Come Back ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
OH ! from the nuns............ it was possible........... back then it was so different......

I do not think you would believe all that happened with them back in my time... very different !

reincarnation is accepted by the Jews and Judaism and was accepted by Christ, the Apostles and early Christians and then after 500years the baby was thrown out with the bath water and should now be reincarnated - twinc

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, you learn to follow their stories once you have got to know them. I admire the carers, I use to be one on the demencia floor but found it hard to switch off - now I love it as I can interact in a different way, but detach.
It's the conversations between residents that fascinate me- they are ' in their own seperate worlds' but responding as if the other person is talking to them in thier worlds.
I do feel for the families though - such a hard illness to watch a loved one go through X
Butterfly

there is, it seems, help and a cure for dementia and has been but is not widely known or accepted - twinc

B

Butterfly

I think there is a lot of research out their now and we know far more about it than we use to. Sadly there are over a hundred different kinds of demencia and one in three or five of us will get it X
Our youngest resident is 63 - which really is sad X
Butterfly

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was just sad to see this one lady [our relative] because I have never seen such a sweet lady in my life and we all

feel the same about her. I thought for sure she would have more visits from friends and relatives....

B

Butterfly

Grams, did she say that she did not see many people, or did the care team relay that info. I only ask because it's not uncommon for people with demencia to forget who has been in to see them.
Butterfly

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
reincarnation is accepted by the Jews and Judaism and was accepted by Christ, the Apostles and early Christians and then after 500years the baby was thrown out with the bath water and should now be reincarnated - twinc

i was going to mention this but you beat me to it.
i have looked into the reincarnation belief. from my research, today only Jewish and Christian mystics still accept it. in the days of Jesus and the 12 the Essenes were teaching it. i also read it was rome that started phasing it out for political reasons. there seems to be several core beliefs that pops up once rome becomes Christian, beliefs that never existed before rome, as well as other beliefs that were done away with.
Jesus sent us a spirit of truth, rome appointed councils to decide truth. i think i will go with the spirit.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
i have looked into the reincarnation belief. from my research, today only Jewish and Christian mystics still accept it. in the days of Jesus and the 12 the Essenes were teaching it. i also read it was rome that started phasing it out for political reasons. there seems to be several core beliefs that pops up once rome becomes Christian, beliefs that never existed before rome, as well as other beliefs that were done away with.
Jesus sent us a spirit of truth, rome appointed councils to decide truth. i think i will go with the spirit.

jaybird - Rome as usual and always was and is right and cannot be wrong but here as also elsewhere in the past and even now misunderstandings and misinterpretations are accepted and in this case the baby got thrown out with the cleansing bath water - in the main it is stated as at Heb 9:27 that it is appointed once to die and then the judgement - this is absolutely so for Christianity is the end of the road for reincarnation for all non Christians, like Nicodemus must be born again as Christians and so there will only be Christians in heaven or hell imho - twinc

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom

so according to you going with the spirit means that you and all others are guided and inspired by the spirit but the Pope and Catholics are not - so we have many infallible Popes all disagreeing - twinc

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Reincarnation is too limiting. If i wanted to speculate and fly off into fantasy, i would say as soon as Jesus ascended to the Father, the age of Purgatory began. We are simply paying our dues before going to Heaven. It gives a good reasoning for universal salvation, the problem of evil, and Christs conquering death....it even explains past life type memories...

You’re welcome.
Thanks.

(except for the problem of evil)

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
The Catholic church never believed in reincarnation.
Please show someplace that states this as fact.
No Chrisitian religion believes in reincarnation.

It is appointed for man to die once and then comes the judgement...
We get ONE chance.
Hebrews 9:27

Jesus to the thief:
TODAY you will be with me in paradise...
NOT, You'll be coming back as someone else...
Luke 23:43

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Jesus accepted reincarnation?
Please post scripture.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom

We get ONE chance.

Jesus to the thief:

lets take the last first = today = equals a thousand years in the eyes of the Lord = plenty of time to be born again = the thief was a Jew and like Nicodemus had to be born again as a Christian

Hebrews 9:27 = has already been explained = only Christians die and are resurrected

The Catholic church did not ban something not accepted or believed = the council of Constantinople

No Christian religion rightly believes in reincarnation since resurrection not reincarnation is for Christians and Christians only for every knee shall bow and every tongue confess Jesus as LORD - twinc

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus accepted reincarnation?
Please post scripture.

sure - no problem - see Jn 3 where Jesus says Jews and other non Christians must be born again as Christians - also see Matt16:13/17:11-13 - twinc

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
sure - no problem - see Jn 3 where Jesus says Jews and other non Christians must be born again as Christians - also see Matt16:13/17:11-13 - twinc
Are you serious?
You think Jesus meant we're supposed to be born as somebody different after death?

Mathew 16 and 17 is referring too a spiritual Elijah, or the people of the time are conjecturing as to who Jesus was since they were expecting Elijah to come back.
Malachi 4:5

Some Pharisees taught that at a time of great national peril, one of the early prophets, like Elijah, might come back to give assitance.

JESUS, never fostered the idea of reincarnation.

For anyone interested in knowing more,
there are many commentaries on the internet.
Here's one:
Matthew 16:14 They replied, "Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets."

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
lets take the last first = today = equals a thousand years in the eyes of the Lord = plenty of time to be born again = the thief was a Jew and like Nicodemus had to be born again as a Christian

Hebrews 9:27 = has already been explained = only Christians die and are resurrected

The Catholic church did not ban something not accepted or believed = the council of Constantinople

No Christian religion rightly believes in reincarnation since resurrection not reincarnation is for Christians and Christians only for every knee shall bow and every tongue confess Jesus as LORD - twinc
No. Jesus didn't mean a thousand years.
He told the thief TODAY, you will be with me in paradise.
He was speaking as a person on earth.

One is not a Jew born again as a Christian. One BECOMES a Christian, just like you did. Who were YOU before you were a Christian?

Well, once again I'm asking you to post something supporting your very weird idea, if I may say so.

This is the reason people should go to good churches that teach Christianity and not some weird religion that tries to pass of as Christian.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
No. Jesus didn't mean a thousand years.
He told the thief TODAY, you will be with me in paradise.
He was speaking as a person on earth.

One is not a Jew born again as a Christian. One BECOMES a Christian, just like you did. Who were YOU before you were a Christian?

Well, once again I'm asking you to post something supporting your very weird idea, if I may say so.

This is the reason people should go to good churches that teach Christianity and not some weird religion that tries to pass of as Christian.

supposedly you are getting your info direct from the Holy Spirit or are you just kidding yourself - I had nothing to do with being born as a Christian - btw Jesus said Paradise not heaven - Paradise is where the thief ate of the fruit of life and so did not die but lived to be reincarnated[Rev/Apoc 2:7] - no bible says TODAY and my Catholic bible says this day - twinc

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016

i never intended to imply reincarnation was a Catholic doctrine. when i say rome im referring to the roman empire and their influence on the Christian faith.

few if any of the mainstream denominations.

We get ONE chance.
Lazarus was brought back. Paul also teaches on a 2nd death, so which is it, one or two deaths?
the reincarnation taught by Jews and Christians is that the soul never dies, only your phisical body. it makes little difference if the body dies, our true self lives on.

John 9
9 As he passed by, he saw a man blind from birth. 2 And his disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”
how did this guy commit a sin before his birth?

Jesus to the thief:
maybe the thief had nothing left to accomplish here. we know nothing of who this guy was. reincarnation as taught by Essenes was not to work for a rebirth into a life better than the present life, it was about fullfilling accomplishments to be reborn as a son of the Most High in the heavenly realms.
we have no problems believing we live after this life, why is it such a big deal to entertain the idea we lived before this life.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
i never intended to imply reincarnation was a Catholic doctrine. when i say rome im referring to the roman empire and their influence on the Christian faith.

few if any of the mainstream denominations.

Lazarus was brought back. Paul also teaches on a 2nd death, so which is it, one or two deaths?
the reincarnation taught by Jews and Christians is that the soul never dies, only your phisical body. it makes little difference if the body dies, our true self lives on.

John 9
9 As he passed by, he saw a man blind from birth. 2 And his disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”
how did this guy commit a sin before his birth?

maybe the thief had nothing left to accomplish here. we know nothing of who this guy was. reincarnation as taught by Essenes was not to work for a rebirth into a life better than the present life, it was about fullfilling accomplishments to be reborn as a son of the Most High in the heavenly realms.
we have no problems believing we live after this life, why is it such a big deal to entertain the idea we lived before this life.
Oh my. There's much misundestanding here jaybird.

1. I'm saying that no Christian sect believes in re-incarnation. Not any legitimate ones, anyway.

2. Lazarus was brought back as Lazarus, not as another person.
Jesus could do whatever HE wanted to do, He's God. However, once a person dies, THAT PERSON, does not come back to THIS world.

3. You're right. Our body dies until the resurrection, but our spirit lives on forever, AS US. It's still ME when I die.

4. John 9
This is why it's good to study the bible with an accredited person.
The Jews of Jesus' time believed that some persons were born incapacitatied, or some women could not have children, due to THEIR PARENTS sins -. and not theirs.
It's not that the person sinned before being born as you believe...
It's that the PARENT sinned and the sin was passed down to the blind person (in this case).
Please read up on this. A person COULD NOT SIN BEFORE they are born.

5. We are not Essenes. Much of what they believed was heresy. We follow the Christ that is represented in the gospels.

6. Paul and the second death.

The first death is physical.
The second death is spiritual --- when we go to the "lake of fire". or Hell, or whatever we want to call it. That is the permanent death.

Actually there are 3 deaths:
Spiritual
Physical
Eternal

Spiritual is when we are not born again. We suffer from Spiritual Death.

Physical is when our body dies physically (but our spirit lives on)

Eternal death is the 2nd death that Paul spoke of. The Lake of Fire or hell - the eternal death from which there is no escape.

Please look all this up if you can't take my word for it.
I believe it would help you a lot to understand that re-incarnation has nothing to do with Christianity.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Oh my. There's much misundestanding here jaybird.

1. I'm saying that no Christian sect believes in re-incarnation. Not any legitimate ones, anyway.
what makes a sect legitmate? a church council? didnt these same councils order crusades, burn women and children alive.

2. Lazarus was brought back as Lazarus, not as another person.
Jesus could do whatever HE wanted to do, He's God. However, once a person dies, THAT PERSON, does not come back to THIS world.
so once a person dies they DO NOT COME BACK yet Lazarus CAME BACK.

This is why it's good to study the bible with an accredited person.
an accredited person is better than the spirit of truth?

4. John 9
The Jews of Jesus' time believed that some persons were born incapacitatied, or some women could not have children, due to THEIR PARENTS sins -. and not theirs.
did they not know their own scripture?
Ezekiel 18:20
20 The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not suffer for the iniquity of the father, nor the father suffer for the iniquity of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.

It's not that the person sinned before being born as you believe...
It's that the PARENT sinned and the sin was passed down to the blind person (in this case).
Please read up on this. A person COULD NOT SIN BEFORE they are born.
according to the John passage the disciples believed the man might have sinned before his birth, thats what it says.

5. We are not Essenes. Much of what they believed was heresy. We follow the Christ that is represented in the gospels.
John the baptist, the greatest prophet ever according to Jesus, was an Essene.
i put more stock in the Essenes, the only Jewish sect expecting a messiah than the rome, the ones that killed the messiah.
yes rome called them heretics, they also called the Nazerenes heretics.

6. Paul and the second death.
The first death is physical.
The second death is spiritual --- when we go to the "lake of fire". or Hell, or whatever we want to call it. That is the permanent death.

Actually there are 3 deaths:
Spiritual
Physical
Eternal

Spiritual is when we are not born again. We suffer from Spiritual Death.

Physical is when our body dies physically (but our spirit lives on)

Eternal death is the 2nd death that Paul spoke of. The Lake of Fire or hell - the eternal death from which there is no escape.

Please look all this up if you can't take my word for it.
so now its three deaths? but when we teach against reincarnation we change it to one death?
I believe it would help you a lot to understand that re-incarnation has nothing to do with Christianity.

i agree it has nothing to do with todays version of Christianity. i think it lines up more with Christianity before rome got involved and started throwing out scriptures and creating doctrines to prevent people from learning the truth

Last edited: