Coronavirus cases plummeting in Australia

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Joseph77 You are very close to spamming here... you push the Colloidal Silver in every post that you can. Okay, We have read it..thank you.. period.
Thanks for reminding me. I did not remember when, nor where I had posted. Shalom ! I'll make a thread perhaps, this week, for putting the healthy things.

I edited out the colloidal silver repeated information.

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thanks for reminding me. I did not remember when, nor where I had posted. Shalom ! I'll make a thread perhaps, this week, for putting the healthy things.

I edited out the colloidal silver repeated information.

Excellent idea...make a health thread... we need one. :)

Reactions: Joseph77

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Excellent idea...make a health thread... we need one. :)
Please give me a title for the thread,
and if you know, why we need one.

(I agree totally - just want another witness of the same)

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you received your degree under Operation Bootstrap...well that was before the 80s then...and you must be an older person than me for sure if you don't mind me saying so. You must be in your 70s.

Yep. Spent a lifetime in biology.

And then I would ask if what you studied actually gives you crucial insight into the composition and nature of this corona-type virus.

I'm not a virologist, but I did get a degree in microbiology, and I've done graduate work in immunology. What would you like to know? Perhaps I can help.

You see, getting a USC degree by extension as you said you did usually does not involve any lab work whatsoever, and I may be wrong.

Yep. You see, most of the courses required a paper. And of course, being about living systems, the only way to do that was to go out and take a look. So, lots of field work. If you were over on the management side, you'd probably never have to do any lab or field work whatever. I had to do a little of that, of course; I had a team of three other guys who did a queuing simulation to get the most efficient way to get all troops immunized against influenza.

One that was kind of interesting was a dynamic programming model to find the best way to use traditional methods and insecticide to reduce mosquito populations. Being in an area with lots of marshy land, it was a natural to get information on what needed to go into the model.

One that didn't require field work was a 2-predator model for predator prey interactions with the Volterra-Latke equation. That ended rather unsatisfactorily; tiny changes in the initial state would produce huge variations in the model. Later, I read Feigenbaum's work, and that all became clear. The numbers sorted out pretty much the way his constant predicts.

Was your sponsor AFIT/ Civilian programs, out of Wright Patterson OH or by by some other source? Were you a Missileer or just an airman stationed with a a non-medical AFSC using these same USC extension programs?

None of those things. Can you guess why?

You see Yehren, usually people that have to tell folks they know what they are talking about and concurrently having to tell folks several times they have formal credentials to prove it, makes me very uneasy and an instant high red flag is raised up for me.

As you have seen, I do know what I'm talking about. For two reasons. First, anyone with a degree in any sort of microbiology has to take some work in epidemiology. Second, if you actually work in biology, you have to keep reading; my Bergey's Manual is from 1978 and it's pretty much unusable now. You have to keep track of things.

And third, I also know where to look in journals to get up to date on these things. It's not just Pub Med and Google Scholar.

And you could be one of these people that are not genuine and are just winging it.

Feel free to ask a question. You might get lucky. My last two decades in industry, I worked as an ergonomist. (Systems Safety was a pretty big deal, back then). So I didn't keep up as much as I might have. What would you like to know?

You can ask me about my background if you wish. No problems mate. Shoot away...

I was never impressed with credentials. I once knew a body repairman who was remarkably competent to discuss evolutionary theory. So if you can keep up, I don't care where you got the knowledge. If you want to share, lay it out. If not, no problem.

Up to you of course, although I'm do wish you were more optimistic though on this subject at hand.

It's going to be bad. Worse than it is now, for maybe 10 days to 2 weeks. And longer than that, for some places that have yet to see the curve go exponential. Notice that even Trump now admits it. You'd have to be a complete ignoramus to miss that now. The good news, is that the rate of increase seems to be slowing a bit. But that was true a week ago, when I suggested that it might turn out better than originally thought. Didn't turn out that way. So I could be wrong.

You seem very bent on condemning specific people with this virus issue with a broad brush.

I have very specific criticisms for people who were telling us it was "contained" and would disappear one day like a "miracle." You can't spin a pandemic, and attempts to do so will cost thousands of lives. That's the reality.

That also raises a concern about your genuine motivation and reasoning...

Notice that things are going the way I said they would. Notice things aren't going the way Donald Trump said they would. Reality matters.

Can I ask you if you are Christian and know the Lord in your life?

Do you often insult people pointlessly? All you have to do is look below my avatar. If you were a Christian, I would think you would be able to see it just from my comments on scripture. What did you hope to gain by this kind of foolishness?

Do you actually know what it means to know the Lord in your life? Your question suggests that you do not.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep. Spent a lifetime in biology.

I'm not a virologist, but I did get a degree in microbiology, and I've done graduate work in immunology. What would you like to know? Perhaps I can help.

Yep. You see, most of the courses required a paper. And of course, being about living systems, the only way to do that was to go out and take a look. So, lots of field work. If you were over on the management side, you'd probably never have to do any lab or field work whatever. I had to do a little of that, of course; I had a team of three other guys who did a queuing simulation to get the most efficient way to get all troops immunized against influenza.

