Dare I ask this...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There are several threads that deal with covid 19. And I've read many more on Facebook... Watched numerous videos on you tube... Read blogs, articles, and news reports from both sides of the political divide, but haven't actually come across any that answers my question. People are dying no doubt. Many are getting sick, certainly. But I gotta ask...
Is covid 19 a genuine real new virus that had been scientifically analysed, separated, isolated and actually fully identified as a new virus? Yes, we have lockdowns. Yes, we have masks. We have social distancing. We have politicians speaking authoratitively, and not so much, from all manner of directions informing us that we need to do this and that to stay alive... We have doctor's and experts contradicting one another on the extent, rates of contact, death, hospitalisation, and myriad methods of avoidance, but it's it real? What scientific proof do we have that the virus is real... Because none of the above, no matter how convincing, is proof.
Anyone?

Scoot

May 14, 2020
Victoria, Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
From what I understand COVID is not new. It's been around for a while and is part of the SARS virus, but has some interesting or unusual attributes to it.

As for scientific analysis - I'm sure it has been studied quite a bit - however has some of these studies been manipulated for an agenda, and what is true and what is lies about what we are being told by various sources - that is the question that is very difficult to answer - especially with the censorship and suppression of anyone challenging the main line from the U.N./ W.H.O..

As you have mentioned - we have a lot of contradiction but what indeed is real?

That to me is the crux of allowing free speech, allowing practicing doctors to give their testimonies and practice medicine - so that there are various sources that can stand or fall on their own merits. Truth can take a beating and still stand - whereas lies fall when truth is brought forward much quicker.

What we're seeing I have no doubt of is agenda's been setup. There's simply no need for the censorship if truth is the final goal - as lies are easily exposed. Rather - I suspect that the reason for censoring is exactly the opposite - to protect lies - because when lies are challenged with evidence - they fall way too easily.

But of course, I'm someone who very much values freedom of speech for this exact reason - which seems to be going against a growing culture these days of people who want to be told, and want to believe lies -as long as they get what they want.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What scientific proof do we have that the virus is real
Coronavirus (COVID-19) has been analyzed and shown to be a laboratory- manipulated virus. It is very real and it was manipulated so that it would become a hazard to humans. There was information published about this months ago. Some researchers think it evolved, others believe it was created:

EVOLVED
"Donald Benton, co-lead author and postdoctoral training fellow in the Structural Biology of Disease Processes Laboratory at the Crick, says: "The exact process of how SARS-CoV-2 evolved remains unclear and is something many researchers are trying to piece together. Our work provides a piece of this puzzle, as it suggests that the virus did not come straight from the bat coronaviruses currently known."

LAB CREATED
Prof Tritto: COVID-19 was created in the Wuhan laboratory and is now in the hands of the Chinese military

"Rome (AsiaNews) – COVID-19, which is killing and infecting people all over the world, is not a naturally occurring virus; instead, it was created in Wuhan, in a level-4 biosafety laboratory. Not only Chinese, but also French and US scientists contributed to the production of this "chimera," an organism created in a lab."

Prof Tritto: COVID-19 was created in the Wuhan laboratory and is now in the hands of the Chinese military

Last edited:

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Is covid 19 a genuine real new virus that had been scientifically analyzed, separated, isolated and actually fully identified as a new virus?

There are some experts that are saying that covid doesn't even exist. Dr Kaufman is one that comes to mind.
According to them covid19 has never been isolated and doesn't meet the standard of Kosh's postulates which is a method of verifying a virus

Reactions: Brakelite

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are several threads that deal with covid 19. And I've read many more on Facebook... Watched numerous videos on you tube... Read blogs, articles, and news reports from both sides of the political divide, but haven't actually come across any that answers my question. People are dying no doubt. Many are getting sick, certainly. But I gotta ask...
Is covid 19 a genuine real new virus that had been scientifically analysed, separated, isolated and actually fully identified as a new virus? Yes, we have lockdowns. Yes, we have masks. We have social distancing. We have politicians speaking authoratitively, and not so much, from all manner of directions informing us that we need to do this and that to stay alive... We have doctor's and experts contradicting one another on the extent, rates of contact, death, hospitalisation, and myriad methods of avoidance, but it's it real? What scientific proof do we have that the virus is real... Because none of the above, no matter how convincing, is proof.
Anyone?
The confusion and contradictions tell me we are dealing with something new. Science has identified the virus itself, but things are still being learned about its properties. A picture taken by an electron microscope may tell us it's real, but not much else. Science seldom can say anything with complete certainty. Science deals with educated guesses; and the more we find out, the better the guesses should become.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The confusion and contradictions tell me we are dealing with something new. Science has identified the virus itself, but things are still being learned about its properties. A picture taken by an electron microscope may tell us it's real, but not much else. Science seldom can say anything with complete certainty. Science deals with educated guesses; and the more we find out, the better the guesses should become.
Destroying the economy of the entire planet seems s strange way to react to an educated guess.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Well this is exactly why there should be an open discussion about covid.
Instead we see experts being censored, banned, sacked, doxed, cancelled and silenced for giving an opinion which doesn't conform to the mainstream narrative... This is communism and i will never accept it...

Six months ago u believed in freedom of speech, right? Do u still believe that?
Or do u accept this kind of censorship?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Coronavirus (COVID-19) has been analyzed and shown to be a laboratory- manipulated virus. It is very real and it was manipulated so that it would become a hazard to humans. There was information published about this months ago. Some researchers think it evolved, others believe it was created:

EVOLVED
"Donald Benton, co-lead author and postdoctoral training fellow in the Structural Biology of Disease Processes Laboratory at the Crick, says: "The exact process of how SARS-CoV-2 evolved remains unclear and is something many researchers are trying to piece together. Our work provides a piece of this puzzle, as it suggests that the virus did not come straight from the bat coronaviruses currently known."

LAB CREATED

"Rome (AsiaNews) – COVID-19, which is killing and infecting people all over the world, is not a naturally occurring virus; instead, it was created in Wuhan, in a level-4 biosafety laboratory. Not only Chinese, but also French and US scientists contributed to the production of this "chimera," an organism created in a lab."

WORD!
Not to mention...those spike suction cup things protruding off of the virus were never there with the original Covid/Sars virus.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More answers that in truth are not answers, at least, not answers that the amateur can bank on and act on with assurance that he can be heading in the right direction. Help us dear Lord for in you alone may we trust...

Reactions: Brakelite

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well this is exactly why there should be an open discussion about covid.
Instead we see experts being censored, banned, sacked, doxed, cancelled and silenced for giving an opinion which doesn't conform to the mainstream narrative... This is communism and i will never accept it...

Six months ago u believed in freedom of speech, right? Do u still believe that?
Or do u accept this kind of censorship?
Free speech has its limits. Did you know people are still drinking hand sanitizers?

Story here: People are dying after drinking hand sanitizer, CDC says - CNN

Should I be allowed to sell sanitizer and tell you you can drink it? Should Facebook allow me to promote it?

If speech endangers lives, it can be curbed. We have too much "free speech". Did you hear Dr. Fauci had to hire security because he was getting death threats? That's because people were creating rumors about him.

What about the post above that says this virus was created by China in a lab? Then there were rumors by the Chinese about the US military creating the virus. A woman accused by the Chinese has had lots of problems as a result of that rumor about her. Does free speech mean we have the right to blacken the names of others on little to no evidence?

Did you hear about the rumors about Hillary Clinton and the pizza shop? People said it was run by pedophiles. The people involved in creating and spreading those rumors didn't go to prison. Someone who read them did. He believed what he read, got a gun and went to that pizza shop. That man was used. He's still in prison. I think the people who started the rumor may be guiltier than he was.

Facebook and Twitter are private companies. They have the right to decide what is allowed on their sites just the way a grocery store has the right to decide what's in their stores.

If Facebook allowed people to promote child prostitution, what should happen? How about hit-men saying they're available for work? Ads selling heroin? What should happen if Twitter allowed terrorists or criminals to recruit new people and to make plans on their platform? Should we say, "As long as they're just talking about blowing up churches, it's free speech -- let them talk."

You say experts are being silenced. If that is true, how did you find out about it? What is true, it seems to me, is that some of these people who protest being kicked off of Twitter and Facebook seem to think they're owed a platform. That's like me expecting a theater to give me free space to hold a meeting in.

Should Russian and Chinese be allowed to post their propaganda on Twitter and Facebook? It happened four years ago on Facebook. In fact, sometimes I wonder if maybe you haven't fallen for some Russian and Chinese propaganda by reading and listening to people who make things up in order to create unrest. Look at how unhappy some of the things you read can make you. Are you being played? Since you're in Australia, I'd suspect Chinese stirring things up -- not on Twitter or Facebook which would take them down -- but on other sites that bad mouth Twitter and Facebook as censoring them. They aren't being censored -- they just aren't being allowed to post on those companies' platforms. To a large degree, that's because Facebook is afraid of law suits in the future -- and if they don't regulate themselves better, governments will.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Free speech has its limits. Did you know people are still drinking hand sanitizers?

Story here: People are dying after drinking hand sanitizer, CDC says - CNN

Should I be allowed to sell sanitizer and tell you you can drink it? Should Facebook allow me to promote it?

If speech endangers lives, it can be curbed. We have too much "free speech". Did you hear Dr. Fauci had to hire security because he was getting death threats? That's because people were creating rumors about him.

What about the post above that says this virus was created by China in a lab? Then there were rumors by the Chinese about the US military creating the virus. A woman accused by the Chinese has had lots of problems as a result of that rumor about her. Does free speech mean we have the right to blacken the names of others on little to no evidence?

Did you hear about the rumors about Hillary Clinton and the pizza shop? People said it was run by pedophiles. The people involved in creating and spreading those rumors didn't go to prison. Someone who read them did. He believed what he read, got a gun and went to that pizza shop. That man was used. He's still in prison. I think the people who started the rumor may be guiltier than he was.

Facebook and Twitter are private companies. They have the right to decide what is allowed on their sites just the way a grocery store has the right to decide what's in their stores.

If Facebook allowed people to promote child prostitution, what should happen? How about hit-men saying they're available for work? Ads selling heroin? What should happen if Twitter allowed terrorists or criminals to recruit new people and to make plans on their platform? Should we say, "As long as they're just talking about blowing up churches, it's free speech -- let them talk."

You say experts are being silenced. If that is true, how did you find out about it? What is true, it seems to me, is that some of these people who protest being kicked off of Twitter and Facebook seem to think they're owed a platform. That's like me expecting a theater to give me free space to hold a meeting in.

Should Russian and Chinese be allowed to post their propaganda on Twitter and Facebook? It happened four years ago on Facebook. In fact, sometimes I wonder if maybe you haven't fallen for some Russian and Chinese propaganda by reading and listening to people who make things up in order to create unrest. Look at how unhappy some of the things you read can make you. Are you being played? Since you're in Australia, I'd suspect Chinese stirring things up -- not on Twitter or Facebook which would take them down -- but on other sites that bad mouth Twitter and Facebook as censoring them. They aren't being censored -- they just aren't being allowed to post on those companies' platforms. To a large degree, that's because Facebook is afraid of law suits in the future -- and if they don't regulate themselves better, governments will.

The fact those social media platforms that are doing the censoring are private companies makes it even more suspicious

That's what u believe now I guess, the silencing of scientific opinions...
Me personally, i will never accept communism.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fact those social media platforms that are doing the censoring are private companies makes it even more suspicious

That's what u believe now I guess, the silencing of scientific opinions...
Me personally, i will never accept communism.
Allowing corporations to choose what they permit on their platforms is not communism. What I see in Communist countries is that the government decides what is allowed. Do we really want the government involved in deciding what can and what cannot be on social media?

Reactions: bbyrd009

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone?

If I may that is our problem we have turned to Facebook, Watched numerous videos on YouTube, Read blogs, news reports, and forums but we don't go where the scientific data is (you may have and I apologize in advance). We want to believe wild theories about this thing on both sides because it can not really be what it is it has to be a Government conspiracy either from the left or the right. If we use data it is from years ago and then from day one it all became political so now we don't know anything or were to turn. Even I don't what to believe anymore but I will practice safe things like physical distancing and wearing a mask.

Now I will add to the noise and I found out how this thing started maybe from this article: Where Did COVID-19 Really Come From? and yes even I look at articles :)

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Allowing corporations to choose what they permit on their platforms is not communism. What I see in Communist countries is that the government decides what is allowed. Do we really want the government involved in deciding what can and what cannot be on social media?

And you don't question why they would censor expert opinions... To me its even more suspicious than doctors being sacked from public hospitals

I don't know if u have always believed in scientific censorship but in science no expert should be silenced. Doing so is a clear sign of a pseudoscience

Reactions: bbyrd009

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you don't question why they would censor expert opinions... To me its even more suspicious than doctors being sacked from public hospitals

I don't know if u have always believed in scientific censorship but in science no expert should be silenced. Doing so is a clear sign of a pseudoscience
Do experts have more rights than non-experts to free speech? Should corporations allow anyone who calls himself an expert to say anything, to do anything? I thought corporations had the right to run themselves.

Seems different people have different ideas about who's an expert and who is a crackpot. Who gets to decide who the experts are?

It's pretty clear to me you're listening to people who are called experts and who claim to be censored. For all I know, you may enjoy having rebellious opinions. But do tell: How did you find out about them? They weren't silenced. You found out about them. My guess is you found about them at a site that tells you stuff you want to hear.