Critical Thinking

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fact is that many black people voted for trump and they were all great people who wanted to make a go of it, not the sitting back types just wanting to be sponging off others and not to mention they did bag Obama as a do nothing for blacks, they were not happy at all with his crap and the fact is that Trump has looked after the blacks better than anyone.

It's always the bludgers and no hopers that bag Trump all the time, with a total load of BS not to mention that there form of critical thinking is shallow and very narrow minded.

The fact is, not that many black people voted for Trump. And not many support him now. If they do, they are too scared to admit it due to all the threats form the democratic blacks and minorities.

Stranger

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Critical thinking requires our ability to be metacognitive - thinking about our thinking. Can you step back and evaluate your own thoughts and ideas?

Can you see past your opinions and perceptions in order to gain perspective or are your opinions part of your identity?

In my opinion, the ability to think critically about our beliefs and ideas is incredibly important today because there is so much information flooding our minds.......much of it is propaganda used to support the beliefs of our group/tribe.

Can you evaluate information that seems to support your beliefs? QAnon comes to mind.....
It seems to support positive beliefs about Trump - can you evaluate it from a neutral position?
Is it important to do so?

IMO our tribe, Christianity, wants us to accept the teachings of our specific brand (denomination) without question. This mentality makes it difficult for us to evaluted secular information that seems to support our beliefs - ‘Trump is anti-abortion so he must be the right guy’ - ‘i did the right thing by voting for Trump so he must be the right guy no matter what’ therefore, ‘any criticism of Trump is a personal attack on my group and on me’. This is a dangerous mindset. It allow us to turn off our minds and i believe it can lead to disastrous results for our country and our spirituality. The devil operates in the shadows of our minds....conspiracy theories, propaganda, identity with opinion....

1. Do you value critical thinking?
2. Are you able to evaluate information that seems to support your worldview?
3. Is faith the same as doubling down on your ideas about God? Or, is faith allowing events to unfold, with the hope that God will make everything right?
Faith is the substance of and it's not blind at all.

I would say that people who don't like Trump are very shallow people who's opinions are clouded some what in the way a 5yo would be, they have lived very sheltered lives and just point to injustice blindly, boo hoo type crap, but it's people like this that create most of the problems, just like the greenies they are like watermelons green on the outside and communist red on the inside and easy brainwashed by nonsense.

We have people in Australia that look at the percentage of blacks in jail is higher than whites and they think such is due to racism, they stumble about like a drunk thinking how can that be, it must be racism !
But they have no idea at all what they are talking about, never got about the land much or never had to of dealt with such issues and just come out with a blinded bigoted opinion that you must not challenged for fear of such Nazi types unfounded off with the pixie opinions that make them feel bad. and I am like come and live in this community for 6 months and you will get a dose of reality. I see it with new cops to the area, boy they have all the answers you know, but within 3 months reality sinks in and they find out that they truly had no idea at all.

It's like labours who came and worked for me and started saying what they thought I should do, they thought why don't you just do this or that, well fact is I know much more about such things in depth then they ever will, they are just off with the pixies with shallow opinions, oh they sound ok and sure I understand what they are on about, but it's like talking to a 5yo and they don't understand the big picture, it's like look if I did that I would turn over more $ but my Net $ would be less and end up bankrupt.

Look at the USA it is in debt $20 trillion and you know what, who is the people that are not bothered about such, that's your Democrats and not to mention the far right wing rich criminals who are just milking the system for what they can get out of it, like all morons do.
It should of never got to that debt ever it's insane.
What if they call the chips in like the USA did to Germany in the 1920's just watch inflation kick in and you may end up with 200% inflation like Germany did.
People are just so ignorant of such things that they don't have a clue about what it is that they are truly getting into. foolish people think that they can come the heavy with the banks, no you won't you the nigger and they own your ass, that's what debt is you are enslaved to such.
The USA should not be in debt at all.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you equate 'not being offended' with 'loving everyone'?

(Matt. 5-7) is the Sermon on the Mount. The Sermon on the Mount is the law of the kingdom when Israel is once again the leading nation of God with Jesus Christ literally sitting on the throne in Jerusalem. It is not the law for the Church to follow. One can make application to it, but do not make it a law for the Church.

