confession and repentance

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@stunnedbygrace
Maybe this will clear off the cobwebs. Not saying you have any, the word imputed in the scriptures.

Imputed righteousness is a CONCEPT in christian theology PROPOSING that the " righteousness of Christ ........is imputed to believers---- that is,TREATED AS IF IT WERE THEIRS THROUGH FAITH. "
It is on the basis of Jesus's righteousness that God accepts humans.
Also known as justification.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@stunnedbygrace
Maybe this will clear off the cobwebs. Not saying you have any, the word imputed in the scriptures.

Imputed righteousness is a CONCEPT in christian theology PROPOSING that the " righteousness of Christ ........is imputed to believers---- that is,TREATED AS IF IT WERE THEIRS THROUGH FAITH. "
It is on the basis of Jesus's righteousness that God accepts humans.
Also known as justification.

Okay, thanks for that. I still don’t see that in the Bible though.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
she hungers and thirsts for true righteousness in her inner man. She hungers to actually BE like her Lord, so she picks up her cross and follows.

What you are trying to describe is what Paul teaches as.....>"As many as be perfect".
And Cross Carrying, does not create you to be righteous, inwardly, it only proves you are very dedicated to God to the point of utter self denial.
God said that "obedience is better than SACRIFICE"....

To have the righteousness, inwardly, in the inner man is generated by resting in God's Grace.
The more you rest in God's Grace, the more righteousness consciousness you gain., and that is the spiritual path to "as many as be PERFECT".

Reactions: marks

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sister, some ppl make a mountain out of a mole hill when in fact it's just a mole hill.

Everyone of us will stand INDIVIDUALLY before God with Christ and he will tell the Father. Yes,she is mine.

Those whom DO NOT APPLY the word of God into their hearts and life are walking on thin ice.

We must be led of the Spirit so he may bear his FRUIT. We must also be obedient to his work in the church that others may know the truth.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And Cross Carrying, does not create you to be righteous, inwardly, it only proves you are very dedicated to God to the point of utter self denial.

When the outer man is crucified, there is no one to oppose God or fight against the Spirit in him. When the outer man is crucified, Gods Spirit is then unopposed and the man has lost his life to gain HIS life.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NO but the word is full of the doctrine of God !

We ARE in the age where ppl want it easy and told things they want to hear. Therefore JUSTIFICATION is not preached much. It requires to confess our sins by which the Holy Spirit has convicted us and repent in heart and mind before the cross.

Just as man denies the function of the Holy Spirit in the church today, it will be answered for bc this is willful blindness.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NO but the word is full of the doctrine of God !

We ARE in the age where ppl want it easy and told things they want to hear. Therefore JUSTIFICATION is not preached much. It requires to confess our sins by which the Holy Spirit has convicted us and repent in heart and mind before the cross.

Just as man denies the function of the Holy Spirit in the church today, it will be answered for bc this is willful blindness.

I don’t know. I’m just sighing over and over again. Is it a willful blindness or a taught blindness? The teachers of it will be held more responsible.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When the outer man is crucified, there is no one to oppose God or fight against the Spirit in him. When the outer man is crucified, Gods Spirit is then unopposed and the man has lost his life to gain HIS life.

I'm not sure if you are talking " sinless perfection " or not.
Yes we crucify the flesh at salvation but the ONLY way the old man is eradicated is through death or Christ 2nd coming.

Thus it is imperative we walk in the word as the Spirit leads. Even Paul stated he warred with the flesh.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t know. I’m just sighing over and over again. Is it a willful blindness or a taught blindness? The teachers of it will be held more responsible.

To me it is the same !
We all have God's word to verify scripture against scripture? There will be no such excuse as well I was taught this way. The wages of sin is death individually not by group.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the ONLY way the old man is eradicated is through death

Well that’s what picking up your cross is for, so I don’t agree. I think the flesh can be crucified here. Otherwise, why the heck would you pick up your cross and follow…? The only reason a man picks up a cross is to die on it. It is an instrument of death you know.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said " take up your cross and FOLLOW me"
That is what we are required to do. Death comes by crucify our flesh daily.
1 Cor.15 :31 ( context 29-32 )
I protest in your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I DIE DAILY.

Reactions: amigo de christo

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well that’s what picking up your cross is for, so I don’t agree. I think the flesh can be crucified here. Otherwise, why the heck would you pick up your cross and follow…? The only reason a man picks up a cross is to die on it. It is an instrument of death you know.

