Could This Person Be Righteous?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lesjude

May 8, 2012
Central New York State
This person left God's perfect plan and was quarrelsome with
those following God. He/she offered their children for immoral purposes
and had no credibility with members of their family when they tried to
point them to God's will. He/she acted as a judge of others but had no
credibility with them. They did not have enough spirituality to ensure
the salvation of even a spouse. The person was fearful to do God's will
and resisted it. God granted a place of refuge but they refused to
remain or even consider returning to God's original direction for their
life. They fell into gross sexual sin as a result. There is no evidence
they ever repented.

Please decide if this person could/would be declared righteous by God and why. If you cannot decide explain why.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
lesjude said:
they ever repented.

Please decide if this person could/would be declared righteous by God and why. If you cannot decide explain why.

I am assumeing that this person was one who had been a Christian for some time and then turned away?
But, If the person was a Christian while doing these things, then it is obvious they never made Jesus the Lord of their life and did not have the Spirit and Word indwelling them.

But if they turned from Christ after deep into their walk, then I have this:
Heb 6:1-6
6:1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.
3 And this will we do, if God permit.
4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
KJV
I believe that salvation is by believing upon Christ, but when we obiviously do not follow the Word then we will not inherit the kingdom of God, You must have the Spirit of adoption to inherit the kingdom. However they will be the saved nations who believe but did not over come their flesh that come back in the second resurrection if their name is in the book of life. Salvation and inherit the kingdom of God are two different things.
Jude 23
23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
KJV
1 Cor 3:13-15
13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
KJV

And from the sounds of it, this is what happened:
Rom 1:28-32
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
KJV

And this we must watch out for for it is a warning to those who associate with such of these having pleasure in them as friends or family without warning them of the pending doom for those who reject to come to Christ. But we can not make anyone come to Christ, their heart must be ready.

JB_Reformed Baptist

Many are called but few are chosen.
Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
lesjude said:
they ever repented.

You could be talking about Lot and his daughters and the wife who looked back. Yes, he was considered a righteous man. 2 Peter 2:7

lesjude

May 8, 2012
Central New York State
afaithfulone4u said:
I am assumeing that this person was one who had been a Christian for some time and then turned away?
But, If the person was a Christian while doing these things, then it is obvious they never made Jesus the Lord of their life and did not have the Spirit and Word indwelling them.

But if they turned from Christ after deep into their walk, then I have this:
Heb 6:1-6
6:1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.
3 And this will we do, if God permit.
4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
KJV
I believe that salvation is by believing upon Christ, but when we obiviously do not follow the Word then we will not inherit the kingdom of God, You must have the Spirit of adoption to inherit the kingdom. However they will be the saved nations who believe but did not over come their flesh that come back in the second resurrection if their name is in the book of life. Salvation and inherit the kingdom of God are two different things.
Jude 23
23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
KJV
1 Cor 3:13-15
13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
KJV

And from the sounds of it, this is what happened:
Rom 1:28-32
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
KJV

And this we must watch out for for it is a warning to those who associate with such of these having pleasure in them as friends or family without warning them of the pending doom for those who reject to come to Christ. But we can not make anyone come to Christ, their heart must be ready.
The person was never a Christian in the sense of NT Christianity.

This is a good answer. I find few that see what you have said below. I am not sure about whole nations being saved but there will be individuals based on Revelation 20:11-15 who will not be a part of those who overcome in the first resurrection.
I believe that salvation is by believing upon Christ, but when we obiviously do not follow the Word then we will not inherit the kingdom
of God, You must have the Spirit of adoption to inherit the kingdom.
However they will be the saved nations who believe but did not over come
their flesh that come back in the second resurrection if their name is
in the book of life. Salvation and inherit the kingdom of God are two
different things.
However there is one factor you seemed to have missed which is believing intercession by a saved family member which God honors. God is ALWAYS faithful to this intercession. There are examples in both OT and NT.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Hi lesjude,
I guess I had thought you meant that they had been a Christian and walked away from God's perfect plan due to this " This person left God's perfect plan"
I misunderstood : )

As for intersession for others if they are not believers.. I am not sure we are to pray for God to make them come to Him to reap of His goodness when they are anti-Word.
I do believe that we may ask God to search for an inkling in their heart to believe upon Christ and to enlarge it, but God is not going to take ones freewill or make them love Him. Do you have a scripture for praying for the dead? Dead as in spiritually dead or otherwise?

