Comparing KJV With ESV

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This thread is about comparing KJV with the ESV to see how changing certain words can change a message that can support false teachings.

A link will be provided to Bible Gateway to compare the scriptural reference together.

First off is Luke 17:26-37 Luke 17:26-37 KJV;ESV - And as it was in the days of Noe, so - Bible Gateway

This is important because the KJV has the message of the saints being taken to escape the coming destruction, whereas there is a false teaching that it is the bad guys being taken in the ESV because of the changed message of switching body with corpse & eagles with vultures.

That teaching is inconsistent with the message regarding Lot's wife that did not want to leave.

This does not mean everyone using the ESV or other modern Bibles that has it as "corpse" & "vultures" believes that false teaching, but if you do come across someone that does, do point out the verses 31-33 about Lot's wife to show how that is inconsistent with the message in context.

It is true that some will convey the KJV says the same thing in regards to that false teaching only because they carry over that reading of corpse and vultures to read the KJV in that way.

The body is the church for how & why the eagles are the abiding saints that will be gathered together with hospitality to entertain; hence the Marriage Supper of the Lamb & Bridegroom.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Second off for comparison between the KJV & ESV is Romans 8:26-27 with John 16:13

Romans 8:26-27;John 16:13 KJV;ESV - Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our - Bible Gateway

The message in Romans 8:26-27 in the KJV aligns with the message in John 16:13 in that not even His groanings can be uttered. This is why "itself" was used to testify of the indirect means of how the silent intercessions of the Holy Spirit are known to the Father & that is by the Son knowing the mind of the Spirit in verse 27 as Jesus is that "he" that searches our hearts per Hebrews 4:12-16.

The message of Romans 8:26-27 in the ESV does not align with the message in John 16:13 when ESV testifies that He does utter out loud His groanings which are too deep for words. Not only that message has been changed, but in verse 27, a grammatical error has been committed by switching out the "he" with "the Spirit" at the end of that verse as making those intercessions according to the will of God. How can the "he" that is separate from us in searching our hearts and separate from the Spirit to know the mind of, end in that verse with "the Spirit" instead?

This is important because of the false teaching that the Holy Spirit can use God's gift of tongues which is for speaking unto the people, and turn it around for His own use like uttering His intercessions out loud in gibberish nonsense for why many believe tongues can also be for private use.

The ESV in John 16:13 says He cannot speak by His own authority but speak only wat He hears and so how can He utter His intercessions out loud?

The KJV in Romans 8:26-27 is for all believers for us to know how the Father knows everything before we even ask in prayer.

Matthew 6:7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. 8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him. KJV

Matthew 6:7 “And when you pray, do not heap up empty phrases as the Gentiles do, for they think that they will be heard for their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him. ESV

The irony here is that ESV does seem to imply "empty" phrases as words that have no meaning. There is no need for tongues to be for private use.

That tongue for private use has been gained by that apostate calling of seeking another baptism with the Holy Ghost with evidence of tongues.

It is better for us to pray normally so we know what we had prayed for so when we do get an answer to prayer, we can give the Father's thanks in Jesus's name which is the will of God for us to do any way.

1 Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing. 18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. KJV

1 Thessalonians 5:17 pray without ceasing, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. ESV

It is true that some will read Romans 8:26-27 in the KJV as the same as the ESV, but it is only because they are reading that false belief into it.

Some will say that neither one testifies to using tongues for private use, even though KJV testifies that His groanings cannot be uttered and yet the ESV says He can utter His groanings too deep for words for why many believes the Holy Spirit is praying out loud in tongues for private use.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Third off for comparison of the KJV with the ESV is this reference of 1 Corinthians 1:17-21 at the link below;

1 Corinthians 1:17-21 KJV;ESV - For Christ sent me not to baptize, but - Bible Gateway

As you may know, there are many believers that associate water baptism as a means to obtain salvation. Some even go beyond that to other works to obtain salvation by like, being a member of a specific church and doing the sacraments where one of the sacraments is water baptism also. This false teaching of "we are not saved yet but in the process of being saved" is why some will refer to the ESV in pulling it out of context to apply to that false belief.

In context of both the KJV & ESV, Paul is deferring from water baptism to preaching the gospel thus voiding the necessity of water baptism for salvation. Paul's emphasis on how we are saved after we had believed in the preaching of the cross in the KJV cannot be missed but in the ESV, in verse 18, it can.

Many will try to show off their intellectual knowledge & grammar and say the ESV is correct but it cannot be because they refer what Paul is saying to new believers hearing the preaching of the cross for why they insist it is "are being saved" but Paul was referring to himself and others as saved for having believed the preaching of the cross. Paul is not saying he is being saved, therefore it is past tense as "are saved".

This is how a changed message can support false doctrines when taking out of context. Many refuse to concede that "are saved" is the right message for having believed the preaching of the cross.

Not every one believes that they are not saved yet, but that they are saved, even though they believe "are being saved" is correct in the ESV.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fourth up for comparison of the KJV with the ESV is this reference in 1 Corinthians 3:10-17 in the link below;

1 Corinthians 3:10-17 KJV;ESV - According to the grace of God which is - Bible Gateway

This is about what a believer does in building on that foundation which can never be removed which was laid by Jesus Christ.

The difference here is in verse 17 where instead of " If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy;" in the KJV, we have " If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him. " in the ESV.

If you read verses 16-17 in context, temple is our bodies, as in us. So the message is about defiling the temple rather than destroying the temple.

If we defile the temple, God will destroy our bodies with physical death. This is not a loss of salvation because that foundation remains but the consequence for what we build on that foundation with any iniquity is severe for why many believers will not be ready & get left behind.

We are not destroying our bodies for why God would destroy it again as the ESV testifies and so the message becomes confusing.

Do note verse 15 that the body that perishes; the spirit is saved. Do note verse 13 that this day of "Bema Judgment" is coming.

Some believers apply that reference to mean regarding what a believer does in building the church, but no, the consequence is more personal. It is not about a building where the church holds fellowship in but rather how we abide in Him or not in fellowship with God thru the Lord Jesus Christ. It is our physical bodies that are at risk of being left behind to die for not being found abiding in Him.

Read the warning to the church at Thyatira at this link in both the KJV & ESV. Note the comparison between the 2 in verses 21-23

Revelation 2:18-25 KJV;ESV - And unto the angel of the church in - Bible Gateway

But even though left behind to die, their spirits will be with the Lord per 1 Corinthians 3:15.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fifth up for comparison of the KJV with the ESV is in 1 Peter 4:17-19 in the link below.

1 Peter 4:17-19 KJV;ESV - For the time is come that judgment must - Bible Gateway

Both testify to God judging His House first in verse 17.

But the message is changed between the KJV & the ESV in verse 19.

Verse 19 in the KJV testifies to Christ in being our faithful Creator in doing a good job in keeping our souls while saints suffer.

Verse 19 in the ESV testifies to believers entrusting their souls to Him while the saints are doing good.

It is the keeping of their souls that is the message for why it is about Him doing good while saints suffer.

I can apply that to mean He is faithful in keeping the souls of the saints that get judged to be left behind to face that fire coming on the earth & the coming great tribulation as a result.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sixth up for comparison of the KJV with the ESV is in Matthew 7:13-14 can be shown below:

Matthew 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. KJV

Matthew 7:13 “Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. 14 For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few. ESV

If you are reading ESV to mean living the Christian life is hard, then that message is inconsistent with Matthew 11:28-30 below.

Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. KJV

Matthew 11:28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” ESV

The real message in Matthew 7:13-14 is that Jesus is the only way to come to God the Father by ( John 14:6 ) but in the latter days, false prophet will broaden the way in coming to God by & they did that by including the worship of the Holy Spirit with the Father & the Son ( John 10:1 ).

This is why many churches are experiencing an extra supernatural phenomenon that visits them which inspires their focus to call upon the Holy Spirit to come & fall on them again for why they lose self control and fall.

Think of it as cause and effect; as why in spite of all those claims of prophesying in His name, casting out devils in His name, and doing wonderful works in His name, He deny them because they were workers of iniquity ( Matthew 7:21-23 ) as that iniquity of denying Him as the only way to God the Father is why He is denying them. This is why God permit them that strong delusion in believing the lie that they can receive the Holy Spirit again for why you see believers falling in those movements of the "spirit" as if God is the AUTHOR OF CONFUSION. They fall also in seeking that other baptism with the Holy Ghost with evidence of tongues.

There is such a thing as a Charismatic Catholic Church using tongues for private use and no one wonders why the Holy Spirit has not corrected them yet for all of that manifestations? I point to the fruit of the false prophet which is gathering grapes of thorns and figs of thistles. Matthew 7:15-16

Matthew 7:13-27 KJV;ESV - Enter ye in at the strait gate: for - Bible Gateway

The real indwelling holy Spirit has been in us since salvation, & still pointing us to go to the Bridegroom in relating to God the Father by, even in worship, so that the spirit of the antichrist does not come and take their eyes off of the Son to chasing after seducing spirits for a sign.

So the way to life is not hard as the ESV says
but recognizing why in the latter days, believers are not heeding His words per Matthew 7:24-27 because of John 14:6 in the only way to come to God the Father by in worship & the only way to honor the Father is by only honoring the Son because the moment they are not honoring the Son, they are not honoring the Father. John 5:23 That is how they become workers of iniquity for why Jesus says to strive ye to enter thru that straight ate for how bad it will be in the churches in these latter days.

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This thread is about comparing KJV with the ESV to see how changing certain words can change a message that can support false teachings.
The ESV is no different that any of the corrupt modern bible versions since 1881. they all love to call themselves "standard versions" when they definitely are not.

