Dead to the Law

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How so? Do you believe that there is no such thing as believing Gentiles? No such thing as unbelieving Gentiles?

Never said that.

On the rest, I am not going to argue with you any further, @Taken. tbh with you I don't even pay attention to your posts for the most part because I believe that you have not laid your faith on the proper foundation. And therefore, what you are building on it is not going to be a building that is going to stand.

I have also made my case and in your response, you did not refute the case that I made.

And, therefore, your argument is not with me but with the Lord.

Excellent!
I have no need to argue with you.
But disagree with you, yep.
I'll follow Jesus' Doctrine.
And you can follow whatever you please.
That is Freewill!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can see that you are not going to listen to reason but are instead going to blindly follow after your Catholic dogma.

scripture, dogma same thing
Catholic and divine faith of the apostles
Acts 2:42

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary is the mother of God Lk 1:43
Creepy. I don't know any other way to describe it. I'm totally creeped out by the Catholic religion. I see now why it's important to you that Mary be deified. After talking to you guys I see it's worse than I thought. Not trying to be mean or insulting. I'm just being totally honest. I'm taken aback by the depth of depravity of your beliefs and how deeply seated they are in you minds. It's scary.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can see that you are not going to listen to reason but are instead going to blindly follow after your Catholic dogma.
Yes. So don't waste more than a few lines of computer ink on them. If (and that's a big IF) God is somehow speaking to them to rescue them from these Catholic myths I believe God is going to speak to them through the brevity of a couple of verses of scripture. Scripture that speaks plainly and to the point and which is not open to creative interpretation.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not that we are to any more look to a set of do's and don'ts that we are to live up to in order to save ourselves.

Nay, nay, my False Gospel Preaching Foe..... According to dozens of your more revealing posts, there “ IS” something we must “ DO” to get Saved—- Repent Of all of your sins before you die lest you be damned forever.....Did you “ forget” to mention that Perversion Of Paul's Gospel.....seems like you try to hide that until a shine a light on it.....You need to explain to the Newbies out there, and others , why you do that......a suspicious man might think it’s something you don’t really want to talk about anymore....please show your true self in your posts.....thanks....

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol, I get them mixed up sometimes, too. Until I get into their posts, then I see who's posting.

I have a Pastor friend, American, who for years, would go and live in Israel, 5-6 months a year...
Ofcourse many Jews, some Christians, many Muslims in Israel. Fascinating stories of his interactions daily with them.
His most interesting comment, was How Confusing to get to the nitty gritty of what American "Christians" actually believe.
We had many long conversations about that...
...which, IMO...multiple people call themselves (and call others), "Christians"...
- and ofcourse it is Confusing...;
Because...some are beginning to First hear, some are occasionally following, some don't believe, some are calling themselves Christians because their Daddy calls himself a Christian, some are joining the church to make daddy happy; find a mate; find a business contact prospect; advance a political career, get an upstanding kudos in the neighborhood, some are there for the fashion show, some for the latest gossip, some like the music, rituals, entertainment and festivities, etc.....

• and then there are the FEW who are Earnestly seeking to praise and worship the Lord God Almighty.
•People can read...how Jesus turned the money changers tables...but completely miss the Big Picture....
•The Church is "supposed" to be All About the Lord God Almighty...
•I think God is appalled ...at all the nonsense.

•NOT saying, every person Pastering a church, is not leading with Gods direction, and keeping the congregation in check...
But...the trend has been for some time, for many Pastors, to Preach with "societies" and "people OF the world's word in their mouth"...
to fill the pews, and keep people feeling "good ABOUT THEMSELVES".
An utter fail!

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not that we are to any more look to a set of do's and don'ts that we are to live up to in order to save ourselves.

Nay, nay, my False Gospel Preaching Foe..... According to dozens of your more revealing posts, there “ IS” something we must “ DO” to get Saved—- Repent Of all of your sins before you die lest you be damned forever.....Did you “ forget” to mention that Perversion Of Paul's Gospel.....seems like you try to hide that until a shine a light on it.....You need to explain to the Newbies out there, and others , why you do that......a suspicious man might think it’s something you don’t really want to talk about anymore....please show your true self in your posts.....thanks....
Yes, a man must repent of walking in the direction of sin before he dies in order to be truly saved from hell...

Which does not translate into having to pinpoint every sin in your life and repent of each individual sin that you have committed.

It means to make a 180-degree turn away from sin, death, hell, and satan, towards righteousness, life, heaven, and God.

For those who will not just take @Blood Bought 1953's word for it that I am a false teacher, but who will apply the Berean principle (Acts of the Apostles 17:10-11) to my teaching, I offer Ezekiel 33:19 and its context (Ezekiel 33:11-20) as a scriptural basis for saying that we must repent.

