DAY OF THE LORD

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What makes the Pre-tribulationalist's idea of a rapture un-Biblical isn't about the concept of a rapture. It's about their idea of a rapture occurring Prior to the tribulation that makes their pre-trib theory wrong.

The word 'rapture' they use all the time actually comes from the Latin translation of the Greek word harpazo. In the KJV Bible, harpazo is rendered as "caught up" (1 Thessalonians 4:17). I prefer to use "caught up" because that's what the KJV uses, and because of how the pre-trib doctors have abused the word rapture.

Well there is no doubt that many authors and preachers who believe in the biblical pre-trib rapture have misused and abused and made many false predictions and declarations.

But teh Rapture will happen anytime between now and the opening of eh Sixth seal which begins the 70th week of Daniel or the 7 year trib or the greagt trib or anything else the last 7 years before the Lord physically returns wish to call it.

Yes rapture is from the Latin, but a rose by any other name still smells just as sweet! It is the great catching up! So that the church can go through the Bema seat judgment, have their works tired and either receive gain or loss, and then as it says in REv. 19, we are dressed in fine lined so that we the Body of Christ and the espoused of Christ finally wed the Lord! Then we return to earth with Him and reign with Him over the 1,000 year kingdom as His bride consort!

I recommend any one interested to read this short manuscript on why the raptiure has to happen prior to teh tribulation period! There is no verse that says specifically that the rapture will occur at such or such a time, but given the nature of teh tribulation and the promises found in SCripture, only a pre-trib "catching up" makes sense.

http://www.arielcontent.org/dcs/pdf/mbs039m.pdf

It is free to download and free to print. But even those who disagree should read this to better understand why a pre trib rapture has much popularity despite all the garbage that misguided believers have published.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well given that after the sixth seal we have 7 years before His return, I agree with you!

You're following the events as written alright, but not the flow of the order of events that Lord Jesus gave. The set order of events for the end He gave are in His Olivet discourse of Matthew 24, Mark 13, and Luke 21, which are about the 7 main Signs of the end leading up to His coming and gathering of His faithful Church. The 7 Signs in His Olivet discourse are the 6 Seals of Rev.6. The very last Sign He gave was that of His 2nd coming.

7th Vial
Rev 16:17-20
17 And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.
18 And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great.
19 And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of His wrath.

20 And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found.
KJV

7th Trumpet
Rev 11:15-18
15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, 'The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of His Christ; and He shall reign for ever and ever.'

16 And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God,
17 Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because Thou hast taken to Thee Thy great power, and hast reigned.
18 And the nations were angry, and Thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

KJV

6th Seal
Rev 6:14-17
14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
16 And said to the mountains and rocks, 'Fall on us, and hide us from the face of Him That sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

17 For the great day of His wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?'
KJV

As one can easily see, the events of the islands and mountains being moved, and the time of His cup of wrath poured upon the wicked, are linked to that 7th Vial, 7th Trumpet, and 6th Seal timing.

Thus what you are doing is trying to be exact with the order in which John was given to write those events down, but you haven't yet distinguished what those events are about, nor have you yet gotten the flow of their actual order in your mind. You are just following doctrines of men about it instead, putting your trust in them instead asking our Heavenly Father and His Son to show you.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no such exegesis that allows for one verse to cover two different time periods! So you are saying that the sixth seal covers both the introduction of the tribulation and the return of Jesus? I await you showing from scripture how that can be in light of the rest of the Day of the Lord passages in prophesy.

I explained that in my posts #33 & #34 in this thread. Didn't you read it?

Evidently, you are clueless about the "untimely figs" event, and likely clueless about the parable of the fig tree.

Joel 1: 15 Alas for the day! for the day of the Lord is at hand, and as a destruction from the Almighty shall it come.

Joel 2
King James Version

2 Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the Lord cometh, for it is nigh at hand;

2 A day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness, as the morning spread upon the mountains: a great people and a strong; there hath not been ever the like, neither shall be any more after it, even to the years of many generations.

