dadmansabode can you tell me why?....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You believe in the Pre-Trib rapture? I would like to discuss this with you with an open mind.

Please share with me your understanding of scripture relating to this theology and please do not send a link to McArthurs stuff. I will do my best to keep to the topic and not get mad ;)

PS I will also reply as time permits...thanks

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
th_smiley-raising-waving-hand.gif
I believe in a pre-trib rapture too! Lookie me! Over here!
th_smiley-raising-waving-hand.gif

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Oh hi honey!
I was kinda hoping I could get into a good discussion here with dadmansabode in his own words...but you have the floor!
2u6fhhd.gif

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Angelina said:
Oh hi honey!
I was kinda hoping I could get into a good discussion here with dadmansabode in his own words...but you have the floor!
2u6fhhd.gif
Hopefully he will chip in!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are multiple events...

The rapture - In ordinary times, such as Lots and Noahs.
The kingdom of the AntiChrist - 3.5 years
The tribulation - 3.5 years - The plagues
The second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ - Between the tribulation and the millennial reign

The rapture happens in ordinary times. If this event were post tribulation it would be rather well announced, and not as a thief in the night...

26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.
27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.
28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;
29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed. - Luke 19
Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; - 2 Thessalonians 2:3

The Return of Christ comes after tribulation.

26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.
27 And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven. - Mark 13

SimpleFaith

Sep 7, 2015
I don't know McArthur. There are a number of scriptures that indicate that the church/present body of Christ will not go through the tribulation. Here are a few.

The apostle Paul wrote in 2 Thes.2:6-8 that the restrainer must be taken out of the way before the lawless one/antichrist is revealed.

That is significant because Daniel wrote according to what the angel revealed to him, that the remaining prophetic time table, the "70th week" is known to occur, Dan.9:27, when he will make a firm covenant with many.

The seventieth week of Daniel is according to the "weeks of years" phrase, referring to a seven year period.

He, in Dan.9:27 is associated with, from the same group of people, Dan.9:26, the prince who is to come.. who in 70AD destroyed the city and the sanctuary.

He confirms a covenant, or a political agreement which has already been presented and agreed upon in 1993, the Oslo Accord which was supposed to last for 7 years.

Daniel 9:27 continues to state that.. at the beginning of that peace treaty, the Jews will rebuild their Temple and begin making animal sacrifices. In the middle of that "week" after 3.5 years, the sacrifices will be stopped by the anti-christ, and another abomination of desolation will be set up in the Jewish temple as was done in history by Antioch Epiphanes.

The church age is an inserted span of years that put God's dealings with the Jews on pause. He will resume it when the church is raptured up into heaven. Of course, during that time gentiles will still get saved, but they are not a part of the church age body of Christ. They are "the gentile tribulation saints". They are not identified as "the church", but as "saints". The church age and the tribulation age are two dispensations that deal with different groups of people.