Reactions: Christ4Me

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The ESV is no different that any of the corrupt modern bible versions since 1881. they all love to call themselves "standard versions" when they definitely are not.

Still, it takes the Lord's help to compare and discern the difference for why it is difficult to correct all false teachings in modern Bibles where by the sole reason why I rely on the KJV for the meat of His words.

Of course, there can be those in error claiming to rely only on the KJV, but when I correct them in that KJV, they go to another modern bible or Bible NET to support their false teachings and false beliefs.

I can only hope God is peradventuring here in showing the truth in His words as kept in the KJV so they can see the truth in the modern Bibles they are using that exposes that wrong message in that modern Bible which is inconsistent with the truths as kept elsewhere in that modern Bible.

strobe

May 11, 2020
Gateshead
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Still, it takes the Lord's help to compare and discern the difference for why it is difficult to correct all false teachings in modern Bibles where by the sole reason why I rely on the KJV for the meat of His words.

Of course, there can be those in error claiming to rely only on the KJV, but when I correct them in that KJV, they go to another modern bible or Bible NET to support their false teachings and false beliefs.

I can only hope God is peradventuring here in showing the truth in His words as kept in the KJV so they can see the truth in the modern Bibles they are using that exposes that wrong message in that modern Bible which is inconsistent with the truths as kept elsewhere in that modern Bible.
How about comparing Genesis 1:26-27 in the KJV and ESV? It seems reasonable to consider the very first chapter of the Bible after all. Can anyone explain the difference?

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How about comparing Genesis 1:26-27 in the KJV and ESV? It seems reasonable to consider the very first chapter of the Bible after all. Can anyone explain the difference?

Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. KJV

Genesis 1:26 Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

27 So God created man in his own image,
in the image of God he created him;
male and female he created them. ESV

Other than the words in bold for how it is seen as different between the two, the message is the same.

Thank you for sharing.

strobe

May 11, 2020
Gateshead
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. KJV

Genesis 1:26 Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

27 So God created man in his own image,
in the image of God he created him;
male and female he created them. ESV

Other than the words in bold for how it is seen as different between the two, the message is the same.

Thank you for sharing.
You've missed the main difference though. Was this intentional? The KJV omits a key that may unlock an important door. Can you not see it?

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You've missed the main difference though. Was this intentional? The KJV omits a key that may unlock an important door. Can you not see it?

At least I had helped by boldening the words in showing the difference, but to me the message is the same. Where is your help?

The Lord would have us share our talents that He has given us with others by His grace & by His help.

strobe

May 11, 2020
Gateshead
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
At least I had helped by boldening the words in showing the difference, but to me the message is the same. Where is your help?
I'm talking about the poetic nature of 1:27. The ESV shows this with the formatting of the script, the KJV doesn't include any reference to this. Why not, isn't it important?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

A link will be provided to Bible Gateway to compare the scriptural reference together.

First off is Luke 17:26-37 Luke 17:26-37 KJV;ESV - And as it was in the days of Noe, so - Bible Gateway

This is important because the KJV has the message of the saints being taken to escape the coming destruction, whereas there is a false teaching that it is the bad guys being taken in the ESV because of the changed message of switching body with corpse & eagles with vultures.

That teaching is inconsistent with the message regarding Lot's wife that did not want to leave.

This does not mean everyone using the ESV or other modern Bibles that has it as "corpse" & "vultures" believes that false teaching, but if you do come across someone that does, do point out the verses 31-33 about Lot's wife to show how that is inconsistent with the message in context.

It is true that some will convey the KJV says the same thing in regards to that false teaching only because they carry over that reading of corpse and vultures to read the KJV in that way.

The body is the church for how & why the eagles are the abiding saints that will be gathered together with hospitality to entertain; hence the Marriage Supper of the Lamb & Bridegroom.
@Christ4Me I think also it relates to a textual variant in Revelation 8.13: 'angel' versus 'eagle'.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'm talking about the poetic nature of 1:27. The ESV shows this with the formatting of the script, the KJV doesn't include any reference to this. Why not, isn't it important?

How does the formatting and the poetic nature in verse 27 unlock an important door for you? If it does, what is that important door or revelation that you seem to imply the Lord helped you to see?

strobe

May 11, 2020
Gateshead
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
How does the formatting and the poetic nature in verse 27 unlock an important door for you? If it does, what is that important door or revelation that you seem to imply the Lord helped you to see?
That's what I'm asking you. You're the one claiming (if I am not mistaken) that the KJV is the perfect or best translation and all others are corrupt. That being the case, the fact that 1:27 is poetic must not be relevant.
As a matter of fact I think it is highly relevant. Are we created in the image of God? I say we are not as God's creation is not yet complete and His whole plan is to make man in His image. Genesis 1 is a prophesy of six thousand year 'days'. When Jesus returns to claim His kingdom at the end of the sixth day, then His Sabbatical reign will start and we can join Him in His rest for 1000 years.

Last edited: