Dead in Sin !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually God saves a person first and as a result they repent. A Spiritually dead lost person cannot repent. Repentance as is faith is evidence of having been born again saved.
I have given scripture to support my pov....do you have scripture to support yours (scripture that says that someone who is spiritually dead cannot repent)?

Even if you do have scripture to support that statement, it only means that repentance and salvation happen at the same time; being the (same) gift of God.

And, since this is the case, I say to you verily that salvation does not happen apart from repentance.

But I know that you will continue to fight me on this, even though I have compromised; because the issue at hand is that the reason many hold to Calvinism is because of its implications that repentance isn't necessary; and because they do not want to repent, such a doctrine tickles their ears; so they heap to themselves teachers to teach them Calvinistic philosophy; to tell them what their itching ears want to hear (2 Timothy 4:1-5).

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see it works both ways.
Jesus goes to the well... yo, woman.. I'm calling you
I'm gonna ask you some questions.. be truthful and confess..
ok lord..boom the many in the village get saved.

Jesus walking through town, some guys says Lord, can ya help, my daughter/son is dying..
Jesus said, your faith is enough..

so which is it?
yay, nay..does it matter as long as he draws near to us or we draw near to him..
that is the ultimate goal isn't it?

Hugs

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, this is what the scripture says:

Eze 33:11, Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

Eze 33:14, Again, when I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; if he turn from his sin, and do that which is lawful and right;
Eze 33:15, If the wicked restore the pledge, give again that he had robbed, walk in the statutes of life, without committing iniquity; he shall surely live, he shall not die.
Eze 33:16, None of his sins that he hath committed shall be mentioned unto him: he hath done that which is lawful and right; he shall surely live.

Eze 33:19, But if the wicked turn from his wickedness, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall live thereby.
That is to old covenant Israel, nothing to do with Spiritual life through Christ !

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have given scripture to support my pov....do you have scripture to support yours (scripture that says that someone who is spiritually dead cannot repent)?

Even if you do have scripture to support that statement, it only means that repentance and salvation happen at the same time; being the (same) gift of God.

And, since this is the case, I say to you verily that salvation does not happen apart from repentance.

But I know that you will continue to fight me on this, even though I have compromised; because the issue at hand is that the reason many hold to Calvinism is because of its implications that repentance isn't necessary; and because they do not want to repent, such a doctrine tickles their ears; so they heap to themselves teachers to teach them Calvinistic philosophy; to tell them what their itching ears want to hear (2 Timothy 4:1-5).
I ve given scripture. However a spiritually dead person cannot do nothing ! They dead.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jhn 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Jhn 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Jhn 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
Jhn 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
Jhn 3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is to old covenant Israel, nothing to do with Spiritual life through Christ !

2Ti 3:16, All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Ti 3:17, That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

I've given scripture.

Nothing adequate that I'm aware of.

Last edited:

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2Ti 3:16, All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Ti 3:17, That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Nothing adequate that I'm aware of.
Its still the OT Covenant with Physical Israel, nothing to do with Spiritual things in Christ. Thats profitable to know so the word can be rightly divided, and that its been studied !

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its still the OT Covenant with Physical Israel, nothing to do with Spiritual things in Christ. Thats profitable to know so the word can be rightly divided, and that its been studied !
Reject the word if you want; you are hardening your heart to what the holy scriptures teach and to what the Holy Ghost is wanting to say to you.

Read Hebrews 3:7-8, Hebrews 3:15, Hebrews 4:7.

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The soul that sins will die. OSAS is a lie from hell.

Ezekiel 33
[12] Therefore, thou son of man, say unto the children of thy people, The righteousness of the righteous shall not deliver him in the day of his transgression: as for the wickedness of the wicked, he shall not fall thereby in the day that he turneth from his wickedness; neither shall the righteous be able to live for his righteousness in the day that he sinneth.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so one sin you are outta there and hell awaits every follower of Jesus once they sin.

you can have your false doctrine from the pits of hell.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The soul that sins will die. OSAS is a lie from hell.

Ezekiel 33
[12] Therefore, thou son of man, say unto the children of thy people, The righteousness of the righteous shall not deliver him in the day of his transgression: as for the wickedness of the wicked, he shall not fall thereby in the day that he turneth from his wickedness; neither shall the righteous be able to live for his righteousness in the day that he sinneth.
Thats old convenant national Israel, has nothing to do with Salvation through Christ. You need to learn to rightly divide the word of truth !

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thats old convenant national Israel, has nothing to do with Salvation through Christ. You need to learn to rightly divide the word of truth !

No it isn't. The principle is the same in the NT.

Romans 6
[1] What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
[2] God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

[14] For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
[15] What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
[16] Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No it isn't. The principle is the same in the NT.

Romans 6
[1] What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
[2] God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

[14] For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
[15] What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
[16] Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
And no one here is promoting a sinful way of life but just the opposite.