Critical Thinking

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think Stranger is a bigot even though he believes the Sermon on the Mount does not apply to him. Believers can be in error without being a bigot, even those some believers are in error by being a bigot.

He makes his bigotry quite clear on a daily basis whenever politics is the subject, thats for damn sure. He is quite proud of it in fact.

Reactions: bbyrd009

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You ignore the conditions of the millennial rule and those of now.

The blessings or 'beattitudes' in (Matt. 5:3-11) can be descriptive of believers at any time. But Jesus is giving them in (Matt. 5-7) with the millennial kingdom in view. Also called in (Matthew) 'the kingdom of heaven'. This Sermon on the Mount is total Law, and even more strict than the Mosaic Law. When Jesus in (5:20) says "...except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the Scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.", He is still describing their duty under law. And He then gives stricter law to do and obey. Not only did you break the Law, but did you want to.

Point being... Matthew 5:20 gave the only requirement in how they can "enter" into that kingdom and the only way any one's righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees is having His righteousness as prophesied in Matthew 5:6 as fulfilled in John 6:35 by coming to & believing in Jesus Christ.

And yet, how does one enter in if they are breaking even the least of His commandments in Matthew 5:19 and still be a part of that kingdom but being known as the least; a judgment wherein that believer can never repent of from being that least? See the conundrum?

So the commandments are for His disciples before the Bridegroom receives them into the kingdom of light as those who break His commandments are those that become vessels unto dishonor for why they are called the least in the kingdom of Heaven as received after the great tribulation.

There are 2 kinds of vessels; one unto honor..as the great and one unto dishonor as the least in 2 Timothy 2:20 as they are both in His House. It is significant to note that the vessels unto honor are the ones that depart from iniquity and thus purge themselves to be received as that vessel unto honor. 2 Timothy 2:21 That is why the call to depart from iniquity is given even to former believers 2 Timothy 2:18-19 to avoid being judged to be called the least in that kingdom of heaven.

So Matthew 5:19 talks about those in His kingdom as judged as such before entering in; and the key of entering in is by His righteousness alone as prophesied in Matthew 5:6 which is fulfilled by coming to and believing in Jesus Christ as stated by Jesus in John 6:35.

Of course we know, as you show in (John) that the New Birth is necessary for that righteousness to be obtained. But that is not Christ's emphasis with the Sermon on the Mount.

It is by that prophesy of Matthew 5:6 which links to how that righteousness is obtained in John 6:35.

The Church learns about 'faith' and 'grace' and the 'new birth', and how the believer is to act from the epistles of Paul and others. We can always go to the Mosaic Law and say that is what we should be like. There is nothing wrong with the Law. But that doesn't help the believer in Christ. Same is true with the Sermon on the Mount.

Jesus was not really talking about the Law in Matthew 5th chapter but what was to become for the saved believers while living on earth. Jesus referred to the Law as the Old Covenant and then referred to how we are to live as saved believers under the New Covenant.

In the millennium reign, let's read what it will be like.

Isaiah 65:17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind. 18 But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy. 19 And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying. 20 There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed. 21 And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them. 22 They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands. 23 They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the Lord, and their offspring with them. 24 And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear. 25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the Lord.

Now how can that be the instruction for those in the millennium reign below?

Matthew 5:38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: 39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also.41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain. 42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away. 43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. 44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Why would any one in the millennium reign smite any one on the cheek when He said no one will hurt nor destroy in all His holy mountain?

Why would any one sue at the law when everything will be provided by the Lord as well as the promise of building something and not another inhabit by civil lawsuit?

Why would ask anything from another for anything?

How can there be any enemies that hate you, despitefully use you, and persecute you in all His holy mountain?

How can the sun rise on the evil and on the good, and rain on the just and on the unjust in the millennium reign?

After the millennium reign, when Satan has been released from the pit for a small season to stage his last rebellion, yeah.. bad things will happen... but during the millennium reign? No. I cannot see how His millennium reign as prophesied in Isaiah 65 and see the Sermon on the Mount to be applicable for the inhabitants to follow in that millennum reign.

The Sermon of the Mount is applicable for saved believers now in how they will be received in the kingdom of heaven as the greats or as the leasts. It is not for salvation, but for abiding in Him which can only be done by looking to the author & finisher of our faith to help us lay aside every weight & sin.

Jesus came preaching the kingdom. That kingdom is the one promised to Israel where she will be the light of the world, and a ministering nation to all other nations on earth, with Jesus Christ her King ruling and reigning in Jerusalem. The Gospel of Matthew is the Gospel of that Kingdom, which is called by him, the kingdom of heaven.

We are to be the light of the world now.

So, yes you can make application to the believer in Christ concerning the Sermon on the Mount. But you cannot place it as a law for the believer today as part of the Church, to walk under.

Stranger

Only Jesus can show you that His commandments is not done as those that were under the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ as our Good Shepherd.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He makes his bigotry quite clear on a daily basis whenever politics is the subject, thats for damn sure. He is quite proud of it in fact.

Well, I am unaware of it and I have not see it in the postings I have read by him yet.

If you had seen it, then pray for him as we ought to.. like the Sermon on the Mount teaches us to. I'll send up a prayer too.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I am unaware of it and I have not see it in the postings I have read by him yet.

If you had seen it, then pray for him as we ought to.. like the Sermon on the Mount teaches us to. I'll send up a prayer too.

You referring to this scripture here?

(Matthew 5:43-48) "¶ Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. {44} But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; {45} That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. {46} For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? {47} And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? {48} Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."

"Pray for them that despite fully use you and persecute you"

default_hmm.gif
This is interpreted by many to mean pray for everyone. But no one here has ever used me out of contempt, or persecuted me, so I have no reason to be praying for them for this reason alone. I don't know the guy and I don't particularly care for him. He claims to be a believer, so that will be between him and God. As Jesus once said, not everyone proclaiming his name will enter into his kingdom. He also stated in his sermon to not cast my pearls before swine, and before dogs. There are a few dogs on here that I most certainly will not be casting my prayers for. The Holy Spirit will have to descend upon me like a dove commanding me to do it for that to happen.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Point being... Matthew 5:20 gave the only requirement in how they can "enter" into that kingdom and the only way any one's righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees is having His righteousness as prophesied in Matthew 5:6 as fulfilled in John 6:35 by coming to & believing in Jesus Christ.

And yet, how does one enter in if they are breaking even the least of His commandments in Matthew 5:19 and still be a part of that kingdom but being known as the least; a judgment wherein that believer can never repent of from being that least? See the conundrum?

So the commandments are for His disciples before the Bridegroom receives them into the kingdom of light as those who break His commandments are those that become vessels unto dishonor for why they are called the least in the kingdom of Heaven as received after the great tribulation.

There are 2 kinds of vessels; one unto honor..as the great and one unto dishonor as the least in 2 Timothy 2:20 as they are both in His House. It is significant to note that the vessels unto honor are the ones that depart from iniquity and thus purge themselves to be received as that vessel unto honor. 2 Timothy 2:21 That is why the call to depart from iniquity is given even to former believers 2 Timothy 2:18-19 to avoid being judged to be called the least in that kingdom of heaven.

So Matthew 5:19 talks about those in His kingdom as judged as such before entering in; and the key of entering in is by His righteousness alone as prophesied in Matthew 5:6 which is fulfilled by coming to and believing in Jesus Christ as stated by Jesus in John 6:35.

It is by that prophesy of Matthew 5:6 which links to how that righteousness is obtained in John 6:35.

Jesus was not really talking about the Law in Matthew 5th chapter but what was to become for the saved believers while living on earth. Jesus referred to the Law as the Old Covenant and then referred to how we are to live as saved believers under the New Covenant.

In the millennium reign, let's read what it will be like.

Isaiah 65:17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind. 18 But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy. 19 And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying. 20 There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed. 21 And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them. 22 They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands. 23 They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the Lord, and their offspring with them. 24 And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear. 25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the Lord.

Now how can that be the instruction for those in the millennium reign below?

Matthew 5:38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: 39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also.41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain. 42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away. 43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. 44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Why would any one in the millennium reign smite any one on the cheek when He said no one will hurt nor destroy in all His holy mountain?

Why would any one sue at the law when everything will be provided by the Lord as well as the promise of building something and not another inhabit by civil lawsuit?

Why would ask anything from another for anything?

How can there be any enemies that hate you, despitefully use you, and persecute you in all His holy mountain?

How can the sun rise on the evil and on the good, and rain on the just and on the unjust in the millennium reign?

After the millennium reign, when Satan has been released from the pit for a small season to stage his last rebellion, yeah.. bad things will happen... but during the millennium reign? No. I cannot see how His millennium reign as prophesied in Isaiah 65 and see the Sermon on the Mount to be applicable for the inhabitants to follow in that millennum reign.

The Sermon of the Mount is applicable for saved believers now in how they will be received in the kingdom of heaven as the greats or as the leasts. It is not for salvation, but for abiding in Him which can only be done by looking to the author & finisher of our faith to help us lay aside every weight & sin.

We are to be the light of the world now.

Only Jesus can show you that His commandments is not done as those that were under the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ as our Good Shepherd.

(Matt. 5:6) says nothing about how one is filled with righteousness. That is why you have to go to the book of (John).

(Matt. 5-7) is all about law. See (5:19). "Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments....but whosoever shall do and teach them,....." Also (5:27-28) "Ye have heard that it was said...But I say unto you...." That is law.

(Is. 65:17) speaks to a new heaven and earth created. That occurs after the millennial period.

Jesus Christ is the light of the world. At this time the believers who make up the Church are a reflection of that Light of the World. That does not remove the promises of Israel being a light unto all nations during the millennium.

Stranger

Reactions: Enoch111

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You referring to this scripture here?

"Pray for them that despite fully use you and persecute you"

default_hmm.gif
This is interpreted by many to mean pray for everyone.

Correct for why it also applies to Stranger.

But no one here has ever used me out of contempt, or persecuted me, so I have no reason to be praying for them for this reason alone.

I have been. I admit that I do not pray for all of them or prayed as much for the ones that I had. I recall praying for them all in general that have been my enemies to help me forgive them so to stop being tempted to think about them and be hateful and malicious, but Jesus Christ in me is the only One that helps me to do that. It certainly not in my flesh to do it which is why I am glad He is my Good Shepherd ans that He is in me and with me always.

I don't know the guy and I don't particularly care for him. He claims to be a believer, so that will be between him and God. As Jesus once said, not everyone proclaiming his name will enter into his kingdom. He also stated in his sermon to not cast my pearls before swine, and before dogs. There are a few dogs on here that I most certainly will not be casting my prayers for.

I don't believe there are any exceptions in the Sermon on the Mount about praying for everyone. The casting pearls before swine is about preaching the gospel to sinners that have already told you before hand that they do not want to hear it. That is why the following verses has Jesus speaking of those that seek as the promise is to those that seek Him, they shall find, and those are the ones we should be especially ready to give an answer to.

1 Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear: 16 Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.

The Holy Spirit will have to descend upon me like a dove commanding me to do it for that to happen.

Actually, if that ever happens, that will not be the Holy Spirit because He dwells in you by faith in Jesus Christ ever since your salvation when you had first believed in Him at the calling of the gospel.

More than likely, you will be grieved as the Holy Spirit is grieved when you resist a prompting by Him to pray for someone you don't like.

He grieved me towards another matter when I said something about never finding love in this life, and one of the girls in the warehouse expressed an "awww..." in genuine compassion, but yet I did not believe her compassion as genuine as I was walking away to do something else in the warehouse, and for some reason the Holy Spirit was grieved & thus grieved me for not believing her.

As it turned out... and there really is no way for me to prove this to you, the Holy Spirit brought into remembrance the many dreams and nightmares I had about her and my life in the state I am living in now since I was a tot living in another state. The dreams and nightmares did not say I was supposed to wind up with her, but I would be with her in Heaven as the first dream I had about her was being joyful in seeing her there because she had said something that had made me doubt she was really a believer which this girl did in real life when she referred to someone's marriage as a piece of paper, making me think she just saying she believes in God just so people would stop preaching to her or something.. my private fear.

It was a personal ordeal going through that time in my life where because of the dreams coming true, the nightmare of her murder was quite worrying me, but she is all right as it is years later from that 1994 ordeal and married to another as prophesied also in those dreams. I guess because of all the persecution and oppression and the betrayal, I would ask the Lord why He had sent me back, since one dream I recalled, I saw my future sins in a book written of me to do in the future and I did not want to be separated from Him. He said "I'll see what I can do.." before He sent me back to this life. And yes, I had a close encounter with death that He had to save me from when I was being strangled by my own bed sheets when I was a tot.

So I am taking Him at His word and trusting Him that I will be found abiding in Him when He comes as the Bridegroom, because I do not want to be separated from Him, even though He would still be dwelling within me and receive me later on after the great tribulation, I do not want that grief.

Anyway, I hold unto His love which is true love that I hope to share with her in Heaven as my beloved baby sister since there is no marrying nor given in marriage at the first fruit of the resurrection. I know fell well that there will be hundredfold brothers, sisters, and mothers in Heaven, but the love I have for her is His love and I believe He has given me that dream to have that love in the hopes of having that joy of being with her in Heaven.

Now I know why the Holy Spirit was grieved within me at the time I was grieved by Him, and so I wait in hope for the Bridegroom coming soon.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Matt. 5:6) says nothing about how one is filled with righteousness. That is why you have to go to the book of (John).

Matthew 5:6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

Do you really think that can be fulfilled by any other way while in this millennium reign when you need His righteousness in order to "enter" that reign?

(Matt. 5-7) is all about law.

Then if their righteousness is to surpass the righteousness of the scribes and the Pharisees in order to enter therein, how can you see everything in the Sermon on the Mount as something to keep, in order to enter into that millennium reign?

See (5:19). "Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments....but whosoever shall do and teach them,....." Also (5:27-28) "Ye have heard that it was said...But I say unto you...." That is law.

Which goes to point about Matthew 5:20

Matthew 5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

So how can they break the least of His commandments and teach others so in order to be even in that millennium reign?

(Is. 65:17) speaks to a new heaven and earth created. That occurs after the millennial period.

Right. The millennium reign where you say that the commandments in the Sermon on the Mount are for, but those commandments runs contrary to His words in Isaiah 65 in how that millennium reign will be like, for why those commandments in the Sermon on the Mount would be moot and thus hardly applicable for Israel during the millennium reign.

If no one can hurt any one in all His holy mountain during that reign, there would be no need to turn the other cheek, now would there be?

Jesus Christ is the light of the world. At this time the believers who make up the Church are a reflection of that Light of the World. That does not remove the promises of Israel being a light unto all nations during the millennium.

Sorry. Israel had their chance. Now it is God Himself that shall be that light unto all nations even if He is doing it from New Jerusalem.

Revelation 22:4 And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 5:6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

Do you really think that can be fulfilled by any other way while in this millennium reign when you need His righteousness in order to "enter" that reign?

Then if their righteousness is to surpass the righteousness of the scribes and the Pharisees in order to enter therein, how can you see everything in the Sermon on the Mount as something to keep, in order to enter into that millennium reign?

Which goes to point about Matthew 5:20

Matthew 5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

So how can they break the least of His commandments and teach others so in order to be even in that millennium reign?

Right. The millennium reign where you say that the commandments in the Sermon on the Mount are for, but those commandments runs contrary to His words in Isaiah 65 in how that millennium reign will be like, for why those commandments in the Sermon on the Mount would be moot and thus hardly applicable for Israel during the millennium reign.

If no one can hurt any one in all His holy mountain during that reign, there would be no need to turn the other cheek, now would there be?

Sorry. Israel had their chance. Now it is God Himself that shall be that light unto all nations even if He is doing it from New Jerusalem.

Revelation 22:4 And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

It doesn't matter what I think. (Matt. 5:6) says nothing about how to be filled with righteousness. You have to read that into the text. Which you do when you go to the book of (John) . As I said...different emphasis.

Entering the kingdom of heaven depends on a righteousness that exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and pharisees. The scribes and pharisees do not 'keep' the law because they do not 'do and teach them'. (5:20) All of those listening to Christ at this time know, is that they need a righteousness that is greater than the pharisees and scribes righteousness to enter the kingdom of heaven. And then Christ produces a more strict rule of law to follow to be able to obtain that righteousness. Point being...impossible.

The beatitudes, (Matt. 5:3-11) describe the believer, at any time. They don't describe how one becomes a believer. They describe the believer. But at this point in time, Christ is describing the believer, who is the Israelite, ready to receive the kingdom as promised. (4:17) (5:3) (5:10) etc. etc.

Your comment on (Is. 65:17) in unintelligible. Try again.

It is not a question of 'chance'. If God gives you a 'chance', you're a gonner. It is a question of God being faithful to that which He has promised.

Stranger

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
During the millennium all are under the direct rule and reign of Jesus Christ. All of Israel is saved and the nations are saved. Satan is bound and not allowed to roam the earth. It is then that Israel comes under the laws of the kingdom That is a big difference in the way God rules on the earth.

As to (John 1:12), the comparison is not correct. And that is the problem. People try and make (Matt. 5-7) the way the Christian is saved and it is not. Salvation is always faith in Jesus Christ. 'aspens' salvation is not about faith in Christ, but some sort of loving and transformation.

As I have said earlier, the believer, because he has the Holy Spirit, can reflect the conduct described under the Sermon on the Mount. But they are not a law for him to walk under.

Stranger

If I speak human or angelic tongues but do not have love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. .... the force of the passage, especially in 1Corinthians 13:3, where "almsgiving" without love is pronounced worthless.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think Stranger is a bigot even though he believes the Sermon on the Mount does not apply to him. Believers can be in error without being a bigot, even those some believers are in error by being a bigot.

Stranger is a self proclaimed bigot

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I speak human or angelic tongues but do not have love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. .... the force of the passage, especially in 1Corinthians 13:3, where "almsgiving" without love is pronounced worthless.

Could you repeat that. I couldn't hear you for all the bells ringing.

Stranger

B

brakelite

Entering the kingdom of heaven depends on a righteousness that exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and pharisees. The scribes and pharisees do not 'keep' the law because they do not 'do and teach them'. (5:20) All of those listening to Christ at this time know, is that they need a righteousness that is greater than the pharisees and scribes righteousness to enter the kingdom of heaven. And then Christ produces a more strict rule of law to follow to be able to obtain that righteousness. Point being...impossible.
Not impossible...we receive the righteousness of Christ by receiving Him.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It doesn't matter what I think. (Matt. 5:6) says nothing about how to be filled with righteousness. You have to read that into the text. Which you do when you go to the book of (John) . As I said...different emphasis.

Seeing how they have to have that kind of righteousness that surpasses the righteousness of the scribes and the Pharisees in order to ENTER into the kingdom of heaven which you say can only be the millennium reign, then for Israel do be doing those commandments to get into the millennium reign, Israel will not be there.

So you have a conundrum there.

Remember you said that point as being impossible in entering the kingdom of heaven when His beatitudes were higher than the works of the law.

The beatitudes, (Matt. 5:3-11) describe the believer, at any time. They don't describe how one becomes a believer. They describe the believer. But at this point in time, Christ is describing the believer, who is the Israelite, ready to receive the kingdom as promised. (4:17) (5:3) (5:10) etc. etc.

Was Christ being mean in holding out that dog treat out of reach of the dogs on their chains, acting like He was going to give that to them, but only if they can get it past the length of the chain they are restricted by? Because you just said it was impossible for them to enter into the kingdom of Heaven.

But yet He made a promise to when they will be fulfilled in seeking after righteousness, and so after obtaining that, comes His commandments to live by for why you see that as describing a believer at any time after he has been saved by Jesus Christ in entering the kingdom of heaven, but not in being saved by Jesus Christ when they are already in the millennium reign.

Your comment on (Is. 65:17) in unintelligible. Try again.

How can any one apply the instructions of turning the other cheek when no one will be hurt in the Millennium reign of Christ as described in Isaiah 65?

It is not a question of 'chance'. If God gives you a 'chance', you're a gonner. It is a question of God being faithful to that which He has promised.

Stranger

And what He had promised in Matthew 5:6 is how one enters into the kingdom of heaven when that fulfillment of righteousness is John 6:35 Only by having Jesus Christ in us, can any believer have power to follow Him by those beatitudes.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seeing how they have to have that kind of righteousness that surpasses the righteousness of the scribes and the Pharisees in order to ENTER into the kingdom of heaven which you say can only be the millennium reign, then for Israel do be doing those commandments to get into the millennium reign, Israel will not be there.

So you have a conundrum there.

Remember you said that point as being impossible in entering the kingdom of heaven when His beatitudes were higher than the works of the law.

Was Christ being mean in holding out that dog treat out of reach of the dogs on their chains, acting like He was going to give that to them, but only if they can get it past the length of the chain they are restricted by? Because you just said it was impossible for them to enter into the kingdom of Heaven.

But yet He made a promise to when they will be fulfilled in seeking after righteousness, and so after obtaining that, comes His commandments to live by for why you see that as describing a believer at any time after he has been saved by Jesus Christ in entering the kingdom of heaven, but not in being saved by Jesus Christ when they are already in the millennium reign.

How can any one apply the instructions of turning the other cheek when no one will be hurt in the Millennium reign of Christ as described in Isaiah 65?

And what He had promised in Matthew 5:6 is how one enters into the kingdom of heaven when that fulfillment of righteousness is John 6:35 Only by having Jesus Christ in us, can any believer have power to follow Him by those beatitudes.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

It is no different than Israel under the Law of Moses. The Law was perfect, holy, and good. But the righteousness that it described was unattainable by the individual Israelite. But no problem, as righteousness has always been only obtained by faith. Just like Abraham obtained it. An imputed righteousness. (Gen. 15:6)

During the Tribulation Period, a certain amount of Israelites will turn to their Messiah Jesus Christ and will be saved. Therefore they have turned to Him in faith. At the end of the Tribulation Period, saved Israel and the saved nations will enter the millennium. But though all Israel at that times is saved by faith, and the nations are saved also, they still exist in the millennium as fallen individuals. In other words, the millennium is not heaven. Jesus Christ will be there, and the laws of the kingdom will be in place, the fallen nature of man will manifest itself.

Also, people will continue to be born during the millennium. And of course not all who are born are of God and therefore will at times cause trouble, but will be immediately put down under Christ's rule. The point is, there will be offenses in the kingdom. But the believer can know these will be dealt with quickly whereas now, we simply endure the offenses and leave them to God to deal with at His own time.

Stranger

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is no different than Israel under the Law of Moses. The Law was perfect, holy, and good. But the righteousness that it described was unattainable by the individual Israelite. But no problem, as righteousness has always been only obtained by faith. Just like Abraham obtained it. An imputed righteousness. (Gen. 15:6)

But Abraham did not obtained the promise yet until Jesus was crucified and had descended to Paradise aka Abraham's bosom to preach the gospel unto them.

Hebrews 11:8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went. 9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise: 10 For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God. 11 Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised. 12 Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable. 13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. 14 For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country. 15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned. 16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

Then they were resurrected in following His resurrection and when He had ascended, He took the captivity captive where Paradise is now located in Heaven.

So no one can get into Heaven unless Jesus brings them there by believing in Him to be brought to God the Father & made a citizen of Heaven.

1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: 19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;

During the Tribulation Period, a certain amount of Israelites will turn to their Messiah Jesus Christ and will be saved. Therefore they have turned to Him in faith. At the end of the Tribulation Period, saved Israel and the saved nations will enter the millennium. But though all Israel at that times is saved by faith, and the nations are saved also, they still exist in the millennium as fallen individuals. In other words, the millennium is not heaven. Jesus Christ will be there, and the laws of the kingdom will be in place, the fallen nature of man will manifest itself.

For clarity sake, what you refer to as the Tribulation period, I refer to as the Great Tribulation period. before that great tribulation is the fire that will burn one third of the earth for why the new world order will come about with the mark of the beast system. Before that fire is the rapture.

Also, people will continue to be born during the millennium. And of course not all who are born are of God and therefore will at times cause trouble, but will be immediately put down under Christ's rule. The point is, there will be offenses in the kingdom. But the believer can know these will be dealt with quickly whereas now, we simply endure the offenses and leave them to God to deal with at His own time.

If they be immediately put down, then why turn the other cheek or allow offenses to continue unabated? How can they apply the instructions in the Sermon on the Mount when there is no one being a doormat in the millennium reign of Christ?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But Abraham did not obtained the promise yet until Jesus was crucified and had descended to Paradise aka Abraham's bosom to preach the gospel unto them.

Hebrews 11:8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went. 9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise: 10 For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God. 11 Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised. 12 Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable. 13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. 14 For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country. 15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned. 16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

Then they were resurrected in following His resurrection and when He had ascended, He took the captivity captive where Paradise is now located in Heaven.

So no one can get into Heaven unless Jesus brings them there by believing in Him to be brought to God the Father & made a citizen of Heaven.

1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: 19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;

For clarity sake, what you refer to as the Tribulation period, I refer to as the Great Tribulation period. before that great tribulation is the fire that will burn one third of the earth for why the new world order will come about with the mark of the beast system. Before that fire is the rapture.

If they be immediately put down, then why turn the other cheek or allow offenses to continue unabated? How can they apply the instructions in the Sermon on the Mount when there is no one being a doormat in the millennium reign of Christ?

You asked about the 'righteousness' necessary and I explained that it was by faith just as Abraham received it. (Gen. 15:6) is clear that Abraham had righteousness imputed to him. As for the other promises that were given in (Gen. 12:1), yes that is for a future day. But Abraham was righteous before God because He had God's righteousness imputed to him. Though he had to wait in the paradise section of hades after he died is immaterial. He was in the paradise section because God imputed righteousness to him.

As I said, the millennium is not heaven. Man is still a sinner thus you will have offenses. As you experience the offense, then you react a certain way. The laws of the kingdom govern how you are to react.

Stranger

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You asked about the 'righteousness' necessary and I explained that it was by faith just as Abraham received it. (Gen. 15:6) is clear that Abraham had righteousness imputed to him. As for the other promises that were given in (Gen. 12:1), yes that is for a future day. But Abraham was righteous before God because He had God's righteousness imputed to him. Though he had to wait in the paradise section of hades after he died is immaterial. He was in the paradise section because God imputed righteousness to him.

As I said, the millennium is not heaven. Man is still a sinner thus you will have offenses. As you experience the offense, then you react a certain way. The laws of the kingdom govern how you are to react.

Stranger

So the kingdom of heaven is not heaven to you? Okay. Seeing how He and His righteousness can only bring us to God and Heaven, then those who start out the millennium reign are saved believers in being resurrected in coming out of the great tribulation, yes or no?

I understand the part of the coming generations during the millennium reign BUT His instructions in the beatitudes in how to respond to evil would be moot for living in the millennium reign when He will put any evil down immediately, capisce? Therefore the instructions for the beatitudes are for the living before the great tribulation and before the millennium reign of Christ in suffering evil in the lives we are living now before the pre great trib rapture.

Course, I look to Him to help me to follow Him since those instructions are higher than the works of the law which is why I live by faith in Him that He will help me to follow Him since I know I cannot by my own will power or merit. That is the only way I have been able to get to know Him and the power of His resurrection when I see Him in me helping me to follow Him as the beatitudes does confirm which is also by the grace of God.