Comparing KJV With ESV

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

strobe

May 11, 2020
Gateshead
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It is a prophecy, but it was also a completed work in history. It is both. He created the man, then created the woman from the man, as part of the six days of creation. The seventh day when He rested prophetically foreshadows the millennium.

But again, while I mean no offense, you are rewriting the narrative when you insert into the text that mankind was in existence before Adam and Eve, based on the premise that we must "read between the lines." What do you have to go on for this? Jewish tradition for nearly the last six thousand years now says the man and the woman in Genesis 1:27 were Adam and Eve in Genesis 4.
So are we in the image of God yet or not? I say no.
Where did Cain get his wife from? Why was he afraid of being killed when sent away? For whom did he build a city?
When was the plough invented according to mainstream science?

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It is a prophecy, but it was also a completed work in history. It is both. He created the man, then created the woman from the man, as part of the six days of creation. The seventh day when He rested prophetically foreshadows the millennium.

But again, while I mean no offense, you are rewriting the narrative when you insert into the text that mankind was in existence before Adam and Eve, based on the premise that we must "read between the lines." What do you have to go on for this? Jewish tradition for nearly the last six thousand years now says the man and the woman in Genesis 1:27 were Adam and Eve in Genesis 4.
If I may interject a day in Hebrew H3117 yome means a period of time, anything from a few hours to everlasting.

From an unused root meaning to be hot; a day (as the warm hours), whether literally (from sunrise to sunset, or from one sunset to the next), or figuratively (a space of time defined by an associated term), (often used adverbially): - age, + always, + chronicles, continually (-ance), daily, ([birth-], each, to) day, (now a, two) days (agone), + elder, X end, + evening, + (for) ever (-lasting, -more), X full, life, as (so) long as (. . . live), (even) now, + old, + outlived, + perpetually, presently, + remaineth, X required, season, X since, space, then, (process of) time, + as at other times, + in trouble, weather, (as) when, (a, the, within a) while (that), X whole (+ age), (full) year (-ly), + younger.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The creation account appears to be a continuous series of events, until we realise there was a long gap between the first humans. As you can see they were giving in marriage, building a city wall, making tents, early men were cave dwellers, they were playing musical instruments, working in brass and iron which requires fire. This describes the Bronze Age.

And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden. And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch. And unto Enoch was born Irad: and Irad begat Mehujael: and Mehujael begat Methusael: and Methusael begat Lamech. And Lamech took unto him two wives: the name of the one was Adah, and the name of the other Zillah. And Adah bare Jabal: he was the father of such as dwell in tents, and of such as have cattle. And his brother's name was Jubal: he was the father of all such as handle the harp and organ. And Zillah, she also bare Tubalcain, an instructer of every artificer in brass and iron: and the sister of Tubalcain was Naamah. And Lamech said unto his wives, Adah and Zillah, Hear my voice; ye wives of Lamech, hearken unto my speech: for I have slain a man to my wounding, and a young man to my hurt. If Cain shall be avenged sevenfold, truly Lamech seventy and sevenfold. And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew. And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the LORD.
(Genesis 4:16-26 KJV)

This is only if you accept an Evolutionist interpretation of human history, Cooper. The orthodox Judeo-Christian worldviews don't buy into that, and neither do I.
Basically, it was ignorance.

That's what I thought. :)
Why put a tree of knowledge in the garden and tell them not to eat its fruit? Does God not want us to know good and evil? In order to be in His image we must have that knowledge.

You see, gentlemen, you are espousing a Gnostic interpretation of the Genesis account (and Strobe, I know who you are). The trouble with all this is that it proclaims those who teach orthodoxy to be little more than "ignorant," and ultimately turns Christianity into a religion of occult theology and, in worst case scenarios occult practice. I'm not a big fan of people using rainsticks, or others practicing astral projection, yet referring to themselves as "Christians." This is rewriting Christianity into an entirely different religion, one I am not in favor of in the least, because it gives the religion over into the hands of demonic spirits, and turns it from Light over into Darkness.

Hence the discussion we are having. And keep in mind, I'm not hateful towards occultists. I've had friends before who were Satanists. But I wouldn't be wild about them defining themselves as "Christians" on this forum, and potentially deceiving people into thinking that what they teach and practice is "Christianity."

strobe

May 11, 2020
Gateshead
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You make God then to be the Author and Originator of sin. I won't do that. That God wanted Man to sin and lied to Adam, and all the rest of us ever since.

God is not a man that he should lie.

Much love!
Isaiah 45:7

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This is only if you accept an Evolutionist interpretation of human history, Cooper. The orthodox Judeo-Christian worldviews don't buy into that, and neither do I.
You ought to know early humans did not work in iron and bronze, build walled cities and farm the land.

Nor does it describe evolution. It describes the development of human knowledge from wearing fig leaves, to making tents, building walled cities, and now to flying aeroplanes. No human evolution there.

Last edited:
Reactions: strobe

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You ought to know early humans did not work in iron and bronze, build walled cities and farm the land.
You are correct, the first humans lived in a garden and ate fruit.

Much love!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes, but I would make the distinction that they did so with their pinkies turned up. It was never like this:

Young-neaderthal.jpg

Reminds me of a Calvin and Hobbes cartoon.

1619464755965-png.484210

Reactions: marks and Cooper

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, but I would make the distinction that they did so with their pinkies turned up.

Adam and Eve in the garden . . . that's what I was referring to. I think it was Cain built the first city, wasn't it?

Much love!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adam and Eve in the garden . . . that's what I was referring to. I think it was Cain built the first city, wasn't it?

Much love!

Yes, which might tell us something about cities, Lol.

I do appreciate running water though... and electricity; gotta have electricity.

strobe

May 11, 2020
Gateshead
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, which might tell us something about cities, Lol.

I do appreciate running water though... and electricity; gotta have electricity.
How long are you going to keep me in suspense? I want to know who I am, if you don't tell me I will assume you must have spoken falsely. I will forgive you though if you admit it.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How long are you going to keep me in suspense? I want to know who I am, if you don't tell me I will assume you must have spoken falsely. I will forgive you though if you admit it.

Alright, then let's just say I suspect I do. But not a big deal. I wasn't into getting you in trouble by stating it outright.

strobe

May 11, 2020
Gateshead
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Alright, then let's just say I suspect I do. But not a big deal. I wasn't into getting you in trouble by stating it outright.
But you haven't got the guts to state it outright? What trouble do you think I will get into? Have the courage of your convictions and speak or have you been spending too much time with your satanist friends?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you haven't got the guts to state it outright? What trouble do you think I will get into? Have the courage of your convictions and speak or have you been spending too much time with your satanist friends?

LoL. You seem to being getting a little uptight. :)

I swear, I've gotten more laughs out of this thread than I was expecting, LoL. :p

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bye bye, you're now set to ignore, I have wasted far too much time on you already.

Well no offense taken. But I'm sure you know you would have been wasting your time on me anyway. I'm not too inclined to think God actually wanted us sinning by eating of the tree in order to be like Him. Very inconsistent theology that only makes sense if your "God" is a sinner.

But we weren't discussing theology anymore anyway, so no hard feelings. Take care.

strobe

May 11, 2020
Gateshead
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Much love!
Love to you too.
Perhaps you will give me an answer. Why was Cain afraid of people he would meet when sent away, who did he marry and for whom did he build a city?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Love to you too.
Perhaps you will give me an answer. Why was Cain afraid of people he would meet when sent away, who did he marry and for whom did he build a city?
I'll answer your question if you will answer me this question . . . did Adam and Eve have other children?

Much love!