Consented to our salvation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
what authority do you have to declare what is biblical and what is not biblical
No person or individual, no group or committee has the authority to demand of others that they submit to their authority. I may volunteer to surrender to your authority, but that is as far as it goes.
KJV Matthew 20:25-28
25 But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them.
26 But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister;
27 And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant:
28 Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

One is not exercising authority at all when he says, this is biblical, this is not biblical. The Bible itself is the authority. Not the one who reads it.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The answer is simple, opened the Bible and read it, which I have done for 60 years.
Still have no authority to make doctrine
Or to say what is and what is not biblical
Doctrine must be revealed and we must be taught
Lk 1:4 eph 4:5 Jude 1:3 matt 28:19

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No person or individual, no group or committee has the authority to demand of others that they submit to their authority. I may volunteer to surrender to your authority, but that is as far as it goes.
25 But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them.
26 But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister;
28 Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

One is not exercising authority at all when he says, this is biblical, this is not biblical. The Bible itself is the authority. Not the one who reads it.

the only authority is christ and his church Matt 28:18-20

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible is our doctrine and is given by God, no denomination. We learned by study, discussion and the Holy Spirit.

Church has two meanings, a local congregation, and the full membership of the living and dead born-again from the time of the cross until the rapture. The first is physical and the second is spiritual.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The answer is simple, opened the Bible and read it, which I have done for 60 years.

Where does the Bible tell you this?

you can read but you cannot make your own doctrine!

acts 8:31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

He has the scripture?

we must be taught by Christ thru his apostles in holy mother church Matt 28:19

tell me how do you know what is and what is not the Bible?

how does the eunuch know about baptism? Philip preached Jesus

why does he want to be baptized?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only authority the church has, any church, is that which I am willing to submit to. I refuse to submit to a church authority that doesn't submit to Christ.

There is only one true church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors is the new covenant body of Christ! Matt 16:18 One fold
Jn 10:16 the household of faith! Gal 6:10

1 Timothy 3:15
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

Christ and His church are one: acts 9:4 why persecute me?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
what planet are you from?

Matthew 7:29
For he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.
I wasn't talking about teaching authority. I was talking about his battle with Satan with the wilderness.
There is only one true church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors is the new covenant body of Christ! Matt 16:18 One fold
Jn 10:16 the household of faith! Gal 6:10

1 Timothy 3:15
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

Christ and His church are one: acts 9:4 why persecute me?
Catholics refuse once saved always saved. I happen to agree with them. So ironic that they can so easily distort their own history and pretend that despite all the evils their church plummeted into, like spiritual adultery in serving the state instead of Christ and murdering those who disagreed with her, Catholics today still claim she never fell.
Even today, with the current Pope and his coterie of Jesuit well wishers in the Vatican working tirelessly to establish a global Catholic led government, and willing to use and manipulate politicians and national governments to accomplish it, people still think the Catholic Church actually has people's best interests at heart. Some even still think she is serving the true Christ. Like I said earlier...

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wasn't talking about teaching authority. I was talking about his battle with Satan with the wilderness.

Catholics refuse once saved always saved. I happen to agree with them. So ironic that they can so easily distort their own history and pretend that despite all the evils their church plummeted into, like spiritual adultery in serving the state instead of Christ and murdering those who disagreed with her, Catholics today still claim she never fell.
Even today, with the current Pope and his coterie of Jesuit well wishers in the Vatican working tirelessly to establish a global Catholic led government, and willing to use and manipulate politicians and national governments to accomplish it, people still think the Catholic Church actually has people's best interests at heart. Some even still think she is serving the true Christ. Like I said earlier...

The great apostasy began in the late fifties since then nothing is for certain
Especially concerning the Vatican and now Francis
Prophecy of la sallette
Rome will lose the faith

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The great apostasy began in the late fifties since then nothing is for certain
Especially concerning the Vatican and now Francis
Prophecy of la sallette
Rome will lose the faith
The Great apostasy began in the 3rd century when the bishops of Rome sought favors of Caesar and the baubles and honors of secular office.

Reactions: CoreIssue

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
no evidence as usual
Sorry. 4th century. When Constantine abandoned Rome for Istanbul. Of course, there may be some who sincerely thought that taking over the civil leadership in Caesar's stead was the right thing to do. It wasn't. It was against scripture (Matthew 20:25-28) and the fruits of that move resulted in Popes such as Innocent and Gregory who thought they ruled the world. Kings of heaven, earth, and hell. And the last 4 popes thought likewise with the current one placing himself as the only viable candidate for world premier. All the conflicts, the rebellions, the politicking, the manipulating of society throughout the last 500 years has been leading up to this. Your Jesuits have done a remarkably good job.