Crucifying my flesh - would like your prayers

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dougishere

Jan 12, 2012
Illinois
For 17 years I've been a sexually immoral person. Looking at inappropriate magazines for that long has turned me into an addict. I don't know when I became a Christian, but I dragged my baggage into my relationship with Christ so He could heal me. He meets us as we are, and that's what happens much of the time. In the last several years now, along with Christian talk-therapy, I've weaned myself off of looking at these things. Eventually when you wean, there comes a "last" time, hopefully something you can attribute to your past.

I'm very weak today. I covet your prayers.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
For 17 years I've been a sexually immoral person. Looking at inappropriate magazines for that long has turned me into an addict. I don't know when I became a Christian, but I dragged my baggage into my relationship with Christ so He could heal me. He meets us as we are, and that's what happens much of the time. In the last several years now, along with Christian talk-therapy, I've weaned myself off of looking at these things. Eventually when you wean, there comes a "last" time, hopefully something you can attribute to your past.

I'm very weak today. I covet your prayers.

I will pray for you! When we are already filled even to overflowing with God's Spirit then we can stop looking for more filling in the world around us. :)

Lord have Your way with Doug! <><

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Amen sister!
Praying for you dear brother! I know how difficult a habit can be since we have practiced it so long. The Lord is our helper and he will help you un-practice this habit and replace it with something that gives him glory!

Blessings!!!

NicholasMarks

Aug 23, 2011
Our sexual appitite is largely governed by our frustrations. Applying righteous laws in our lives reduces those anxieties a little...but, like all animal life...when we are threatened by danger or dispair we become more sexually active.

Following Jesus Christ reduces the impact of these desires and we become aware that advertising and the media are constant reminders for these bullying images of our desires.

When you consider that we waste an enormous amount of stem-cell material down this route...it is best to seek righteousness as a priority.

brodav9

Dec 26, 2011
Sylacauga Al. U.S.A.
When we are deciding to do something it is us. If we are driven to do something, mostly where we don't have control, that is a need for deliverance. We can't crucify a demon. Sex apetite is a spirit which drives us. The greatest thing we can do is substitute one thing for another. Example----instead of beer just go and get for the same money a delicious chocolate shake. Sex was made to really get a hold of the mind. That was to make full excitement with a partner who we must be married to. It is absolutely a must to have the power of the Holy Spirit. He is excited about us more than we are about him. We can't see him but boy is he real. The trade for things of the world come through excitement of the Holy Spirit. He moves on our behalf through praise and worship and plead the blood. It is a demon so the blood protects. Sex plus guilt trip are his means of keeping you from fellowship with God.
Fellowship with God is your only hope. He will help you through deliverance. False deliverance ministries will put more demons in you. Your faith in Jesus to deliver your own self is the best for results.

I was addicted to smoke---any kind, so addicted would have nothing and so take a paper bag and roll it so as to light it and smoke just bag. 3 packs a day of cigs. Came to Jesus and took a brand new pack destroyed it and haven't had one for 45 years. He delivered me right then. Build yourself a guilt trip by saying, I don't want to hinder God from turning my life into great joy. God has helped me in habits by dealing with me when I overcome. He says okay you refuse to give in --here's a blessing, it is always awesome.---- stay in the word and read encouragements, read slowly Isa. 40:-66: claim those promises. God bless--he will.