One that was kind of interesting was a dynamic programming model to find the best way to use traditional methods and insecticide to reduce mosquito populations. Being in an area with lots of marshy land, it was a natural to get information on what needed to go into the model.

One that didn't require field work was a 2-predator model for predator prey interactions with the Volterra-Latke equation. That ended rather unsatisfactorily; tiny changes in the initial state would produce huge variations in the model. Later, I read Feigenbaum's work, and that all became clear. The numbers sorted out pretty much the way his constant predicts.

None of those things. Can you guess why?

As you have seen, I do know what I'm talking about. For two reasons. First, anyone with a degree in any sort of microbiology has to take some work in epidemiology. Second, if you actually work in biology, you have to keep reading; my Bergey's Manual is from 1978 and it's pretty much unusable now. You have to keep track of things.

And third, I also know where to look in journals to get up to date on these things. It's not just Pub Med and Google Scholar.

Feel free to ask a question. You might get lucky. My last two decades in industry, I worked as an ergonomist. (Systems Safety was a pretty big deal, back then). So I didn't keep up as much as I might have. What would you like to know?

I was never impressed with credentials. I once knew a body repairman who was remarkably competent to discuss evolutionary theory. So if you can keep up, I don't care where you got the knowledge. If you want to share, lay it out. If not, no problem.

It's going to be bad. Worse than it is now, for maybe 10 days to 2 weeks. And longer than that, for some places that have yet to see the curve go exponential. Notice that even Trump now admits it. You'd have to be a complete ignoramus to miss that now. The good news, is that the rate of increase seems to be slowing a bit. But that was true a week ago, when I suggested that it might turn out better than originally thought. Didn't turn out that way. So I could be wrong.

I have very specific criticisms for people who were telling us it was "contained" and would disappear one day like a "miracle." You can't spin a pandemic, and attempts to do so will cost thousands of lives. That's the reality.

Notice that things are going the way I said they would. Notice things aren't going the way Donald Trump said they would. Reality matters.

Do you often insult people pointlessly? All you have to do is look below my avatar. If you were a Christian, I would think you would be able to see it just from my comments on scripture. What did you hope to gain by this kind of foolishness?

Do you actually know what it means to know the Lord in your life? Your question suggests that you do not.

So you think it will be 'bad' in the next 10 days. As compared to what? Do you think that the death count includes other causes of death besides those truly caused by the novel COVID-19 virus? I believe so, by a lot. I do agree though, despite the accuracy of the death count, that next week with continue to show the US and even other countries running along a plateau, ready to drop down by the 15th of April. I would not say it is 'bad' though compare to the common seasonal flu a couple of years ago. That season, the common flu killed about 100k in the US alone. That would be less that this virus will cause by the 30th of April in the US; and even if all the deaths are really caused by this virus.

And you answered my last question by questioning my faith. I'm truly sorry you had respond in such a defensive tone when I ask about your faith in Christ. Did I hit a nerve?

Look, Yehren, I really love the Lord and the Spirit within me provides love and truth as I continue to become a perfected image of Christ.

I hope you understand that I came in peace from the beginning of our exchange, in honesty, truth and love, in search of this love and truth from you.

And you know (Maybe not) if I really insulted you you would really know it. Again, I'm sorry if you felt offended by my forward questions.

And now a bit about me....

I spent many years in the USAF as my first career, as both a enlisted airman and officer. I was an astronautical engineer, an aerospace engineer, and a Minuteman ICBM Commander among a few other AFSCs, And after that, in my 2nd career, I mostly filled the role of a Systems engineer as a contractor, for many DoD and high tech companies.

I became a Christian in 1974, and I managed (despite a mild bout of middle-aged stupidity for several months) to stay married to the same wife, my dearest friend, for 47 years this year.

Bless you,

APAK

Reactions: Helen and Joseph77

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I became a Christian in 1974, and I managed (despite a mild bout of middle-aged stupidity for several months) to stay married to the same wife, my dearest friend, for 47 years this year.

Bless you,

APAK
HALLELUYAH ! HALLELUYAH ! HALLELUYAH ! Praise be to JESUS TODAY, and forever, and thanks to God for your testimony today ! (and for 47 years !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! )

Reactions: Helen and APAK

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you think it will be 'bad' in the next 10 days. As compared to what?

Compared to what we've seen so far. The worst is still to come.

Do you think that the death count includes other causes of death besides those truly caused by the novel COVID-19 virus? I believe so, by a lot.

Evidence? I don't think anyone who knows much about it, thinks so.

And you answered my last question by questioning my faith.

Probably a bad idea then, for you to question mine. I'm just wondering why that happened. Can you tell us about that? Did I hit a nerve?

I hope you understand that I came in peace from the beginning of our exchange, in honesty, truth and love, in search of this love and truth from you.

Probably a bad idea for you to question my Christianity, then.

