DATE NIGHT

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
As I was praying this morning I could see that I might be taking Jesus too much for granted. When I first met him it was all very exciting and new and I wanted to spend a lot of time with him and talk about him to anybody who would listen.

In fact it was rather similar to when we first fall in love; it’s all new and wonderful and we can’t bear to be separated and spend our days looking forward to the next time we can be together. Of course this intensity in a relationship doesn’t last no matter how much we love each other and it seems to me it can be like that in our relationship with Jesus.

After our marriage hit a rocky patch some years ago, my husband and I made time to go out once a week on a ‘date’ and talk about what it was that made us fall in love. My daughters do it now; date nights or mini breaks away from their families to keep their relationships fresh.

It occurred to me that we would all benefit from ‘date nights’ with Jesus; time set aside just for him in our busy lives. Even if our lives aren’t that busy I have found that it is still so easy to take him for granted and lose the freshness of our first love. It is something I’d never thought of this way before but my prayers now are for more room in my6 heart and in my life for Jesus.

I think all this train of thought started with the post from @charity quoting the old hymn ‘Tell Me The Old, Old Story’ which led me to think of another oldie, ‘Tell Me The Stories Of Jesus’. We hear so much speculation today and people’s differing interpretation of scripture that we can easily lose sight of the main thing, the most important thing, which is Jesus.

So I am planning to spend more time in his presence just consolidating and refreshing my relationship with him.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I was praying this morning I could see that I might be taking Jesus too much for granted. When I first met him it was all very exciting and new and I wanted to spend a lot of time with him and talk about him to anybody who would listen.

In fact it was rather similar to when we first fall in love; it’s all new and wonderful and we can’t bear to be separated and spend our days looking forward to the next time we can be together. Of course this intensity in a relationship doesn’t last no matter how much we love each other and it seems to me it can be like that in our relationship with Jesus.

After our marriage hit a rocky patch some years ago, my husband and I made time to go out once a week on a ‘date’ and talk about what it was that made us fall in love. My daughters do it now; date nights or mini breaks away from their families to keep their relationships fresh.

It occurred to me that we would all benefit from ‘date nights’ with Jesus; time set aside just for him in our busy lives. Even if our lives aren’t that busy I have found that it is still so easy to take him for granted and lose the freshness of our first love. It is something I’d never thought of this way before but my prayers now are for more room in my6 heart and in my life for Jesus.

I think all this train of thought started with the post from @charity quoting the old hymn ‘Tell Me The Old, Old Story’ which led me to think of another oldie, ‘Tell Me The Stories Of Jesus’. We hear so much speculation today and people’s differing interpretation of scripture that we can easily lose sight of the main thing, the most important thing, which is Jesus.

So I am planning to spend more time in his presence just consolidating and refreshing my relationship with him.
This is great, Pearl! In Revelation, Jesus criticized one of the churches for losing their first love. We all need to get back to the wonder of knowing and loving Jesus!

Reactions: marks and Pearl

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We hear so much speculation today and people’s differing interpretation of scripture that we can easily lose sight of the main thing, the most important thing, which is Jesus.
Amen!! And, Amen!!!

Reactions: Pearl

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

At the completion of the six days of Creation God stopped and rested. He gave that day of rest to us also for the express purpose of having a 'date' with him.....not just a night but a full day so we could be refreshed and renew our acquaintance with him.