cops have post traumatic stress and so..

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
cops have post traumatic stress and so..It jus stands to reason this is so.. nature of the beast... seeing crime and evil all the time

they should get some kind of treatment for that on a routine (yearly?) basis..

I dont buy it for one minute that cops are killing Blacks indiscriminately.. but you have to admit being a cop is... (fill in the blanks) stresful, etc

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ScaliaFan said:
cops have post traumatic stress and so..It jus stands to reason this is so.. nature of the beast... seeing crime and evil all the time

they should get some kind of treatment for that on a routine (yearly?) basis..

I dont buy it for one minute that cops are killing Blacks indiscriminately.. but you have to admit being a cop is... (fill in the blanks) stresful, etc
Cops are human. The profession is the same as any other... There are good ones and bad ones.

But there is a bizarre mentality out there in our streets. It seems (I may be wrong) that people are committing crimes, being confronted by cops and all of a sudden its showtime: all the cell phone cameras come on and everyone is hoping the cop brutalizes the suspect. Even the suspect is hoping so and encourages it!

Thats what hapoened in Ferguson MO and in Baltimore.

No, I don't think either of those men deserved to die... But I don't think anyone should paint the suspect as a saint nor the cops as a devil. Especially ehen the victims either ran or acted aggressively toward the cop.

And none of this has anything to do with the Bible.... But since some people think ministers shouldn't talk politics.... I've changed my stance!

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
FHII said:
Cops are human. The profession is the same as any other... There are good ones and bad ones.

But there is a bizarre mentality out there in our streets. It seems (I may be wrong) that people are committing crimes, being confronted by cops and all of a sudden its showtime: all the cell phone cameras come on and everyone is hoping the cop brutalizes the suspect. Even the suspect is hoping so and encourages it!

Thats what hapoened in Ferguson MO and in Baltimore.

No, I don't think either of those men deserved to die... But I don't think anyone should paint the suspect as a saint nor the cops as a devil. Especially ehen the victims either ran or acted aggressively toward the cop.

And none of this has anything to do with the Bible.... But since some people think ministers shouldn't talk politics.... I've changed my stance!
hands up, dont shoot never happened

but the weird thing is.. these last 2 cases dont look good for the cops. Even if that guy in NC had a gun, he was not using it or threatening anyone AS FAR AS I can tell... which we can't tell too much b/c evidence has not been released to the public.. The case in Tulsa is even more bizarre and looks terrible for the cop

she is charged w/ manslaughter but it looks like murder 2 me

i think that all cops have ptsd to one degree or another but all have it to a serious degree imo.. and so this makes it more likely they will be quick to neutralize a threat... b/c ppl w/ ptsd always see threats, whether or not those threats are absolutely real or not... they have hyper-vigilance. I think maybe all cops should work, say, 2 years, and then have a yr off, work 2 yrs.. 1 yr off, etc... ??