Dare I ask this...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He does, and He will. I see no reprieve from the tyranny about to be unleashed upon mankind, and in particular God's people. I see things getting only worse. Sorry to be so negative. But that is only from a worldly perspective. ON the spiritual plane, I see things getting better and better. Yes, there is going to be a shaking. The chaff will fall out; churches, when and if we get back to any semblance of normality in meeting together, will not have as many attending as previous, for several reasons. But those who remain faithful I believe and continue to grow closer to their Lord, will be the ones to experience great blessings and be used mightily in the future for God's kingdom before Jesus comes. We are at but the beginning of sorrows. There will be future crisis and each one will test us to the limit, and we will see I think a continuing widening between the church and the world. I believe we have seen this for some time. That gap however is growing exponentially and it will son erupt into violence and eventually legislation targeting the church. And nominal Christians and worldly churches will be at the forefront of those proposing that legislation as the genuine Christians will stand as a living testimony challenging their hypocrisy. Remember Elijah, John the Baptist, and the Spirit of Elijah in the last days.
I believe we are entering the tribulation...especially after the signing of the peace agreement yesterday.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I believe we are entering the tribulation...especially after the signing of the peace agreement yesterday.
30 years ago I used to view Israel as an integral component of prophecy. I no longer hold to that view. While tensions in the middle east may impact final movements, the real players in end time events are I believe hiding in plain sight elsewhere, but soon to be exposed. The current pandemic is eliciting responses from various quarters that are beginning to expose the final actors in the drama, and further crisis in the future will continue in that fashion. I think those among us who look forward to the second coming with a love for truth will soon discover that Israel will begin to hold less and less significance in their thinking. I believe Israel is a distraction. The real action is happening elsewhere.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is interesting...
"Arthur Firstenberg - August 11, 2020
As a person who went to medical school, I was shocked when I read Neil Orr’s study, published in 1981 in the Annals of the Royal College of Surgeons of England. Dr. Orr was a surgeon in the Severalls Surgical Unit in Colchester. And for six months, from March through August 1980, the surgeons and staff in that unit decided to see what would happen if they did not wear masks during surgeries. They wore no masks for six months, and compared the rate of surgical wound infections from March through August 1980 with the rate of wound infections from March through August of the previous four years. And they discovered, to their amazement, that when nobody wore masks during surgeries, the rate of wound infections was less than half what it was when everyone wore masks.
Their conclusion: “It would appear that minimum contamination can best be achieved by not wearing a mask at all” and that wearing a mask during surgery “is a standard procedure that could be abandoned.”
I was so amazed that I scoured the medical literature, sure that this was a fluke and that newer studies must show the utility of masks in preventing the spread of disease. But to my surprise the medical literature for the past forty-five years has been consistent: masks are useless in preventing the spread of disease and, if anything, are unsanitary objects that themselves spread bacteria and viruses.
Ritter et al., in 1975, found that “the wearing of a surgical face mask had no effect upon the overall operating room environmental contamination.”
Ha’eri and Wiley, in 1980, applied human albumin microspheres to the interior of surgical masks in 20 operations. At the end of each operation, wound washings were examined under the microscope. “Particle contamination of the wound was demonstrated in all experiments.”
Laslett and Sabin, in 1989, found that caps and masks were not necessary during cardiac catheterization. “No infections were found in any patient, regardless of whether a cap or mask was used,” they wrote. Sjøl and Kelbaek came to the same conclusion in 2002.
In Tunevall’s 1991 study, a general surgical team wore no masks in half of their surgeries for two years. After 1,537 operations performed with masks, the wound infection rate was 4.7%, while after 1,551 operations performed without masks, the wound infection rate was only 3.5%.
A review by Skinner and Sutton in 2001 concluded that “The evidence for discontinuing the use of surgical face masks would appear to be stronger than the evidence available to support their continued use.”
Lahme et al., in 2001, wrote that “surgical face masks worn by patients during regional anaesthesia, did not reduce the concentration of airborne bacteria over the operation field in our study. Thus they are dispensable.”
Figueiredo et al., in 2001, reported that in five years of doing peritoneal dialysis without masks, rates of peritonitis in their unit were no different than rates in hospitals where masks were worn.
Bahli did a systematic literature review in 2009 and found that “no significant difference in the incidence of postoperative wound infection was observed between masks groups and groups operated with no masks.”
Surgeons at the Karolinska Institute in Sweden, recognizing the lack of evidence supporting the use of masks, ceased requiring them in 2010 for anesthesiologists and other non-scrubbed personnel in the operating room. “Our decision to no longer require routine surgical masks for personnel not scrubbed for surgery is a departure from common practice. But the evidence to support this practice does not exist,” wrote Dr. Eva Sellden.
Webster et al., in 2010, reported on obstetric, gynecological, general, orthopaedic, breast and urological surgeries performed on 827 patients. All non-scrubbed staff wore masks in half the surgeries, and none of the non-scrubbed staff wore masks in half the surgeries. Surgical site infections occurred in 11.5% of the Mask group, and in only 9.0% of the No Mask group.
Lipp and Edwards reviewed the surgical literature in 2014 and found “no statistically significant difference in infection rates between the masked and unmasked group in any of the trials.” Vincent and Edwards updated this review in 2016 and the conclusion was the same.
Carøe, in a 2014 review based on four studies and 6,006 patients, wrote that “none of the four studies found a difference in the number of post-operative infections whether you used a surgical mask or not.”
Salassa and Swiontkowski, in 2014, investigated the necessity of scrubs, masks and head coverings in the operating room and concluded that “there is no evidence that these measures reduce the prevalence of surgical site infection.”
Da Zhou et al., reviewing the literature in 2015, concluded that “there is a lack of substantial evidence to support claims that facemasks protect either patient or surgeon from infectious contamination.”
Schools in China are now prohibiting students from wearing masks while exercising. Why? Because it was killing them. It was depriving them of oxygen and it was killing them. At least three children died during Physical Education classes — two of them while running on their school’s track while wearing a mask. And a 26-year-old man suffered a collapsed lung after running two and a half miles while wearing a mask.
Mandating masks has not kept death rates down anywhere. The 20 US states that have never ordered people to wear face masks indoors and out have dramatically lower COVID-19 death rates than the 30 states that have mandated masks. Most of the no-mask states have COVID-19 death rates below 20 per 100,000 population, and none have a death rate higher than 55. All 13 states that have death rates higher 55 are states that have required the wearing of masks in all public places. It has not protected them.
“We are living in an atmosphere of permanent illness, of meaningless separation,” writes Benjamin Cherry in the Summer 2020 issue of New View magazine.
A separation that is destroying lives, souls and nature."

