Commitment Over Marriage

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Attention everyone: If you continue acting to be like my mother or father you are going on ignore. One of you is already on ignore. I can always put more of you on ignore as well. Stating your opinions and telling me what to do is not the same thing. You don't even know my full situation as well.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Attention everyone: If you continue acting to be like my mother or father you are going on ignore. One of you is already on ignore. I can always put more of you on ignore as well. Stating your opinions and telling me what to do is not the same thing. You don't even know my full situation as well.
What would you like me to say April?

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So... how am I supposed to state my beliefs that I hold very dear here?

Well,.. maybe something along the line of the fact that you don't agree with it, why you don't agree with it, without the part of me mocking God in there and telling me not to do it when I am not mocking God,.. and that crosses the line of telling me what to do.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I finally decided to bring this up considering the fact that my fiancee and I have slept together several times now, and even though we still do plan on getting married we've been together since high school so I sort of feel like we're married in the heart so I feel like we're married already and a ceremony is just that and a certificate is just a piece of paper. I think that all God means is not to have a one-night stand.

April, you have started a thread like this in an open public Christian site, so you are going to get all kinds of responses, just like the Halloween threads.

As I told you in a pm I disagree about sleeping with one another before marriage, I believe the bed is to be saved for marriage, as one thing leads to another.

There are plenty giving in and having sex before marriage these days, which all probably started with just sleeping in bed together.....

Anyway that's what I have to say....

In saying that, you are your own free person, and you have the freedom to choose.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well,.. maybe something along the line of the fact that you don't agree with it, why you don't agree with it, without the part of me mocking God in there and telling me not to do it when I am not mocking God,.. and that crosses the line of telling me what to do.
But I do STRONGLY believe in God’s covenant of marriage and that not other ways. That belief isn’t because of anything you said and long long predates me “meeting” you.

I acknowledge your right to have your beliefs and your actions.

But am I supposed to not state my beliefs here?

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
April, you have started a thread like this in an open public Christian site, so you are going to get all kinds of responses, just like the Halloween threads.

As I told you in a pm I disagree about sleeping with one another before marriage, I believe the bed is to be saved for marriage, as one thing leads to another.

There are plenty giving in and having sex before marriage these days, which all probably started with just sleeping in bed together.....

Anyway that's what I have to say....

In saying that, you are your own free person, and you have the freedom to choose.

I understand but they don't have to be total jerks about it either. It all has to do with how you say things not what you say.

A little counseling advice would be, stick to "I" and not "you". Like "I believe in...".

Exactly what I just said!

Reactions: Josho and dev553344

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But I do STRONGLY believe in God’s covenant of marriage and that not other ways. That belief isn’t because of anything you said and long long predates me “meeting” you.

So am I supposed to not state my beliefs here?

No, the way you said that was much better since you were talking about yourself and not me.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, the way you said that was much better since you were talking about yourself and not me.
Here, let’s start over.

I believe that marriage is a covenant between man, woman, and God. It predates mortal governments and will out last then too. Though of course there is a legal component to things nowadays (its an involved world).

How about you April?

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here, let’s start over.

I believe that marriage is a covenant between man, woman, and God. It predates mortal governments and will out last then too. Though of course there is a legal component to things nowadays (its an involved world).

How about you April?

Read my OP but thank you,.. that's MUCH better. :D (Everybody else if you follow her example there will be no issues here. :) )

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@April_Rose ... I remember your circumstances and i myself find your actions to be very admirable, loving, patient and beautiful...
Stand by your man through better or worse... You've stood by him through the worse and i hope the best is to come

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@April_Rose ... I remember your circumstances and i myself find your actions to be very admirable, loving, patient and beautiful...
Stand by your man through better or worse... You've stood by him through the worse and i hope the best is to come

Yes but please don't tell them though,.. it's none of their business if I don't want to tell them. I only tell people I trust like you. :)

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read my OP but thank you,.. that's MUCH better. :D (Everybody else if you follow her example there will be no issues her. :) )
Do you believe God has a part in marriage?

Or that it’s just a meaninglessness product of human governments?

Or something else?

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe God has a part in marriage?

Or that it’s just a meaninglessness product of human governments?

Or something else?

Like I said I already answered that in the OP. Reread it.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like I said I already answered that in the OP. Reread it.
That doesn't seem to directly answer my question.

I stood with a man and with God, and made a covenant for all to see. That's called marriage.
Me just thinking "I really like you and I'm committed to you" was not a covenant with God. It wasn't marriage. It was an important pre-curser step, but not yet bloomed into that jewel God meant for me (and others too).

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That doesn't seem to directly answer my question.

I stood with a man and with God, and made a covenant for all to see. That's called marriage.
Me just thinking "I really like you and I'm committed to you" was not a covenant with God. It wasn't marriage. It was an important pre-curser step, but not yet bloomed into that jewel God meant for me (and others too).

I don't think I'm going to make anymore comments for now because so far there isn't anything else to say that I haven't already said.