Dan. 9:24

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Re: Dan. 9

I point out the truths of Bible Prophecy ...

If you did then you'd start at the BEGINNING of the Prophecy, rather than jump in the middle all the while VIOLATING the Literal Text and History, to push a FALSE Doctrine.

You are lied to, and then lie to.
Bobby Jo

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I point out the truths of Bible Prophecy, plainly described facts that most deny, to their discredit and to their future regret.

You know; you are right - doing anything about the forthcoming worldwide disaster, is futile. However; Isaiah 26:20-21 applies.
My main aim is to warn people about what the Lord will use to reset our civilization, so that when it comes, they will know it is from the Lord and they will call upon His Name for protection during that terrible Day.

Symbols? The ancient Prophets did use metaphors sometimes, because they didn't have the modern knowledge that we have. We can figure out what they said, or the bible explains then elsewhere.
Fire from the sun will strike the earth, CME's have happened before.
Mountains and islands will move; Tectonic plate movement happens.
Stars will fall: Meteor showers happen and our 7000+ satellites will be forced to crash back to earth by the pressure wave of a CME.
As for kings and generals, you fail to note that Revelation 6:15 describes every person alive at that time. But it is a war that triggers God's fiery wrath; the attack prophesied in Psalms 83 and Micah 4:11-12

Of course these natural disasters happen! That's why God was using them in a vision as metaphors for a change in control of the planet, from pagan leaders to divine leadership. Remember that this is a *vision.* Some of it is literal, and some is metaphorical, or symbolic. It's pretty apparent that these symbols in the 6th Seal are symbolic of a change in ownership of the earth. And the reason for this change is built into the description. The fig tree fails to produce good fruit. The people have sinned and need to repent. People know they deserve judgment.

They are being warned of the end of the age, in a catastrophic change in political leadership. Every nation and every individual will be affected. You're right about that. We should warn not about one specific calamity, but about a complete change of anything we believe to be stable in our current world. Every crutch will be broken-that is, I believe, the idea. We should not trust in anything in this world, but only in God, whose righteousness alone will guarantee us a safe haven for eternity.