Anyway, for the nation as a whole, I'm looking at maybe ten to fifteen more days of increasing death and illness, and then a decline to better numbers. But not for every state. I see one analysis that suggests rural states may have a harder time of it, than expected. I haven't looked at the numbers, but it could be.

I was born into the faith, and aside from my own dark night of the soul in my 20s, I've always been a believer. I just celebrated my 50th wedding anniversary a few months back with the woman who was mostly responsible for drawing me out of that darkness.

Reactions: Helen and APAK

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
anecdotal evidence: a few years ago, when the world health organization voted to grant one thosand or more dollars each month for each diagnosed case of aids, twenty diseases in africa disappeared, and the increase in aids patients was the same as the overall total decrease in those twenty other diseases... guess why ?

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
anecdotal evidence: a few years ago, when the world health organization voted to grant one thosand or more dollars each month for each diagnosed case of aids, twenty diseases in africa disappeared, and the increase in aids patients was the same as the overall total decrease in those twenty other diseases... guess why ?

Evidence?

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Compared to what we've seen so far. The worst is still to come.

Probably a bad idea then, for you to question mine. I'm just wondering why that happened. Can you tell us about that? Did I hit a nerve?

Probably a bad idea for you to question my Christianity, then.

Anyway, for the nation as a whole, I'm looking at maybe ten to fifteen more days of increasing death and illness, and then a decline to better numbers. But not for every state. I see one analysis that suggests rural states may have a harder time of it, than expected. I haven't looked at the numbers, but it could be.

I was born into the faith, and aside from my own dark night of the soul in my 20s, I've always been a believer. I just celebrated my 50th wedding anniversary a few months back with the woman who was mostly responsible for drawing me out of that darkness.

Thanks Yehren..have a great week..APAK

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess "cognitively impaired" would be a more appropriate description:

Georgia governor says he didn't know asymptomatic people could spread coronavirus
Georgia governor says he didn't know asymptomatic people could spread coronavirus

Realistically, what would you think? Yeah, me too. I wouldn't call anyone on the forum "stupid" for not knowing this, but the governor is an elected official. Higher standard.
By your own description, his "crime" was ignorance, though you attempt to make it to be some sort of commentary reflective of the man's intellect. Why is that, do you think? Not a question that you need to answer to me, but knowing the answer may be useful to yourself.

Much love!

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By your own description, his "crime" was ignorance

No, "crime" was your invention. No one, until you, said it was a crime.

though you attempt to make it to be some sort of commentary reflective of the man's intellect.

Surely you realize why opening the beaches was a stupid idea.

Why is that, do you think?

Because it is an ideal way to spread the virus quickly. Why would you be O.K. with that? It's not a question that you need to answer to me, but knowing the answer may be useful to yourself.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, "crime" was your invention. No one, until you, said it was a crime.
Do you get my point?

You describe the man as ignorant, but you present him as "dim bulb", cognitively deficient, was that your words? Why do you need to talk about him that way? Can't we do better?

Much love!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The lack of a coordinated response to the epidemic at the federal level hurt the U.S. badly. But states and local governments started to pick up the slack, and it looks as though maybe two more weeks of worsening conditions before it gets better.

Slack?
The Federal Government REQUIRES the states authority to Act! (Unless a National Emergency is Declared)

A national Emergency is not Declare UNTIL it becomes a NATIONAL Emergency.

The Federal Government announced early on...ofprojections...anticipations...and suggestions about unecessary travel, close contact with others.
( a Benefit for those lacking common sense).

No one, including the Fed govt and World Health Organization had an antidote on hand to dole out.

Nearly 7,000 people die per day in the US.

Nearly 14.000 deaths in the US have been reported connected to the Covid-19 virus in approx. 75 days.

Death is a fact of having been Born.
Don't believe ANY earthly man or Government has a cure for that.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Please give me a title for the thread,
and if you know, why we need one.

(I agree totally - just want another witness of the same)

I am sure many on here would like to swap ideas about things they recommend in a healthy lifestyle . We don't have a dedicated thread.
I can't remember if we have a Health Thread...if we do it must be old.
Maybe start it on the General Discussion Board.

Something life - "Natural Healing & Health "

Haha! I'm sure you will get inspired on what to call it. :)

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Slack?
The Federal Government REQUIRES the states authority to Act! (Unless a National Emergency is Declared)

Yep. While Trump had been warned by his own people as early as January, that this could be a huge disaster, he ignored them,and continued to tell us that it was "contained" until the pandemic was well-established and thousands of Americans were dying.

With no one at the helm, the states did what they could, some of them. But some governors botched it as badly as Trump did.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you get my point?

Yep. You said I referred to the bungling by the governor of Georgia as a crime. But I didn't.

You describe the man as ignorant, but you present him as "dim bulb", cognitively deficient, was that your words?

C'mon. If he wanted to learn what the pandemic was about, he just had to drive 6 and a half miles to CDC and he would have been educated. Not that hard to do.

Why do you need to talk about him that way?

Because he put countless numbers of people at risk by opening the beaches.

Can't we do better?

The point is, he should have done better. People will die because of his failure.