Matthew 5:19 would opposes and reprove such a notion that you are applying as meaning. Jesus refers to the old covenant on several occasions on how things will be different in the new covenant. Such a comparison cannot be limited from the Church.

Especially when Matthew 5:6 is a prophesy which can be fulfilled for all sinners coming to and believing in Jesus Christ under the new covenant: John 6:35

Yes, we as believers suffer injustice. And the believer has the Spirit of God in him that can give him the ability to endure these sufferings. That doesn't mean if I don't love everyone than I am not a believer. Aspen would have you love everyone or else you are not a believer. He wants you to love all minorities hoping you don't exhibit any kind of resistance to minorities. That way the minorities can be allowed to do what they want which is to undermine the influence of white Christians.

No one is asking you to recompense evil for evil. Just don't be stupid. That is all I am asking. As (Rom. 12:18) says, which you quoted, "...as much as lieth in you live peaceably with all men." Did you see that? "as much as lieth in you". In other words, there is a line in the sand.

Which still does not involve recompensing evil for evil, but simply keeping one's distance. Yeah.. I know how much I need Him to do that.

Well, we are not in the Tribulation at this time. Thus the terms of living and existing for the believer are different.

The times of false prophets leading many astray in these movements of the 'Spirit" is the very tribulation spoke of as happening before the Son of Man comes by which the calamity of fire will happen afterwards that sets up the coming new world order and the mark of the beast system for the hour of temptation that shall try all remaining on the earth.

'Loving your enemies' is for the kingdom rule. Not the Church. See, you missed it on both counts.

Stranger

On the contrary, I see it as happening to you in missing what He is saying in His words, but I cannot convince you of that. Only Jesus Christ can.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith is the substance of and it's not blind at all.

I would say that people who don't like Trump are very shallow people who's opinions are clouded some what in the way a 5yo would be, they have lived very sheltered lives and just point to injustice blindly, boo hoo type crap, but it's people like this that create most of the problems, just like the greenies they are like watermelons green on the outside and communist red on the inside and easy brainwashed by nonsense.

We have people in Australia that look at the percentage of blacks in jail is higher than whites and they think such is due to racism, they stumble about like a drunk thinking how can that be, it must be racism !
But they have no idea at all what they are talking about, never got about the land much or never had to of dealt with such issues and just come out with a blinded bigoted opinion that you must not challenged for fear of such Nazi types unfounded off with the pixie opinions that make them feel bad. and I am like come and live in this community for 6 months and you will get a dose of reality. I see it with new cops to the area, boy they have all the answers you know, but within 3 months reality sinks in and they find out that they truly had no idea at all.

It's like labours who came and worked for me and started saying what they thought I should do, they thought why don't you just do this or that, well fact is I know much more about such things in depth then they ever will, they are just off with the pixies with shallow opinions, oh they sound ok and sure I understand what they are on about, but it's like talking to a 5yo and they don't understand the big picture, it's like look if I did that I would turn over more $ but my Net $ would be less and end up bankrupt.

Look at the USA it is in debt $20 trillion and you know what, who is the people that are not bothered about such, that's your Democrats and not to mention the far right wing rich criminals who are just milking the system for what they can get out of it, like all morons do.
It should of never got to that debt ever it's insane.
What if they call the chips in like the USA did to Germany in the 1920's just watch inflation kick in and you may end up with 200% inflation like Germany did.
People are just so ignorant of such things that they don't have a clue about what it is that they are truly getting into. foolish people think that they can come the heavy with the banks, no you won't you the nigger and they own your ass, that's what debt is you are enslaved to such.
The USA should not be in debt at all.

Classic. You are describing Trump, himself.....no one has been more sheltered. Well, I guess Hilter was Jewish too.....

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 5:19 would opposes and reprove such a notion that you are applying as meaning. Jesus refers to the old covenant on several occasions on how things will be different in the new covenant. Such a comparison cannot be limited from the Church.

Especially when Matthew 5:6 is a prophesy which can be fulfilled for all sinners coming to and believing in Jesus Christ under the new covenant: John 6:35

Which still does not involve recompensing evil for evil, but simply keeping one's distance. Yeah.. I know how much I need Him to do that.

The times of false prophets leading many astray in these movements of the 'Spirit" is the very tribulation spoke of as happening before the Son of Man comes by which the calamity of fire will happen afterwards that sets up the coming new world order and the mark of the beast system for the hour of temptation that shall try all remaining on the earth.

On the contrary, I see it as happening to you in missing what He is saying in His words, but I cannot convince you of that. Only Jesus Christ can.

I don't know what you are trying to say. The New Covenant was to Israel. (Jer. 31) The law under the Millennial reign is also to Israel. (Matt. 5-7), or the Sermon on the Mount. The Church is not under the law of the Millennial rule. The Church does receive the blessings of the New Covenant, yet does not replace Israel's need and promise to receive the New Covenant. Which they have not yet.

You say a believer should not recompense evil for evil, yet should keep ones distance. What does that mean? When God flooded the earth and killed all but 8 souls, was that evil for evil?

Well, you and I disagree what the Tribulation is.

If you can't convince me, what good is your words?

Stranger

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know what you are trying to say. The New Covenant was to Israel. (Jer. 31) The law under the Millennial reign is also to Israel. (Matt. 5-7), or the Sermon on the Mount. The Church is not under the law of the Millennial rule. The Church does receive the blessings of the New Covenant, yet does not replace Israel's need and promise to receive the New Covenant. Which they have not yet.

There is only one gospel in order to join under the New Covenant and both Jews and Greek ( or Gentiles ) are responding to the same gospel and as for following Him as His disciples, those commandments apply by looking to Him for help in following Him.

You say a believer should not recompense evil for evil, yet should keep ones distance. What does that mean? When God flooded the earth and killed all but 8 souls, was that evil for evil?

Vengeance belongs to the Lord and He did it. Not Noah and his family.

Well, you and I disagree what the Tribulation is.

Seems apparent.

If you can't convince me, what good is your words?

Stranger

None. Which is why I rely on God to cause the increase, brother.

Last edited:

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Gospel is believe. Your gospel is love everyone. Which you do not do.

Stranger

Believing requires action. You must respond to your knowledge by loving others. There is simply no way around it. You don’t get to decide who you love even if they are minorities......

It is astounding that you have written out love from Christianity.....it is even more remarkable than believing America is not a country of immigrants.....oh, wait

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To JesusIsFaithful concerning your post #46

Sounds good but explains nothing. As I said, the New Covenant was to Israel. The law under the millennial reign was to Israel. The Church is not Israel. In other words, don't try and place the church under the law, be it Mosaic Law or Millennium Law.

My point was, was God's destruction of the world by the flood evil?

Stranger

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believing requires action. You must respond to your knowledge by loving others. There is simply no way around it. You don’t get to decide who you love even if they are minorities......

It is astounding that you have written out love from Christianity.....it is even more remarkable than believing America is not a country of immigrants.....oh, wait

You preach love but you hate. You want others to love you...for your gain. But you hate others.

Actually, I do get to decide who I love or hate. Don't you 'hate' that?

I haven't written love out of Christianity. Love is always with direction.

Believing America is a country of pioneers, not immigrants. Immigrants came later after the pioneers paid the cost and paved the road for them.

Stranger

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Classic. You are describing Trump, himself.....no one has been more sheltered. Well, I guess Hilter was Jewish too.....
Trump sheltered ?

Hitler was of Jewish line 3 times removed from such and everyone knows that, if you bother to look into it.
So Hitler's laws in his Germany stated that people of a believing practicing Jewish faith was. so that if your mum or dad did not practice such and that your Grandmother Granddad did not practice such then no law applied to you, so that let Hitler off the hook.