This reply indicates to me we are done with this discourse.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does the Bible say is the evidence that both you are in Him, and He is in you?

Much love!
By the SPIRIT which he has given us . And if one has not the SPIRIT they are none of HIS , and if we do
the body is dead because of SIN . No lamb is gonna love and honor sin . FOR the SPIRIT IS WITHIN THEM .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yet even the devils believe and tremble . OH i agree its about believing but do we REALLY BELIEVE .
FOR if we truly did , WE WOULD BELIEVE WHAT HE TAUGHT . Do we really believe that one must confess JESUS by mouth
and believe from the heart to be saved . IF NOT we do not believe . WE just believe in another jesus and another gospel .
Both of which will not and cannot save . I say its time folks get back into those bibles
and make sure they follow CHRIST and not another version of Him .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How often paul warned , IF one comes and brings another gospel , or even if an angel or etc .
Folks there is such a thing as following another jesus . AND I AM TELLIN us IT WONT SAVE US .
Too many are preaching a version of JESUS that contradicts things the JESUS OF THE BIBLE TAUGHT .
AND many are brining in this other gospel known as all inclusive . Teaching things they ought not
creating another image of GOD another version of HIS LOVE which has made the road to salvation VERY and i do mean VERY BROAD .
WE got the sin accepting jesus getting preached , we have the jesus that denies THE JESUS and it teaches
all paths are fine you dont even have to believe and there is no bad eternal damnation . I am telling us
many are getting duped by another gospel and another jesus . We had better learn for ourselves what JESUS we truly LOVE
and FOLLOW and BELIEVE IN . BIBLE ................OPEN and let us embrace and learn the truth .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are baptised into his death . Dead to sin and walk in new life . LIFE . SIN aint life .
The problem with many , AND I AINT saying you , is that they are teaching just cause folks lip his name
and yet even honor sin , they know him . NO , THEY DONT . They just like i once was . LOST and in dire and deadly danger .
Praise GOD for the true life saving and life changing grace that bringeth salvation which teaches us to DENY the flesh .
THUS if i am sitting in church married to another man waving a rainbow flag , BUT can sing praises and do lots of good things
I DONT KNOW HIM . I am praising the GOD that honors MY SIN and allows me to feel saved in MY SIN . THAT AINT GOD
that is SATAN . WE need to get far more serious about correction , and about all things in that bible . The churches
\are in deadly and grave danger and none corrects squat . THEY either agree with it or are too afraid to speak against it .
BUT either way they are destroying their churches with leaven and they aint helping save a soul .

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are baptised into his death . Dead to sin and walk in new life . LIFE . SIN aint life .
The problem with many , AND I AINT saying you , is that they are teaching just cause folks lip his name
and yet even honor sin , they know him . NO , THEY DONT . They just like i once was . LOST and in dire and deadly danger .
Praise GOD for the true life saving and life changing grace that bringeth salvation which teaches us to DENY the flesh .
THUS if i am sitting in church married to another man waving a rainbow flag , BUT can sing praises and do lots of good things
I DONT KNOW HIM . I am praising the GOD that honors MY SIN and allows me to feel saved in MY SIN . THAT AINT GOD
that is SATAN . WE need to get far more serious about correction , and about all things in that bible . The churches
\are in deadly and grave danger and none corrects squat . THEY either agree with it or are too afraid to speak against it .
BUT either way they are destroying their churches with leaven and they aint helping save a soul .

Im not sure speaking against outward sin is the way to go when there’s sin within US that they don’t address at all. The gospel message isn’t about the outside of everyone else’s cup. It’s about the inside of OURS.

Reactions: marks

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Im not sure speaking against outward sin is the way to go when there’s sin within US that they don’t address at all. The gospel message isn’t about the outside of everyone else’s cup. It’s about the inside of OURS.
Then you just rebuked paul , Christ , james , jude , peter . This is why i am telling us to just go back into our bibles .
Frightened men and sold out men have made excuses for years on why we ought to just shut up and not judge .
But i am telling us this is what leavens a church . A little leaven WILL and it has LEAVEND these churches . Cause they wont correct .
ANYONE in any leadership position that will not correct sin in that church NEEDS TO STEP DOWN and go learn the bible
before they even get back up and try and lead much less teach anyone . Todays men can speak like the greatest oraters , YET
they know hardly ANYTHING about JESUS CHRIST , SOUND DOCTRINE . THEY just know how to speak well and how to allure
folks through the flesh .