Dead or alive ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is the God of the living not the dead[Mk 12:26-p27] - twinc

Well I disagree, because God is going to resurrect the dead from the beginning up to the return of Christ, first those that will enter in, which were dead, and at that point they will belong to God. And at the end God will resurrect those that will be Judged, which were dead, and are at that point His to Judge into everlasting Contempt! So weather they are Alive and or Dead they are still the Creators Property!

Reactions: Helen

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Well I disagree, because God is going to resurrect the dead from the beginning up to the return of Christ, first those that will enter in, which were dead, and at that point they will belong to God. And at the end God will resurrect those that will be Judged, which were dead, and are at that point His to Judge into everlasting Contempt! So weather they are Alive and or Dead they are still the Creators Property!

you forget what must not and better not be forgotten or we are lost viz Jesus said I have come not to judge the world but to save it- twinc

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Universalism is not really understood so is not accepted but it must or else no salvation is possible and Jesus is a madman and not the saviour of the world - twinc
I understand this belief as it has been explained to me by at least two people over the years. I do not completely reject it, but as with OSAS, I seriously doubt what some will say about it. I do not believe it to be correct.

Your own understanding of it is where you are and I respect that although I disagree with your conclusion. The key as I see it, is that many things we are still only seeing [understanding] as through a glass darkly. In other words our vision is blurred in part even though it may be and should be improving. The final vision is when we are able to see Him face to face.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God is the God of the living not the dead[Mk 12:26-p27] - twinc
Well it was Jesus Christ who said that he was the God of the living and not the dead, so it's about that they who follow in him, that they have life in abundance. because it is him that gives them the Holy Spirit and that's a new Life, it's called being Born Again.

God the Father may be everything and the God of living and the dead, but Jesus Christ is the Salvation of man and outside of that one is lost.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
I understand this belief as it has been explained to me by at least two people over the years. I do not completely reject it, but as with OSAS, I seriously doubt what some will say about it. I do not believe it to be correct.

Your own understanding of it is where you are and I respect that although I disagree with your conclusion. The key as I see it, is that many things we are still only seeing [understanding] as through a glass darkly. In other words our vision is blurred in part even though it may be and should be improving. The final vision is when we are able to see Him face to face.

it is this word all again that is also a stumbling elsewhere - all will not and cannot be saved only the children of God will be saved for "I HAVE LOST NONE SAVE ONE THAT YOU GAVE ME" - twinc

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
both is not what scripture says imho - twinc
From Google:
God ɡäd/ noun
  1. (in Christianity and other monotheistic religions) the creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being.
By definition, the ruler of the universe is the ruler of the living and the dead. Trying to divide Scriptures by saying "Is God the God of the living and the dead" is like asking "Soda or Pop, which is correct?"
Cause they cant both be correct... right? Where as some facts are mutually exclusive, every fact in Scriptures concerning God is mutually inclusive.

Matt. 22:32
31But concerning the resurrection of the dead, have you not read what God said to you: 32‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob?’ He is not theGod of the dead, but of the living.” 33When the crowds heard this, they were astonished at His teaching.…
Berean Study Bible

Now, in order to understand this, we must compare Scriptures with Scriptures.

1 Samuel 2:6
6“The Lord brings death and makes alive;
he brings down to the grave and raises up

Revelation 1:18
And the living one. I died, and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades.

Scripture doesnt really care what we think is true, and nor do I. Before we go stating our opinions, shall we first verify their validity and basis in Scripture first?

Now, what does all this mean? In essence, what Jesus is saying is thag God is not the God of the dead, in the sense that death has no power over the decisions of God. When He commands, death obeys. Period. This is why He is the God of Death, because He is its supreme ruler. God is the God of the living because our literal every breath is allowed by Him, and he keeps us in existence by merely thinking about us. So, in conclusion, the Scriptures DO INDEED confirm that God is, as He by definition should be, God over all... even life and death.

Reactions: Helen