3 A fire devoureth before them; and behind them a flame burneth: the land is as the garden of Eden before them, and behind them a desolate wilderness; yea, and nothing shall escape them.

4 The appearance of them is as the appearance of horses; and as horsemen, so shall they run.

5 Like the noise of chariots on the tops of mountains shall they leap, like the noise of a flame of fire that devoureth the stubble, as a strong people set in battle array.

6 Before their face the people shall be much pained: all faces shall gather blackness.

7 They shall run like mighty men; they shall climb the wall like men of war; and they shall march every one on his ways, and they shall not break their ranks:

8 Neither shall one thrust another; they shall walk every one in his path: and when they fall upon the sword, they shall not be wounded.

31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the Lord come.

Joel 3
King James Version

3 For, behold, in those days, and in that time, when I shall bring again the captivity of Judah and Jerusalem,

Which days? context requires the Day or time of the Lord!

No, the text of Joel 1:15 says, "...for the day of the Lord is at hand...," and Joel 2:1 says, "...for the day of the Lord cometh, for it is nigh at hand;". You even quoted it! That means those Joel 2 events occur PRIOR to the "day of the Lord" when Jesus returns.

Thus the real context requires JUST BEFORE the "day of the Lord". Joel 2:31 even reveals the timing being just prior.

The rest of your thread isn't even worth considering, since you haven't even kept to the timing of those Joel chapters.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well there is no doubt that many authors and preachers who believe in the biblical pre-trib rapture have misused and abused and made many false predictions and declarations.

But teh Rapture will happen anytime between now and the opening of eh Sixth seal which begins the 70th week of Daniel or the 7 year trib or the greagt trib or anything else the last 7 years before the Lord physically returns wish to call it.

What your second paragraph is declaring is a Pre-trib rapture, which is not Biblical. Jesus returns only ONCE, and it is to gather His faithful Church.

Matt 24:29-31
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And He shall send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
KJV

Those underlined, gathered above represent the 'asleep' saints that have already died, which Apostle Paul said Jesus will bring with Him, per 1 Thessalonians 4.

Mark 13:24-27
24 But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light,

25 And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken.
26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.

27 And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.
KJV

Those underlined being gathered represent the saints still alive on earth on the day of Christ's coming per 1 Thess.4.

Thus both... of those versions of Christ's Olivet discourse aligns perfectly with what Apostle Paul taught about the 2nd coming of Jesus and His gathering His Church, per 1 Thessalonians 4.

And in BOTH versions above, He showed His coming and gathering of His Church is AFTER... that tribulation. Anything else is heresy.

Reactions: Nancy

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Im a bit confounded. With all thats to take place before the Day of the Lord how can you not see it coming? Am i reading this wrong? Just what is a "snare"? Not lookin to argue. Lookin for answers
A snare is a trap. And those who refuse to obey the Gospel ultimately fall into the trap of a strong delusion. Which means that they cannot see what is coming or how it will impact on them. And only Bible-believing Christians can see that divine judgments will be coming upon this earth in the relatively near future. We dare not set dates.

The "Day of the LORD" is a technical term in Scripture, and means the period of divine judgments which will immediately precede the Second Coming of Christ. Even His Second Coming appears to be a part of the Day of the LORD.

But Jesus said that it will be just like in the days of Noah. People were blithely ignorant of the severe judgment which would come upon them, and behaving as though things would continue as they had been in the past.

MATTHEW 24: LACK OF AWARENESS BEFORE JUDGMENT
37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, 39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of Man be.

BOWnQUIVER

Jul 7, 2020
catskills
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan blinds the minds of the unbelievers...

Hi Nan. I think thats it in a nutshell. The people of the earth will be following the beast thinkin he is Christ. So why would they be lookin for the return of Christ on the Day of the Lord.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The "Day of the LORD" is a technical term in Scripture, and means the period of divine judgments which will immediately precede the Second Coming of Christ. Even His Second Coming appears to be a part of the Day of the LORD.

But Jesus said that it will be just like in the days of Noah. People were blithely ignorant of the severe judgment which would come upon them, and behaving as though things would continue as they had been in the past.
Direct contradiction here!
What precedes the Second coming, is the Great Tribulation of the 7 Trumpets and 7 Bowls.
The time of blithe ignorance is now. As 2 Peter 3:1-7 tells us. And that will be rudely interrupted by the actual Day of the Lords fiery wrath, as so vividly described in over 100 prophesies.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 21:32-36 (KJV)
32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.
33 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.
34 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.
35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.
36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Im a bit confounded. With all thats to take place before the Day of the Lord how can you not see it coming? Am i reading this wrong? Just what is a "snare"? Not lookin to argue. Lookin for answers
Maybe consider He was speaking specific to the generation standing before him. And also let me ask a question which may help understand what the day of the Lord is,

when does heaven and earth pass away?

BOWnQUIVER

Jul 7, 2020
catskills
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
when does heaven and earth pass away?

2 Peter 3:10 (KJV)
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

On the Day of the Lord

Heres a Day of the Lord scripture that "many" will not believe

Isaiah 51:5-7 (KJV)
5 My righteousness is near; my salvation is gone forth, and mine arms shall judge the people; the isles shall wait upon me, and on mine arm shall they trust.
6 Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look upon the earth beneath: for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner: but my salvation shall be for ever, and my righteousness shall not be abolished.
7 Hearken unto me, ye that know righteousness, the people in whose heart is my law; fear ye not the reproach of men, neither be ye afraid of their revilings.

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Nan. I think thats it in a nutshell. The people of the earth will be following the beast thinkin he is Christ. So why would they be lookin for the return of Christ on the Day of the Lord.

I know right?! My hopes and prayers are that the unbelievers will remember things told to them by their friends, family or strangers even, and repent...I have a feeling that there will be many more unbelievers coming to Christians to ask them questions when things really start to get worse.

BOWnQUIVER

Jul 7, 2020
catskills
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know right?! My hopes and prayers are that the unbelievers will remember things told to them by their friends, family or strangers even, and repent...I have a feeling that there will be many more unbelievers coming to Christians to ask them questions when things really start to get worse.

Yeah, and if the trib period cuts off all communications such as we have {tv, radio and such} it will be tough to get the Word out

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, and if the trib period cuts off all communications such as we have {tv, radio and such} it will be tough to get the Word out

Yeah it will be tough. And, I'm pretty sure bible burning will be taking place all over the world as well :( The most urgent and direct prayers are for my nieces and nephews, they are all college bound, out of college or still in college but...they are living with their boy and girlfriends, doing the party thing and all of that. I have taken a couple of them to church with me but...they are bored and don't really want to go :( So, prayer, prayer and more prayer in their case. God help us!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Peter 3:10 (KJV)
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

On the Day of the Lord

Heres a Day of the Lord scripture that "many" will not believe

Isaiah 51:5-7 (KJV)
5 My righteousness is near; my salvation is gone forth, and mine arms shall judge the people; the isles shall wait upon me, and on mine arm shall they trust.
6 Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look upon the earth beneath: for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner: but my salvation shall be for ever, and my righteousness shall not be abolished.
7 Hearken unto me, ye that know righteousness, the people in whose heart is my law; fear ye not the reproach of men, neither be ye afraid of their revilings.
Here’s another one,,,
Isaiah 42:10-12 KJV
[10] Sing unto the Lord a new song, and his praise from the end of the earth, ye that go down to the sea, and all that is therein; the isles, and the inhabitants thereof. [11] Let the wilderness and the cities thereof lift up their voice, the villages that Kedar doth inhabit: let the inhabitants of the rock sing, let them shout from the top of the mountains. [12] Let them give glory unto the Lord, and declare his praise in the islands.
And here also,
2 Corinthians 5:17-18 KJV
[17] Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. [18] And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're following the events as written alright, but not the flow of the order of events that Lord Jesus gave. The set order of events for the end He gave are in His Olivet discourse of Matthew 24, Mark 13, and Luke 21, which are about the 7 main Signs of the end leading up to His coming and gathering of His faithful Church. The 7 Signs in His Olivet discourse are the 6 Seals of Rev.6. The very last Sign He gave was that of His 2nd coming.

