Dead to the Law

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Surely you are the one who gauges whether a person's gospel is right or faulty...

You can bet your sweet behind that I do ! A five year old could do it....it’s 1cor15:1-4.....anything that goes beyond saying that Jesus died for your sins and rose from the dead and that simply believing those Truths will save a person is a False and perverted Gospel.....
You sinfully ADD to that simple Gospel when you falsely claim that one must Repent Of all of their sins before they die or they will go to Hell......This is why you and your ilk are “ Fallen from Grace”...... all one has to do is read Galatians ....your “ fallen” state is obvious and can’t be denied...... I take no pleasure in saying that.....it’s just so obvious , it can’t be ignored....

It should be clear that if anyone is a worker of iniquity, they will be cast into the furnace of fire (Matthew 13:41-42) and that every man is born dead in trespasses and sins (Ephesians 2:1).

It follows that the Lord requires a man to repent of working iniquity if he is going to escape the fate of being cast into the furnace of fire...

If 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 were all of what is written in the Bible, you might have a point...

However, we know from holy scripture that all of holy scripture is inspired of the Lord and is profitable for doctrine (including Matthew 13:41-42)....so my point stands as unrefuted by you.

The Blood “ starts” the process that you are referring to....the actual process itself follows naturally after that Faith is put in the Blood and is a work performed by the Holy Spirit , not the Blood per se...

It is performed by the blood.

Heb 13:12, Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.

Heb 10:29, Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

1Jo 1:7, But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Your aping Of me , in an attempt to “ turn the tables” on me , ain’t clever....it doesn’t fit who you are and it comes off as kinda pathetic....just sayin’....

See Proverbs 26:4-5.

I am just answering you according to your folly in order that you might not be wise in your own eyes.

If I become like you in doing that then that is a sacrifice that I must make for your sake.

But yes, when you do it it also comes off as kind of pathetic.

Now that you can see it on someone else, it may behoove you to see it the same way on yourself as you see it on others.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary speaking......” my soul magnifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior” Sinless people don’t need “ Saviors”...

preserved from sin is still SAVED from sin hence savior
And how is her very soul (being) (existence) magnify’s God?

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
2) I actually did sic the mods on @HisLife because his behaviour truly was beyond the normal level of attack that you might experience in a normal case of banter on a forum

Haha you tried to sic the Mods on me? lol Was that the time you got upset and said you were going to ignore me because I pointed out you were faking it with your False Gospel, Look The problem is You pretend to be a teacher Pastor For Christians, When You aren't even A Christian your self, The Fact is You have never trusted in Jesus You are still trying to deal with your sins yourself (your own words), You don't meet the Criteria, And definitely not a teacher/Pastor I was just trying to help you Realise the mess you are in, But when you said you were ignoring me I Left things there, But The mods didn't stop anything? You hit me up ill be right here, You ready to listen and learn yet? From other posts I've seen, I would say no... you've been taking to bits the last few weeks on many posts but you couldn't care less could you, Like a conscience seared with a hot iron, How you been lately still speaking out both sides of your mouth, Relying on your lucky repentance, Faith in yourself trying to be perfect? Hows the movie Making Going you Super star Hollywood actor? Be good to hear from you

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Haha you tried to sic the Mods on me? lol Was that the time you got upset and said you were going to ignore me because I pointed out you were faking it with your False Gospel, Look The problem is You pretend to be a teacher Pastor For Christians, When You aren't even A Christian your self, The Fact is You have never trusted in Jesus You are still trying to deal with your sins yourself (your own words), You don't meet the Criteria, And definitely not a teacher/Pastor I was just trying to help you Realise the mess you are in, But when you said you were ignoring me I Left things there, But The mods didn't stop anything? You hit me up ill be right here, You ready to listen and learn yet? From other posts I've seen, I would say no... you've been taking to bits the last few weeks on many posts but you couldn't care less could you, Like a conscience seared with a hot iron, How you been lately still speaking out both sides of your mouth, Relying on your lucky repentance, Faith in yourself trying to be perfect? Hows the movie Making Going you Super star Hollywood actor? Be good to hear from you

As usual, you continue to spew out hatred for me. Evidently you will never forgive me for pointing out to you that in saying that my tongues were of the devil, you were in fact blaspheming the Spirit of God who dwells within me.

Am I condemning you in saying this? I am not.

For even you have an opportunity to repent and to receive the equivalent of forgiveness (2 Samuel 14:14, Acts of the Apostles 3:19). You are only in danger of everlasting condemnation (Mark 3:29 (kjv)).

The fact that I have a prayer language that is of the Holy Ghost is the evidence that you refuse to see, that I am a genuine believer in Christ.

You are still trying to deal with your sins yourself (your own words),

Please use the quote feature and bring to the forefront the post where I said those exact words. For you are lying when you say that those are my own words; and this is proven by the fact that you cannot produce the post where I said that using the quote feature or a link.

When You aren't even A Christian your self,

I know that I know that I know that I am born again.

I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him against that day.

But in pointing your finger at me, you need to recognize that you have three fingers pointing back at you (Matthew 7:1-5, Luke 6:41-42) and therefore I would exhort you to examine yourself as to whether you are genuinely in the faith (2 Corinthians 13:5).

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another point that I would make, in defense of the reality of the concept that I am born again, is that the word is nigh me, in my mouth and in my heart (Romans 10:8). And this is the righteousness of faith that dwells within me (verse 6).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Born again requires baptism
Just ask behold
@Behold would deny that; but I do not deny that.

I have personally been baptized in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth for the remission of sins (Acts of the Apostles 2:38-39, Acts of the Apostles 4:10-12, 1 Peter 3:20-21).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Surely you are the one who gauges whether a person's gospel is right or faulty...

You can bet your sweet behind that I do ! A five year old could do it....it’s 1cor15:1-4.....anything that goes beyond saying that Jesus died for your sins and rose from the dead and that simply believing those Truths will save a person is a False and perverted Gospel.....
You sinfully ADD to that simple Gospel when you falsely claim that one must Repent Of all of their sins before they die or they will go to Hell......This is why you and your ilk are “ Fallen from Grace”...... all one has to do is read Galatians ....your “ fallen” state is obvious and can’t be denied...... I take no pleasure in saying that.....it’s just so obvious , it can’t be ignored....

Discerning : The Water Cults (posts #631-#641)

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
As usual, you continue to spew out hatred for me. Evidently you will never forgive me for pointing out to you that in saying that my tongues were of the devil, you were in fact blaspheming the Spirit of God who dwells within me.

Am I condemning you in saying this? I am not.

For even you have an opportunity to repent and to receive the equivalent of forgiveness (2 Samuel 14:14, Acts of the Apostles 3:19). You are only in danger of everlasting condemnation (Mark 3:29 (kjv)).

The fact that I have a prayer language that is of the Holy Ghost is the evidence that you refuse to see, that I am a genuine believer in Christ.

You Still Can't get over that ...I didn't bring it up you always do lol anyway We have been through it many times, You were been silly it was unbiblical you kinda just lost it because you got caught in error then you made the error worse, it wasn't in line with scripture so there is that point, But you said you were battling with Devils at the time... it is what it is, But your words are Nothing more than Hot Air The intent behind them is more important and you went against scripture with your words when The Bibles Specifically states you should have kept Quite, So I called it for what it was, its what it had to be to go against scripture like you did, Where do you get this Delusion That you think everything you say has the authority of God, It's wrong, you can throw verses around as much as you want in your own context but your words are in error, you cant add to Gods Word but you would do well to believe it.

Please use the quote feature and bring to the forefront the post where I said those exact words. For you are lying when you say that those are my own words; and this is proven by the fact that you cannot produce the post where I said that using the quote feature or a link.

I can find it and I probably Will But you always try and waste so much time trying to chase around posts when you just deny it anyway, Your a sneaky one

I know that I know that I know that I am born again.

I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him against that day.

But in pointing your finger at me, you need to recognize that you have three fingers pointing back at you (Matthew 7:1-5, Luke 6:41-42) and therefore I would exhort you to examine yourself as to whether you are genuinely in the faith (2 Corinthians 13:5).

Of course, That's Why I said it to you, I can only Go on your words And you Don't believe Jesus Died for all your sins, So To be Safe you want to repent of your sins yourself instead.So Is your Faith in Jesus or are you trusting your Faith in yourself as well, its all or nothing, You can't serve two masters

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You Still Can't get over that ...

If the Holy Spirit doesn't forgive you, why should I forgive you?

But you said you were battling with Devils at the time... it is what it is,

No, that is not what I said at the time.

and you went against scripture with your words

Nope.

when The Bibles Specifically states you should have kept Quiet, <fify>

No...when someone speaks in a tongue we are to wait for an interpretation and if there is no interpretation, then those who have the gift of tongues are to keep quiet.

its what it had to be to go against scripture like you did,

I didn't go against scripture in the slightest.