But you know what the Jews had been coming into Germany for 2000 years and the Germans were the most populated people of Jewish line on earth, so when you look into it most Germans pre WW2 had a Jewish blood line of some degree and that's why they were the smartest people on earth, because Jews value education that was there culture, you don't see goyim value education like Jews did or do, because they can't think for themselves and never invent jack and are backwards and easy indoctrinated. if it was not for the Jews you lot would still be back in the horse and buggy days.
But them Jews for 2000 years mainly just blended into with the Germans and they became Christians.
But now some were totally bigoted type of Jews that looked down totally on all others and did not want to blend in at all, some would not even talk to Goyim and there kids were not allowed to go near a goyim. the most viol raciest people on earth they were and such were making great money out of Slavery and Banking ripping off the foolish goyim as much as they could, they had no God but that of Satan, just like Jesus said of them, they were Anti-Christ so there Law was such as that of Satan and not of God but of the Talmud whore just a man made works madness.
And now we have the same type of pox destroying the Christian Church that does not truly look to Jesus Christ any more and now is peddling a mans works religion claiming to be passing themselves off as Christian and the fact is that they clearly are not about Jesus Christ at all, but worship false gods and something they think is Jewish for what is truly just Satanic filth and Idolising a race, for crying out loud how stupid. they do not know that it's only one that they should seek and that is and always was Jesus Christ, not man at all.

The new age Satanist tempt people into idolising a so called race claiming to be Jews and have turned away from Christ Jesus, so why the turn away, well the answer must be that such people are not Born Again, so they do not have the Holy Spirit and they are lost and looking for another.

Listen if you knew Jesus Christ why would you look to something that is not Jesus Christ, but clearly only an Anti-Christ and they openly say such.
I can't believe just how foolish people can be.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You preach love but you hate. You want others to love you...for your gain. But you hate others.

Actually, I do get to decide who I love or hate. Don't you 'hate' that?

I haven't written love out of Christianity. Love is always with direction.

Believing America is a country of pioneers, not immigrants. Immigrants came later after the pioneers paid the cost and paved the road for them.

Stranger
Nothing wrong with immigrants, my mum was an immigrant to Australia but she came to become an Australian like all the people who came back in the 1950's they came to give it a go and they fitted in because they wanted to fit in.
But there is a great difference between them people back in the day and a lot of the trash that comes in not wanting to fit in at all or become an Aussie, but just rat bags sponging off the system and have no regard for our culture.
Islam is a backward culture that only looks down on all and want's to dominate where ever they go. but there are good people among them for sure and I know them and they warn others about that type full on, they know them well and what they are all about.

One of the things the Government is doing is that they are using a foolish system, of Political Correctness to guide them, with rubbish like they can not pre judge so it's just open slather who comes in mainly, like the negroes who come in, we are like fine with the Christian ones but we get more of the Islamic ones, they can not be discriminated against, is what they peddle dominating over us and we say we don't want trouble makers coming into our Nation and PC Big bro says put up and shut up we don't give a cracked what you want, you are going to get trash dumped into your Nation weather you like it of not, you have no rights to your boarders and your vote means nothing to the New World Order who are a Zionist Nazi dictatorship of just Satanic pricks.

Reactions: Helen

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds good but explains nothing. As I said, the New Covenant was to Israel. The law under the millennial reign was to Israel. The Church is not Israel. In other words, don't try and place the church under the law, be it Mosaic Law or Millennium Law.

Pray tell, is the rest of the world gonna be Israel during the millennium reign too? Seems there is only one way to become a son of God under the New Covenant, even for "Israel" in the millennium reign.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

My point was, was God's destruction of the world by the flood evil?

Stranger

The global flood was the evil that had happened to the world, so in that respect, yes, but God is not evil. Punishment is hardly seen as a reward.

Isaiah 45:6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the Lord, and there is none else. 7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things. 8 Drop down, ye heavens, from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness: let the earth open, and let them bring forth salvation, and let righteousness spring up together; I the Lord have created it.