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hope I recognise the two witnesses when they arrive. Read somewhere that they’ll be similar to Enoch and Elijah, and it won’t rain for a few years ...in uk, it never stops ☔

Reactions: Rita

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hope I recognise the two witnesses when they arrive. Read somewhere that they’ll be similar to Enoch and Elijah, and it won’t rain for a few years ...in uk, it never stops ☔
That is another trib.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Doesn't the antichrist have to be in power when they are here witnessing?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know I quit paying any attention to what they are telling us...I know transmission can happen when touching a surface that an infected person touched. That's why handwashing is the best defense.
IMHO if you are wearing the mask to protect those around you from getting sick then you shouldn't be out in public to begin with.
What do I know, I am just an RN....I will leave it to the experts.:)
Perhaps none of us should be out unnecessarily but sometimes there is no alternative. If everyone had everyone else in front of themselves always, there would probably not be a pandemic. Of course in that case we would also all be always on the Lord's side and heaven would be our home now! Give God the glory!

Last edited:

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He does, and He will. I see no reprieve from the tyranny about to be unleashed upon mankind, and in particular God's people. I see things getting only worse. Sorry to be so negative. But that is only from a worldly perspective. ON the spiritual plane, I see things getting better and better. Yes, there is going to be a shaking. The chaff will fall out; churches, when and if we get back to any semblance of normality in meeting together, will not have as many attending as previous, for several reasons. But those who remain faithful I believe and continue to grow closer to their Lord, will be the ones to experience great blessings and be used mightily in the future for God's kingdom before Jesus comes. We are at but the beginning of sorrows. There will be future crisis and each one will test us to the limit, and we will see I think a continuing widening between the church and the world. I believe we have seen this for some time. That gap however is growing exponentially and it will son erupt into violence and eventually legislation targeting the church. And nominal Christians and worldly churches will be at the forefront of those proposing that legislation as the genuine Christians will stand as a living testimony challenging their hypocrisy. Remember Elijah, John the Baptist, and the Spirit of Elijah in the last days.
This is hard to "like" but I believe it is true.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is interesting...
"Arthur Firstenberg - August 11, 2020
As a person who went to medical school, I was shocked when I read Neil Orr’s study, published in 1981 in the Annals of the Royal College of Surgeons of England. Dr. Orr was a surgeon in the Severalls Surgical Unit in Colchester. And for six months, from March through August 1980, the surgeons and staff in that unit decided to see what would happen if they did not wear masks during surgeries. They wore no masks for six months, and compared the rate of surgical wound infections from March through August 1980 with the rate of wound infections from March through August of the previous four years. And they discovered, to their amazement, that when nobody wore masks during surgeries, the rate of wound infections was less than half what it was when everyone wore masks.
Their conclusion: “It would appear that minimum contamination can best be achieved by not wearing a mask at all” and that wearing a mask during surgery “is a standard procedure that could be abandoned.”
I was so amazed that I scoured the medical literature, sure that this was a fluke and that newer studies must show the utility of masks in preventing the spread of disease. But to my surprise the medical literature for the past forty-five years has been consistent: masks are useless in preventing the spread of disease and, if anything, are unsanitary objects that themselves spread bacteria and viruses.
Ritter et al., in 1975, found that “the wearing of a surgical face mask had no effect upon the overall operating room environmental contamination.”
Ha’eri and Wiley, in 1980, applied human albumin microspheres to the interior of surgical masks in 20 operations. At the end of each operation, wound washings were examined under the microscope. “Particle contamination of the wound was demonstrated in all experiments.”
Laslett and Sabin, in 1989, found that caps and masks were not necessary during cardiac catheterization. “No infections were found in any patient, regardless of whether a cap or mask was used,” they wrote. Sjøl and Kelbaek came to the same conclusion in 2002.
In Tunevall’s 1991 study, a general surgical team wore no masks in half of their surgeries for two years. After 1,537 operations performed with masks, the wound infection rate was 4.7%, while after 1,551 operations performed without masks, the wound infection rate was only 3.5%.
A review by Skinner and Sutton in 2001 concluded that “The evidence for discontinuing the use of surgical face masks would appear to be stronger than the evidence available to support their continued use.”
Lahme et al., in 2001, wrote that “surgical face masks worn by patients during regional anaesthesia, did not reduce the concentration of airborne bacteria over the operation field in our study. Thus they are dispensable.”
Figueiredo et al., in 2001, reported that in five years of doing peritoneal dialysis without masks, rates of peritonitis in their unit were no different than rates in hospitals where masks were worn.
Bahli did a systematic literature review in 2009 and found that “no significant difference in the incidence of postoperative wound infection was observed between masks groups and groups operated with no masks.”
Surgeons at the Karolinska Institute in Sweden, recognizing the lack of evidence supporting the use of masks, ceased requiring them in 2010 for anesthesiologists and other non-scrubbed personnel in the operating room. “Our decision to no longer require routine surgical masks for personnel not scrubbed for surgery is a departure from common practice. But the evidence to support this practice does not exist,” wrote Dr. Eva Sellden.
Webster et al., in 2010, reported on obstetric, gynecological, general, orthopaedic, breast and urological surgeries performed on 827 patients. All non-scrubbed staff wore masks in half the surgeries, and none of the non-scrubbed staff wore masks in half the surgeries. Surgical site infections occurred in 11.5% of the Mask group, and in only 9.0% of the No Mask group.
Lipp and Edwards reviewed the surgical literature in 2014 and found “no statistically significant difference in infection rates between the masked and unmasked group in any of the trials.” Vincent and Edwards updated this review in 2016 and the conclusion was the same.
Carøe, in a 2014 review based on four studies and 6,006 patients, wrote that “none of the four studies found a difference in the number of post-operative infections whether you used a surgical mask or not.”
Salassa and Swiontkowski, in 2014, investigated the necessity of scrubs, masks and head coverings in the operating room and concluded that “there is no evidence that these measures reduce the prevalence of surgical site infection.”
Da Zhou et al., reviewing the literature in 2015, concluded that “there is a lack of substantial evidence to support claims that facemasks protect either patient or surgeon from infectious contamination.”
Schools in China are now prohibiting students from wearing masks while exercising. Why? Because it was killing them. It was depriving them of oxygen and it was killing them. At least three children died during Physical Education classes — two of them while running on their school’s track while wearing a mask. And a 26-year-old man suffered a collapsed lung after running two and a half miles while wearing a mask.
Mandating masks has not kept death rates down anywhere. The 20 US states that have never ordered people to wear face masks indoors and out have dramatically lower COVID-19 death rates than the 30 states that have mandated masks. Most of the no-mask states have COVID-19 death rates below 20 per 100,000 population, and none have a death rate higher than 55. All 13 states that have death rates higher 55 are states that have required the wearing of masks in all public places. It has not protected them.
“We are living in an atmosphere of permanent illness, of meaningless separation,” writes Benjamin Cherry in the Summer 2020 issue of New View magazine.
A separation that is destroying lives, souls and nature."
I'm not above changing my mind about firmly held beliefs, but statistics and peer-reviewed studies hold a lot of suspicion for me, especially since I saw a series on science and religion from a credible (to me) scholar. Statistics regarding various aspects regarding COVID-19 have been rendered nearly meaningless to me by ignorance and manipulation. On the other hand, that's kind of what this is all about, isn't it: Science being wrong? (Not that I'm anti-science--really--I was just admiring the Big Dipper from my back patio a few nights ago.)

Reactions: Brakelite

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Thessalonians 2:3 says the rebellion must begin and the antichrist must be revealed. He could have already been working in secret or even out in the open in disguise.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Thessalonians 2:3 says the rebellion must begin and the antichrist must be revealed. He could have already been working in secret or even out in the open in disguise.
That's what I thought but he hasn't been revealed yet.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Correct. But the Holy Spirit (along with the Church) are absent from the earth at that time. That is the only way that the Antichrist can take total control for 3 1/2 years. And just as Jews were justified before the outpouring of the Spirit, some (or many) will be saved through the ministry of the two witnesses (Moses and Elijah, since Enoch was not a miracle worker).

These have power to shut heaven [as did Elijah], that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, [as did Moses] as often as they will. (Rev 11:6)

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How would that happen? I'm not sure He has ever alerted me to anything.
Maybe He has and you didn't know what happened. If you have the Scriptures stored as treasures in your heart, they can come to mind when you need them.

For example, I got home the other day and saw a crushed paper cup on the street outside of my house. I picked it up when this verse came to mind:

James 4:17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

I'm not sure myself if the Holy Spirit reminded me of that verse -- perhaps so -- but I picked up paper cup so others wouldn't have to look at trash on the street. It made me happy to do that tiny little thing.

I also read the Bible in a way most people don't. For example, I told myself to remember this verse whenever I see cows on a hill.

Psalm 50:10 For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills.

I often think of that verse when I see cows, even if they aren't on a hill. It's been useful too since if I'm going along thinking about worldly things, remembering that verse brings me back to keeping God in my mind. If I see lilies, I think about what Jesus said about lilies.

When I hear about people claiming to be prophets, I am skeptical. Maybe they are, maybe they aren't. I remember:

Matthew 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There are several threads that deal with covid 19. And I've read many more on Facebook... Watched numerous videos on you tube... Read blogs, articles, and news reports from both sides of the political divide, but haven't actually come across any that answers my question. People are dying no doubt. Many are getting sick, certainly. But I gotta ask...
Is covid 19 a genuine real new virus that had been scientifically analysed, separated, isolated and actually fully identified as a new virus? Yes, we have lock-downs. Yes, we have masks. We have social distancing. We have politicians speaking authoritatively, and not so much, from all manner of directions informing us that we need to do this and that to stay alive... We have doctor's and experts contradicting one another on the extent, rates of contact, death, hospitalisation, and myriad methods of avoidance, but it's it real? What scientific proof do we have that the virus is real... Because none of the above, no matter how convincing, is proof.
Anyone?
Hello @Backlit,

Are you happy with your responses? Do you feel you now understand this virus better?

With love in Christ Jesus
Chris