Where do you get this Delusion That you think everything you say has the authority of God,

What I say only has the authority of God inasmuch as it is backed up by proper interpretation of holy scripture.

I make it a point to talk to the author of the Book about what He means by what He says; because I have a relationship with the author of the Book.

I can find it and I probably Will

See Proverbs 16:27, Proverbs 17:9. Which is an indictment on you for even wanting to do so.

Of course, That's Why I said it to you, I can only Go on your words And you Don't believe Jesus Died for all your sins,

You have misunderstood my words. I believe that Jesus has died for all of my sins; for I do not commit willful sins against Him.

So To be Safe you want to repent of your sins yourself instead.

That is the only way to be forgiven alongside of believing in Christ's blood as being the remedy for all sins.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't understand most of the stuff in this thread but dead to the law means that we're not held accountable to the law because as Christians we trust Jesus. :) (However, that doesn't give us a free pass to sin either.)

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What does Paul mean by "you also are become dead to the Law?"
The apostle Paul explains everything we need to know about the Law of Moses and how it applies to those who are in Christ under the New Covenant. But he uses the term "the Law" in two senses: (1) the entire Law of Moses and (2) the Ten Commandments. "The law" can also be applied to either the whole Torah or the whole Tanakh (OT) depending on context.

1. The Law (the Ten Commandments) establishes that the whole world is guilty of being law-breakers before God: Now we know that what things soever the Law saith, it saith to them who are under the Law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. (Rom 3:19)

2. Before a person turns to Christ for salvation, he or she must see themselves as guilty sinners before God, and that the deeds (or works) of the Law will not justify anyone: Therefore by the deeds of the Law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the Law is the knowledge of sin. (Rom 3:20)

3. Which means that no one has any hope outside of the righteousness of Christ (which is the righteousness of God Himself) being imputed to that person: But now the righteousness of God without the Law is manifested, being witnessed by the Law and the prophets; Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: (Rom 3:21,22)

4. Therefore justification is purely and freely by the grace of God, and based upon the finished redemptive work of Christ:
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. (Rom 3:24-26)

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't understand most of the stuff in this thread but dead to the law means that we're not held accountable to the law because as Christians we trust Jesus. :) (However, that doesn't give us a free pass to sin either.)
Sin is the transgression of the law (1 John 3:4).

Reactions: April_Rose

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The apostle Paul explains everything we need to know about the Law of Moses and how it applies to those who are in Christ under the New Covenant. But he uses the term "the Law" in two senses: (1) the entire Law of Moses and (2) the Ten Commandments. "The law" can also be applied to either the whole Torah or the whole Tanakh (OT) depending on context.

1. The Law (the Ten Commandments) establishes that the whole world is guilty of being law-breakers before God: Now we know that what things soever the Law saith, it saith to them who are under the Law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. (Rom 3:19)

2. Before a person turns to Christ for salvation, he or she must see themselves as guilty sinners before God, and that the deeds (or works) of the Law will not justify anyone: Therefore by the deeds of the Law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the Law is the knowledge of sin. (Rom 3:20)

3. Which means that no one has any hope outside of the righteousness of Christ (which is the righteousness of God Himself) being imputed to that person: But now the righteousness of God without the Law is manifested, being witnessed by the Law and the prophets; Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: (Rom 3:21,22)

4. Therefore justification is purely and freely by the grace of God, and based upon the finished redemptive work of Christ:
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. (Rom 3:24-26)
The whole law is what we are to look at if we are seeking to enter in through a works righteousness (Galatians 3:10, Matthew 5:17-20, James 2:10, Matthew 5:48).

All 613 commandments apply (Matthew 5:17-20, Galatians 3:10, Galatians 6:13).

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
If the Holy Spirit doesn't forgive you, why should I forgive you?

Like I said Your use Of Pretending to be the Holy spirit Contradicted What Scripture says, Your voices lie to you, you actually admit that also, These Spirits Give you false Humility when you have zero Authority

No, that is not what I said at the time.

Yep they were tricking you almost convinced ya...apparently

I didn't go against scripture in the slightest.

You Do Quite Often. And you don't Believe Jesus Died For Your sins, And Worse is you are allowed to Proclaim you are a teacher here

What I say only has the authority of God inasmuch as it is backed up by proper interpretation of holy scripture.

I make it a point to talk to the author of the Book about what He means by what He says; because I have a relationship with the author of the Book.

