Coronavirus cases plummeting in Australia

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you need to talk about him that way?

Because he put countless numbers of people at risk by opening the beaches.

And that's why you need to talk in a disparaging way? Then you are under the man's control, if that's true.

But if you are not under his control, then his behavior does not dictate yours, and you remain responsible.

But I get that people do not always want to account for their idle words.

So be it.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that's why you need to talk in a disparaging way?

I'm just pointing out the obvious. He should have known better. He had access to people who did understand, if he didn't get it. So he has no excuse.

Then you are under the man's control, if that's true.

In America, we have an obligation to call out public servants who mess up in serious matters.

But if you are not under his control, then his behavior does not dictate yours, and you remain responsible.

And I fulfilled my responsibility as an American. That's how it works. In some countries, it's considered wrong to criticize those in power. Not here.

PATRIOTISM means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President or any other public official save exactly to the degree in which he himself stands by the country. It is patriotic to support him in so far as he efficiently serves the country. It is unpatriotic not to oppose him to the exact extent that by inefficiency or otherwise he fails in his duty to stand by the country. In either event it is unpatriotic not to tell the truth—whether about the President or about anyone else—save in the rare cases where this would make known to the enemy information of military value which would otherwise be unknown to him.
Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech 1918

But I get that people do not always want to account for their idle words.

Or their callous/foolish misdeeds. I think you know which one applies here.

Last edited:

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just wanted to share some good news, instead of the negatives, here is the latest graph showing active numbers of cases in Australia, total recoveries, almost half have recovered, just goes to show strict regulations and prayer is working.

View attachment 9000 View attachment 9001 View attachment 9002
Could you put that in perspective with a graph in relation to the total number people in Austrailia?
Most in the world are enduring some form of Medical martial law.
Now, once you have your newly formulated graph, maybe you will see the real truth.
But then again, maybe not!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep. While Trump had been warned by his own people as early as January, that this could be a huge disaster, he ignored them,and continued to tell us that it was "contained" until the pandemic was well-established and thousands of Americans were dying.

With no one at the helm, the states did what they could, some of them. But some governors botched it as badly as Trump did.

Thanks for sharing you are oblivious HOW a Constitutional Republic operates.
Seems you might be one of those characters who calls himself FREE, but who Dependant on the government.

You are Free to take of yoursef...if your health concerns you, YOU put The World Health Organization on speed dial, and e-mail account.
who.int
+41-22-791211
1-202-974-3000

Or you can be Dependent on your Master daddy to tell you what to do and take of you....and bad mouth him along the way.

Good grief, stop whining!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
^ I am not taking away from your "Good News". A downward trend in cases is indeed a good thing. However, many others are not out the woods yet, and for those who are, that isn't an automatic green light to fire up the local economy. Many places have had to shut down again, because of a relapse.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for sharing you are oblivious HOW a Constitutional Republic operates.

Trump has the responsibility and the powers to take action. He waited far too long after his own people told him that it was a serious threat.

Seems you might be one of those characters who calls himself FREE, but who Dependant on the government.

If you think that each person, looking after himself, can handle this, you're not being realistic. We had a national response team for this, precisely because the H1V1 epidemic showed a need. And of course, it was disbanded just when we needed it.

I remember when people rebelled against seat belts, because they didn't want the government telling them what to do. Natural selection has corrected that to some extent. The problem is that, in a pandemic fools don't just kill themselves; they take down others as well.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
^ I am not taking away from your "Good News". A downward trend in cases is indeed a good thing. However, many others are not out the woods yet, and for those who are, that isn't an automatic green light to fire up the local economy. Many places have had to shut down again, because of a relapse.

Yes. When we hit the inflection point, it won't be a time to let go; likely a month or two after that, we can start to pick up the pieces and recover.

And I'm one of those people who are really losing money on the market. I won't even look at my stuff right now; I'm just hoping for the best.

These data on Australia are certainly very good news for them:
Coronavirus cases plummeting in Australia

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trump has the responsibility and the powers to take action. He waited far too long after his own people told him that it was a serious threat.

If you think that each person, looking after himself, can handle this, you're not being realistic. We had a national response team for this, precisely because the H1V1 epidemic showed a need. And of course, it was disbanded just when we needed it.

I remember when people rebelled against seat belts, because they didn't want the government telling them what to do. Natural selection has corrected that to some extent. The problem is that, in a pandemic fools don't just kill themselves; they take down others as well.

So you are a proponate of your servants controlling you...and taking care of you.
We differ.
I prefer Liberty.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Just wanted to share some good news, instead of the negatives, here is the latest graph showing active numbers of cases in Australia, total recoveries, almost half have recovered, just goes to show strict regulations and prayer is working.
Seeing as Australia is isolated from all the other continents, it should not have had a single case of Wuhan virus.

Which means that those governing Australia failed to do what is good for Australia and did whatever was good for China.

That the cases are presently in decline also shows how irresponsible all the so-called *experts* have been in creating panic and fear-mongering. They should all be fired, but chances are that none of them will be dismissed.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you are a proponate of your servants controlling you...

I expect them to serve me as they swore to do, and the Constitution directs.

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

They were elected to do this. Some of them let us down, and they will likely be called to account for their failures.

We differ.

Apparently, you don't think they should be held accountable. I get that. But the Founders also differ with you, as you see. There are nations that are not founded on those principles. Maybe you'd be happier there.

But I suspect in those lands you prefer to America, when you need paramedics, or a police officer, or want clean water and food that's not contaminated, you'll change your mind.

Still, if "every man for himself" is your idea of Liberty, don't let us keep you.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: Helen and Josho

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Seeing as Australia is isolated from all the other continents, it should not have had a single case of Wuhan virus.

Which means that those governing Australia failed to do what is good for Australia and did whatever was good for China.

That the cases are presently in decline also shows how irresponsible all the so-called *experts* have been in creating panic and fear-mongering. They should all be fired, but chances are that none of them will be dismissed.

Well a lot of the cases actually came from USA, when they didn't even think it was a problem there at the time. In my opinion I think the Aussie government has done a great job in managing the crisis, China was the first nation banned, then Iran, they could have probably acted on Italy earlier and done better in managing Ruby Princess, other than that fantastic job. It wasn't well known in USA at the time, so they weren't aware of the dangers of American flights landing in Australia, but have put appropriate measures in place since then and the number of active cases dropped as a result.

And the government has been working overtime, so they aren't going to be perfect, Scott Morrison hasn't had proper rest in quite a long time, he is doing a wonderful job though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

I could have brought in and commented on the Canada's or the USA's response to this virus but I felt that it was prudent to not muddy the waters so to speak for the folk who live those respective countries. I have also chosen to not commented on any other countries handling/response to the virus.

What you have shown with respect to your character, in your post, is not pretty to look at.

With respect to how I believe the Australian Government has and is continuing to respond to the virus situation, that is not helpful or wise to publish on a world wide forum such as this. However, if I believe that I should speak out about how the Australian Government is handling the situation, then I should only communicate within an Australian contextual environment/platform and not a world wide platform as you have done.

May Canada's government establish a plan that is effective in reducing the risks to it citizens.

Shalom

Reactions: Helen

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
That is awesome Josho. We have similar numbers down in NZ as well. Our Prime Minister moved very quickly and this is week 3 of level 4 on our lockdown [which is a state of emergency]. Although we have a smaller country than yours ie: nearly 5 million residents, our numbers are looking good.

Summary Covid19, New Zealand 8/04/20
Number of confirmed cases in New Zealand - 969.26

Number of probable cases - 241.24

Number of confirmed and probable cases - 1,210.50

Number of cases in hospital -

Number of recovered cases - 282.41

Number of deaths - 1

Total Cases by Ethnicity

covid-19-case-data-cases-by-ethnicity-8apr20_0.png

Reactions: Helen and Josho

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I expect them to serve me as they swore to do, and the Constitution directs.

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

They were elected to do this. Some of them let us down, and they will likely be called to account for their failures.

Read that again...there is no "Them or They"...
It very clearly begins with "We"!

Apparently, you don't think "they" should be held accountable.

What "they" are you talking about?
I already said...take care of yourself...
(Unless you are not included in "WE" the people)

And what Exactly are you claiming..."they" should be "accountable" For?

I get that.

Obviously not.
What your have shown is your butchered Understanding of the Preamble to the Constitution of the US.

But the Founders also differ with you, as you see.

No. I agree with the Preamble as Governor Morris wrote it.
You are the one whose understanding is amiss. There is no "us and them"...only WE, in the Preamble!

There are nations that are not founded on those principles. Maybe you'd be happier there.

Actually I would be more pleased if the majority of the "WE" spoken of in the Preamble were not so ignorant.

But I suspect in those lands you prefer to America,

So typical of people LIKE YOU...
Begin with your concocted twisted idea...
Then make UP lies about other People...
And act like you are YOU are in the Right!

Still, if "every man for himself" is your idea of Liberty,

I didn't say that. So don't be ignorant to think I agree with ideas conjured up in your head!

don't let us keep you.

Who is "us"? The other ignorant and lying rats in your gang?

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That is awesome Josho. We have similar numbers down in NZ as well. Our Prime Minister moved very quickly and this is week 3 of level 4 on our lockdown [which is a state of emergency]. Although we have a smaller country than yours ie: nearly 5 million residents, our numbers are looking good.

Summary Covid19, New Zealand 8/04/20
Number of confirmed cases in New Zealand - 969.26

Number of probable cases - 241.24

Number of confirmed and probable cases - 1,210.50

Number of cases in hospital -

Number of recovered cases - 282.41

Number of deaths - 1

Total Cases by Ethnicity

covid-19-case-data-cases-by-ethnicity-8apr20_0.png

We now passed the halfway mark in our state of Victoria for recovery, I think I saw something like 781 have recovered in the state of Victoria on the news and that's out of 1212.

Just hopefully people behave themselves this Easter.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
May Canada's government establish a plan that is effective in reducing the risks to it citizens.
Search and seek and Read WHAT was EFFECTIVE in other plagues/ epidemics/ etc / in the past . (including wiping out yellow fever, and malaria, without drugs)

What the governments are doing today is under deception of pharmakeia as written in Revelation 18.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who is "us"? The other ignorant and lying rats in your gang?

You're embarrassed and upset to realize you don't like America as the Founders established it. I get that. But getting verbally abusive won't help you any. It's just an unwitting admission that you realize it.

Try to do better in the future, hear?

Actually I would be more pleased if the majority of the "WE" spoken of in the Preamble were not so ignorant.

If it's so trying to live amongst all of the ignorant people in America, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We now passed the halfway mark in our state of Victoria for recovery, I think I saw something like 781 have recovered in the state of Victoria on the news and that's out of 1212.

Just hopefully people behave themselves this Easter.

That's great news. I see new cases in the U.S. declined a bit. Let's hope it is a sign that the worst is almost over.

Reactions: Josho