7th Vial
Rev 16:17-20
17 And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.
18 And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great.
19 And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of His wrath.

20 And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found.
KJV

7th Trumpet
Rev 11:15-18
15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, 'The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of His Christ; and He shall reign for ever and ever.'

16 And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God,
17 Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because Thou hast taken to Thee Thy great power, and hast reigned.
18 And the nations were angry, and Thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

KJV

6th Seal
Rev 6:14-17
14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
16 And said to the mountains and rocks, 'Fall on us, and hide us from the face of Him That sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

17 For the great day of His wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?'
KJV

As one can easily see, the events of the islands and mountains being moved, and the time of His cup of wrath poured upon the wicked, are linked to that 7th Vial, 7th Trumpet, and 6th Seal timing.

Thus what you are doing is trying to be exact with the order in which John was given to write those events down, but you haven't yet distinguished what those events are about, nor have you yet gotten the flow of their actual order in your mind. You are just following doctrines of men about it instead, putting your trust in them instead asking our Heavenly Father and His Son to show you.

Well I have seen and heard dozens and dozens of people over my 45 year walk with the Lord come out and say " see you are listening to men instead of God." Why should I agree with yours over the different ones from the dozens and dozens of others who say the same thing you just said about me listening to the doctrines of men. What makes you more right than all these others who asked the Father and Son??????

BTW God gave us certain men for a specific purpose:

Eph. 4:

11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

Also are you implying that the events of the sixth seal and seventh trumpet and seventh bowl are the same???

Also in the Olivet Discourse found in the synoptics, the disciples asked three specific questions that Jesus answere.

1. When will the temple be destroyed
2. What will be th esign you are coming.
3. What will be the sign of the end of the age.

While all three do have some same topics written tailored to their audiences, Each focused more on Jesus answer to one of the specific questions.

And the synoptics do not flow in the order you think! Revelation brings that order to the onset of the tribulation with the political and military rise of the antichrist and the start of teh Tribulation period which is The opening of the sixth seal.

YOu have to violate numerous rules of Grammar that God created for us to be able to communicate rationally to get that REvelation sixth shows the last day of the Tribulation and the physical return of Jesus.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What your second paragraph is declaring is a Pre-trib rapture, which is not Biblical. Jesus returns only ONCE, and it is to gather His faithful Church.

Matt 24:29-31
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And He shall send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
KJV

Those underlined, gathered above represent the 'asleep' saints that have already died, which Apostle Paul said Jesus will bring with Him, per 1 Thessalonians 4.

Mark 13:24-27
24 But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light,

25 And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken.
26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.

27 And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.
KJV

Those underlined being gathered represent the saints still alive on earth on the day of Christ's coming per 1 Thess.4.

Thus both... of those versions of Christ's Olivet discourse aligns perfectly with what Apostle Paul taught about the 2nd coming of Jesus and His gathering His Church, per 1 Thessalonians 4.

And in BOTH versions above, He showed His coming and gathering of His Church is AFTER... that tribulation. Anything else is heresy.

Well your error is that you don't know th epurpose fo the 7 year tribulation.

And saying I am a heretic is just a pre-pubescent rant on your part!

The elect here are Israel, because the major purpose of the 70th week of Daniel is to prepare the nation of Israel to accept Christ as Messiah as prophesied in both the OT and in Romans 11.

