COMMON SENSE

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It matters because if you are going to be careless and inaccurate in obvious things like that, how many other things are you saying don't really matter if they are right or wrong?

So if I hit the wrong key and don't notice it nothing I say is worth while, right?

Get a life.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
You are right. Just as the religion of he Jews changed over time the gospel for today has changed over time also. Neither one has retained the truth of the original.

2 Cor 11:3
3 But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
NKJV
you will still be judged for your works, not for your beliefs HR,
2 Corinthians 5:10
but you can keep ignoring that for now if you like
keep dodging HR, the v isn't going anywhere ok

i mean why not just say "I'm deceived, and i know i'm deceived, and you cannot make me change my mind?" already

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One thing I find missing in religions is common sense.

God gave Moses the law of 10 commandment and Moses took them to the Jewish people. They set up a religion that had men as priests. It didn’t take long for the law to become 630 laws. Fast forward and we see that the men in charge who knew the law which stated that killing someone is a sin. But they had Jesus killed. So we see, with common sense, that those in charge were not men of God.

Fast forward to today’s RCC “”AND THE OTHERS OF RELIGION ”” and we can see the same results. The religious leaders committed the sin of murder when they burned people at the stake. Somehow I can’t see Paul having people burned at a stake for not believing his gospel.

Mankind thinks that God has gone away and left people in the hands of men that can be deceived. I don’t think so. He gave us a better way and it is described in the Bible book Hebrews.

I can settle, for myself, where we got the Bible by saying this. God gave us the Bible. Yes men wrote it but God was in control of it. Have you not read in the Bible that God used a pagan king to chastise Israel when they left Him and started worshipping idols. He also used a pagan king to get the Temple rebuilt. And He used some to put together the writings of men of God.

So the fact is, God used some people to put the Bible together, but it was still the work of God that gave us the Bible. Man wishes to give man the glory for it but we can see that many of the things prophesied in the O.T. came true and it was given to them by God.

Churches do not tell people that Jesus atoned (paid) for all their sins on the cross. Paid for, not just available. It was all finished on the cross. Mankind does not have to finish it by works of the flesh in religions. What they do have to do is believe it, have faith in it, trust in it, have confidence in His shed blood that paid for sins of the flesh.

When a person stands before God and states all the things they did in religion to get them into heaven He will ask "what did they do about the work of God (Jesus) on the cross." Did they trust in His work or in their work in a religion.

As for me my salvation is not in man’s religion. It is in my trust in God, not in men. I am in His care, not in the care of men.
Sorry, the popular but incomplete "what did they do about the work of God on the Cross" idea is not the whole truth. What we will be asked by God is, "You talked the talk, but did you walk the walk - did you keep My laws?" (James 2:10)

Of course, since no one can keep His laws without Jesus in their heart, that makes the Cross and the salvation it brings and our duty to both obey and preach the Gospel to the whole world, to be all bound up in God's great Standard of judgment that James speaks of: the Ten Commandments.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I pick up my/His cross daily. All I have posted about is the cross. I daily keep my faith, trust, belief in what Jesus did on the cross and just as the religious have always done I am criticized for doing it.

All I hear about on this forum is prideful people who think their works are the same as Jesus' work on the cross.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
All I hear about on this forum is prideful people who think their works are the same as Jesus' work on the cross.
you get to choose what you hear HR, you can hear that if you like, but wadr Quoting 2 Corinthians 5:10 does not necessarily = "prideful people who think their works are the same as Jesus' work on the cross," no matter how many times you say that, ok.
We, "all," will not be judged for Jesus' work on the cross, after all,
and you cannot quote me evincing any pride in my works either now, can you

so you are just avoiding the subject wadr; all will be judged for their works

Last edited: