Cross Dressing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Deuteronomy 22:

5 A woman shall not wear a man's garment, nor shall a man put on a woman's cloak, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your God.
I don't think one should apply the above legalistically or blindly. This law seemed to have been motivated by the abominable practices of heathens. Cambridge Bible for Schools and Colleges:

Against Wearing the Clothes, etc., of the Other Sex. Peculiar to D. As what is forbidden is styled an abomination to Jehovah, the law probably refers to heathen rites, for the practice of which, including the interchange by the sexes of their clothes, weapons, etc., leading to gross impurities, there is much evidence in records of the Syrian and other ancient religions. Calvin quotes Juvenal Sat., vi. 252.
1 Samuel 16:

7b For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.
In Deuteronomy, God gave a general rule of thumb about clothing from an outward perspective, avoiding the practice of heathen at that time and place.

In 1 Samuel, the issue was deeper. It had to do with the inner character of a man. God did not judge David's character based on David's superficial features, but on his heart toward God.

Is it a sin for a girl to wear a boy's clothes today?

I don't think so. It depends on the local culture. The Bible does not prescribe a universal dress code for men and women.

Was Robin Williams sinning by playing Mrs Doubtfire?

I think it was okay but the question is for Mr. Williams to answer.

Jesus shifted the focus to the internal state of the heart, Matthew 5:

28 But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
Matthew 15:

18 But what comes out of the mouth proceeds from the heart, and this defiles a person. For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false witness, slander.
Are you glorifying God in your conscience when you cross-dress?

Colossians 3:

17 whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Reactions: dev553344

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Flip Wilson was hilarious...
So was Eddie Murphy.
So was Robin Williams...

Those who engage in it as a real sexual fetish are engaging in perversion...which is the point of scripture.

Reactions: RLT63 and Lambano

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Cross Dressing​

hmmmm, Romans invented it. Step outta line and bingo, before you know it you're wearing one!

• Wow
Reactions: Lambano

Jim C

Sep 5, 2023
Lynnwood
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'd imagine there's a difference in going out in drag as a party costume or in a comedic setting vs adopting transvestism as a lifestyle. And then there's "transgenderism" to confuse things even more.

(As a side note: transvestite is from the Latin roots 'trans' = cross and 'vestis' = clothes.)

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is what is appropriate per your society. The Irish wear cilts and it is acceptable for men to wear it. But here in the United States it would be not acceptable unless your Irish.

To wear the opposite sex's acceptable wear is a deception. It's a lie with perhaps evil intent underlying it.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is what is appropriate per your society. The Irish wear Kilts and it is acceptable for men to wear it. But here in the United States it would be not acceptable unless your Irish.
Scottish, not Irish. My Director at my previous company was a Scotsman. He had a traditional kilt that he'd wear to company picnics and such.

My brother-in-law tells the story about the time he was in a bar in Amsterdam (of all places) and a group of Scottish dock-workers came in wearing kilts. Some of the patrons who were well into their beers by then started giving them crap about wearing dresses and looking effeminate, so they decided to show everyone in the bar exactly what a Scotsman does wear under his kilt. "'T'was nothing more than God had graced him with upon his birth".

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't think of any men's clothing that a woman couldn't wear, including jeans or a suit. On the other hand, a man wearing a dress is ... weird.

klinger7.jpg

(Let's not forget Jamie Farr as Corporal Klinger in M*A*S*H.)

Reactions: TonyChanYT

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scottish, not Irish. My Director at my previous company was a Scotsman. He had a traditional kilt that he'd wear to company picnics and such.

My brother-in-law tells the story about the time he was in a bar in Amsterdam (of all places) and a group of Scottish dock-workers came in wearing kilts. Some of the patrons who were well into their beers by then started giving them crap about wearing dresses and looking effeminate, so they decided to show everyone in the bar exactly what a Scotsman does wear under his kilt. "'T'was nothing more than God had graced him with upon his birth".

Yes Scottish. I should have remembered but my memory's starting to slip. We used to have the Scottish highland games here in the highschool. Throwing logs and fun stuff:

games-featured.jpg

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Irish was actually the beer drinking at the University there in Seattle.

• Haha

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
USA Boxing to allow transgender women in the ring

I'll bet they won't allow actual women (who think they are men now) to box in the men's heavy weight division

And, they also won't allow actual women (who think they are men now) to play in the NFL either.

Funny how this works isn't?

The reason of course is that those women who think they are men now would get beaten to a bloody pulp which would prove women who think they are men now... are NOT actually men and are still in fact women

If they are going to insist on men playing in women's sports... Some one should demand women to play in men's sports and see how that all works out.
popcorn.gif

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Deuteronomy 22:

I don't think one should apply the above legalistically or blindly. This law seemed to have been motivated by the abominable practices of heathens. Cambridge Bible for Schools and Colleges:

1 Samuel 16:

In Deuteronomy, God gave a general rule of thumb about clothing from an outward perspective, avoiding the practice of heathen at that time and place.

In 1 Samuel, the issue was deeper. It had to do with the inner character of a man. God did not judge David's character based on David's superficial features, but on his heart toward God.

Is it a sin for a girl to wear a boy's clothes today?

I don't think so. It depends on the local culture. The Bible does not prescribe a universal dress code for men and women.

Was Robin Williams sinning by playing Mrs Doubtfire?

I think it was okay but the question is for Mr. Williams to answer.

Jesus shifted the focus to the internal state of the heart, Matthew 5:

Matthew 15:

Are you glorifying God in your conscience when you cross-dress?

Colossians 3:
God taught us to be sexually chaste. People who disobey do all sorts of weird things, some of which are extremely destructive, like sex changes performed on children, or allowing boys to shower with girls at school, when the boy says he wants to be a girl.