Daily provision

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hope in God

May 29, 2019
TAMPA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lots of things could be placed in a list of common daily responsibilities. Get to work, pay the bills, wash the car, feed the dog, cut the grass, take out the trash. These chores could be a part of an everyday routine.

In addition, if one has a vision for achievement, whether it is hobby or career related, even those pursuits bear a cost that demands a realization at the start.

Luke 14:28, “For which of you, intending to build a tower, sits not down first to count the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?

Not one of Christ’s followers will ever suddenly arise from sleep with a solid foundation in the Word of God without having taken the time to search the Scriptures, and that with the aid of a qualified teacher and God's leading.

It is written of the Berean church (Acts 17:11) that they received the word with readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

As we read, the pattern for studying God’s Word throughout the days of the First Church, not surprisingly, was daily. Not bi-weekly or monthly, but daily.

Proverbs 8:34, “ Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.

Matt. 6:11, “Give us this day our daily bread.”

The pattern of daily study and preparation is especially appropriate, since, as we’re told, it is possible to be oppressed daily (Ps. 56:1-2), reproached daily (Ps. 42:10), and be in derision daily (Jer. 20: 7-8).

To ready ourselves against these assaults, it is needful that we receive our daily provision from the Lord just like the children of Israel who were fed from heaven their daily allotment of manna. (Exodus 16:5)