Confidence

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you @marks and @stunnedbygrace, for the comforting words. He is just teaching me patience the hard way, I guess. Lots of "groaning Prayers" were prayed today. He sent me some comfort, as out of the blue a thunderstorm appeared followed by a full rainbow.... Can't have a rainbow without the storm first.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
DavidH
May the Lord lift you higher than ever before when you walk away from what the enemy would love to destroy you with.

He never fails and always stands by his word.

His promises are rich to us and he desires only good for his children.

Be strengthened in the Spirit and may your joy and peace run over your cup and spill upon others!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you @marks and @stunnedbygrace, for the comforting words. He is just teaching me patience the hard way, I guess. Lots of "groaning Prayers" were prayed today. He sent me some comfort, as out of the blue a thunderstorm appeared followed by a full rainbow.... Can't have a rainbow without the storm first.

I don't know that this kind of training can come in any other way.

I've watched God silence my flesh, freeing me completely, for long enough to be certain, then I've watched as He allowed it back in, returning me to my state. I ask why does He work this way? Why did He not leave me that way? And I've conclude this way must be better. I think that as we push through the struggles, we participate in our growth, and this is the difference.

It's nice when God gives you a thing of beauty to hold on to in these times! A reminder of His promise!

Much love!

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know that this kind of training can come in any other way.

I've watched God silence my flesh, freeing me completely, for long enough to be certain, then I've watched as He allowed it back in, returning me to my state. I ask why does He work this way? Why did He not leave me that way? And I've conclude this way must be better. I think that as we push through the struggles, we participate in our growth, and this is the difference.

It's nice when God gives you a thing of beauty to hold on to in these times! A reminder of His promise!

Much love!

Amen marks, A reminder of His Promise. I Have my plans for my life, He has His will for my life, sometimes the two agree, sometimes they do not, and he has to nudge me in his direction, It just hurts sometimes when your hopes and plans fail. But I have to rest on the fact that he knows what is best for me. I Will wallow in the wilderness longer if need be and keep my eyes focused on the prize in heaven and not on earthly things.

Reactions: marks and L.A.M.B.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen marks, A reminder of His Promise. I Have my plans for my life, He has His will for my life, sometimes the two agree, sometimes they do not, and he has to nudge me in his direction, It just hurts sometimes when your hopes and plans fail. But I have to rest on the fact that he knows what is best for me. I Will wallow in the wilderness longer if need be and keep my eyes focused on the prize in heaven and not on earthly things.

At least you are not in the desert waiting and hoping to enter in all by yourself. I am there with you. We are there with you.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At least you are not in the desert waiting and hoping to enter in all by yourself. I am there with you. We are there with you.

You made me think of "Escape from Christendom" when you said that, particularly the part called the Harvest. If you have time this is a great read that takes about 15 to 20 minutes and will explain where we are on this journey. Enjoy, and be blessed.

Escape from Christendom (awildernessvoice.com)

I Have often posted the part on the two revivals before cannot remember if I did so here or not in the past.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It just hurts sometimes when your hopes and plans fail.
That's true, but it's a part of letting go. May we come to truly believe and accept His ways are for our good, that He loves us through and through, and nothing is by chance or accident. That even these seeming disappointments are God's great gift of love.

He already came and died for you, He's not holding anything back. I really think He's working in us as best He can considering the stuff we are. But He remembers He made us from dust, so he's careful. And maybe that's why He moves slowly sometimes. I know that when He did big works of repair in me, it was terribly terribly difficult.

And as you keep yourself set towards knowing God, you may find that oasis in the middle of the desert, that secret place of intimacy with God that was only accessible through the heartache.

Praying for you!

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I know Lauren Daigle took some heat for going on Ellen Degeneris in the past but this song touched me today and encouraged me.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
DavidH
May the Lord lift you higher than ever before when you walk away from what the enemy would love to destroy you with.

He never fails and always stands by his word.

His promises are rich to us and he desires only good for his children.

Be strengthened in the Spirit and may your joy and peace run over your cup and spill upon others!
@L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d Reminds me of Isaiah 30.15:

"For thus saith the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel; In returning and rest shall ye be saved; in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength".

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

sj385

Jul 24, 2022
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ive seen a lot of people that thought it was all about what they want, but in reality its about what God wants. We have to have trust in His plans over our own. This is a good thread, a good reminder.

Reactions: marks and David H.