Dead in Sin !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No He doesn't draw everyone without exception, He draws everyone of His Sheep and they do come because they are born again when they are drawn.

You do realize that the verses you may be quoting were about his 12 apostles? If it has the words "that the Father gave me," that differentiates the apostles from the rest of the world.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do realize that the verses you may be quoting were about his 12 apostles? If it has the words "that the Father gave me," that differentiates the apostles from the rest of the world.
No its not just about the apostles, its all of His Sheep !

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't..
What is it Christophany?
Thank you
What is Inductive?

“Inductive” is the opposite of “deductive.” Broadly speaking, an inductive approach is when you start with the details of something and then move outwards toward the general.

For Bible study, that means you don’t begin with a topic (like “Romantic Relationships”) or a lesson (like “Find Purpose in Your Work”) and then try to find specific verses that make a teaching point. Instead, an inductive study focuses on one passage of the Bible and then moves toward these two goals:

1. Discover what a biblical author intended to communicate to their original audience.
  2. Encounter Jesus and be transformed by his Word.
Inductive is more of an attitude than a method. It’s about being deeply curious about the Bible. It’s about not consuming the Bible as preprocessed food, but embracing the messy and mysterious path to clarity. It’s questions and conversations and discovering God’s message together. It’s believing that the Bible is worth studying closely, can be understood by common people with God’s help, and should be put into practice.

Those who use the inductive approach appreciate how it keeps the Bible itself at the center of the conversation. Once familiar with the style, everyone can participate and contribute to the study. (In fact, someone who is new to the Bible might have the clearest vision and most helpful questions because their mind isn’t yet crowded with previous sermons and teachings.)

Where did Inductive come from?

The inductive approach was first applied formally to Bible study in the 1800s. Today, it’s used widely among Christians. InterVarsity’s style is just one of many unique expressions of inductive Bible study.

An InterVarsity staff named Paul Byer pioneered doing inductive study using a manuscript in the 1950s. Since then, InterVarsity has cultivated an inductive approach to Bible study using manuscripts in small group communities.

How Do You Study Inductively?

The inductive approach to Bible Study features three steps: Observation, Interpretation, and Application. This is sometimes shortened to simply OIA.

Observation | What Does the Text Say?

The first step is to pay close attention to what the text actually says. “Observations” are things you notice about the text that everyone else looking at it can see and agree on. At first, you might think that after you’ve read the passage once there is nothing left to observe. But, the inductive approach has developed some categories to help you look more closely at the text and deeply observe a passage.

Interpretation | What Does the Text Mean?

The interpretation step is centered on asking questions of the text. What do you find intriguing, confusing, or troubling? What questions does the author seem to want the readers to wrestle with? Honest and thoughtful questions push us back into the passage and help us engage it deeply.

You then answer the questions from the text. You use the immediate context to help you define terms. You develop theories that make sense across all of your observations. You use cultural and historical background to help you understand the perspective of the author and the original audience. However, you avoid using resources that the original audience wouldn’t have had access to, like commentaries or parts of the Bible that weren’t yet written.

Application | How is God Inviting Us to Respond?

The word “application” can be misleading here because it sounds like you can lift out of the Bible what you would like to apply to your own life, like applying lip balm. Instead, think of application as God inviting you to align with his Word. Our part is to listen, discern, and then to obey. The Holy Spirit inspires and empowers our response.

The inductive approach assumes that we cannot truly understand something that we haven’t applied in practice. It is not enough to grasp with our minds the teaching of the Bible. We don’t really know the Bible until after we leave the study and embody its teaching. Inductive Bible Study

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is Inductive?

“Inductive” is the opposite of “deductive.” Broadly speaking, an inductive approach is when you start with the details of something and then move outwards toward the general.