God says not more will He condemn the children till the 3& 4th generation for the father's sins, that the soul that sinneth it shall die.
And Jesus never prayed for those who clearly rejected him.
I am like Abraham... I am willing to sacrifice my children now into the hands of God for their good. Because I know that to just cover up their sinful ways does not bring them to repentance and without repentance you can not come to God. For your desire must be to be cleansed from your sin so that you don't do it any more for he died to take away our sins, past so that no one can boast of why they were accepted the to go and sin no more.
We have been made righteous by faith, but righteousnes is not holiness and with out holiness nobody can see the Lord... because we must be made into his image(attributes to see him as in a mirror) I know that my children are in God's hands and that I lift them up to Him to do what is needed for their own good because I love them.
Moses would not leave the Hebrew children to God and they not only died due to their sins but Moses never made it to his promisedland. When you hang around those who are in opposition to God, like those on the boat with Job, not only do bad things happen to the one in opposition, but to all who are around them. We must separate ourselves from the ungodly, meaning as in relationships. If you notice that in the Bible it is only the spiritual children that are considered the children not those of the flesh... Not saying that our natural small children who are in our care so that we can bring them up in the things of God are not our children but when they are grown and have become independant and married, you are no longer in control of them. That is my delhima. My children love me, but don't want to receive Christ because they are not ready and they like doing what they do, they do not have the Right heart attitude.
Ezek 18:1-4
18:1 The word of the LORD came unto me again, saying,
2 What mean ye, that ye use this proverb concerning the land of Israel, saying, The fathers have eaten sour grapes, and the children's teeth are set on edge?
3 As I live, saith the Lord GOD, ye shall not have occasion any more to use this proverb in Israel.
4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.
KJV

lesjude

May 8, 2012
Central New York State
afaithfulone4u said:
Hi lesjude,
I guess I had thought you meant that they had been a Christian and walked away from God's perfect plan due to this " This person left God's perfect plan"
I misunderstood : )

As for intersession for others if they are not believers.. I am not sure we are to pray for God to make them come to Him to reap of His goodness when they are anti-Word.
I do believe that we may ask God to search for an inkling in their heart to believe upon Christ and to enlarge it, but God is not going to take ones freewill or make them love Him. Do you have a scripture for praying for the dead? Dead as in spiritually dead or otherwise?
My wife and I have seen both sides of our family all saved on the basis of Acts 16:31. We are now believing for extended family and those related by marriage. It has to be Bible faith however. See Mark 11:24 and Hebrews 11:1. There is no reason the devil should have them. Moses interceded for the spiritually dead in the wilderness several times and God honored it. Jesus interceded for His elect from all generations in John 17:1-26. Abraham interceded for Lot who committed gross sin.

God says not more will He condemn the children till the 3& 4th generation for the father's sins, that the soul that sinneth it shall die.
And Jesus never prayed for those who clearly rejected him.
I am like Abraham... I am willing to sacrifice my children now into the hands of God for their good. Because I know that to just cover up their sinful ways does not bring them to repentance and without repentance you can not come to God. For your desire must be to be cleansed from your sin so that you don't do it any more for he died to take away our sins, past so that no one can boast of why they were accepted the to go and sin no more.
We have been made righteous by faith, but righteousnes is not holiness and with out holiness nobody can see the Lord... because we must be made into his image(attributes to see him as in a mirror) I know that my children are in God's hands and that I lift them up to Him to do what is needed for their own good because I love them.
Moses would not leave the Hebrew children to God and they not only died due to their sins but Moses never made it to his promisedland. When you hang around those who are in opposition to God, like those on the boat with Job, not only do bad things happen to the one in opposition, but to all who are around them. We must separate ourselves from the ungodly, meaning as in relationships. If you notice that in the Bible it is only the spiritual children that are considered the children not those of the flesh... Not saying that our natural small children who are in our care so that we can bring them up in the things of God are not our children but when they are grown and have become independant and married, you are no longer in control of them. That is my delhima. My children love me, but don't want to receive Christ because they are not ready and they like doing what they do, they do not have the Right heart attitude.
Acts 16:31 is true. Only believe and intercede as the Holy Spirit directs. God will draw your children from His side; from their side they will think they made a free will choice. No one really does however because without effective grace no one would choose Jesus.
Here is what we are to do at every opportunity the Holy Spirit gives us for both saved and unsaved. Jesus did. Mark 16:17-18
Ezek 18:1-4
18:1 The word of the LORD came unto me again, saying,
2 What mean ye, that ye use this proverb concerning the land of Israel, saying, The fathers have eaten sour grapes, and the children's teeth are set on edge?
3 As I live, saith the Lord GOD, ye shall not have occasion any more to use this proverb in Israel.
4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.
KJV

Moses did not enter the promised land because of his own sin of misrepresenting God to the people when he struck the rock rather then speaking. His intercession preserved them many times.Be it to you according to your faith.
As for Abraham he trusted God with the life of his grown son to the point he believed God would raise him from the dead to save him. Are you prepared to do that for your children based on God's promise in Acts 16:31?
My point is God gave you those children just as he did Abraham. He expects you to have faith in Him and His word for their salvation not the attitude ":if it be thy will".