Consented to our salvation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry. 4th century. When Constantine abandoned Rome for Istanbul. Of course, there may be some who sincerely thought that taking over the civil leadership in Caesar's stead was the right thing to do. It wasn't. It was against scripture (Matthew 20:25-28) and the fruits of that move resulted in Popes such as Innocent and Gregory who thought they ruled the world. Kings of heaven, earth, and hell. And the last 4 popes thought likewise with the current one placing himself as the only viable candidate for world premier. All the conflicts, the rebellions, the politicking, the manipulating of society throughout the last 500 years has been leading up to this. Your Jesuits have done a remarkably good job.

the valid pope does rule the world
All things are subject to Christ the king Matt 28:18
Not in rigid governance but in service
Safeguarding both the faithful and the deposit of faith from all errors and heretics
Christ is king and the valid pope is His personal representative
So He must rule

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the valid pope does rule the world
Jesus overcame the world, but I suspect that the current Pope has yet to do that. What does he rule? Men rule themselves to their own detriment. When God rules in a man completely then that man is an overcomer as Jesus was an overcomer! How many have we known personally who have attained to that place?

Reactions: Brakelite

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Never heard of it
Last valid pope by my reckoning was Pius 12
An old style Catholic! That is where I was but I never changed while within Catholicism. I grew up as a Catholic mostly during the time of Pius XII. I remember discussing his death, the big news at the moment, with a friend riding on the high school bus way back when. After high school [graduated in 1961] I simply back away from churches until 1976.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An old style Catholic! That is where I was but I never changed while within Catholicism. I grew up as a Catholic mostly during the time of Pius XII. I remember discussing his death, the big news at the moment, with a friend riding on the high school bus way back when. After high school [graduated in 1961] I simply back away from churches until 1976.
Wow! Living history

Reactions: amadeus