Since the devil has to have God's permission to do evil to Job in the Book of Job, then the same can be said for any evil happening in our lives, but the reality of the world we live in thru good times and bad times is that Jesus Christ is still Lord, and we can turn to Him to help us through the bad times.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pray tell, is the rest of the world gonna be Israel during the millennium reign too? Seems there is only one way to become a son of God under the New Covenant, even for "Israel" in the millennium reign.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

I recall their being neither jew nor gentile in Gods kingdom, only saints. You are either a son of God or you are not. I don't recall there being two different new covenants for Jews or gentiles either, its made up as far as I'm considered.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The global flood was the evil that had happened to the world, so in that respect, yes, but God is not evil. Punishment is hardly seen as a reward.

Isaiah 45:6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the Lord, and there is none else. 7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things. 8 Drop down, ye heavens, from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness: let the earth open, and let them bring forth salvation, and let righteousness spring up together; I the Lord have created it.

Since the devil has to have God's permission to do evil to Job in the Book of Job, then the same can be said for any evil happening in our lives, but the reality of the world we live in thru good times and bad times is that Jesus Christ is still Lord, and we can turn to Him to help us through the bad times.

During the millennium all are under the direct rule and reign of Jesus Christ. All of Israel is saved and the nations are saved. Satan is bound and not allowed to roam the earth. It is then that Israel comes under the laws of the kingdom That is a big difference in the way God rules on the earth.

As to (John 1:12), the comparison is not correct. And that is the problem. People try and make (Matt. 5-7) the way the Christian is saved and it is not. Salvation is always faith in Jesus Christ. 'aspens' salvation is not about faith in Christ, but some sort of loving and transformation.

As I have said earlier, the believer, because he has the Holy Spirit, can reflect the conduct described under the Sermon on the Mount. But they are not a law for him to walk under.

Stranger

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I recall their being neither jew nor gentile in Gods kingdom, only saints. You are either a son of God or you are not. I don't recall there being two different new covenants for Jews or gentiles either, its made up as far as I'm considered.

So we are in agreement against Stranger's application of the Sermon on the Mount being only for Israel during the Millennium reign.

Reactions: Dcopymope

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
During the millennium all are under the direct rule and reign of Jesus Christ. All of Israel is saved and the nations are saved. Satan is bound and not allowed to roam the earth. It is then that Israel comes under the laws of the kingdom That is a big difference in the way God rules on the earth.

Matthew 5:6 prophesied a promise. How is that promise fulfilled in the new? By coming to and believing in Jesus Christ as declared in John 6:35.

So everything in that Sermon on the Mount applies to all believers in Jesus Christ as Jesus compares how it was under the Old Covenant to how it will be for every body under the New Covenant; and I do point out that converts were made to Judaism under the Old Covenant which has to include foreign Gentiles that become Jews for why it applies to everybody now in seeking to be a son of God under the New Covenant; and not just Israel.

As to (John 1:12), the comparison is not correct. And that is the problem. People try and make (Matt. 5-7) the way the Christian is saved and it is not. Salvation is always faith in Jesus Christ. 'aspens' salvation is not about faith in Christ, but some sort of loving and transformation.

You left out verse 13 of John 1:12 on how one is born again of the Spirit as being an act of God, rather than an act of man.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

As for applying Matthew 5th-7th chapters as a mans for the way a christian is saved, then those who apply that to mean that are wrong when the fulfillment of the promise as prophesied in Matthew 5:6 is fulfilled by coming to and believing in Jesus Christ and all those commandments for following Him as His disciples are just for that.. in being His disciples BECAUSE in Matthew 5:19, if they break one of His commandments, guess what? They are still in His kingdom, but judged as the least. Who are the least? The vessels unto dishonor that did not depart from iniquity when the Bridegroom had come for why they are in His kingdom as resurrected after the great tribulation in serving the King of kings all over the world in that millennium reign.

Matthew 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Now read the next verse.

20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

How is that done? By His righteousness by believing in Him.

So those commandments He teaches in the Sermon on the Mount are for how saved believers will be judged in how they shall be received in His kingdom; at the Marriage Supper as vessel unto honor as being of the greats in the kingdom of God or the least as vessels unto dishonor by being castaways to be received later on after the great tribulation into that Kingdom of Heaven. Those vessels unto honor are entering in because Jesus is in them for it is His righteousness for seeing the Son as left behind and believing in Him is why they will enter therein along with new believers.

