Critical Thinking

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So the kingdom of heaven is not heaven to you? Okay. Seeing how He and His righteousness can only bring us to God and Heaven, then those who start out the millennium reign are saved believers in being resurrected in coming out of the great tribulation, yes or no?

I understand the part of the coming generations during the millennium reign BUT His instructions in the beatitudes in how to respond to evil would be moot for living in the millennium reign when He will put any evil down immediately, capisce? Therefore the instructions for the beatitudes are for the living before the great tribulation and before the millennium reign of Christ in suffering evil in the lives we are living now before the pre great trib rapture.

Course, I look to Him to help me to follow Him since those instructions are higher than the works of the law which is why I live by faith in Him that He will help me to follow Him since I know I cannot by my own will power or merit. That is the only way I have been able to get to know Him and the power of His resurrection when I see Him in me helping me to follow Him as the beatitudes does confirm which is also by the grace of God.

As I said, the kingdom of heaven in the book of (Matthew) speaks to the millennium. And the millennium is not heaven. Yes, those at the beginning of the millennium are saved. The saved of Israel, and the saved of the nations.

Those in the millennium will still have sin in themselves. Thus the desires of the beatitudes are applicable to them.

Yes, we are declared righteous by God because of our faith in Christ. Done deal. We now have a walk in this world and life whereby we grow. And the beatitudes can be applied to us also because we too are the people of God.

Stranger

Reactions: JesusIsFaithful

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I said, the kingdom of heaven in the book of (Matthew) speaks to the millennium. And the millennium is not heaven. Yes, those at the beginning of the millennium are saved. The saved of Israel, and the saved of the nations.

Those in the millennium will still have sin in themselves. Thus the desires of the beatitudes are applicable to them.

I believe what I was trying to defend or prove was below in your quote.

Yes, we are declared righteous by God because of our faith in Christ. Done deal. We now have a walk in this world and life whereby we grow. And the beatitudes can be applied to us also because we too are the people of God.

Stranger

In that, we are in agreement, thanks to the Lord Jesus Christ.

B

brakelite

Because this thread began as a discussion on critical thinking, I think it appropriate to challenge your theory above because there is no specific scripture anywhere in the Bible that suggests the 1000 years of earth after the second coming is about life on earth. For anyone. So critical thinking demands we look for clues as to what really takes place during that time.
I would like to make several points regarding this.
  • Jesus does not come to the earth, touch down so to speak, until the New Jerusalem arrives at the end of the millennium. Scripture describes the second coming, but God's people meet Him in the air...not on the surface of the planet.
  • All the wicked are destroyed with the brightness of His coming. All of them. Every single last sinner dies.
  • This leaves only the redeemed as survivors. The final harvest saved, while the tares and rubbish is discarded. That final harvest remains with Christ, wherever He is...and its not on earth, because
  • Jer 4:23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.4:24 I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.
  • Jer. 25:31 A noise shall come even to the ends of the earth; for the LORD hath a controversy with the nations, he will plead with all flesh; he will give them that are wicked to the sword, saith the LORD.
    32 Thus saith the LORD of hosts, Behold, evil shall go forth from nation to nation, and a great whirlwind shall be raised up from the coasts of the earth.
    33 And the slain of the LORD shall be at that day from one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth: they shall not be lamented, neither gathered, nor buried; they shall be dung upon the ground.
  • Isaiah 24:19 The earth is utterly broken down, the earth is clean dissolved, the earth is moved exceedingly.
    20 The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.
    21 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the LORD shall punish the host of the high ones that are on high, and the kings of the earth upon the earth.
    22 And they shall be gathered together, as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison, and after many days shall they be visited.
  • The above texts, and others besides, describe an earth utterly and completely broken, empty, and uninhabitable. Every city will be flattened by the hail and earthquakes of the final plagues. Nuclear reactors will be constantly spewing forth their contaminated and poisonous residues. Vegetation throughout the earth will be devastated by fire. What survives the fires will be unusable. No animals, no birds, no fish of the sea will survive. Great fissures from the earthquakes will be spread across the globe. Mountains collapsed, islands sunk, plains scarred and ruined. Such the earth shall remain until the end of the millennium, when the lake of fire spreads across the planet cleaning it of the filth of the previous 7000 years, then, and only then, will a new heavens and a new earth be created.
  • The focus on Israel as the culmination of prophecy and the center of worship during the millennium is a hoax and a myth promulgated by those whose interests it is to hide the truth of the true identity of the antichrist, true Babylon, and true Israel.
  • In prophecy literal local old testament powers find their counterparts in spiritual global powers after Christ. Literal local pagan Rome becomes spiritual global papal Rome. Local literal Israel in prophecy becomes a global spiritual Israel. Local literal Babylon becomes global spiritual Babylon. Local literal Egypt becomes global atheism. Literal local Euphrates which was the life-blood of literal Babylon, in the NT becomes the spiritual support by people, nations and tongues for spiritual Babylon, which dries up before the second coming. Literal local former, latter rains and the harvest become outpourings of the holy Spirit, the former rain (Pentecost); latter rain (to come) and harvest of souls at the second coming. And finally, the literal local 7th day Sabbath is celebrated in the millennium by 1000 year spiritual rest for the entire planet.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because this thread began as a discussion on critical thinking, I think it appropriate to challenge your theory above because there is no specific scripture anywhere in the Bible that suggests the 1000 years of earth after the second coming is about life on earth. For anyone. So critical thinking demands we look for clues as to what really takes place during that time.
I would like to make several points regarding this.

If you want to discuss what the millennium is then start a thread in Eschatology section. I will gladly participate. But, don't start off with a barrage of your 'clues' which most are a subject themselves.

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Local literal Egypt becomes global atheism
prolly not atheism i guess, but i'm not sure what word to put there, double stronghold or distress, stronghold of distress maybe, something to do with relying on a king for truth too; like we mostly do now maybe. God loved the Egyptians, pretty sure not atheist
"In the Hebrew Bible the country of Egypt is always denoted by the name Mizraim..." link embedded

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...there is no specific scripture anywhere in the Bible that suggests the 1000 years of earth after the second coming is about life on earth..
Evidently you have failed to study Revelation 20 carefully. Please note what is says in Rev 20:3:

And cast him [Satan] into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

So, we need to ask ourselves some pointed and pertinent questions in order to establish -- without the shadow of a doubt -- that the Millennial reign of Christ is indeed on earth.

1. Is Satan presently deceiving the nations? Absolutely
2. Will he deceive them even more intensely during the 3 1/2 year reign of the Antichrist? Absolutely
3. Are the nations located on the earth? Absolutely
4. And is Satan bound for 1,000 years for the very purpose of NOT deceiving the nations on earth? Absolutely
5. And during this time do Christ and His saints reign on the earth? Absolutely.
6. And is it not necessary that while Christ is reigning on earth, "the god of this world" is locked up and chained so that he cannot deceive the nations? Absolutely.

Unless Christians are prepared to carefully study Scripture, they can also be deceived by Satan.

Which brings us back to critical thinking.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte
B

brakelite

prolly not atheism i guess, but i'm not sure what word to put there, double stronghold or distress, stronghold of distress maybe, something to do with relying on a king for truth too; like we mostly do now maybe. God loved the Egyptians, pretty sure not atheist
"In the Hebrew Bible the country of Egypt is always denoted by the name Mizraim..." link embedded
Yes, I suppose we could more liken Egypt to idolatry, considering they worshiped most things that moved or whistled/ including pharaoh. And it took a wee while for the sons of Israel to decamp. Atheism began its state sanctioned existence in France, with the French revolution. So perhaps there may not be any OT type for atheism. As a system of unbelief, prophecy suggests it is overcome by the enforced religion of the last days...Daniel 11:39-40. As you suggested, the final spiritual movements on the earth will have their kings. King of the North...Papacy. King of the south...atheism. And after America dethrones the constitution, they also will have a king.

B

brakelite

1. Is Satan presently deceiving the nations? Absolutely
Agreed. But you can add the church also.

2. Will he deceive them even more intensely during the 3 1/2 year reign of the Antichrist? Absolutely
What 3 1/2 years reign of antichrist?

3. Are the nations located on the earth? Absolutely
Agreed.

4. And is Satan bound for 1,000 years for the very purpose of NOT deceiving the nations on earth? Absolutely
Very difficult to deceive anyone, nations included, when there is no-one here.

5. And during this time do Christ and His saints reign on the earth? Absolutely.
Chapter and verse please.

6. And is it not necessary that while Christ is reigning on earth, "the god of this world" is locked up and chained so that he cannot deceive the nations? Absolutely.
Christ will never reign on earth...He gives all His authority back to His Father. When Jesus returns as King of Kings, it isn't to set up His kingdom here, it is to destroy those kingdoms which have usurped His authority. Remember that rock that crushes the toes of the statue in Daniel 2? There are no nations surviving that. They are turned to powder. When He comes, it is to take His bride home. Jesus doesn't touch down on the earth physically until the end of the 1000 years when He returns again with the holy city.
Those nations the devil deceives again at the end of the 1000 years are the wicked who have been raised to face judgment. The second resurrection...all of whom will face the second death. Gog and Magog are not nations which have been going about their business under Christ's personal reign on earth. How could such be deceived? Easy, they died in deception...they will be raised with the same mindset. They surround the city because they believe an attack on the city and taking over the throne of God is their only hope. Desperate and terrified they are facing God for the first time after a life in denial and rebellion. These are not people who have lived under and met personally the Creator. I know your theory is popular, but it makes no sense whatsoever.
How can anyone live on an uninhabitable polluted poisoned ruined planet?

B

brakelite

The 1000 years, otherwise known as the "millenium" is spoken of in scripture with reference to the resurrection only. The first at the beginning of the 1000 years, that being for the righteous, the second for the wicked at the end of the 1000 years. Anything else that goes on in between is man's interpolation.
That phrase, bottomless pit, is in the Greek the precise same word 'abyss' , the same word used for the earth before creation...'darkness was upon the face of the deep'. If the entire planet is plunged into darkness (The heavens above be black Jer.4:28) and a complete and utter ruin (desolate Jer. 4:27) then Satan will most certainly be bound by a chain of circumstances (you cannot literally chain a spirit) and cannot tempt the nations anymore because everyone who wasn't saved is dead, and the rest are in heaven. (Yet I will not make a full end Jer. 4:27) will be fulfilled with the creation of the new heavens and the new earth. Do you recognize the typology? Peter said to the Lord a 1000 years is as a day....6 days of creation after a period of darkness and lifeless desolation then a day of rest. 6000 years of labor has rendered this planet tired and dying. Even scientists know this. The earth has not celebrated its sabbaths as the law asked.

Exodus 23:10 ¶ And six years thou shalt sow thy land, and shalt gather in the fruits thereof:
11 But the seventh year thou shalt let it rest and lie still; that the poor of thy people may eat: and what they leave the beasts of the field shall eat. In like manner thou shalt deal with thy vineyard, and with thy oliveyard.
It has had no opportunity to replenish itself. God Himself is going to see His law honored, and is going to rest His land for the final 1000 years. It will be left dormant, then after the New Jerusalem descends from heaven onto the earth (and flattens the Mount of Olives), the wicked are raised and the devil manages to convince them that attacking the city and defeating God!! Himself is their only hope (and it is...sort of if any hope can be found in that proposition...the hope of the desperate I suppose). However that said, I am sure Satan has more weapons at his disposal than an expectation just to trow rocks at the walls. Nuclear weapons maybe?

9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
That same fire, which will obviously encompass the entire planet, will destroy every last remains of pollution, and ruins left from the previous occupations, and the new heavens and earth will be raised from the destruction. Malachi 4:3 And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the LORD of hosts.

Let me tell you one thing more, of great importance. Those people you know, who aren't truly 'wicked', will not get a second chance in the millenium. Their opportunity...their probation...is now. There is no opportunity after the second coming. Before Jesus returns, it is declared in heaven, 10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.
11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
20 ¶ He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.
21 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

B

brakelite

hmm. seems like there would almost have to be? Babylon maybe
Babel began with a people attempting to build a tower to avoid the repercussions of another flood. They believed in God alright, but thought they could outwit him. Fail.
But I will think on that some more. There are some prophecies in revelation that point to France... Not obvious of course but there nevertheless so long as you don't take revelation to literally. (Revel. 11)
As for OT type... Thinking...

Reactions: bbyrd009
B

brakelite

Atheism didn't start in a vacuum. The Genesis of communism was in the French revolution, which was itself a powerful rejection of papal and royal despotism. Along with Jesuit intrigue to reinstall their order. Perhaps there is an OT example of that rejection and state glorification of reason ... Which could bring my is back to Babel. Mmmm

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What 3 1/2 years reign of antichrist?
REVELATION 13
4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months. [42 months = 3 1/2 years]

6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Chapter and verse please.
REVELATION 20

1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison...

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hmm. seems like there would almost have to be? Babylon maybe
What is atheism? No God? Or perhaps it is when man has completely replaced God with himself. Adam and Eve started that in Eden when they started on their own journey according to their own limits rather than God's. God was not completely out the picture for them but as we read through the OT we see people moving further and further away from Him and toward themselves. They invented their own gods and worshipped their own gods, but ultimately were they not moving closer and closer to eliminating even those gods of stone and metal and leaving nothing but themselves?

You mention Babylon, but Babylon is simply confusion. Man without God is ultimately confused. He keeps on building his own towers towards heaven, but he doesn't even really know what or where heaven is. He has built this supposedly highly advanced civilization with emphasis on the ones with the most complex technologies and systems and yet what is the focal point?

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
What is atheism? No God? Or perhaps it is when man has completely replaced God with himself. Adam and Eve started that in Eden when they started on their own journey according to their own limits rather than God's. God was not completely out the picture for them but as we read through the OT we see people moving further and further away from Him and toward themselves. They invented their own gods and worshipped their own gods, but ultimately were they not moving closer and closer to eliminating even those gods of stone and metal and leaving nothing but themselves?

You mention Babylon, but Babylon is simply confusion. Man without God is ultimately confused. He keeps on building his own towers towards heaven, but he doesn't even really know what or where heaven is. He has built this supposedly highly advanced civilization with emphasis on the ones with the most complex technologies and systems and yet what is the focal point?

This looks right, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. "I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God; I will also sit on the mount of the congregation On the farthest sides of the north; I will ascend above the heights of the clouds, I will be like the Most High.’"

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So back to the topic:

Critical thinking requires our ability to be metacognitive - thinking about our thinking. Can you step back and evaluate your own thoughts and ideas?

Can you see past your opinions and perceptions in order to gain perspective or are your opinions part of your identity?

In my opinion, the ability to think critically about our beliefs and ideas is incredibly important today because there is so much information flooding our minds.......much of it is propaganda used to support the beliefs of our group/tribe.

Can you evaluate information that seems to support your beliefs? QAnon comes to mind.....
It seems to support positive beliefs about Trump - can you evaluate it from a neutral position?
Is it important to do so?

IMO our tribe, Christianity, wants us to accept the teachings of our specific brand (denomination) without question. This mentality makes it difficult for us to evaluted secular information that seems to support our beliefs - ‘Trump is anti-abortion so he must be the right guy’ - ‘i did the right thing by voting for Trump so he must be the right guy no matter what’ therefore, ‘any criticism of Trump is a personal attack on my group and on me’. This is a dangerous mindset. It allow us to turn off our minds and i believe it can lead to disastrous results for our country and our spirituality. The devil operates in the shadows of our minds....conspiracy theories, propaganda, identity with opinion....

1. Do you value critical thinking?
2. Are you able to evaluate information that seems to support your worldview?
3. Is faith the same as doubling down on your ideas about God? Or, is faith allowing events to unfold, with the hope that God will make everything right?

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
So back to the topic:

Critical thinking requires our ability to be metacognitive - thinking about our thinking. Can you step back and evaluate your own thoughts and ideas?

Can you see past your opinions and perceptions in order to gain perspective or are your opinions part of your identity?

In my opinion, the ability to think critically about our beliefs and ideas is incredibly important today because there is so much information flooding our minds.......much of it is propaganda used to support the beliefs of our group/tribe.

Can you evaluate information that seems to support your beliefs? QAnon comes to mind.....
It seems to support positive beliefs about Trump - can you evaluate it from a neutral position?
Is it important to do so?

IMO our tribe, Christianity, wants us to accept the teachings of our specific brand (denomination) without question. This mentality makes it difficult for us to evaluted secular information that seems to support our beliefs - ‘Trump is anti-abortion so he must be the right guy’ - ‘i did the right thing by voting for Trump so he must be the right guy no matter what’ therefore, ‘any criticism of Trump is a personal attack on my group and on me’. This is a dangerous mindset. It allow us to turn off our minds and i believe it can lead to disastrous results for our country and our spirituality. The devil operates in the shadows of our minds....conspiracy theories, propaganda, identity with opinion....

1. Do you value critical thinking?
2. Are you able to evaluate information that seems to support your worldview?
3. Is faith the same as doubling down on your ideas about God? Or, is faith allowing events to unfold, with the hope that God will make everything right?

1. Yes
2. Yes, but granted anything running counter to my worldview will require a higher standard of proof. Being able to work something into one's world view is no proof either, because people have an amazing ability to interpret things to suit themselves.
3. I would agree with the latter, because our faith is tested and we should not deny the reality of what we see with our own eyes. What choice do we have but to keep going even if temporarily confused.

Further I would add that critical thinking requires one to judge all new information against their current understanding. If this directly conflicts with one's world view it should be investigated.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct for why it also applies to Stranger.

I have been. I admit that I do not pray for all of them or prayed as much for the ones that I had. I recall praying for them all in general that have been my enemies to help me forgive them so to stop being tempted to think about them and be hateful and malicious, but Jesus Christ in me is the only One that helps me to do that. It certainly not in my flesh to do it which is why I am glad He is my Good Shepherd ans that He is in me and with me always.

I don't believe there are any exceptions in the Sermon on the Mount about praying for everyone. The casting pearls before swine is about preaching the gospel to sinners that have already told you before hand that they do not want to hear it. That is why the following verses has Jesus speaking of those that seek as the promise is to those that seek Him, they shall find, and those are the ones we should be especially ready to give an answer to.

1 Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear: 16 Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.

Actually, if that ever happens, that will not be the Holy Spirit because He dwells in you by faith in Jesus Christ ever since your salvation when you had first believed in Him at the calling of the gospel.

More than likely, you will be grieved as the Holy Spirit is grieved when you resist a prompting by Him to pray for someone you don't like.

He grieved me towards another matter when I said something about never finding love in this life, and one of the girls in the warehouse expressed an "awww..." in genuine compassion, but yet I did not believe her compassion as genuine as I was walking away to do something else in the warehouse, and for some reason the Holy Spirit was grieved & thus grieved me for not believing her.

As it turned out... and there really is no way for me to prove this to you, the Holy Spirit brought into remembrance the many dreams and nightmares I had about her and my life in the state I am living in now since I was a tot living in another state. The dreams and nightmares did not say I was supposed to wind up with her, but I would be with her in Heaven as the first dream I had about her was being joyful in seeing her there because she had said something that had made me doubt she was really a believer which this girl did in real life when she referred to someone's marriage as a piece of paper, making me think she just saying she believes in God just so people would stop preaching to her or something.. my private fear.

It was a personal ordeal going through that time in my life where because of the dreams coming true, the nightmare of her murder was quite worrying me, but she is all right as it is years later from that 1994 ordeal and married to another as prophesied also in those dreams. I guess because of all the persecution and oppression and the betrayal, I would ask the Lord why He had sent me back, since one dream I recalled, I saw my future sins in a book written of me to do in the future and I did not want to be separated from Him. He said "I'll see what I can do.." before He sent me back to this life. And yes, I had a close encounter with death that He had to save me from when I was being strangled by my own bed sheets when I was a tot.

So I am taking Him at His word and trusting Him that I will be found abiding in Him when He comes as the Bridegroom, because I do not want to be separated from Him, even though He would still be dwelling within me and receive me later on after the great tribulation, I do not want that grief.

Anyway, I hold unto His love which is true love that I hope to share with her in Heaven as my beloved baby sister since there is no marrying nor given in marriage at the first fruit of the resurrection. I know fell well that there will be hundredfold brothers, sisters, and mothers in Heaven, but the love I have for her is His love and I believe He has given me that dream to have that love in the hopes of having that joy of being with her in Heaven.

Now I know why the Holy Spirit was grieved within me at the time I was grieved by Him, and so I wait in hope for the Bridegroom coming soon.

This is a cool story, but I'm not responsible for other peoples thoughts and behavior that I'm actually obligated to pray for them at all over it. If someone sets their mind to it, they are going to be the way they are with or without my prayers. I would never request for such a creature to ever pray for me in return either, never in a million years. I wouldn't want such blatant hypocrisy displayed by them in the sight of God anyway. If someone were to ask me if I loved everyone as I love myself, I would say that I respect everyone from a distance, about as much as I respect any enemy. Thats me being honest, more honest than most Christians tend to be on the subject of prayer and "love". This is about as far as it will go with me, and I'm certain that my respect is good enough in the eyes of God. ;)

Last edited:

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a cool story, but I'm not responsible for other peoples thoughts and behavior that I'm actually obligated to pray for them at all over it. If someone sets their mind to it, they are going to be the way they are with or without my prayers. I would never request for such a creature to ever pray for me in return either, never in a million years. I wouldn't want such blatant hypocrisy displayed by them in the sight of God anyway. If someone were to ask me if I loved everyone as I love myself, I would say that I respect everyone from a distance, about as much as I respect any enemy. Thats me being honest, more honest than most Christians tend to be on the subject of prayer and "love". This is about as far as it will go with me, and I'm certain that my respect is good enough in the eyes of God. ;)

When it is on God to cause the increase... I can understand why He would have us pray for the lost; and I do not mean just for the unbelievers either.

His answers to prayers means His intervention: Him changing things and since He can cause the increase in the lost believers and the lost unbelievers, there is no harm in praying for others and even our enemies as we have been instructed to pray for in the Sermon on the Mount.

Matthew 5:43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. 44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; 45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. 46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? 47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? 48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

It does not need to be a drawn out prayer, as if naming each and every individual involved, because the Father knows before you even ask.

Matthew 6:7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. 8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.