Consumption Of Jesus' Flesh And Blood

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Church teaches as Christ did - that unless we eat the flesh of Christ and drink His blood we have no SPIRITUAL life within us.

That is a Catholic idea only. I don't eat his flesh or drink his blood but I have spiritual life in me.

"Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me”

This was originally said in the setting of the annual Passover feast which was celebrated ONCE A YEAR. As the original church were Jews they would have done the same thing celebrated it once a year at the Passover feast.

Because of this, I have the hope that I WILL BE SAVED (Matt. 24:13, Rom. 5:9–10, 1 Cor. 3:12–15).

I don't hope. I know as in 2Ti 1:12 For this cause I also suffer these things; but I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed, and I am persuaded that He is able to guard My deposit unto that Day.
WRONG.

Eating His flesh and drinking His blood is a JESUS idea John (6:53-56).
NOT sure where you're getting your ideas about your second moronic statement in RED . . .

As for your rejection of the verses I presented about HOPE - that's YOUR problem.
REAL Christians DO have hope. It's one of the main Christian virtues, along with Faith and Love (1 Cor. 13:13).

The fact that you have NO hope speaks VOLUMES . . .

epostle

Jun 21, 2018
essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The heavens burst open quietly and the Son of God comes to us: eternity strolling in time, everlasting light with a human spirit, human innards, human bones, human face and human skin getting burned by the earth's sun on the dusty little road of Palestine. God is made human flesh, and with a wholly human voice the single Word spoken by God cries out, "My flesh is real food, and my blood is real drink."

How can we help but say, "What is he talking about? Are we cannibals? His flesh?" God seems either too far or too near. He lives above the galaxies but he comes and speaks these baffling words that rouse our half-buried longing to somehow see ourselves – someday our whole selves – absolutely alive. Job sat in the dung and insisted that his own wept-out eyes would one day see the living God and be satisfied.

God's words break our hearts with longing. Can any of us believe anything, finally, that is not in the flesh? Our flesh is inescapable. It is as unalterably here as the earth, and it is never right – too much or too little, too insensitive or too painful, not beautiful enough for anyone to cherish, or maybe even so lovely that others devour us. It is here. Our flesh is us. Could we ever possibly have a God who would not touch us in our flesh?

Jesus multiplies the loaves and fishes, heals the wreckage of our dying bodies, and then he looks us right in the face, and his voice pierces to the center of our hearts' flesh as he says, "My flesh is the true food, and my blood is the true drink." When the Master speaks these words of prodigal love to us, he is asking us to open our flesh and our spirit to the food that will truly fill us. Eternal life, the limitless outpouring that is Father, Son, and Spirit – endlessly embracing, saturating, overflowing the bottomlessness of my tiny human flesh...

Our whole human flesh, male and female – this fragility, this pain, this joy, this burden, this ecstasy, this beauty, this sorrow, this baptized dust that is the image of infinity – is living forever, the sacrament of life for every creature in the universe.

The Master is offering us his solidity – not his "spirit" only, or his mind, or his soul, but his irrefutably human density: his flesh and his blood. He is saying, "If you live my life, if you keep my word, if you only ask me, you will have me. Not an idea of me or a feeling of me or a phantom of me or a dream of me, but me."

"You will eat me, drink me. I will be your food. I will pass through all your organs, through your bones. I will flow in your blood, move through your arms and legs, fill your brain. My flesh will fill even the unfillable recesses of your spirit, and every cell of you will become a cell of me. I will speak my name in your heart."

The Blessed Spirit of God – so transcendent that we cannot have even one idea about him that is literally so – has filled our ordinary, blissful or bored, death-aimed life with the glory of the risen flesh of Jesus. If we have eyes to see, we see him in every face we meet, including our own; or ears to hear, we hear him in both tears and laughter; or mouth to taste, we taste him in every bite of food we eat and every bit of earth we kiss.

"Anyone who eats this bread will live forever." Already, because our flesh and the Master's are one, we are in eternal life. Our ragged bodies, vessels of hope and anguish, ash heaps and icons, crazy with loss and speechless with love, already are transformed so that when we touch one another, we touch – our Lord and our God! We only need to keep coming to the table, day after day after day until the end, when we will see with our own eyes Jesus's flesh in our own.

If we keep coming, then even before our eyes are clear enough to see the full glory of our own flesh, we will find that the Master has laid his table for us by every tree, in the middle of every moment, in the silent core of every heart. Jesus has spread out his banquet of love in my brother's flesh, in my sister's, in my own. "Come," he says. So I will eat and drink, and I will live forever.

From Circling the Sun: Meditations on Christ in Liturgy and Time by Fr. Robert D. Pelton

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No - it was nothing but another cowardly anti-Catholic cop-out.

Whenever sn anti-Catholic is short on answers, they attack formatting style.
It's standard procedure . . .

