'Death is swallowed up in victory' -When?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, if everyone applied your reasoning to agree to disagree, how does He Who is the Spirit of Truth (Christ: I am the Truth) reside, indwell, live within each Christian having many different truths, when it is Jesus within you, who is THE Truth?

I recommend that one think on this:
Concerning all the churches and their many different doctrines,
"There can always be more than one lie, but there can never be more than one truth"- Earburner.

Now it seems you're speaking out of people right to disagree with you. Interesting.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now it seems you're speaking out of people right to disagree with you. Interesting.
Wrong! Only Jesus is the Truth!
Now figure it out of WHO the Spirit of truth is.
Here's a clue:
John 16[7] Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you;
but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

"Truth makes no enemies, except in the minds of those who attempt to refute it."- Earburner

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since my argument was: "if everyone applied your reasoning to "agree to disagree", does that reasoning apply to Jesus also, concerning what he said in John 14:23?

Evidently so, because you don't like it, that "the Word made flesh" uses the personal pronouns of "we" and "our", in relation to God the Father and Himself!

Why don't you like it??
Ans. That would make Jesus to be God also.

So then, in your own words, you are telling Jesus that you "agree to disagree" with His understanding.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since my argument was: "if everyone applied your reasoning to "agree to disagree", does that reasoning apply to Jesus also, concerning what he said in John 14:23?

Evidently so, because you don't like it, that "the Word made flesh" uses the personal pronouns of "we" and "our", in relation to God the Father and Himself!

Why don't you like it??
Ans. That would make Jesus to be God also.

So then, in your own words, you are telling Jesus that you "agree to disagree" with His understanding.

The only real truth I've discovered is concerning you, that you don't like people disagreeing with you so much so, that you can't even agree to disagree. Let it go. I don't agree with what you believe. Simply agree to disagree.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
John 1[1] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God,
and the Word was God.
[2] The same was in the beginning with God.
[3] All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

John 14[23] Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

John 1[14] And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
Even your attempt at subtlety flops flippantly.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only real truth I've discovered is concerning you, that you don't like people disagreeing with you so much so, that you can't even agree to disagree. Let it go. I don't agree with what you believe. Simply agree to disagree.
Wrong!
Its simply this, in Gen. 1:26 and John 14:23, I agree with the witness of the Holy Spirit of truth, and His use of personal pronouns, you don't.
So therefore, that is the reason of why I disagree with you.
You don't agree with His Truth!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Barney,
Now possibly, if its what I understand about JW escotology to be true, my thinking is akin to it, but not exactly.

Jesus Himself is the New Heaven, and we who believe, and are sealed by that promise of His Holy Spirit, are the New Earth.
Why i say that, is by making the comparison to that which was physically created first, and to that which is created to be spiritual later in time. Please compare in the KJV-
Genesis 1:26 to John 1:1-4, and then read
2 Corinthians 5:17 in conjunction with it.
Now please reference Isaiah 65:17 and Isaiah 66:22.

That prophecy IS NOW being fulfilled, but it will not be completed until Jesus visibly returns, in Flaming Fire, whereby ALL the Saints (alive and dead) will be resurrected unto Eternal Life (no more dying/death) and the ALL the wicked unsaved (alive and dead) will be destroyed (no more dying/death).
According to 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10, that is a SIMULTANEOUS EVENT!!

Now for verification of that simultaneous event, in 2 thess. 1:7-10, please pay attention to the word "when", that is used two times in that scripture.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
...Maybe you and Barney don't yet understand KJV- Genesis 1:26
"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness..."

the truth of John 14:23, as it is stated in all the Bibles, yours included!
And what is that? Simply this, God the Father and God the Son ("we", "our") together, are the Holy Spirit.

Making void whatever you may have said about Pronouns. God the Father and God the Son are God the Father and God the Son; and the Holy Spirit is the Holy Spirit. And <together> The THREE are ONE: GOD: the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.
Like man is three, the body and the spirit and the soul together in one, man.

Whom do you think do you bluff, outjie?

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Making void whatever you may have said about Pronouns. God the Father and God the Son are God the Father and God the Son; and the Holy Spirit is the Holy Spirit. And <together> The THREE are ONE: GOD: the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.

I Never said that *they were not ONE!!
(*personal pronoun in likeness, as it is written in Genesis 1:26 and John 14:23.)
What about that, do you not understand?

God the Father is God!

God the Son is God!

God the Father and God the Son TOGETHER, is God the Holy Spirit, who is GOD!!!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus makes a very clear distinction of God the Father and Himself working together:
John 5[17] But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.

Ooopps, Sorry (LOL), more personal pronouns just got in the way.
But, if you want to, you can just eliminate them, thereby making everything "void" and impersonal, and that way you can have a "literal word god" to worship along with Barney.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Also here is what you don't understand.
Prior to anyone receiving the Holy Spirit of God permanently, the first thing on God the Father's agenda, was to send God the Son to be made flesh, THEN to shed His holy blood, for the forgiveness and REMOVAL of sin.

God the Father is Holy, therefore He could not dwell/live in anyone permanently, until God the Son died the death of His Sacrifice for us, as well is His Father!
Why? God the Father cannot live/dwell within anyone who is NOT made Holy!

However, by faith in the shed Blood of Christ, we are now made acceptable to God the Father, whereby HE CAN NOW live within anyone who has faith in Jesus, and His finished work!
As is the promise under His NEW Covenant: "I will never leave you, nor forsake you."

That was never the state of reality for those who lived under the OC.
But, for those who then were of faith, but died years ago prior to Jesus' first appearance, they did receive the Promise of God's Holy Spirit (white robes), in the days of Pentecost, which is shown in Revelation 6:9-11.
Prior to the death of Jesus, and faith in Him, no man could receive the Gift of Eternal life.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong!
Its simply this, in Gen. 1:26 and John 14:23, I agree with the witness of the Holy Spirit of truth, and His use of personal pronouns, you don't.
So therefore, that is the reason of why I disagree with you.
You don't agree with His Truth!

So you say, you, a person who is an imperfect human being, just like anyone else. You saying I don't agree with his truth, meaning God's truth, is just another imperfect human being saying that. That's all I'm going to see you as, is just another imperfect human being. Do you have a right to your belief and a right to express that belief, yes, but that's all it is to me. I don't agree with your belief or what you believe about me, and could care less what you or anyone else thinks, feels, or has to say about that.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you say, you, a person who is an imperfect human being, just like anyone else. You saying I don't agree with his truth, meaning God's truth, is just another imperfect human being saying that. That's all I'm going to see you as, is just another imperfect human being. D
Sorry, its NOT what I say, but it is what Jesus, the Word made flesh says:
"I am THE Truth". John 14:6.
As for me being imperfect, yes in my eyes and yours, I am, because of myself alone
"(in my flesh), there is NO GOOD thing in me". Romans 7:18.

However, since the day of my faith in the Sacrificial Blood of Christ, and then by my receiving of His Gift of the Holy Spirit, I am now not alone. Both He who was made PERFECT through sacrifice, and Him only who is GOOD, now dwells within me, aka the Holy Spirit. Therefore by His residence within me, I am now also made to be GOOD and PERFECT, in the eyes of God the Father. Matthew 5:48 Matthew 19:17 Galatians 3:3

For one to be GOOD and PERFECT, is a state of being, not a thing to accomplish!
All who are "born again from above", are now "NEW creatures in Christ (a new creation). Our old lives (way of living) is passed away. 2 Corinthians 5:17.

But as of yet, because we are not physically resurrected, we do not know or see of how we shall be after His likeness of Immortality, when He shall come to be glorified in His Saints.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Earburner, post:
However, since the day of my faith in the Sacrificial Blood of Christ, and then by my receiving of His Gift of the Holy Spirit, I am now not alone. Both He who was made PERFECT through sacrifice, and Him only who is GOOD, now dwells within me, aka the Holy Spirit. Therefore by His residence within me, I am now also made to be GOOD and PERFECT, in the eyes of God the Father. Matthew 5:48 Matthew 19:17 Galatians 3:3[/QUOTE\]

I understand that you honestly and truly believe what you said above, about yourself. That doesn't mean that I believe that about you. Just as you don't believe that about me. So as I said, let it go, and agree to disagree.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Earburner, post:
However, since the day of my faith in the Sacrificial Blood of Christ, and then by my receiving of His Gift of the Holy Spirit, I am now not alone. Both He who was made PERFECT through sacrifice, and Him only who is GOOD, now dwells within me, aka the Holy Spirit. Therefore by His residence within me, I am now also made to be GOOD and PERFECT, in the eyes of God the Father. Matthew 5:48 Matthew 19:17 Galatians 3:3[/QUOTE\]
Of course I believe it! Have you discerned yet who it is that makes you to be His, as opposed to being "none of his"?

He, the Holy Spirit, really is the determining factor of us being "sealed (preserved, saved) unto the Day of redemption".
KJV- Romans 8:8-9 Ephesians 4:30

I understand that you honestly and truly believe what you said above, about yourself. That doesn't mean that I believe that about you. Just as you don't believe that about me. So as I said, let it go, and agree to disagree.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
So you say, you, a person who is an imperfect human being, just like anyone else. You saying I don't agree with his truth, meaning God's truth, is just another imperfect human being saying that. That's all I'm going to see you as, is just another imperfect human being. Do you have a right to your belief and a right to express that belief, yes, but that's all it is to me. I don't agree with your belief or what you believe about me, and could care less what you or anyone else thinks, feels, or has to say about that.

YOUTUBE.COM

Where in the Bible does Jesus actually say he is God? | Michael Ramsden
Zacharias Trust | RZIM Europe | Difficult Questions. Thoughtful Answers. & Home Page Join the conversation...