blasphemy! Christ Jesus from everlasting to everlasting IS God, and has no beginning but man does! Jesus had to reside in a womb so as to receive a human nature, to suffer, die as a man, for it was mankind who committed sin. But it has to be a God to go through hell on behalf of man, reach and get out the other side in order to become saved.

Hence, it is inconceivable that we can equate nor even consider that God as Spirit, from everlasting to everlasting has a beginning, except as Jesus in the flesh. Matthew 19:26

I hope this helps.

To God Be The Glory
Good grief - have you never heard that God became INCARNATE and dwelled on earth (John 1:14)??

The problem with you and Stranger and all of the other Nestorians here is that you are conflating giving birth with "creating".
NOBODY is saying that Mary created the Son of God. She DID, however, carry Him in her womb and gave birth to Him, who is GOD.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HI BOL,

ONCE AGAIN I wasn't TRYING to say anything....I flat out SAID IT: "I agree that she gave birth to BOTH." That means I am AGREEING with you!!

ONCE AGAIN you are confusing my summary of what I thought stranger was saying with what I was saying. How much clearer can I be??:(

Would you PLEASE read the fullness of what I wrote? When I said "take a chill pill" and "Have you ever considered taking yoga classes" the average person would infer from those two statements that I am asking you to relax, chill out, stop being so uptight. Yoga involves bodily postures, breathing exercises, and meditation. As long as one does not pursue it as a spiritual path, you are NOT practicing paganism.

Read and understand the FULLNESS of what I wrote just like Catholics are taught to read and understand the FULLNESS of scripture. Revert to your Catholic training young Jedi!! (Oh' no, Mary mentioned another anti Christian/pagan practice);)

Love, Mary
Sorry, Mary, but you're wrong.

Here is the FULL text of your original post that I responded to.
The text in bold red is heresy. I realize that this may NOT have been what you meant - but it came out wrong:

Hi Stranger,
I think I get what you are saying. Jesus is God AND man. He existed as God before he became a man and before Mary was born.

When Mary gave birth to him she gave birth to the man portion of God/man. She could not have given birth to the God part of Jesus. She is the DNA mother of the man Jesus.

I think what you are saying is that although Mary is the Mother of God she is not and could not be his mother in the sense that she is not older than God OR the source of His divinity?

@BreadOfLife I think it is fair to say that she is the Mother of God in the sense that she carried in her womb a divine person who was Jesus Christ who was God "in the flesh" and in the sense that she contributed the genetic matter to the human form?

Summarizing: Mary is the DNA Mother of God (Jesus), she is NOT the source of His divinity.
Respectfully, Mary

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People still sitting here arguing with this guy about this? I gave up, because I have come to the realization that BOL is just defending his lover, and you know how men tend to get with their significant others, they get REAL defensive, because they can do no wrong.
Good luck talking to Jesus that way about His Mother . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it is a distinct possibility that he is secretly in love with Mary. That's why he can't come to grips with the fact that the love of his life isn't anything special.
Ahhhh, yes - snarky and disgusting comments.
The last bastion of the truly ignorant and ill-equipped . . .

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong, Amadeus.

For some reason, many of you think that it is okay to tell lies - as long as it's about the Catholic Church.
It's not and I have no tolerance for it.

So, as long as you guys continue this sick behavior - I will be there to expose you.
As I've said MANY times on this forum - if you want me to go away, just STOP lying.
You have a way of twisting people's meanings or understandings into what you call lies. This is what I meant by the quote regarding idle words. For your own sake, as you already know, you should get hold of yourself. While you do have confession available, that confession according to Catholicism as I understand it is meaningless without real repentance. An insincere confession is no confession at all.

I and some others here I believe never purposely lie or even misrepresent your church although you are quick to name us liars and/or anti-Catholic. Some may be, but not as many you are counting. I am praying that God show you the Light especially in the area of charity.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good luck talking to Jesus that way about His Mother . . .

:) Well, we won't be talking about everything that occurred in this world, for "the former things will not be remembered, nor even come to mind". Regardless, his passage into this world won't be of any concern to me, and I'm pretty sure it won't for the word made flesh either, since 'the word of God' doesn't have a mother..........:rolleyes:.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have a way of twisting people's meanings or understandings into what you call lies. This is what I meant by the quote regarding idle words. For your own sake, as you already know, you should get hold of yourself. While you do have confession available, that confession according to Catholicism as I understand it is meaningless without real repentance. An insincere confession is no confession at all.

I and some others here I believe never purposely lie or even misrepresent your church although you are quick to name us liars and/or anti-Catholic. Some may be, but not as many you are counting. I am praying that God show you the Light especially in the area of charity.

According to him and other Catholics, their church is the only true way to salvation. There was even such a thread started by one of them for Christs sake. To me it seems to violate one of the rules of this website of not accusing others of not being "true Christians", yet it went unchallenged by the moderators. So I am not at all surprised that he comes here accusing everyone not of his church as "liars". We aren't really saved according to his ilk.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to him and other Catholics, their church is the only true way to salvation. There was even such a thread started by one of them for Christs sake. To me it seems to violate one of the rules of this website of not accusing others of not being "true Christians", yet it went unchallenged by the moderators. So I am not at all surprised that he comes here accusing everyone not of his church as "liars". We aren't really saved according to his ilk.
While I really don't expect to see him change, it really would be a good thing. Not all Catholics are so hard-headed and I am not speaking of the nominal Catholics. There are those in other Christian churches as well.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"
He replied to him, "Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?"
That doesn't mean that He didn't honor His Mother (Exod. 20:12).
do you honesty believe that he disrespected her??

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, we won't be talking about everything that occurred in this world, for "the former things will not be remembered, nor even come to mind". Regardless, his passage into this world won't be of any concern to me, and I'm pretty sure it won't for the word made flesh either, since 'the word of God' doesn't have a mother...........
Noooo - that passage is assuming that you will make it to Heaven. and that you are forgiven.
Forgiven Christians don't make disgusting comments about Jesus's Mother.

Reactions: Helen

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That doesn't mean that He didn't honor His Mother (Exod. 20:12).
do you honesty believe that he disrespected her??

:rolleyes:..............Referring to her as the "queen of heaven" exemplifies disrespect not only to her but to God himself. God has no queen, he never needed one, and never will need one, because he is God all by himself.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While I really don't expect to see him change, it really would be a good thing. Not all Catholics are so hard-headed and I am not speaking of the nominal Catholics. There are those in other Christian churches as well.

Well, when it comes to the Catholics on this website, I really don't care much for them, and I should not have to explain why I don't.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This statement is laughable because MOST of you have lied about what Catholics teach and believe:

Some of my favorites are:
- Catholics worship Mary
- Catholics worship statues
- Catholics are forbidden to read the Bible
- Catholics are NOT Christian
- The Catholic Church killed "millions" of people during the Inquisitions
- Pope Pius XII gave his blessing on Hitler's atrocities
- The Catholic Church was started by Constantine
- The Catholic Church is thinking about changing some of their doctrines
- All priests are pedophiles
- The list goes on and on and on . . .

There is no truth in ANY of this.
So, either you are all just a bunch of ignorant people - or you simply lie to get your points across.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"
He replied to him, "Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?"

Yeah, that's a good question isn't it?

(Matthew 12:46-50) "¶ While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him. {47} Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee. {48} But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren? {49} And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren! {50} For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother."

Reactions: bbyrd009

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
.............Referring to her as the "queen of heaven" exemplifies disrespect not only to her but to God himself. God has no queen, he never needed one, and never will need one, because he is God all by himself.
Who said that God "needed" a Queen in Heaven??
God doesn't "need" anything or anybody.

God doesn't "need" angels - but he created them anyway.
God doesn't "need" a planet Earth or the universe - but he created them anyway.
God doesn't "need" all of US - but he created us anyway.

Mary is Queen in Heaven because we see her in Rev. 12:1 wearing a crown of 12 stars and giving birth to the King.
Like ALL of the Davidic Kings of Israel starting with Solomon, the Mother of the King was Queen - NOT the wife.

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you always take the Lord's name in vain??

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This statement is laughable because MOST of you have lied about what Catholics teach and believe:

Some of my favorites are:
- Catholics worship Mary
- Catholics worship statues
- Catholics are forbidden to read the Bible
- Catholics are NOT Christian
- The Catholic Church killed "millions" of people during the Inquisitions
- Pope Pius XII gave his blessing on Hitler's atrocities
- The Catholic Church was started by Constantine
- The Catholic Church is thinking about changing some of their doctrines
- All priests are pedophiles
- The list goes on and on and on . . .

There is no truth in ANY of this.
So, either you are all just a bunch of ignorant people - or you simply lie to get your points across.
My post was to you personally and you answer by lumping together everyone who is not a Catholic as if they were all the same rather than admit that you might even in a measure be wrong. We are ignorant, each one of us of many things, but you would condemn the innocent along with the guilty to be certain that none were left standing, not even those who do not fit into your generalization. How guilty was Jesus when He was crucified? Would you stand with those who condemned Him as well?

I wonder where you received your authority and how well your stewardship, if is yours, when the final accounting is done.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, Mary, but you're wrong.

Here is the FULL text of your original post that I responded to.
The text in bold red is heresy. I realize that this may NOT have been what you meant - but it came out wrong:
I give up....

If you can't put into context what I was saying by reading the first 10 words I wrote I certainly can't help you.

(Hi Stranger, I think I get what you are saying.)

If you don't understand or get it now....you never will.

Have a blessed day.....Mary

You really should try yoga....or at least a chill pill :)