As I have never done that before I doubt it is a stsandard procedure, but then it seems that Catholics can read the minds of others and know what they are thinking.

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some people's posts resemble the obnoxious placards of worked-up
protesters and political activists; yelling, shrieking, and sometimes even
spraying saliva like lunatics.

They are beyond reason and sensibility in their desperation to be taken
seriously. Apparently they assume that if only they shout loud enough, and
make themselves annoying enough, maybe they'll get their point across and
somebody will finally listen.

Well; I'm not in the habit of accommodating Christians that yell, shriek, and
spray saliva so to speak. They're an embarrassment to Christ.
_

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I have never done that before I doubt it is a stsandard procedure, but then it seems that Catholics can read the minds of others and know what they are thinking.
Not at all.
I just go by that lack of substance in your posts . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some people's posts resemble the obnoxious placards of worked-up
protesters and political activists; yelling, shrieking, and sometimes even
spraying saliva like lunatics.

They are beyond reason and sensibility in their desperation to be taken
seriously. Apparently they assume that if only they shout loud enough, and
make themselves annoying enough, maybe they'll get their point across and
somebody will finally listen.

Well; I'm not in the habit of accommodating Christians that yell, shriek, and
spray saliva so to speak. They're embarrassment to Christ.
_
I'm not "shrieking".
I'm just exposing the idiocy of your posts.

BIG difference . . .

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the idiocy of your posts.

I was baptized an infant into the Roman Catholic church and subsequently
went on to attend enough Catechism to complete First Holy Communion and
Confirmation.

Looking back; I don't recall being taught manners in Catechism. In point of
fact, it wasn't till many years later as a Protestant that the passage below
was brought to my attention.

Col 4:6 . . Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt

Grace can be defined as kind, courteous, inclined to good will, generous,
charitable, altruistic, compassionate, sympathetic, thoughtful, cordial,
affable, genial, sociable, cheerful, warm, sensitive, hospitable, considerate,
and tactful.

By comparing the language and grammar of Matt 5:13, Mark 9:50, Luke
14:34, and Col 4:6; it becomes apparent that salt's primary purpose is to
enhance flavor and make otherwise naturally insipid and/or bad-tasting
things palatable, viz: diplomacy; which can be roughly defined as
conversation that makes an effort to maintain peace rather than provoke
conflict and/or annoy people and make them uncomfortable.

Labeling someone's posts as "idiocy" is rude, and fails to comply with
Col 4:6. However, if you are a Catholic, I can understand why you would be
that way with your words; but beware lest the hapless day arrives when you
are forced to eat them.

Matt 12:36 . . I tell you, on the day of judgment people will render an
account for every careless word they speak.
_

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was baptized an infant into the Roman Catholic church and subsequently went on to attend enough Catechism to complete First Holy Communion and Confirmation.

Looking back; I don't recall being taught manners in Catechism. In point of
fact,
it wasn't till many years later as a Protestant that the passage below was brought to my attention.
● Col 4:6 . . Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt

Grace can be defined as kind, courteous, inclined to good will, generous,
charitable, altruistic, compassionate, sympathetic, thoughtful, cordial,
affable, genial, sociable, cheerful, warm, sensitive, hospitable, considerate, and tactful.

By comparing the language and grammar of Matt 5:13, Mark 9:50, Luke
14:34, and Col 4:6; it becomes apparent that salt's primary purpose is to
enhance flavor and make otherwise naturally insipid and/or bad-tasting things palatable, viz: diplomacy; which can be roughly defined as conversation that makes an effort to maintain peace rather than provoke conflict and/or annoy people and make them uncomfortable.

Labeling someone's posts as "idiocy" is rude, and fails to comply with Col 4:6. However, if you are a Catholic, I can understand why you would be that way with your words; but beware lest the hapless day arrives when you are forced to eat them.

Matt 12:36 . . I tell you, on the day of judgment people will render an
account for every careless word they speak._
That's hilarious, coming from YOU, because your posts never employ ANY sort of "grace".
They are always provocative and anti-Catholic.

Pointing out the idiocy of your posts is only "rude" because it's coming from an educated Catholic, which is something you hadn't counted on when you came here. You figured you could just join the other anti-Catholics in bashing what you plainly do not understand - -but you got more than you bargained for when you met some of us who DO know our faith.

Your posts are idiotic - not simply because they come from a position of abject ignorance of ALL things Catholic - but because of your arrogant approach. There is nothing more pathetic than a person who thinks they're an expert on a given subject - yet, they always seem to get it wrong . . .

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That's hilarious, coming from YOU, because your posts never employ ANY sort of "grace".

Pointing out the idiocy of your posts is only "rude" because it's coming from an educated Catholic, which is something you hadn't counted on when you came here. You figured you could just join the other anti-Catholics in bashing what you plainly do not understand - -but you got more than you bargained for when you met some of us who DO know our faith.

