Dead in Sin !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you get the time take a look at the link in my last post for the history of the kenosis doctrine which came from a misunderstanding of Philippians 2.

I don't look outside of the Word of God. And when I have a question, I go straight to the Source, and I get an answer.

What you are asking is to investigate what made you an unbeliever or doubt what the Word of God says of the supernatural, because what so many in the Church can only relate to is the carnal natural. I'm not interested to go back there. Been there, done that when I was spiritually dead.

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@brightfame52 and @DNB

Quicken merely means going from dead to alive. Those who are born with a dead spirit (for all have fallen short of the glory of God), and recognize their total weakness and repent, are quickened by the baptism of the Holy Spirit and born again to life eternal.

Reactions: Nancy

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't look outside of the Word of God. And when I have a question, I go straight to the Source, and I get an answer.

What you are asking is to investigate what made you an unbeliever in what the Word of God says of the supernatural, because what so many in the Church can only relate to is the carnal natural. I'm not interested to go back there. Been there, done that when I was spiritually stupid.
well Jesus was fully God lacking nothing in His Divinity while walking this earth. Anyone who says otherwise is teaching false doctrine. Kenosis is a heretical teaching which you are espousing.

hope this helps !!!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well Jesus was fully God lacking nothing in His Divinity while walking this earth. Anyone who says otherwise is teaching false doctrine. Kenosis is a heretical teaching which you are espousing.

hope this helps !!!

I can imagine what this "kenosis" doctrine may say from what you have said, and just like Calvinism, it is based on half-truths. We should only embrace what is truth, and run as fast as you can from what is false. In your case (and this is not all ad hominem, just partly) is your spirit is alive because of the truth you received, and shows in your personal life, but you continue to teach the false as well, and it is so ingrained in your mind, you don't know the difference. Because of the truth I KNOW is in you, I sometimes over-try to provoke you. I have the personality of a prophet, like Jeremiah, though, even though I have the gift of prophecy, I have not been given the office of prophet. All you see in me is the wounds I inflict, but as a friend, and don't placate you with the kisses of an enemy. For some reason, you particularly, I want to take under my wing. Just keep reminding me if I go too far with ad hominem, but don't ask me to leave you alone in what Jesus, Himself, called a doctrine that will make you dead. Revelation 3:1. Sardis is the church age of the Reformation, but not all of that period was dead. Revelation 3:4. Walking in white is holiness. That is how you live your life, but not what you teach. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater, but in the name of Jesus get rid of that poisonous water! I do care about you. I just don't know how to show you when I want to knock some sense into you. :(

Reactions: justbyfaith

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can imagine what this "kenosis" doctrine may say from what you have said, and just like Calvinism, it is based on half-truths. We should only embrace what is truth, and run as fast as you can from what is false. In your case (and this is not all ad hominem, just partly) is your spirit is alive because of the truth you received, and shows in your personal life, but you continue to teach the false as well, and it is so ingrained in your mind, you don't know the difference. Because of the truth I KNOW is in you, I sometimes over-try to provoke you. I have the personality of a prophet, like Jeremiah, though, even though I have the gift of prophecy, I have not been given the office of prophet. All you see in me is the wounds I inflict, but as a friend, and don't placate you with the kisses of an enemy. For some reason, you particularly, I want to take under my wing. Just keep reminding me if I go too far with ad hominem, but don't ask me to leave you alone in what Jesus, Himself, called a doctrine that will make you dead. Revelation 3:1. Sardis is the church age of the Reformation, but not all of that period was dead. Revelation 3:4. Walking in white is holiness. That is how you live your life, but not what you teach. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater, but in the name of Jesus get rid of that poisonous water! I do care about you. I just don't know how to show you when I want to knock some sense into you. :(
Kenosis False Teaching

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@brightfame52 and @DNB

Quicken merely means going from dead to alive. Those who are born with a dead spirit (for all have fallen short of the glory of God), and recognize their total weakness and repent, are quickened by the baptism of the Holy Spirit and born again to life eternal.
No, it means to gain salvation, and thus, to be moralized into doing good works. Nothing supernatural going on.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes at times Isa 65 24

And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear
That does not say that God will do something that He does not have to do since He has already done it.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, it means to gain salvation, and thus, to be moralized into doing good works. Nothing supernatural going on.

What do you think going from dead to life means? It means from eternal death to eternal life, thus salvation. But you are wrong if you think "nothing supernatural is going on"! To have your carnal desires suddenly change to righteous desires is nothing less than a miracle!

Reactions: amigo de christo

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What do you think going from dead to life means? It means from eternal death to eternal life, thus salvation. But you are wrong if you think "nothing supernatural is going on"! To have your carnal desires suddenly change to righteous desires is nothing less than a miracle!
Hasn't happened to me yet, or anyone else I know, especially the ones that claim it has, outside of what the wisdom of the Gospel instils in one's heart and mind.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hasn't happened to me yet, or anyone else I know, especially the ones that claim it has, outside of what the wisdom of the Gospel instils in one's heart and mind.

If it hasn't happened to you, then maybe you should clear your mind of all your past denominational dogmas and start over, asking the Father, the Author of His Word, to reveal the meaning of every verse He authored. I did, and He has been faithful to teach me the true meaning of His Words. My understanding has exploded, and yours can too.

You don't have much time to overcome before the Great Tribulation starts, so if I were you, I'd humble myself and start praying and listening. You have so much to learn, and not a lot of time to overcome.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
SPOT ON RIGHT SISTER .
I still remember that very day . GOD flipped me around and put total new desires into my heart . HE awoke me from the dead ,
my spiritual death . I was loving that sin and dead in it . BUT in CHRIST was made alive . and sin became just wicked evil to my heart .
If folks dont know a conversion , that worries me . And if they think it was NOT GOD doing it , that REALLY scares me .
SING to the GLORIOUS KING .

Reactions: CharismaticLady

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it hasn't happened to you, then maybe you should clear your mind of all your past denominational dogmas and start over, asking the Father, the Author of His Word, to reveal the meaning of every verse He authored. I did, and He has been faithful to teach me the true meaning of His Words. My understanding has exploded, and yours can too.

You don't have much time to overcome before the Great Tribulation starts, so if I were you, I'd humble myself and start praying and listening. You have so much to learn, and not a lot of time to overcome.
There cometh the false peace delusion of the all inclusion . When this has ran its course to the full and WOE WOE WOE , it nearly has
THE WORLD will be as one and will with one voice under its king and king , come full force against the lambs , the great tribualtion WILL BEGIN .
AND WE are FAST running out of time .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you saying you never had an instant heart change . Man i once was truly dead in my sins
and loving to wallow in them . Sadly i could still say JESUS saves etc , BUT i did not know HIM , Follow HIM . I loved sin .
But i remember so clear that day in late may of two thousand and six , may thirtieth .
A small stirring began in my conscious and i remembered again the gospel i had heard from my youth .
AND suddenly all i had was the desire , a strong desire to truly seek after GOD .
WHOLE new desires , and sin was so dead and empty to me .
GOD DID that . ITS called the new birth . AND believe me , It was by the grace of GOD . HE changed my heart
desires from the evil sin i loved , RIGHT TO LOVING TRUTH .

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
SPOT ON RIGHT SISTER .
I still remember that very day . GOD flipped me around and put total new desires into my heart . HE awoke me from the dead ,
my spiritual death . I was loving that sin and dead in it . BUT in CHRIST was made alive . and sin became just wicked evil to my heart .
If folks dont know a conversion , that worries me . And if they think it was NOT GOD doing it , that REALLY scares me .
SING to the GLORIOUS KING .

Yes, when you've been born again you KNOW it. It is not just a doctrine to believe and claim for yourself, but a life changing experience!

Reactions: amigo de christo