Covid booster

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Im sorry to hear about all thats happening in Europe/UK...
I think that maybe all this must come to pass as Christ said
We all need the fortitude to overcome this unprecedented adversity and i pray for that

But join me again Watson for some off topic investigation...
What is the definition of using Gods name in vein???
Its almost worth starting a thread about because i thought this was it, what Boris just did...
Using Gods name to further your own agenda... "In Gods name lets do this and that"
The vanity is in the fact that your doing it for your own reasons

But some people say that saying "oh my God" is using His name in vain.
But i can't see the vanity of it. What is so vain about that?

Any thoughts?
That wasn’t why I was mad Cristo, it was because I felt he was being hypercritical, encouraging us to care and think of others, while many of his cabinet and him were acting selfish and breaking rules because they were governed by their own needs. Also using Jesus and his ministry ,in my opinion, for the wrong reasons.
In context the home have changed some things today and one family member is allowed to visit each resident.
I must admit I have never really found out myself what ‘ taking the lords name in vain ‘ actually means because everyone has different views. I guess I have often gone with ‘ oh my God ‘ as an example….
You could start a thread and see what others think.
Sorry it’s been a long day xxx
Rita

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Pearl
Sorry I didn’t mean to turn this into another discussion about the vaccine. My reaction this morning was more to do with Jesus being brought into persuading people ‘ to do the right thing ‘ ..I had not see his speech, so the link took me by surprise. I was also upset by the lockdown at work, so I reacted, rather than responded. Just lately I have lost a lot of respect for Boris, not because of what’s happened but because he hasn’t got the courage to admit he messed up. Also I am not sure I agree that the Archbishop should be weighing in either…, but obviously others may feel differently.
Anyway many apologises for instantly directing your OP in a certain direction xx
Rita

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Reactions: TLHKAJ

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Also I am not sure I agree that the Archbishop should be weighing in either…
The Archbishop of Canterbury is another phony. He should have consulted with Catholic Archbishop Vigano before opening his mouth. How did England fall so low?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That wasn’t why I was mad Cristo, it was because I felt he was being hypercritical, encouraging us to care and think of others, while many of his cabinet and him were acting selfish and breaking rules because they were governed by their own needs. Also using Jesus and his ministry ,in my opinion, for the wrong reasons.
In context the home have changed some things today and one family member is allowed to visit each resident.

Fair enough

I must admit I have never really found out myself what ‘ taking the lords name in vain ‘ actually means because everyone has different views. I guess I have often gone with ‘ oh my God ‘ as an example….
Sorry it’s been a long day xxx
Rita

I might open a thread about that but not today...

Merry Christmas

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sir, I am living proof the vaccine helps. Also my wife, and my coworker and so many other people I know who have been vaccinated and have become positive with little to no affects from the virus itself.

We are not just normal people with healthy bodies and strong reisitance, we are people that are susceptible to diseases such as this. So you can sit that and read all the news you want, and read all the things which support your view. But don;t tell me what is real and what is not real.

I know of no one who had any ill effects from taking the vaccine. The strangest side affect I have witnessed was in myself when I woke up in the middle of the night the day I got it and had extreme chills and severe flu like symptoms for about 5 hours. Then I was fine, things we were told MAY be a side affect.

I am not pro government nor am I pro vaccine. I Am against mandates. I am against masks, (unless we are in the presence of people who are highly susceptible, we need to think and love and serve others, not ourselves.)

All this anti-vax crap, and all this saying the virus is really not severe just because we are trying to fight a government is nonsense. It does not help your case, your fight, or your cause. It hurts it, and it puts so many people at risk of death and severe long term injury due to this virus.

This virus is nothing but the next step in what I see as the birth pangs of matt 24. The. Last few decades has seen one virus after another (h1n1, the bird flue, this virus and that virus) and it is not going to stop. it will get worse. We think this is bad, wait till the next one.

All the conspiracy theories and the anti government hate is not going to prepair us for what is to come. I am thankful people are out there trying to do something to help those who are at risk. Who gives a crap if they make a prophet off of it. That is democracy and capitalism for you.

The lord said there will be days of great tribulation such as never has been seen before. I believe we are headed for those days. The stuff we see today is just a walk in the park compared for what is to come. Scaring people half out of their minds is not going to help. We as the body of Christ should be preaching hope, and love, and tryign to draw as many people to God as we can, especially as that fateful day approaches.

You can’t stop it from coming, No one can. Lets drop the hate, lets drop the division, ets come together. Are there people that should not get the Vacc. yes, Are there people that should take it? yes.

Are there side affect and possible severe issues that may come with it? Yes, That goes with ANY medicine.

Satan wants us divided, It wants us fighting like we are, because it takes focus off christ. And the mission he gave us, which is to go into the world. And to enter the gates of hell and rescue people out of Satans grasp.

When an army fights within itself. It gets defeated. Is that what people want?

Jesus is in control. Do you believe this? If you do, then why are you so afraid? Why are you listing to the fake news? The fake news wants to divide you. Wants to divide us, lets fight this nonsense. And lets go and do the will of God.

Jesus said in matt 245 he who endures till his return will be saved. We have to do what we can to endure. If it means taking something to help us fight off a disease so we can live, then that is what it means.

Any rant over, I stay out of these threads for a reason, I think a lot of them are satanic. Because it is just people who are supposed to be brothers and sisters in christ at war with each other.

Which is exactly what satan wants.
Sir. Not once did I criticize you for getting jabbed. I and my wife have received 2 doses without any ill effects whatsoever. My concern is not with you. It's with a government that flat out lies to the public, repeatedly and without shame, as to the possible harmful effects: the motive for mandating the jab (protecting your family and friends... Nonsense): and the scurrilous way by which they have progressed from swearing it was always voluntary, to inducing businesses and corporations to fire you if you don't get it. That was the gist of my post and was why I believe all people, including yourself, should be very concerned.
I was not arguing whether covid is real or even serious. My post was about the means and methods by which government has gone about this business.
They have lied.
They have manipulated society into a state of unreasonable fear.
They have forbidden known remedies.
They have trashed businesses and individuals of their livelihood.
They have introduced legislation that will never be rescinded that directly impact societies freedoms.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
They have lied.
They have manipulated society into a state of unreasonable fear.
They have forbidden known remedies.
They have trashed businesses and individuals of their livelihood.
They have introduced legislation that will never be rescinded that directly impact societies freedoms.

They have done that and more my friend but on another note have a Merry Christmas and may Gods peace be with you

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I guess I have often gone with ‘ oh my God ‘ as an example….
I did some research on this...so if anyone is interested......"taking the Lord's name in vain" has an interesting history.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I did some research on this...so if anyone is interested......"taking the Lord's name in vain" has an interesting history.
Yes, that would be good, perhaps start a new thread on the subject x

Reactions: Aunty Jane

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What the powers of the world have done to people by this disease is extraordinary.

I cannot believe I am living in a time like this!

In a way I am glad I got Covid and am on the road to recovery. I have natural immunity now: REAL IMMUNITY!

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What the powers of the world have done to people by this disease is extraordinary.

I cannot believe I am living in a time like this!

In a way I am glad I got Covid and am on the road to recovery. I have natural immunity now: REAL IMMUNITY!

It’s good to see you back, I was worried about you when you messaged from the hospital. You know what worried me the most, you said in an earlier post that you were parched. When the outbreak at the carehome happened many of those who died had a really weird cracking on their lips ( it wasn’t like ordinary cracked lips ) it was as if they were really dehydrated ….yet they were being given fluids.
Rita

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And yet natural immunity -- which is indeed real immunity -- was either ignored, or minimized, or dismissed altogether. Does that remind you of one of Aesop's Fables?
The lesson from the Wolf and the Lamb is apropos. "The tyrant can always find an excuse for his tyranny.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s good to see you back, I was worried about you when you messaged from the hospital. You know what worried me the most, you said in an earlier post that you were parched. When the outbreak at the carehome happened many of those who died had a really weird cracking on their lips ( it wasn’t like ordinary cracked lips ) it was as if they were really dehydrated ….yet they were being given fluids.
Rita
Thanks Rita.

Yes, I never felt to dehydrated in my life! But I had to keep getting those fluids in (water/Gatorade).

For a few moments my faith really got tested. But thank God my faith hasn’t faltered.

Reading the Holy Bible and knowing them well is crucial for all Christian’s in times of great trials. I lived through it these past few weeks.

I was really worried and scared at times.

But praise God I feel so much better now!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks Rita.

Yes, I never felt to dehydrated in my life! But I had to keep getting those fluids in (water/Gatorade).

For a few moments my faith really got tested. But thank God my faith hasn’t faltered.

Reading the Holy Bible and knowing them well is crucial for all Christian’s in times of great trials. I lived through it these past few weeks.

I was really worried and scared at times.

But praise God I feel so much better now!

So thankful you are feeling better