Could this be a prelude to prophesy?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
making definitive statements like that kcnalp assumes a view I cannot accept. There is more going on globally than seen from the narrow perspective of 'American Christianity'
I'm not trying to "prove" anything, just make people aware of the near future. Many Christians have no clue of what is just over the horizon.
Matthew 24:21 (NKJV)
21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be.

Last edited:
Reactions: Heart2Soul

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I don't think this has anything to do with prophecies. The book of Revelation is very symbolic. The waters in Revelations such as the sea, rivers and streams should be taken symbolically not literally I believe. I'm not trying to say we're not in the end days I just don't believe that the seas, rivers and streams mentioned in Revelations should be taken literally.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think this has anything to do with prophecies. The book of Revelation is very symbolic. The waters in Revelations such as the sea, rivers and streams should be taken symbolically not literally I believe. I'm not trying to say we're not in the end days I just don't believe that the seas, rivers and streams mentioned in Revelations should be taken literally.
Is there anything in the Bible that JW's believe?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not trying to "prove" anything, just make people aware of the near future. Many Christians have no clue of what is just over the horizon.
Matthew 24:21 (NKJV)
21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be.
OH ITS COMING ALL RIGHT . YES INDEED IT IS .

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... Scripture.

Bobby Jo

I said I don't have to agree with how others view the mention of seas, rivers and streams. If they wish to view the seas, rivers and streams as being literal and that these seas, rivers and streams are literally bloody that's their right. I don't have to agree with that view just because others do.
The scriptures show that seas, rivers and streams can be used symbolically.
Isaiah likened the wicked people of earth, the masses alienated from God, to “the sea that is being tossed, when it is unable to calm down, the waters of which keep tossing up seaweed and mire.” (Isaiah 57:20). At Revelations 17:1,15 the “waters” on which Babylon the Great “sits” are said to mean “peoples and crowds and nations and tongues.”

Daniel described four “beasts” that came up “out of the sea” and revealed these to be symbolic of political kings or kingdoms. Daniel 7: 2, 3, 17, 23. Similarly, John spoke of a “wild beast ascending out of the sea,” that is, out of that vast portion of mankind that is estranged from God; and his mention, in symbolic language, of diadems and a throne again links the idea of a political organization with this beast out of “the sea.” Revelations 13:1, 2. He also saw in vision the time when there would be “a new heaven and a new earth” and when “the sea,” would be no more. I believe this sea is the turbulent masses of people alienated from God, (Revelations 21:1)

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Daniel described four “beasts” that came up “out of the sea” and revealed these to be symbolic of political kings or kingdoms. Daniel 7: 2, 3, 17, 23. Similarly, John spoke of a “wild beast ascending out of the sea,” that is, out of that vast portion of mankind that is estranged from God; and his mention, in symbolic language, of diadems and a throne again links the idea of a political organization with this beast out of “the sea.” Revelations 13:1, 2. He also saw in vision the time when there would be “a new heaven and a new earth” and when “the sea,” would be no more. I believe this sea is the turbulent masses of people alienated from God, (Revelations 21:1)
Where does it say "symbolic"?

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, and you don't have to explain either? Did Kingdom Hall instruct you?

I find it very interesting that what I said concerning Isaiah and revelation you ignored.
Isaiah likened the wicked people of earth, the masses alienated from God, to “the sea that is being tossed, when it is unable to calm down, the waters of which keep tossing up seaweed and mire.” (Isaiah 57:20). At Revelations 17:1,15 the “waters” on which Babylon the Great “sits” are said to mean “peoples and crowds and nations and tongues.”

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find it very interesting that what I said concerning Isaiah and revelation you ignored.
I've talked to enough JW's to know they TWIST nearly every Scripture they cite. It doesn't say "symbolic". Kingom Hall / YOU did.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've talked to enough JW's to know they TWIST nearly every Scripture they cite. It doesn't say "symbolic". Kingom Hall / YOU did.

Those scriptures in Isaiah 57:20; Revelations 17:1, 15 show that those scriptures are using the word sea and waters in a symbolic way. The fact that the word "symbolic" isn't in those scriptures don't change that.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those scriptures in Isaiah 57:20; Revelations 17:1, 15 show that those scriptures are using the word sea and waters in a symbolic way. The fact that the word "symbolic" isn't in those scriptures don't change that.
Does anything in the Bible mean what it says to JW's?

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It's my thinking that we JW believe the truth of the scriptures. Take you for example, you say simply because the word, "symbolic" isn't in scriptures like Isaiah 57:20 and Revelations 17:1,15 that these scriptures aren't viewing waters and seas as people even though these scriptures are showing that words such as seas and waters are being viewed as people.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
our language is full of metaphors (symbols, figures of speech) ....some examples; it's raining cats and dogs...... Blackberries are green when they are red...... He is a shining star.....I am the good shepherd and lay down my life for the sheep.....America is a melting pot... and so on.

We all use figures of speech. It should be not strange thing when scripture does also however, figures of speech vary from culture to culture. When you have a handle on that you can interpret the intended message.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i concur they do twist many things . But barney has this one right .
Look even at what jude calls them , waves of the sea roaring up their own shame and etc .
But no , i do not agree with many of the jehovas views on things . But still barney has this one right . Just keep digging .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many folks now allegoricalize everything . That is when things get very dangerous , cause
anyone can make something mean what they think it means by doing that .
But some things do hold have a figurative meaning . Often in the old test , trees , waters , seas , moutains , even hills
held the meaning for men . it did .
They often spoke in parables . Like even the Great eagle , or the cedar trees of lebanon . THE HIGH MEN , HIGH PLACES
Men are of often described as vines and such too . But still we do not do this to every scripture .