Dead in Sin !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see you ran away again from the "context" which is John 6. I wonder why ?
The whole Bible is the context of John 6.

Are you going to run away from Acts of the Apostles 17:30?

Because a major flaw in Calvinism is that it does not require repentance to be saved; a person is merely chosen by god. There is no need for even a change of life: you are either chosen or unchosen, so just relax because you can condemn god if he decides that you are predestinated to hell, because he did that of His own predetermined purpose and will and did not even give you a choice in the matter. Therefore you are not responsible for your destination; but god has to live with Himself for all of eternity knowing that he placed you in the lake of fire without ever giving you a chance to be redeemed. Because you were not of God's elect; and therefore even if you came to him seeking forgiveness, he would cast you out.

This, of course, is not a biblical understanding (see John 6:37).

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It doesn't say with exception either. Is it not you who is adding to the scriptures?
No you are. Christ draws simply all whom He draws which results in believing in Him. In fact the drawing is conversion to Him, and the drawing is the new birth !

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The whole Bible is the context of John 6.

Are you going to run away from Acts of the Apostles 17:30?

Because a major flaw in Calvinism is that it does not require repentance to be saved; a person is merely chosen by god. There is no need for even a change of life: you are either chosen or unchosen, so just relax because you can condemn god if he decides that you are predestinated to hell, because he did that of His own predetermined purpose and will and did not even give you a choice in the matter. Therefore you are not responsible for your destination; but god has to live with Himself for all of eternity knowing that he placed you in the lake of fire without ever giving you a chance to be redeemed. Because you were not of God's elect; and therefore even if you came to him seeking forgiveness, he would cast you out.

This, of course, is not a biblical understanding (see John 6:37).
Repentance there is to the regenerate. Unregenerate people cant repent, they are legally bound to the law. That command is strictly for the saved regenerate, and its effectual. Christ gives them repentance in the first place Acts 5 31; Acts 11 18

And besides that, it does no good to command a dead person to repent !

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No you are. Christ draws simply all whom He draws which results in believing in Him. In fact the drawing is conversion to Him, and the drawing is the new birth !
This is your translation of John 12:32...

Jhn 12:32, And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me with exception.

The part in italics and not in bold is the part that you have added.

Because the verse without the addition plainly teaches that He will draw all men without exception.

Reactions: Nancy

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Repentance there is to the regenerate. Unregenerate people cant repent, they are legally bound to the law. That command is strictly for the saved regenerate, and its effectual. Christ gives them repentance in the first place Acts 5 31; Acts 11 18

And besides that, it does no good to command a dead person to repent !
He commands all men everywhere to repent.

Why didn't He say here (in Acts of the Apostles 17:30) that He commands only the born again to repent?

It is because you repent in order to become born again, that's why.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Why didn't He say here (in Acts of the Apostles 17:30) that He commands only the born again to repent?

It is because you repent in order to become born again, that's why.
That doesnt have to be said. Its just a fact, thats the only ones that have a right and ability to repent. Also a dead person cant do anything to be born again, that is absurd !

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The all men are His Elect, all His Elect or Sheep

You have eisegeted the text.

"All men" actually does mean "all men".

That doesnt have to be said. Its just a fact, thats the only ones that have a right and ability to repent. Also a dead person cant do anything to be born again, that is absurd !

They are physically alive; and if they can decide whether to eat raspberry or maple syrup on their pancakes, they can decide whether to receive or reject Christ when the Holy Spirit draws them.

Last edited:

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
jbf

Yes, Repentance had been given to all men everywhere, all different nations ! Thats based upon the Abrahamic covenant Gen 12 3
3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

They are physically alive; and if they can decide whether to eat raspberry or maple syrup on their pancakes, they can decide whether to recieve or reject Christ when the Holy Spirit draws them.
Being physically alive isnt being spiritually alive. In Salvaic things being in the flesh, profits nothing, sorry !

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

They are physically alive; and if they can decide whether to eat raspberry or maple syrup on their pancakes, they can decide whether to recieve or reject Christ when the Holy Spirit draws them.
No it doesnt, it means all the Sheep or Elect !

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being physically alive isnt being spiritually alive. In Salvaic things being in the flesh, profits nothing, sorry !
Being physically alive means that you can "choose ye this day whom ye will serve."

Just like I can choose whether to eat maple or boysenberry syrup on my pancakes in the morning.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
jbf

Yes, Repentance had been given to all men everywhere, all different nations ! Thats based upon the Abrahamic covenant Gen 12 3
3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.
No, not everyone repents. Perhaps someone in every family.

But some go straight to hell when they die because they rejected faith in Jesus Christ; or, maybe, they trusted in the false hope of Calvinism and waited too long for God to save them apart from their free will decision.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, not everyone repents. Perhaps someone in every family.

But some go straight to hell when they die because they rejected faith in Jesus Christ; or, maybe, they trusted in the false hope of Calvinism and waited too long for God to save them apart from their free will decision.
So you are saying anyone who is a calvinist is not saved ?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you are saying anyone who is a calvinist is not saved ?
If anyone repents and places their trust in Jesus Christ and what He did for them on the Cross, they are saved.

Calvinism kind of downplays the whole repentance thing, impaho; so I would say that there is less of a likelihood that any Calvinist is truly born again.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If anyone repents and places their trust in Jesus Christ and what He did for them on the Cross, they are saved.

Calvinism kind of downplays the whole repentance thing, impaho; so I would say that there is less of a likelihood that any Calvinist is truly born again.
thats funny since I know plenty of calvinists who preach and teach repentance.

do you have any source where you can quote a calvinist pastor/teacher/theologian who denies repentance ?

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being physically alive means that you can "choose ye this day whom ye will serve."

Just like I can choose whether to eat maple or boysenberry syrup on my pancakes in the morning.
You can't choose spiritual things without spiritual life.