Dallas Jenkins Reveals 'Bad News' About 'The Chosen'

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus from the LDS Mormon standpoint?

I wasn't able to watch this crowd funded series for long. After the 2nd episode I knew this wasn't for me.

Any fans of the show here? Season 4 will be in theaters.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"The Chosen" is a TV show that originally crowd-source funded. They've since moved to a model where the budget is supplemented by movie theater sales. The "bad news" presented by the director is that it's going to a in theaters for a while, and have a much later streaming release (different than the previous seasons).

I'm personally not a fan of the show because I haven't tried it. So really indifferent. I've heard others say many good things about it.

As the the "LDS Mormon standpoint": no. The show is produced by people of different denominations / faiths: example the director is Evangelical and Christ's actor is Catholic. If you're a person that requires you media to be crafted & shipped by only folks of your denomination, then this show is simply not for you.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus from the LDS Mormon standpoint?

I wasn't able to watch this crowd funded series for long. After the 2nd episode I knew this wasn't for me.

Any fans of the show here? Season 4 will be in theaters.
I'm anything but a fan of The Chosen. The storyline changes fundamental aspects of the Gospel, and applies stories to people that are made up, and have the potential to change how the audience then perceives these people in the Bible.

For instance . . . Peter, a man with ongoing tax issues with Rome. Impugning one of the Lord's Apostles, I'd be careful! A disciple who is crippled, but whom Jesus will not heal. Yet Jesus healed everyone who came to Him, and this was a big part of His authentification as the LORD's Christ. It was the heart of God toward man. Yet this man? No, Jesus refuses.

So no, I don't watch The Chosen, and I recommend no one does. Just my POV.

Much love!

Reactions: BlessedPeace

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dallas Jenkins, the creator, writer, director and executive producer of “The Chosen” series, is an evangelical Christian. He addressed the "LDS issue" below.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I dont watch it, but i dont hate it.

A lot of people who are pretty theologically sound, love the show because of the way that Jesus's humanity and deity is presented.

Im aware that early on, as @marks accurately stated, that one of the episodes has Jesus not healing someone.
Reason? Its D.Jenkins theology, more then likely, as there is that teaching that God lets you suffer to help you Grow., or causes it.
if that is true then show me a verse in the Bible where Jesus gave someone cancer or some disease.
Did Jesus ever cast a demon INTO someone?

So, lets say that "carrying your Cross" and Hebrews 12:6, is what Dallas Jenkins is trying to get across, and failed.
Then, i can see his rationale, but as @marks said..... when you create an idea like that regarding the viewers, you open the door to a lot of potential misunderstandings regarding God, Christ, and Their Earthly ministry.

Jesus came to heal, forgive, and restore. and God is the same.
How do you know?
Its because Jesus told us... "if you've SEEN ME.... you've seen the Father".

"I and my FATHER, are ONE"..

So...Its was a 2nd mistake for that episode to never be "corrected" (so far)....... as had Dallas corrected it, then while that is still not biblical, its at least recognized as offensive to the Truth, and thereby addressed and corrected.

Now, having said that, and having done some research.... it is a fact that the actor playing "Little James" whom Jesus didnt heal in the series, is actually a cripple.
He's not faking that limp.
So, perhaps, Dallas Jenkins is somewhat of a Calvinist... in that "whatever happens, was designed by God".
I dont know that he is a Calvinist, but that type of Que Sera Sera (what will be will be) or Calvinism "its all designed beforehand and good luck with your terminal disease..."..
If that is a part of DJenkins Belief system, then that would explain that episode and why its still ongoing.

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
David Wheaton, ultra-conservative founder of The Christian Worldview ministry, has been highly critical of both "The Chosen" and the "He Gets Us" campaign.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
David Wheaton, ultra-conservative founder of The Christian Worldview ministry, has been highly critical of both "The Chosen" and the "He Gets Us" campaign.

I haven't seen the He Gets Us campaign televised in quite awhile.

Isn't the owner of Hobby Lobby behind those spots?

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
P

I haven't seen the He Gets Us campaign televised in quite awhile.

Isn't the owner of Hobby Lobby behind those spots?
Well, they bought a couple of $14,000,000 spots on the Super Bowl telecast. From what I understand (from David Wheaton) is that the owner of Hobby Lobby is not still so involved but they have something like a BILLION DOLLARS in financing.

I sound like I'm promoting David Wheaton. I got in the habit of listening while doing Saturday morning chairs but now find myself screaming at the radio at least half the time.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For those of us for whom The Chosen doesn't appeal, or feel right, we may have had insight before this came to the attention of some.

The Chosen is hiding something.

Reactions: Cassandra