Your posts are idiotic - not simply because they come from a position of abject ignorance of ALL things Catholic - but because of your arrogant approach. There is nothing more pathetic than a person who thinks they're an expert on a given subject - yet, they always seem to get it wrong . . .

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

There is one thing I know and this is the truth. If I was considering becoming a Catholic, I would be totally put off by your arrogant and bombastic attitude.

You should read Dale Carnegie's book " How to Win Friends and Influence People." He is not a Catholic but he has got more manners in his little finger that you have in your whole body.

For all your perfection you have yet to master this biblical instruction...
Col 4:6 Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I was considering becoming a Catholic, I would be totally put off by your arrogant and bombastic attitude.

The world can't help but be put off by obnoxious Christians; hence:

Col 4:5 . . Conduct yourselves wisely toward outsiders, making the most of the opportunity.

I seriously doubt that forum remarks seen world-wide that come across as obnoxious, frustrated, yelling, desperate, and spraying spittle are the kind of wisdom that Paul is talking about.

And I'd like to ask what ever happened to turning the other cheek? Has that gone out of vogue for Catholics? I suspect that a number of the beatitudes are out of vogue too. For example:

“Blessed are the poor in spirit"

"Blessed are the meek"

"Blessed are the peacemakers"

Those three beatitudes are rarely, if ever, exemplified by forum Catholics. Their hostility towards non Catholic opponents is shocking and can't possibly be accounted as blessing-worthy; viz: they do not deserve to be known as children of God. (Matt 5:9)

I heard a quaint tale about a street evangelist handing out tracts who came upon an illiterate man who told the evangelist: I can't read your tracts; but I can watch your tracks. Yes; actions speak just as loud as words; and sometimes louder.
_

Reactions: marksman

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Blessings unto you! My name is Rich. I have a question unto you. "Do you love your brother in your heart?"

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, that must be first. Something that you don't know. FYI, I don't have to try and be honest as it is second nature to me.
No - if you were honest, you would say that you "Try".
You are a human being and capable of lying - as you have shown MANY times on this forum.

Soooooo, being honest isn't "second nature" to you . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blessings unto you! My name is Rich. I have a question unto you. "Do you love your brother in your heart?"
I don't hold animosity towards anybody.
I DO, however have contempt for the things that some people say - especially when they LIE.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is one thing I know and this is the truth. If I was considering becoming a Catholic, I would be totally put off by your arrogant and bombastic attitude.

You should read Dale Carnegie's book " How to Win Friends and Influence People." He is not a Catholic but he has got more manners in his little finger that you have in your whole body.

For all your perfection you have yet to master this biblical instruction...
Col 4:6 Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt
Funny how indignant anti Catholics like yourself become when you are put in their place by a Catholic.
Suddenly - ALL of the rude and vile things YOU say against Catholics are somehow overshadowed by my "rudeness".

Here's an idea: Don't say rude, vile or stupid things about Catholics - and I won't put you in your place.
Your hypocrisy knows NO bounds . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
.The world can't help but be put off by obnoxious Christians; hence
Col 4:5 . . Conduct yourselves wisely toward outsiders, making the most of the opportunity.
I seriously doubt that forum remarks seen world-wide that come across as obnoxious, frustrated, yelling, desperate, and spraying spittle are the kind of wisdom that Paul is talking about.

And I'd like to ask what ever happened to turning the other cheek? Has that gone out of vogue for Catholics? I suspect that a number of the beatitudes are out of vogue too. For example:

“Blessed are the poor in spirit"

"Blessed are the meek"
"Blessed are the peacemakers"

Those three beatitudes are rarely, if ever, exemplified by forum Catholics. Their hostility towards non Catholic opponents is shocking and can't possibly be accounted as blessing-worthy; viz: they do not deserve to be known as children of God. (Matt 5:9)

I heard a quaint tale about a street evangelist handing out tracts who came upon an illiterate man who told the evangelist: I can't read your tracts; but I can watch your tracks. Yes; actions speak just as loud as words; and sometimes louder.
_
YOUR behavior here on this forums HARDLY places you in the company of the meek, poor in spirit or the peacemakers.
As I stated earlier - ALL of your posts are provocatively anti-Catholic.

Perhaps the following verses are more befitting a person of your behavior:

Rom. 2:3
Do you suppose, O man—you who judge those who practice such things and yet do them yourself—that you will escape the judgment of God?

Matt. 7:5
You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

1 John 2:4
Whoever says “I know him” but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't hold animosity towards anybody.
I DO, however have contempt for the things that some people say - especially when they LIE.

Blessings unto you! It has been said, "Let your yes be yes and your no be no." So I will ask you once again,"Do you love your brother in your heart?"