Dead in Sin !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus told the aduterous woman..
go and sin no more.
repent.
John cried out REPENT
and many were baptised.
none of these was spiritual before repenting.

hugs
Yes they were spiritual before repenting, had to be. Even Rahab the harlot was spiritually alive when she did what she did by faith.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
brightfame52 Quote: "Being dead in sin is a spiritual issue, man hasn't Spiritual life. Man has naturally physical life and vitality Man can hear see and do other things physically, think and reason and so forth, however he can't do things in the realm of the Spirit and Spiritual
That is because naturally dead in trespasses and sins. "

brightfame52 Quote: "Yes they were spiritual before repenting, had to be. Even Rahab the harlot was spiritually alive when she did what she did by faith. "

Please explain these 2 verses..
How are they both correct?

Thank You
Hugs

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
brightfame52 Quote: "Being dead in sin is a spiritual issue, man hasn't Spiritual life. Man has naturally physical life and vitality Man can hear see and do other things physically, think and reason and so forth, however he can't do things in the realm of the Spirit and Spiritual
That is because naturally dead in trespasses and sins. "

brightfame52 Quote: "Yes they were spiritual before repenting, had to be. Even Rahab the harlot was spiritually alive when she did what she did by faith. "

Please explain these 2 verses..
How are they both correct?

Thank You
Hugs
What 2 verses

Reactions: Ziggy

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Both faith and repentance are spiritual Acts. So they had to be spiritual to perform them
Yes God grants both repentance and faith

Acts 5:31
God exalted him to his own right hand as Prince and Savior that he might give repentance and forgiveness of sins to Israel.

Acts 11:18
When they heard this, they had no further objections and praised God, saying, "So then, God has granted even the Gentiles repentance unto life."

2 Timothy 2:25
Those who oppose him he must gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth,

1 Corinthians 4:7
7 For who sees anything different in you? What do you have that you did not receive? If then you received it, why do you boast as if you did not receive it?

Philippians 1:29
For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for Him

Reactions: brightfame52

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A person who is being drawn by the father is not spiritually dead but alive. The drawing is proof of that.

No, because He draws everyone, but not everyone accepts. Jesus succeeded in His mission. Therefore, John 12:32 "And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all peoples to Myself.”

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The psalmist had to be Spiritually alive to pray a spiritual prayer, now I'm not going to repeat that okay. A Spiritually dead person cannot pray a spiritual prayer.

Why would someone who is spiritually alive pray to be made alive? is there not redundancy in that?

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes God grants both repentance and faith

Acts 5:31
God exalted him to his own right hand as Prince and Savior that he might give repentance and forgiveness of sins to Israel.

Acts 11:18
When they heard this, they had no further objections and praised God, saying, "So then, God has granted even the Gentiles repentance unto life."

Those who oppose him he must gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth,

1 Corinthians 4:7
7 For who sees anything different in you? What do you have that you did not receive? If then you received it, why do you boast as if you did not receive it?

Philippians 1:29
For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for Him
Exactly!

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would someone who is spiritually alive pray to be made alive? is there not redundancy in that?
No the point is that the psalmist knew that being quickened is the only way to have the ability to call upon God's name. At the time he probably was in a very low spiritual state. Sometimes grace in the life of a believer can be at such a low ebb, it's to say Lord quicken me please. So you are missing the point. Spiritually dead people can't do that!

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, because He draws everyone, but not everyone accepts. Jesus succeeded in His mission. Therefore, John 12:32 "And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all peoples to Myself.”
No He doesn't draw everyone without exception, He draws everyone of His Sheep and they do come because they are born again when they are drawn.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"accepting Jesus" is another false teaching. man cannot come to Christ unless He is drawn and all who are drawn will come. This is just another one of your verses ripped from the greater context- All He draws will come. That is the problem with your method of bible study.

John 6:37,44-45
37"All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out.
44“No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day. 45 It is written in the prophets, ‘And they shall all be taught of God.’ Everyone who has heard and learned from the Father, comes to Me.

John 6:64-65
But there are some of you who do not believe.” For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who it was that would betray Him. 65 And He was saying, “For this reason I have said to you, that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted him from the Father.”

The Greek word translated “draw” is helkuo, which means “to drag” (literally or figuratively). Clearly, this drawing is a one-sided affair. God does the drawing to salvation; we who are drawn have a passive role in the process. There is no doubt that we respond to His drawing us, but the drawing itself is all on His part.

Helkuo is used in John 21:6 to refer to a heavy net full of fish being dragged to the shore. In John 18:10 we see Peter drawing his sword, and in Acts 16:19 helkuo is used to describe Paul and Silas being dragged into the marketplace before the rulers. Clearly, the net had no part in its being drawn to the shore, Peter’s sword had no part in being drawn, and Paul and Silas did not drag themselves to the marketplace. The same can be said of God’s drawing of some to salvation. Some come willingly, and some are dragged unwillingly, but all eventually come, although we have no part in the drawing. got?

Deuteronomy 30:6
And the LORD your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your offspring, so that you will love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul, that you may live.

Ezekiel 26:25-27
I will
sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean from all your uncleannesses, and from all your idols I will cleanse you…27 And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules.

Ezekiel 36:26
And I will give you
a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.

John 1:12-13
But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

Acts 11:8
When they heard this, they quieted down and glorified God, saying, "Well then, God has granted to the Gentiles also the repentance that leads to life."

Acts 13:48 “as many as had been appointed to eternal life believed.”

Ephesians 2:5
even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved—

Colossians 2:13
And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses,

Titus 3:5
He saved us
, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit,

Opponents must be gently instructed, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth,

James 1:18
Of his own will
he brought us forth by the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

1 Peter 1:3
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

hope this helps!!!

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
christop
"accepting Jesus" is another false teaching. man cannot come to Christ unless He is drawn and all who are drawn will come.

Exactly ! Also I believe the drawing is internal by the Spirit who has been given !

The same can be said of God’s drawing of some to salvation. Some come willingly, and some are dragged unwillingly, but all eventually come, although we have no part in the drawing. got?

The only I would disagree with here is that those being drawn are coming willingly and not never dragged unwillingly. The drawing I believe is of the new creature, not the unregenerate in the flesh.

Ps 110 3

Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power,
in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning:
thou hast the dew of thy youth.

SOS 1:4

1:4
Draw me, we will run after thee: the king hath brought me into his chambers: we will be glad and rejoice in thee, we will remember thy love more than wine: the upright love thee.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
christop

Exactly ! Also I believe the drawing is internal by the Spirit who has been given !

The only I would disagree with here is that those being drawn are coming willingly and not never dragged unwillingly. The drawing I believe is of the new creature, not the unregenerate in the flesh.

Ps 110 3

Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power,
in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning:
thou hast the dew of thy youth.

SOS 1:4

1:4
Draw me, we will run after thee: the king hath brought me into his chambers: we will be glad and rejoice in thee, we will remember thy love more than wine: the upright love thee.
I would say being dragged does not equate to being unwilling. When God is drawing regeneration takes place so it is willing to come being drawn or dragged by Him. That came from got questions and I just clarified what I believe vs what they said about unwillingly. So we are in agreement. :)

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By contrast, we have these passages of holy scripture.

Jhn 1:12, But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Jhn 3:16, For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Rom 5:1, Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
Rom 5:2, By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Rom 10:8, But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
Rom 10:9, That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10, For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Rom 10:11, For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Rom 10:12, For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
Rom 10:13, For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Rev 3:20, Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Rev 22:17, And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

re #152 (Dead in Sin !).

Last edited:

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By contrast, we have these passages of holy scripture.

Jhn 1:12, But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
and the following verse remember there is a 'context"

John 1:13 KJV
Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
John 1:13 NIV
children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
christop
I would say being dragged does not equate to being unwilling.

Exactly, it emphasizes the power of the one drawing and the result to be effected

When God is drawing regeneration takes place so it is willing to come being drawn or dragged by Him.
I believe we agree here

That came from got questions and I just clarified what I believe vs what they said about unwillingly. So we are in agreement.

Understood

Reactions: ChristisGod

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.
That (John 1:12) is not the only verse that I quoted. If you are going to deal with my statement, you are going to have to deal with it as a whole....answering all of the verses.

Dead in Sin !

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Does God make the decision for us?

We obviously must call on the name of the Lord to be saved; and that is an act of the will; unless God reaches down and makes our mouth move when we do that.

Rev 22:17, And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That (John 1:12) is not the only verse that I quoted. If you are going to deal with my statement, you are going to have to deal with it as a whole....answering all of the verses.

Dead in Sin !
Says who ?

No point in addressing them all at once lets take them one at a time with the first one I quoted in its context.