For those who would heap to themselves teachers like @Blood Bought 1953 to tell them what their itching ears want to hear (2 Timothy 4:3), that they do not need to repent; well, I leave you to your false teacher.

For it is written,

Mat 15:14, Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will also allow this scripture to speak for itself.

Gal 4:28, Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.
Gal 4:29, But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

Persecution being defined as an attempt to dissuade people from hearing the message of a person; an attempt to stop people from being ministered to by the person who is being persecuted so that he or she will have a lesser reward in heaven for that there will be fewer who will hear his message and be saved thereby.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree.
And I think that's what Jesus was talking about, too, when he said our righteousness must exceed that of the Pharisees. They neglected the weightier matters of the law. They were blameless in regard to the externals of the law but failed miserably in matters of the law regarding hatred and greed and love. We are not to neglect those. And so our righteousness must exceed that of the so-called law keeping Pharisees.

Let’s set aside these things and get down to the “ Nitty Gritty”, shall we.....to exceed the righteousness of the Pharisees is merely a starting point....If you chose to take the “ Performance Route” to get your Justification before a Holy God.....the Standard is NOT “ be better than a Pharisee” —- it becomes “ BE PERFECT!
THERE is your Standard, and if you break just one Law , you are as guilty as the person that has broken them all....why cant you Legalistic, Performance - Obsessed people see what is going on? You are trapped like rats—- no man will make it by depending upon his performance ....not even if you are fifty times better than a Pharisee! You MUST be PERFECT....”Even as HE is PERFECT”....
Nobody is or ever will be “ Perfect”...... no one is or ever will be “ Righteous” . ....... You either get it IMPUTED to you because you REST in the Gospel Of 1Cor15:1-4 Plus Nothing or you don’t get it at all. The point of the 613 Commandments and the point if the Sermon on the Mount was to show you your need for Mercy and Grace....it’s the only Route that works....God ain’t interested in your pitiful attempts at trying and failing to be Perfect! God is looking for TRUST! Give Him that and He will see to it that you get the remainder of everything you need to get and stay Saved....
“ The RIGHTEOUS shall LIVE by Faith!” Do YOUR part, which is to Turn to God ( True Salvational
Repentance ) as a Lost Sinner , Fully Trusting in the Shed Blood Of His Son to Fully Save you, and He will do the rest....” He will finish the good work that He started”......Believe that God will keep His Word.....that is what Faith is.....Faith is the instrument that Saves....NOT trying to be better than a Pharisee .....just about anybody can be better than a “ brood Of vipers” , which is what Jesus called them....
Trying to be good....trying to be the best man you can be......trying to out-do a Pharisee in Law- Keeping—these are all commendable things! They can all contribute to making you a “ moral” man.....unfortunately , Hell will be replete with moral men! God surely wants us to be moral people.....but morality is simply not Perfection and that is the Standard.....you only get “ considered “ Perfect by Resting in the Gospel .....If you don’t do that, according to Hebrews 3 and 4, God calls you out as one who is an “ UNBELIEVER .Serious Stuff . Believe the Gospel.Prove that you Believe it by Resting in it—- that means don't add to it with Anything......Read Galatians and discover that that is how one “ Falls from Grace” .......Stop TRYING to get Saved....Start TRUSTING to be Saved.....good intentions count for nothing.....the difference is Heaven or Hell....God Bless....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The law of Moses is; it is the law by which every man will be found guilty before God.

Obedience or the lack of Obedience is NOT the determining factor on Judgement Day ..

We are all going to be Judged, “According to Paul’s Gospel”, ( Romans 2:16 ) Given to Him by Jesus Christ.What would that consist of?
Did you really Believe that Jesus rose from the dead? Probably . It’s A no- brainer and a MUST to be considered a Christian ....
Did you really Believe that Jesus died for your Sins? Probably not. You were more SIN conscience than you were SON Conscience .....you probably Believed that Jesus died for your PAST sins, right? You probably mouthed it unthinkingly a thousand times just as you sang “ Nothing But The Blood “ a thousand times without giving it any real thought.It was just a song that you were supposed to sing in church. Had you actually thought about it , you would have discovered that the Truth Of That Song was an OUTRAGE to you! What you REALLY Believed was that even though the Blood was Essential for Salvation, it was never , on its own , ADEQUATE for anyone’s Salvation....It was too puny....it also required you to do “ your” part.....to be essentially a “Co-Savior” with your sterling Performance and all....God won’t have that ....you may find out too late that that Song had it right all along—— it really was, NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD.......God Bless...

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let’s set aside these things and get down to the “ Nitty Gritty”, shall we.....to exceed the righteousness of the Pharisees is merely a starting point....If you chose to take the “ Performance Route” to get your Justification before a Holy God.....the Standard is NOT “ be better than a Pharisee” —- it becomes “ BE PERFECT!
THERE is your Standard, and if you break just one Law , you are as guilty as the person that has broken them all....why cant you Legalistic, Performance - Obsessed people see what is going on? You are trapped like rats—- no man will make it by depending upon his performance ....not even if you are fifty times better than a Pharisee! You MUST be PERFECT....”Even as HE is PERFECT”....
Nobody is or ever will be “ Perfect”...... no one is or ever will be “ Righteous” . ....... You either get it IMPUTED to you because you REST in the Gospel Of 1Cor15:1-4 Plus Nothing or you don’t get it at all. The point of the 613 Commandments and the point if the Sermon on the Mount was to show you your need for Mercy and Grace....it’s the only Route that works....God ain’t interested in your pitiful attempts at trying and failing to be Perfect! God is looking for TRUST! Give Him that and He will see to it that you get the remainder of everything you need to get and stay Saved....
“ The RIGHTEOUS shall LIVE by Faith!” Do YOUR part, which is to Turn to God ( True Salvational
Repentance ) as a Lost Sinner , Fully Trusting in the Shed Blood Of His Son to Fully Save you, and He will do the rest....” He will finish the good work that He started”......Believe that God will keep His Word.....that is what Faith is.....Faith is the instrument that Saves....NOT trying to be better than a Pharisee .....just about anybody can be better than a “ brood Of vipers” , which is what Jesus called them....
Trying to be good....trying to be the best man you can be......trying to out-do a Pharisee in Law- Keeping—these are all commendable things! They can all contribute to making you a “ moral” man.....unfortunately , Hell will be replete with moral men! God surely wants us to be moral people.....but morality is simply not Perfection and that is the Standard.....you only get “ considered “ Perfect by Resting in the Gospel .....If you don’t do that, according to Hebrews 3 and 4, God calls you out as one who is an “ UNBELIEVER .Serious Stuff . Believe the Gospel.Prove that you Believe it by Resting in it—- that means don't add to it with Anything......Read Galatians and discover that that is how one “ Falls from Grace” .......Stop TRYING to get Saved....Start TRUSTING to be Saved.....good intentions count for nothing.....the difference is Heaven or Hell....God Bless....

Galatians 6:13 tells us that no one can keep the letter of the law.

However, consider the following.

Rom 7:6, But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

Now, this will tell us that if we have been redeemed by the blood of Christ, we have been forgiven of past, present, and future sins...and therefore we are set free from the letter of the law and have been made free to walk according to the spirit of what is written.

Rom 8:3, For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
Rom 8:4, That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Sin is no longer defined as transgressing the law, is what this verse is saying; but it is confined to the flesh so that sin is defined as walking according to the flesh.

Of course, if anyone does the works of the flesh, they will find that they are violating the law.

Gal 5:19, Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Every law in the Universe was created to punish people when they do things according to the manner of the flesh as is described in this passage.

Those who walk according to the flesh will not inherit the kingdom of God.

So, what we said about not being under the law must be defined by the context of this passage.

Gal 5:18, But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Gal 5:22, But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obedience or the lack of Obedience is NOT the determining factor on Judgement Day ..

2Co 5:10, For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Col 3:25, But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons.

Rev 20:12, And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

The fact of the matter is, being regenerated and renewed in the Holy Ghost is going to result in a change of life that amounts to walking in righteousness (1 John 3:7, Romans 5:19, Matthew 5:6).

Yes, we are not redeemed by "works of righteousness which we have done" (Titus 3:5)...

However, it should be clear that the following is true of the redeemed.

Tit 3:3, For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.

Our very behaviour will be radically changed if we are born again so that our very works will now be righteous (from the center of our being) instead of unrighteous as will be the case with all of the unredeemed.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...to exceed the righteousness of the Pharisees is merely a starting point....If you chose to take the “ Performance Route” to get your Justification before a Holy God.....the Standard is NOT “ be better than a Pharisee” —- it becomes “ BE PERFECT!
Jesus was not saying you have to be more righteous than the Pharisees to earn justification. Nobody that I know of thinks that's what Jesus was saying, so no need to even go there.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...God ain’t interested in your pitiful attempts at trying and failing to be Perfect!
Of course he is, lol. That's why we are commanded to be perfect. We are always to be seeking to be perfectly obedient. We are not to be carelessly and purposely seeking to fail. That's the sign of an unbeliever. The true believer wants to respond perfectly in all situations and he seeks after it. And he has the blood of Christ to cleanse him of all unrighteousness when he fails.

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith is the instrument that Saves....NOT trying to be better than a Pharisee ...
We all know this. What most do not know is living like a Pharisee shows you do not have faith, and unless that changes you aren't going into the kingdom when Jesus comes back. Faith in a person is signified by NOT living like a hypocritical Pharisee. That is the message you need to be proclaiming to a church full of hypocrites.