Dead in Sin !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I already stated, its to give evidence of having been saved, its a blessing of Salvation. Its a Gift from the Saviour Acts 5 31

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins

That word give is the greek word didómi and means:

to give something to some one — in various senses;

1. of one's own accord to give one something, to his advantage; to bestow, give as a gift

It causes the forgiven one to repent
Except the God calls everyone one repent, but not everyone is saved.

Much love!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is received by causing them to be born again. When a person is born they received life from God. It was bestowed upon them as a Gift
Since repentance and salvation happen at the same time, it cannot be said that salvation is the reason for repentance.

Repentance is a major aspect of the salvation given; salvation cannot happen without it.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit enables them because He gives them life spiritual and causes them to repent as being born of Him. Its not the dead sinner anymore that repents. but the new man with a new mind !
You can't have the mind without repentance. That's what repentance is, the exchange of the mind.

Much love!

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And repentance, also, is an act of the will (Joshua 24:15, John 1:12, Revelation 22:17).
It is if you are alive. The unregenerate will is dead to spiritual things and activity and to God. Repentance is toward God Acts 20 21

21 testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is if you are alive. The unregenerate will is dead to spiritual things and activity and to God. Repentance is toward God Acts 20 21

21 testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.
God will begin to quicken a man but he must receive that quickening in order for it to come in full force.

He succours (helps) us in the day of salvation (2 Corinthians 6:2) to make a decision to either wake up fully or else go back to sleep (back into spiritual death).

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is received by causing them to be born again. When a person is born they received life from God. It was bestowed upon them as a Gift
yes some cannot connect the dots between physical life and spiritual life as they make the false assumption they had something to do with each of those births lol.

Reactions: brightfame52

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes some cannot connect the dots between physical life and spiritual life as they make the false assumption they had something to do with each of those births lol.
When it's time for the baby to come out it usually comes out because it wants to come out.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
keep telling yourself that and I suppose you remembered that in the womb.................

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No He calls everyone He is A Saviour to, and who He gave it to, which in the final say, is His Elect !
OK. We'll disagree over that.

In times past God overlooked sin, but now calls on everyone to repent, Acts 17 I think.

What is repentance in your view? The word itself means to have an exchanged mind. What is your thought?

Much love!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK. We'll disagree over that.

In times past God overlooked sin, but now calls on everyone to repent, Acts 17 I think.

What is repentance in your view? The word itself means to have an exchanged mind. What is your thought?

Much love!
did you mean a change of mind or exchanged ?

I've never heard of exchanged mind but one that is renewed.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
did you mean a change of mind or exchanged ?

I've never heard of exchanged mind but one that is renewed.
Metanoia = the "after-mind" = the result of an exchanged mind, i.e., the mind of the flesh repudiated, and now we've received the mind of Christ.

Much love!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Metanoia = the "after-mind" = the result of an exchanged mind, i.e., the mind of the flesh repudiated, and now we've received the mind of Christ.

Much love!

Sorry provide a biblical definition from a reliable source to substantiate your claim that it means an "exchanged" mind. Thanks !

I know it means to change ones mind. to repent.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry provide a biblical definition from a reliable source to substantiate your claim that it means an "exchanged" mind. Thanks !

I know it means to change ones mind. to repent.

metanoia aftermind - Google Search

Here are some extrabiblical sources.

Oh, and I did use Greek language textbooks, and they aren't the Bible. Like I said, you have to be able to read. But again, I use my word studies to confirm the meanings of the words

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just research for yourself if you actually want to know.

Much love!
I did that decades ago and have it memorized hence my questions to you on its meaning. This wasn't an exercise for me. :)

I studied N.T. Greek in the 80's for 2 years.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did that decades ago and have it memorized hence my questions to you on its meaning. This wasn't an exercise for me. :)

I studied N.T. Greek in the 80's for 2 years.
Then you should know this.

I don't know what else to say.

Much love!

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since repentance and salvation happen at the same time, it cannot be said that salvation is the reason for repentance.

Repentance is a major aspect of the salvation given; salvation cannot happen without it.
Sure it can, thats the exact reason why. A Person cant repent without being saved.