As I have said earlier, the believer, because he has the Holy Spirit, can reflect the conduct described under the Sermon on the Mount. But they are not a law for him to walk under.

Stranger

They are not laws for obtaining salvation by; but they are His commandments for following Him as His disciples and this is not done by their merit nor will power since entering into His kingdom of Heaven is by His righteousness alone, and thus following Him is by His power before He comes again.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 5:6 prophesied a promise. How is that promise fulfilled in the new? By coming to and believing in Jesus Christ as declared in John 6:35.

So everything in that Sermon on the Mount applies to all believers in Jesus Christ as Jesus compares how it was under the Old Covenant to how it will be for every body under the New Covenant; and I do point out that converts were made to Judaism under the Old Covenant which has to include foreign Gentiles that become Jews for why it applies to everybody now in seeking to be a son of God under the New Covenant; and not just Israel.

You left out verse 13 of John 1:12 on how one is born again of the Spirit as being an act of God, rather than an act of man.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

As for applying Matthew 5th-7th chapters as a mans for the way a christian is saved, then those who apply that to mean that are wrong when the fulfillment of the promise as prophesied in Matthew 5:6 is fulfilled by coming to and believing in Jesus Christ and all those commandments for following Him as His disciples are just for that.. in being His disciples BECAUSE in Matthew 5:19, if they break one of His commandments, guess what? They are still in His kingdom, but judged as the least. Who are the least? The vessels unto dishonor that did not depart from iniquity when the Bridegroom had come for why they are in His kingdom as resurrected after the great tribulation in serving the King of kings all over the world in that millennium reign.

Matthew 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Now read the next verse.

20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

How is that done? By His righteousness by believing in Him.

So those commandments He teaches in the Sermon on the Mount are for how saved believers will be judged in how they shall be received in His kingdom; at the Marriage Supper as vessel unto honor as being of the greats in the kingdom of God or the least as vessels unto dishonor by being castaways to be received later on after the great tribulation into that Kingdom of Heaven. Those vessels unto honor are entering in because Jesus is in them for it is His righteousness for seeing the Son as left behind and believing in Him is why they will enter therein along with new believers.

They are not laws for obtaining salvation by; but they are His commandments for following Him as His disciples and this is not done by their merit nor will power since entering into His kingdom of Heaven is by His righteousness alone, and thus following Him is by His power before He comes again.

You ignore the conditions of the millennial rule and those of now.

The blessings or 'beattitudes' in (Matt. 5:3-11) can be descriptive of believers at any time. But Jesus is giving them in (Matt. 5-7) with the millennial kingdom in view. Also called in (Matthew) 'the kingdom of heaven'. This Sermon on the Mount is total Law, and even more strict than the Mosaic Law. When Jesus in (5:20) says "...except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the Scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.", He is still describing their duty under law. And He then gives stricter law to do and obey. Not only did you break the Law, but did you want to.

Of course we know, as you show in (John) that the New Birth is necessary for that righteousness to be obtained. But that is not Christ's emphasis with the Sermon on the Mount. The Church learns about 'faith' and 'grace' and the 'new birth', and how the believer is to act from the epistles of Paul and others. We can always go to the Mosaic Law and say that is what we should be like. There is nothing wrong with the Law. But that doesn't help the believer in Christ. Same is true with the Sermon on the Mount.

Jesus came preaching the kingdom. That kingdom is the one promised to Israel where she will be the light of the world, and a ministering nation to all other nations on earth, with Jesus Christ her King ruling and reigning in Jerusalem. The Gospel of Matthew is the Gospel of that Kingdom, which is called by him, the kingdom of heaven.

So, yes you can make application to the believer in Christ concerning the Sermon on the Mount. But you cannot place it as a law for the believer today as part of the Church, to walk under.

Stranger

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:) Yes agreed, it would be oftly convenient for any bigot if the sermon on the mount didn't apply to them.

I don't think Stranger is a bigot even though he believes the Sermon on the Mount does not apply to him. Believers can be in error without being a bigot, even those some believers are in error by being a bigot.