Yes Gods Word won't return to Him void, The Problem Is the interpretation, You Think You Have it Right When you clearly haven't But you think your right in your own eyes

See Proverbs 16:27, Proverbs 17:9. Which is an indictment on you for even wanting to do so.

I wasn't really interested but you said to.......

You have misunderstood my words. I believe that Jesus has died for all of my sins; for I do not commit willful sins against Him.

Since Last Thursday? You told me that once....If you make it about if you commit Willful sins You Fail. Game Over your Dead...You need A Solution better than that

That is the only way to be forgiven alongside of believing in Christ's blood as being the remedy for all sins.

Here Is Where Your A Phoney, You Don't Do anything alongside Believing In Christs Blood as being the remedy for all sins, The Self Proclaimed Teacher Teaching There own Repentance From Sin Alongside Christs Blood, Can There Be more Blasphemy In real Christianity?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You Do Quite Often.

I never go against what is taught by holy scripture. I also encourage those who read my posts to be Bereans (Acts of the Apostles 17:10-11) and check my words by the holy scriptures. I also often reference scripture to back up my statements. If I have said things that are against the holy scriptures, why have you never been able to point out anything that I have said as being against holy scripture?

And you don't Believe Jesus Died For Your sins,

Who are you to tell me what I believe? And lying about it to boot.

Since Last Thursday? You told me that once....If you make it about if you commit Willful sins You Fail. Game Over your Dead...You need A Solution better than that

It is in fact possible to live a life that is free (John 8:31-36) and victorious (1 Corinthians 15:57) over willful sins (1 John 3:9, 1 John 3:6, 1 John 2:17).

Here Is Where Your A Phoney,

You have three fingers pointing back at you (Matthew 7:1-5, Luke 6:41-42).

You Don't Do anything alongside Believing In Christs Blood as being the remedy for all sins, The Self Proclaimed Teacher Teaching There own Repentance From Sin Alongside Christs Blood, Can There Be more Blasphemy In real Christianity?

It should be clear that the blood of Jesus does not only justify (as per Romans 5:9)...it also sanctifies (Hebrews 13:12, Hebrews 10:29) and cleanses us from all sin (1 John 1:7).

But God is not going to do that work of sanctification in us against our will...Jesus and the Holy Spirit are a gentleman.

So, He requires repentance; or, our relinquishing our control of our own life in which we have the tendency to live our own lives which is conducive to sinning. When we relinquish control He is able to then live His life in us and through us (Galatians 2:20). And when He is living our lives, He is not going to be living a lifestyle of sinning through us. But we must stop living our own lives and allow Him to live in us; and that means turning away from wickedness and beginning to walk in a way that is lawful and right (Ezekiel 33:19).

You really think that preaching the requirement of repentance is blasphemy? If you do, then you are so far out in left field that I don't know that there is any hope for you.

It should be clear that if anyone is a worker of iniquity and never repents of being in that state, they will be cast into the furnace of everlasting fire (Matthew 13:41-42, Matthew 7:23, Matthew 25:41).

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You really think that preaching the requirement of repentance is blasphemy? If you do, then you are so far out in left field that I don't know that there is any hope for you.

It should be clear that if anyone is a worker of iniquity and never repents of being in that state, they will be cast into the furnace of everlasting fire (Matthew 13:41-42, Matthew 7:23, Matthew 25:41).

How did you turn What I said Into That? That's Clearly Not what I said You did However ignore The Blood, You have a thing with your made-up Definition of Repentance, You have created your own weird Doctrine around it, your wrong you need to repent and believe the Gospel, Repentance That Saves Is Turning To Jesus, A change of direction a change of mind, From Unbelief to Belief in Jesus, You believe You can repent of your own Sins Its wrong its not Christianity your Not Qualified

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How did you turn What I said Into That? That's Clearly Not what I said You did However ignore The Blood, You have a thing with your made-up Definition of Repentance, You have created your own weird Doctrine around it, your wrong you need to repent and believe the Gospel, Repentance That Saves Is Turning To Jesus, A change of direction a change of mind, From Unbelief to Belief in Jesus, You believe You can repent of your own Sins Its wrong its not Christianity your Not Qualified

I am going to let my previous statements speak for themselves;

(Dead to the Law)

And am only going to say here what is written in Galatians 4:28-29...

Gal 4:28, Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.
Gal 4:29, But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

I have not made up a doctrine about repentance; I have gotten my doctrine from the word.

And I also have not thought up some "weird doctrine"...what I have been preaching is faithful to the word.

And neither have I ignored the blood.

Last edited: