Current Events and my hearing the Lord

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The main purpose the Lord has for me posting is to get people to seek Him and listen to Him - and that for themselves!!

Yet when you do actually wind up talking to Him you of course wind up asking Him about what is going on around you. Since His thoughts are not your thoughts, you don't get the answers you think you will get!!!!!! They do make sense and they are interesting, but they will be different from you understanding, otherwise His thoughts would be your thoughts. And they are not what others seem to think either, for the same reason!!!!

And while studying your Bible by leaning on your own understanding gets you closer to His thoughts, His thoughts are still not your thoughts? So you have to listen to Him. And it needs to be for yourself, because He is interested in improving you personally!! So He might tell someone something when they ask Him a question, but it might not be what He tells you when you ask Him the same question! It is not that He will tell you and them the opposite answer, but that He will focus His answer to you personally and your need to understand, where as He will tell the other person an answer that focuses on their need to understand.

So let me give you some examples of what He said to me personally, and even how it could be different to someone else asking the same question and that concerning current events:

Right as covid got going He told me that He didn't want me to protest. There was a protest gong to happen in Huntington Beach about the beaches being closed to surfers and such. I used to live there and surfed a lot. I even used to surf contests, because I surfed a lot and was pretty good. So I like surfing some contests in what was then WSA (Western Surfing Association) So I thought about going, but probably not. He told me not to go and in fact He did not want me going to any protests. About a week later the Black Life Matters protest started happening. Now then He talked to me more and more about the protests that were happening, and even about large prayer event. Now He did not like the protests, from what I could gather, and mentioned that if we were to protest it should be like the prayer event. He liked that.

Now with that said, could He have wanted someone to go, or could He have a purpose even for the Black Lives Matter protests? Yes He could!! In general, we are told in the Bible to submit to the governmental authorities!! Even they are subject to Him, but that doesn't mean they do everything right, nor that they listen to Him. As for us, we need to listen to Him!!! If He was to ask you to go to a protest, you need to do that, but should check the spirit because, In general, we are told in the Bible to submit to the governmental authorities!! But He will tell you that also!

Another example:

Shortly after I came to the Lord by brother and I had a conversation about abortion. My brother, who is also a Christian, took the attitude that abortion was wrong. But I also knew that my brother rarely ever heard the Lord, but I did. So afterwards I asked the Lord about my thinking on the subject and He told me that I was wrong! He almost never tells by flat out that I am wrong on a subject. He almost always gets me thinking about it and asks me questions to adjust my thinking. But not that time, but He did later go over it with me more and more. He explains that because He makes two become one, that we have life in His eyes as soon as the sperm gets in the egg. The spiritual meaning has physical meaning also. However, He also pointed out that Moses was a murderer and He used Him. So His forgiveness can make things right with Him!!

I am going to stop now, but will continue with a few other things on this thread later

Reactions: amadeus

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The main purpose the Lord has for me posting is to get people to seek Him and listen to Him - and that for themselves!!

Yet when you do actually wind up talking to Him you of course wind up asking Him about what is going on around you. Since His thoughts are not your thoughts, you don't get the answers you think you will get!!!!!! They do make sense and they are interesting, but they will be different from you understanding, otherwise His thoughts would be your thoughts. And they are not what others seem to think either, for the same reason!!!!

And while studying your Bible by leaning on your own understanding gets you closer to His thoughts, His thoughts are still not your thoughts? So you have to listen to Him. And it needs to be for yourself, because He is interested in improving you personally!! So He might tell someone something when they ask Him a question, but it might not be what He tells you when you ask Him the same question! It is not that He will tell you and them the opposite answer, but that He will focus His answer to you personally and your need to understand, where as He will tell the other person an answer that focuses on their need to understand.

So let me give you some examples of what He said to me personally, and even how it could be different to someone else asking the same question and that concerning current events:

Right as covid got going He told me that He didn't want me to protest. There was a protest gong to happen in Huntington Beach about the beaches being closed to surfers and such. I used to live there and surfed a lot. I even used to surf contests, because I surfed a lot and was pretty good. So I like surfing some contests in what was then WSA (Western Surfing Association) So I thought about going, but probably not. He told me not to go and in fact He did not want me going to any protests. About a week later the Black Life Matters protest started happening. Now then He talked to me more and more about the protests that were happening, and even about large prayer event. Now He did not like the protests, from what I could gather, and mentioned that if we were to protest it should be like the prayer event. He liked that.

Now with that said, could He have wanted someone to go, or could He have a purpose even for the Black Lives Matter protests? Yes He could!! In general, we are told in the Bible to submit to the governmental authorities!! Even they are subject to Him, but that doesn't mean they do everything right, nor that they listen to Him. As for us, we need to listen to Him!!! If He was to ask you to go to a protest, you need to do that, but should check the spirit because, In general, we are told in the Bible to submit to the governmental authorities!! But He will tell you that also!

Another example:

Shortly after I came to the Lord by brother and I had a conversation about abortion. My brother, who is also a Christian, took the attitude that abortion was wrong. But I also knew that my brother rarely ever heard the Lord, but I did. So afterwards I asked the Lord about my thinking on the subject and He told me that I was wrong! He almost never tells by flat out that I am wrong on a subject. He almost always gets me thinking about it and asks me questions to adjust my thinking. But not that time, but He did later go over it with me more and more. He explains that because He makes two become one, that we have life in His eyes as soon as the sperm gets in the egg. The spiritual meaning has physical meaning also. However, He also pointed out that Moses was a murderer and He used Him. So His forgiveness can make things right with Him!!

I am going to stop now, but will continue with a few other things on this thread later
Jesus' followers would never attend a protest--His followers are no part of this world. Especially risking violence which protests can accomplish.
Black lives matter is a bigoted name-Reality= ALL lives matter to God, Jesus and all his followers.
Few on this earth know or listen to Jesus. Many claim to be his, but they are far removed because they listen to blind guides.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus' followers would never attend a protest--His followers are no part of this world. Especially risking violence which protests can accomplish.
Black lives matter is a bigoted name-Reality= ALL lives matter to God, Jesus and all his followers.
Few on this earth know or listen to Jesus. Many claim to be his, but they are far removed because they listen to blind guides.
The problem with saying that Jesus's followers "would never" attend a protest is that you are saying that your thoughts are His thoughts!!!

When we say that our thoughts are His thoughts, then we make ourself God instead of serve God.

For example it would be seemingly easy to say the Jesus would never tell anyone to kill another person and especially tell anyone to take his son up a mountain to sacrifice their only son =- yet we find those things actually being told by the Word or God, who is the Christ, to people who listened to Him!! We have read the Bible, right??

Now He personally told me that He was not ever going to tell me to do something like that, and that because I was talking to Him about those things in the Bible.

And as for listening to "blind guides" who tells you that you know what God would and would not do??

If you think you know what God will or will not do, then you won't talk to Him - and that make you blind as to what He wants you to do. So a spirit telling you to lean on your own understanding is that "blind guide"!!!

We do need to test the spirits, because evil can be tricky and have been dealing with prideful people, even those claiming to be followers of God, for a long time! So how do you test the spirits? We read the Bible and talk to the Lord Jesus Christ, right? So we know and use the test recorded in the Scriptures to test the spirits, right? Well, maybe not like we should - huh? Otherwise we would not be assuming we know the Lord's instructions for others without seeking Him!!

Did we even forget that the founding fathers of this country were all Christians, and they a bit more than a little protest against England, didn't they? And they came up with the idea of freedom of religion, even to protect the different Christian churches!!

The Lord once told me, "Karl, people want to tell others all about God instead of about God!"

So because I hear from Him, I get some understanding from Him. Yeah, because of our pride we want to tell others all about Him insteadof making is about Him and thus seeking Him and listening to Him!!

When I give a testimony, it is meant to back up the message that the Father had from the mountain! " “This is My beloved Son, with whom I am well-pleased; listen to Him!” (Mat 17:5)

Note the Father did not even tell them all about His Son, but just told them to listen to Him!!

Now next, I am going to talk about another current event that I talked to the Lord about - but under that the purpose is to get people to actually listen to Him!!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not too long ago I talked to the Lord about student loan forgiveness.

I don't have a student loan, because when I went to college in a California state school, the idea of the state schools were to make getting a college degree affordable so that the better students could get an education even if they did have a lot of money. It is to the advantage of our society and country that our better students get a college degree regardless of resources. So, at that time I could pay for my college education by living at home and working part times jobs. When I graduated, I had my business degree and didn't own a cent. So I started working and moved out to my own life.

Yet the bankers, and the really rich have lots of control over our politicians! And they had a great idea to get richer. They come up with the idea of making student loan, which obviously and massively helps the bankers!!! It even helps the politicians who want more control and thus more money coming in for them to use and abuse. So the student loans put far more pressure on the poor and regular person who now had to pay for both the college education and the bankers and also more money to the politicians. And of course it also enabled the colleges to collect more and more money for their college!

Now I was talking to the Lord about the Biden loan forgiveness program. It appeared to be a program to help those students, the regular people.

It appeared the Democrats wanted it but the Republicans didn't. And frankly, it seems that the Lord mostly backs Republican thinking. But not always!! He is not for or against the Democrat of the Republican! His is for righteousness!

Anyway - I asked the Lord about the student loan forgiveness program that Biden had - He responded "Karl, maybe now is not the right time, but I have required a time of forgiveness of debts: When is that going to take place?" He also was interesting because He brought up this, "Of course Biden didn't want his forgiveness program either, because as leader of his party he could have made it happen! They controlled both the House and the Senate so nobody stood in his way if he wanted to make that law."

The Lord went on to explain that Biden's plan had nothing to do with getting loan forgiveness rather to embarrass the Republicans by putting them into a no-win situation. If the Republicans stopped it, which he felt they would, it would make the Republicans look like they were against the student loan holders. But if they approve the program it would make Bidden a hero to the student loan holders. So it was not about forgiving any, it was about the power he could get. The Lord said to me concerning Biden, "His heart is not right with-in him!"

Of course that is not surprising news. We all have problems with our hearts being right with-in us! That is why we need to talk to the Lord for ourselves!!!

Listen to Him and you will find out how important forgiveness is to Him!!

Honestly, when I asked Him what should have been done? He explained that the Republicans should have taken that opportunity to boldly come out in favor of Biden's plan of forgiveness. It would have made them look better than to object to it. It also would have given them favor with the Lord their God, Jesus Christ. They would have gotten blessing for God, but missed them when they missed their opportunity, and that because His people don't listen to Him like they should!!

Wasn't this problem of His people not keeping up with the times of a forgiveness, as recorded in the Bible, a big reason they fell from grace? Talk to Him about it!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think Jefferson and Franklin were Deists.
Go and find and read the letters they wrote to each other!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When, and if, you ever read the writings our founding fathers wrote to each other you would be embarrass how little we glorify God in our letters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I tell you that even on this forum do we rarely see credit being given to God and most of the letters they wrote to each other do. And they were not writing on a Christian forum.

I went to the Huntington museum one day and they had a huge display of actual letters between the founding fathers, and they all seemed to have God mention, and even in ways to glorify Him, many times per page. It was perhaps a customed that was done then, that everyone gave glory to God when they wrote to each other.

It amazed me, because when you find something about what they wrote today, it seems the God was intentionally taken out of our records!!!

Times have changed, and it clearly appears that today we are trying to take God out of our history so as to not be politically incorrect today. That is not how it was then!!!

They was someone who is well known for covering this general issue, and how as we have taken God out of our society, our society has gone down massively!!

So the problem with reading about someone like Jefferson or Franklin today, is that today the writer is probably not a Christian so that they take God out of History and give you the wrong information. Back then, freedom of Religion meant freedom to choose what Christian church you would go to!! Even their readers at a public school would promote Jesus Christ the Lord our God, over and over, and over! It was a different time! It was a time when we really were a Christian nation!!

Even during my time Christian claiming to be Christians have gone form 80 percent of the population to 39 percent of the population. So why is it that we are starting to seem more like Sodom and Gomorrah than a God fearing nation? With the nuclear weapons available, it would not be hard for God to bring down fire on us today like He did then.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok - I gave a few examples of how a personal relationship works. He asks us to listen to Him, We can have conversation back and forth with Him. His thoughts are not our thoughts, which help us know Him from our thoughts. Of course the Holy Spirit is not the only spirit around. In fact you there are angels that serve Him and also those dark evil spiritual forces in this world that we battle with.

Yet it is also written that all those how seek find - so if we seek Him we will find Him. We are also going to find out a lot more!! We are going to find a real personal relationship with Him. Again, that won't mean what you think, because His thoughts are not your thoughts!!!!

You can go around leaning on your own understanding!!! You have to seek and find Him!!

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem with saying that Jesus's followers "would never" attend a protest is that you are saying that your thoughts are His thoughts!!!

When we say that our thoughts are His thoughts, then we make ourself God instead of serve God.

For example it would be seemingly easy to say the Jesus would never tell anyone to kill another person and especially tell anyone to take his son up a mountain to sacrifice their only son =- yet we find those things actually being told by the Word or God, who is the Christ, to people who listened to Him!! We have read the Bible, right??

Now He personally told me that He was not ever going to tell me to do something like that, and that because I was talking to Him about those things in the Bible.

And as for listening to "blind guides" who tells you that you know what God would and would not do??

If you think you know what God will or will not do, then you won't talk to Him - and that make you blind as to what He wants you to do. So a spirit telling you to lean on your own understanding is that "blind guide"!!!

We do need to test the spirits, because evil can be tricky and have been dealing with prideful people, even those claiming to be followers of God, for a long time! So how do you test the spirits? We read the Bible and talk to the Lord Jesus Christ, right? So we know and use the test recorded in the Scriptures to test the spirits, right? Well, maybe not like we should - huh? Otherwise we would not be assuming we know the Lord's instructions for others without seeking Him!!

Did we even forget that the founding fathers of this country were all Christians, and they a bit more than a little protest against England, didn't they? And they came up with the idea of freedom of religion, even to protect the different Christian churches!!

The Lord once told me, "Karl, people want to tell others all about God instead of about God!"

So because I hear from Him, I get some understanding from Him. Yeah, because of our pride we want to tell others all about Him insteadof making is about Him and thus seeking Him and listening to Him!!

When I give a testimony, it is meant to back up the message that the Father had from the mountain! " “This is My beloved Son, with whom I am well-pleased; listen to Him!” (Mat 17:5)

Note the Father did not even tell them all about His Son, but just told them to listen to Him!!

Now next, I am going to talk about another current event that I talked to the Lord about - but under that the purpose is to get people to actually listen to Him!!
What do you think--no part of this world entails? They were false christian's who stood on both sides of that war killing their own supposed brothers in Christ--Jesus would NEVER condone that. So the ones ordered that killing were false as well.
Few listen to Jesus on this earth. Many claim to follow him but have no clue what he actually teaches. I started a thread 9 teachings from Jesus that shows who is who. Christian debate forum.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you think--no part of this world entails? They were false christian's who stood on both sides of that war killing their own supposed brothers in Christ--Jesus would NEVER condone that. So the ones ordered that killing were false as well.
Few listen to Jesus on this earth. Many claim to follow him but have no clue what he actually teaches. I started a thread 9 teachings from Jesus that shows who is who. Christian debate forum.
We are in this world, not of this world, but in this world!!!!

That being the case, He has a purpose for us to be in this world!!

So how do we know what our purpose is exactly???

The answer is to listen to Him and follow Him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are not Jesus Christ the King of kings and Lord or lords - He is!!!!!!!

So who are you to speak for Him!!! As in saying "Jesus would NEVER condone that"

You are making a judgment based on your own understanding!! Now for me; He told me that He didn't want me to participate in the protests!! And His logic for telling me made sense to me, and even more so as protests went on! However could there be a protest that He might want made! There was a prayer vigil that served as a protest, in that it was done around that time and made very public, and He told me that He like that - still I wasn't going because He had told me personally not to go to any protests! Of course that was hundreds of miles from me, so that probably had something to do with His instructions to me.

The thing is, if you read the Bible and talk to Him, you get explanations for things that you read in it. And in the Bible you find God telling Abraham to take is son up the mountain and to sacrifice (kill) his son. So you say that God would never ask you to kill your son? You would have been wrong in that case. So you wrote: "false christian's who stood on both sides of that war killing their own supposed brothers" Did you not ever read in the Bible about how Moses had some pick-up the sword to their brothers??? So was Moses a man that heard from God or not??

Of course he was, and a very special man of God that heard the Lord well!!

Now the Lord told me personally that He was not going to ever ask me to do that - but He also has me telling people to listen to Him as opposed to leaning on their own understanding!!!!

So stop leaning on your own understanding and make it about you listening to the Lord our God Jesus Christ, the King of kings and Lord or lords! Indeed, if you are not listening to Him but our leaning on your own understanding then He is not your Lord or your King!! A Lord is someone who gives you instructions which you try and obey!! And our Lord said He would never leave us, so we have Him with us at all times to hear Him and get instructions personally from Him!!And if you do talk to Him, you will find out that His thoughts are not your thoughts!! His ways are not your ways!!!

Therefore, is you really listen to Him like you should, you will find that out pretty much every time you do listen to Him. It will be very clear to you that His thoughts are not your thoughts - because you find that out really quickly if you do talk to Him!!!!!!

One of the passages in the Bible that I find very interesting is the passage where He tells a spirit to go and lie - because it is written that God can not lie - but according to that passage He can tell a spirit to go and lie even if He doesn't!!

1 Kings 22:22 “The LORD said to him, ‘How?' And he said, ‘I will go out and be a deceiving spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.' Then He said, ‘You are to entice him and also prevail. Go and do so.'

How can a God who can not lie tell a deceiving spirit to "Go and do so" - be a lying deceiving spirit? Well He can and did, because He had a purpose for it - and it is recorded in the Bible!!!

The thing is - we just don't know His purposes and need to quit assuming we know His thought and His ways and instead start actually seeking Him and listening. That is the right thing to do!! Yet you also should know that He is Understanding, so you can ask Him to give you understanding and He will - of course the understanding might just be that He is God and He is Understanding!

I remember talking to Him one time when He told me: "Karl, Understanding is understanding that I Am Understanding!"

If you really understand that, you will seeking Him for what He says and stop leaning on your understanding, because your understanding is not Understanding, He is!!

Prov 2:11 Discretion will guard you,
Understanding will watch over you,

Prov 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
And do not lean on your own understanding.

Prov 7:4 Say to wisdom, “You are my sister,”
And call understanding your intimate friend;

If we talk/listen to the Lord then we become an intimate friend of His!!

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are in this world, not of this world, but in this world!!!!

That being the case, He has a purpose for us to be in this world!!

So how do we know what our purpose is exactly???

The answer is to listen to Him and follow Him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are not Jesus Christ the King of kings and Lord or lords - He is!!!!!!!

So who are you to speak for Him!!! As in saying "Jesus would NEVER condone that"

You are making a judgment based on your own understanding!! Now for me; He told me that He didn't want me to participate in the protests!! And His logic for telling me made sense to me, and even more so as protests went on! However could there be a protest that He might want made! There was a prayer vigil that served as a protest, in that it was done around that time and made very public, and He told me that He like that - still I wasn't going because He had told me personally not to go to any protests! Of course that was hundreds of miles from me, so that probably had something to do with His instructions to me.

The thing is, if you read the Bible and talk to Him, you get explanations for things that you read in it. And in the Bible you find God telling Abraham to take is son up the mountain and to sacrifice (kill) his son. So you say that God would never ask you to kill your son? You would have been wrong in that case. So you wrote: "false christian's who stood on both sides of that war killing their own supposed brothers" Did you not ever read in the Bible about how Moses had some pick-up the sword to their brothers??? So was Moses a man that heard from God or not??

Of course he was, and a very special man of God that heard the Lord well!!

Now the Lord told me personally that He was not going to ever ask me to do that - but He also has me telling people to listen to Him as opposed to leaning on their own understanding!!!!

So stop leaning on your own understanding and make it about you listening to the Lord our God Jesus Christ, the King of kings and Lord or lords! Indeed, if you are not listening to Him but our leaning on your own understanding then He is not your Lord or your King!! A Lord is someone who gives you instructions which you try and obey!! And our Lord said He would never leave us, so we have Him with us at all times to hear Him and get instructions personally from Him!!And if you do talk to Him, you will find out that His thoughts are not your thoughts!! His ways are not your ways!!!

Therefore, is you really listen to Him like you should, you will find that out pretty much every time you do listen to Him. It will be very clear to you that His thoughts are not your thoughts - because you find that out really quickly if you do talk to Him!!!!!!

One of the passages in the Bible that I find very interesting is the passage where He tells a spirit to go and lie - because it is written that God can not lie - but according to that passage He can tell a spirit to go and lie even if He doesn't!!

1 Kings 22:22 “The LORD said to him, ‘How?' And he said, ‘I will go out and be a deceiving spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.' Then He said, ‘You are to entice him and also prevail. Go and do so.'

How can a God who can not lie tell a deceiving spirit to "Go and do so" - be a lying deceiving spirit? Well He can and did, because He had a purpose for it - and it is recorded in the Bible!!!

The thing is - we just don't know His purposes and need to quit assuming we know His thought and His ways and instead start actually seeking Him and listening. That is the right thing to do!! Yet you also should know that He is Understanding, so you can ask Him to give you understanding and He will - of course the understanding might just be that He is God and He is Understanding!

I remember talking to Him one time when He told me: "Karl, Understanding is understanding that I Am Understanding!"

If you really understand that, you will seeking Him for what He says and stop leaning on your understanding, because your understanding is not Understanding, He is!!

Prov 2:11 Discretion will guard you,
Understanding will watch over you,

Prov 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
And do not lean on your own understanding.

Prov 7:4 Say to wisdom, “You are my sister,”
And call understanding your intimate friend;

If we talk/listen to the Lord then we become an intimate friend of His!!
Yes to keep busy--seeking first the kingdom and his( YHWH)Jehovah) righteousness--and be no part of this world. Like being told its ok to kill your own brothers in Christ because mortal govts disagree with each other. This world is blind( 2 Cor 4:4)