For Bible study, that means you don’t begin with a topic (like “Romantic Relationships”) or a lesson (like “Find Purpose in Your Work”) and then try to find specific verses that make a teaching point. Instead, an inductive study focuses on one passage of the Bible and then moves toward these two goals:

1. Discover what a biblical author intended to communicate to their original audience.
  2. Encounter Jesus and be transformed by his Word.
Inductive is more of an attitude than a method. It’s about being deeply curious about the Bible. It’s about not consuming the Bible as preprocessed food, but embracing the messy and mysterious path to clarity. It’s questions and conversations and discovering God’s message together. It’s believing that the Bible is worth studying closely, can be understood by common people with God’s help, and should be put into practice.

Those who use the inductive approach appreciate how it keeps the Bible itself at the center of the conversation. Once familiar with the style, everyone can participate and contribute to the study. (In fact, someone who is new to the Bible might have the clearest vision and most helpful questions because their mind isn’t yet crowded with previous sermons and teachings.)

Where did Inductive come from?

The inductive approach was first applied formally to Bible study in the 1800s. Today, it’s used widely among Christians. InterVarsity’s style is just one of many unique expressions of inductive Bible study.

An InterVarsity staff named Paul Byer pioneered doing inductive study using a manuscript in the 1950s. Since then, InterVarsity has cultivated an inductive approach to Bible study using manuscripts in small group communities.

How Do You Study Inductively?

The inductive approach to Bible Study features three steps: Observation, Interpretation, and Application. This is sometimes shortened to simply OIA.

Observation | What Does the Text Say?

The first step is to pay close attention to what the text actually says. “Observations” are things you notice about the text that everyone else looking at it can see and agree on. At first, you might think that after you’ve read the passage once there is nothing left to observe. But, the inductive approach has developed some categories to help you look more closely at the text and deeply observe a passage.

Interpretation | What Does the Text Mean?

The interpretation step is centered on asking questions of the text. What do you find intriguing, confusing, or troubling? What questions does the author seem to want the readers to wrestle with? Honest and thoughtful questions push us back into the passage and help us engage it deeply.

You then answer the questions from the text. You use the immediate context to help you define terms. You develop theories that make sense across all of your observations. You use cultural and historical background to help you understand the perspective of the author and the original audience. However, you avoid using resources that the original audience wouldn’t have had access to, like commentaries or parts of the Bible that weren’t yet written.

Application | How is God Inviting Us to Respond?

The word “application” can be misleading here because it sounds like you can lift out of the Bible what you would like to apply to your own life, like applying lip balm. Instead, think of application as God inviting you to align with his Word. Our part is to listen, discern, and then to obey. The Holy Spirit inspires and empowers our response.

The inductive approach assumes that we cannot truly understand something that we haven’t applied in practice. It is not enough to grasp with our minds the teaching of the Bible. We don’t really know the Bible until after we leave the study and embody its teaching. Inductive Bible Study
Thank You!

Reactions: ChristisGod

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is able to raise the dead so they can act !
Oh....so God arbitrarily chooses who He will save and casts the rest into the lake of fire...

I'm sorry, but this is not the god that I serve...such a god has satanic attributes in that he places people in burning fire for all of eternity for no other reason than that it is "the good pleasure of his will."

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
another lie from you as I'm all for the pursuit of God and living a holy life. I'm against reaching a state of sinless perfection which Paul declares will only occur in the Resurrection and in the new heavens and new earth when sin will no longer exist.

In the meantime just stay in De Nile and I do not mean the river in Egypt.

hope this helps !!!
Allow me to add this to the mix, to generate more truth, concerning the sinfulness that our flesh is:

Jeremiah 31[34] And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD; for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Col. 3[1] If ye then be risen with Christ [born again of His Spirit- the "New creature"], seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
[2] Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
[3] For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
[4] When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
[5] Mortify therefore [make dead, useless, impotent] your members [earthly bodies- "the old man"] which are upon the earth; [specifically in regards to] fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
IOWs, as ambassadors for Christ, don't practice habitually in the ways of your flesh.

God through Christ Jesus says, that He

WILL NOT REMEMBER yours sins any more!
*Do you believe Him???
Or are you on your knees 24/7, remembering your sins, when He doesn't?

*Now, that is faith in the shed blood of Christ, for you!
We must all remember that without Christ (God) within us, there is NO **"good" thing in our flesh! Nothing at all!! Romans 7:18

**ONLY God is "good"!!
And IF HE IS within you, then by Him, you ARE made to be "good" also!!
Your (old) life is HID WITH Christ in God.

Believe it!!

Reactions: ChristisGod

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He doesn't remember all the sins of our past (B.C.); but when we commit new sins, they must be confessed in order for them to be forgiven and forgotten (1 John 1:9).

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh....so God arbitrarily chooses who He will save and casts the rest into the lake of fire...

I'm sorry, but this is not the god that I serve...such a god has satanic attributes in that he places people in burning fire for all of eternity for no other reason than that it is "the good pleasure of his will."
Now that you mention it Yes God chooses Whom He will save by His Grace and has chosen whom He is going to dam for His Justice? Since you want to go there!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now that you mention it Yes God chooses Whom He will save by His Grace and has chosen whom He is going to dam for His Justice? Since you want to go there!
Your god arbitrarily puts people in hell, not because of their sin or because they rejected His gift of salvation; but because He simply wanted to place them there?

I'm sorry to tell you that you believe in a god who is satanic in nature.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He doesn't remember all the sins of our past (B.C.); but when we commit new sins, they must be confessed in order for them to be forgiven and forgotten (1 John 1:9).

Hi jbf,

I just want you to know my thoughts on 1 John 1:9. There are two ways to interpret it and there is one that is more popular than the other, but I believe the other as it does not contradict scripture, whereas the more popular one certainly does. You just stated the popular one. But just think about my view for a little while before you answer.

I believe that when we are born again our old nature dies with Christ on the cross and is nailed there making us dead to sin. Romans 6:1-2. So ultimately there is no need to keep repeating repentance when the desire to sin is gone. Therefore, I teach that 1 John 1:9 is how to become a Christian. Acts of the Apostles 2:38. The baptism of the Holy Spirit makes us not in the flesh but in the Spirit if we indeed have the Spirit of God inside us. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him. Romans 8:2 and Romans 8:9; (1 John 3:9 - context vs. 4)

1 John 5:16-17 shows two types of sin. 1 John 3:4 is the sin unto death. It is willful and rebellious and done against the written laws of God, and 1 John 3:9 says we CANNOT COMMIT those. Then there is the other type of sin, sins not unto death, called trespasses (Leviticus 5:15) and the only type of sin mentioned in the Lord's Prayer. Matthew 6:14-15, shows that we are commanded to love each other, and part of that is forgiving each other their flaws against us. Matthew 6:14-15 and 1 John 3:21-24 is what I do each day, and each night I check myself for any unforgiveness that I must shed to purify myself 1 John 3:3.

Note: 1 John 1:8 is BEFORE repenting and becoming a Christian in the next verse. Otherwise it contradicts the whole chapter of 1 John 3, and John wouldn't do that.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does God make the decision for us?

We obviously must call on the name of the Lord to be saved; and that is an act of the will; unless God reaches down and makes our mouth move when we do that.

Rev 22:17, And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Nobody will Call out to God to be Saved until he sees that he is Lost....Seeing one’s Wretched State.....seeing that you are a Lost Sinner That MUST have a Savior ....
THAT is the Starting Point Of Christianity .The Conviction Of Sin by the Holy Spirit.Until “ That” happens—- you still live in “The Fool’s Paradise”, where Satan has you blinded to the “NEED FOR” and the “ POWER OF” Paul's Gospel Of Grace —Given to Him personally by Jesus ! 1Cor.15:1-4.....

Reactions: HisLife