As a matter of fact- it is in the last three days before Jesus returns that the veil from Israels eyes is removed, they call upon the name of the Lord as is required in Matt. and they call on Jesus and that is why Jesus returns- to war against the antichrist who has marched on the refuge city of Petras where nearly all Israel is hold up as declared in REv. 12. In Zechariah we also know that teh Day of teh Lord (the entire 70th week of Daniel or the 7 year trib) 2/3 of all Israelis will die and the 1.3 left will all get saved!

Your second error is calling the rapture a return of Jesus. It is not! There is only one second coming and that is to earth at teh end of teh 70th week of Daniel. The rapture is simply Jesus descending down to either the 1st or 2nd heaven, calling teh church up to be with Him as also told in John 14.

We must be raptured prior to the trib because as SCripture is written without re interpreting it, the Church goes through the Bema seat Judgment, its works are judged and church saints either receive gain or loss and then prior to jesus return in REv. 19 we are wed to jesus in heaven and return to earth with Him to celebrate the wedding supper in His kingdom on earth! Unless of course you got another special coded message from God saying the events of the first part of Revelation 19 occur after the events of the second part of Rev. 19!

BTW your posts 33&34 are not even close to exegesis but are eisegesis.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I explained that in my posts #33 & #34 in this thread. Didn't you read it?

Evidently, you are clueless about the "untimely figs" event, and likely clueless about the parable of the fig tree.

No, the text of Joel 1:15 says, "...for the day of the Lord is at hand...," and Joel 2:1 says, "...for the day of the Lord cometh, for it is nigh at hand;". You even quoted it! That means those Joel 2 events occur PRIOR to the "day of the Lord" when Jesus returns.

Thus the real context requires JUST BEFORE the "day of the Lord". Joel 2:31 even reveals the timing being just prior.

The rest of your thread isn't even worth considering, since you haven't even kept to the timing of those Joel chapters.

Why is it that sane, rational , intelligent people who know how to read in context and in order, books, newspapers, magazines etc., lost that ability when they pick up the Bible!

Teh events of Joel two after verse 1 are describing teh events of the Day of the Lord! (day meaning time period as Hebrew language shows).

Well you can reject my threads all you want. You are banking your whole eschatology on "The Day of the Lord being one specific day and thus reorder so much of prophetic Scripture to match your personal bias.

Based on the little you have written and that REv. 6 is both pre and post trib etc. YOU are following what you heard, but it is not the Holy Spirit! Even the Watchtower and their crazy eschatology does less harm to SCripture than th elittle you have revealed! I wish you were open to honest debate, but based on so many of your implied ad-hominems, like anyone who is pre trib is a heretic, you are closed. So there is probably no profit in continuing this debate further. Unless you think there is benefit.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that is "divine judgments" is it not?

Yes to punish unbelievers, and to prepare teh nation of Israel to accept Her messiah!

Ezekiel 20:33-38
King James Version

33 As I live, saith the Lord God, surely with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out, will I rule over you:

34 And I will bring you out from the people, and will gather you out of the countries wherein ye are scattered, with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out.

35 And I will bring you into the wilderness of the people, and there will I plead with you face to face.

36 Like as I pleaded with your fathers in the wilderness of the land of Egypt, so will I plead with you, saith the Lord God.

37 And I will cause you to pass under the rod, and I will bring you into the bond of the covenant:

38 And I will purge out from among you the rebels, and them that transgress against me: I will bring them forth out of the country where they sojourn, and they shall not enter into the land of Israel: and ye shall know that I am the Lord.

Zechariah 13:8-9
King James Version

8 And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the Lord, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.

9 And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God.

In its broader context in Zechariah, this will happen in "that day" which biblically is the 7 year tribulation unless otherwise noted to describe a different time.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Yes to punish unbelievers, and to prepare teh nation of Israel to accept Her messiah!
Zechariah 13:8 And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the Lord, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.

9 And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God.

The people who call themselves Israel, will be judged and punished. Only a remnant will survive:

Jeremiah 6:8-9 Be instructed, Jerusalem [Judah], or your God will depart from you and will devastate the Land. Psalm 89:30-32, Matthew 21:43

The Lord says: Glean like a vine the remnant of Israel, one last time, like the vine dresser – pass your hand over the branches. Isaiah 5:5-7

Jeremiah 6:10-15 To whom shall I speak and give warning? Who will hear me? Their ears are blocked, they are incapable of listening. They treat the Lord’s Word as a reproach, it has no appeal for them. Ezekiel 14:2, Ezekiel 22:26-28

But I am full of the anger of the Lord, I cannot hold it back. Isaiah 63:1-6 I must pour it out onto all the people of the Land. Their houses will be given to others.
2 Esdras 1:35-37

For all the leaders and people only consider themselves, their prophets and Rabbis are all frauds, every one of them. They fail to address the real problems of their people. They say: “All is well”. All well? Nothing is right and just. They ought to be ashamed because of their sinful practices, yet they have no sense of shame, therefore they will fall with a great crash and be brought low on the Day of My reckoning. Ezekiel 33:25-26

Jeremiah 6:16-20-30 The Lord says: you should enquire about the Way that leads to righteousness. But they said: “We refuse”. Then I appointed watchmen – listen for the call they told them. But they said: “We refuse”. Therefore hear you nations and take note of the plight of these people. I am about to bring ruin upon them, for all their sinful ways and ignoring My instructions. Your sacrifices are not acceptable and your offerings do not please Me. Zephaniah1:4-6 Matthew 24:41-42

Therefore the Lord says: I will set obstacles before this people, which will bring them to the ground, father, sons, friends and neighbours will all perish together. Jeremiah 12:14-17 A great host appears, like men arrayed for battle, against you: Zion.
Joel 2:1-11, Revelation 6:12-17, Isaiah 2:12-21

News of their coming has reached us and our hands hang limp, agony grips us, pangs as of a woman in labour. Do not go outside, for the foe will smite you there, as terror is spread around the world. Mourn and wail as the despoiler comes upon us in an instant. These verses are the clearest description of how the Lord will act on His great Day of vengeance. Isaiah 63:1-6 A coronal mass ejection flash will ‘come in an instant’, but ‘news of its coming will reach us’, by the STEREO satellite system. ‘Do not go outside’, is obvious – get into underground shelters and stay there until it passes, at least 24hrs. Psalms 18:7-15, Isaiah 30:26

It is appointed to assay My people, testing their conduct, but they are all rebels, mischief makers and corrupt to a man. The bellows blow, the fire is ready. All types of metal in vain the refiner refines, but the impurities cannot be removed.

Call them reject silver, for the Lord has rejected them. Ref: REB.

Only a remnant of the people of the Jewish State of Israel will survive. Romans 9:27

All of this prophecy in Jeremiah is telling us about the coming fire judgement – the Lord’s Day of vengeance and wrath. This will affect all the world, but especially the Middle East and this prophesy applies specifically to Judah, the current inhabitants of the Land. Amos 2:4-5, Ezekiel 20:46-48, Ezekiel 21:1-17, Isaiah 6:11-14

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The people who call themselves Israel, will be judged and punished. Only a remnant will survive:

Like the Bible declares and I repeated!

Only a remnant of the people of the Jewish State of Israel will survive. Romans 9:27

All of this prophecy in Jeremiah is telling us about the coming fire judgement – the Lord’s Day of vengeance and wrath. This will affect all the world, but especially the Middle East and this prophesy applies specifically to Judah, the current inhabitants of the Land. Amos 2:4-5, Ezekiel 20:46-48, Ezekiel 21:1-17, Isaiah 6:11-13

Of course! The last days is focused on two things, punishing the unbeliever and preparing Israel as a nation (the 1/3 that remain) to recieve Jesus as Messiah, cry out "Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord". and bring about the physical return of Jesus to eareth!