death penalty for or against?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
Completley, Completley, Completley, COMPLETLEYagainst. "Jesus went unto the mount of Olives. 2And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them. 3And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst, 4They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. 5Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou? 6This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not. 7So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. 8And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground. 9And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. 10When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? 11She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more. "So any nominations??? who hasn't sinned??? who can flip switch, inject the poison???? anyone NO!!!!!! there is no one on this earth who has the authority to kill someone for a crime.there was something different in that incident then there is today. There was a person who had not sinned among them. Jesus Christ. he had the right and the authority to kill her.and what does he do. he forgives her. we must follow his example, we can not judge, we must forgive.your brother in christRyan Fitz

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
Against, for a variety of reasons:Every human life is in the image of God and of value. Advances in DNA have shown that some who were sentenced to death were actually innocent of their crimes. The chance that one innocent life would be taken is a risk too great. It's not cost effective - at least in the US - the appeals process costs much more than locking them up. People in prision sometimes come to Christ. I would want to give everyone that opportunity. It's not a matter of public safety - with our technology, we can almost guarantee that a prisioner in a max facility is locked up & can't escape to commit more crimes.

Nov 8, 2007
ALL I WILL SAY IS YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW, EVEN IF YOU ASKED GOD TO FORGIVE YOU, HE WILL FORGIVE YOU. But I've seen two sides where men repent, come unto Christ, and Either get acquitted or killed. Like I said you reap what you sow, so that's all.....Never be a Pro-Choicer of any sort, always be pro-bible AMen~

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Num 35:16 And if he smite him with an instrument of iron, so that he die, he [is] a murderer: the murderer shall surely be put to death. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Num 35:17 And if he smite him with throwing a stone, wherewith he may die, and he die, he [is] a murderer: the murderer shall surely be put to death. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Num 35:18 Or [if] he smite him with an hand weapon of wood, wherewith he may die, and he die, he [is] a murderer: the murderer shall surely be put to death. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Num 35:19 The revenger of blood himself shall slay the murderer: when he meeteth him, he shall slay him. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Num 35:21 Or in enmity smite him with his hand, that he die: he that smote [him] shall surely be put to death; [for] he [is] a murderer: the revenger of blood shall slay the murderer, when he meeteth him. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Num 35:30 Whoso killeth any person, the murderer shall be put to death by the mouth of witnesses: but one witness shall not testify against any person [to cause him] to die. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Num 35:31 Moreover ye shall take no satisfaction for the life of a murderer, which [is] guilty of death: but he shall be surely put to death.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I am not for or against it If there is proof that one murdered someone and civil law says death is the penalty God does not disagree with this So send them back to the father.

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
38"You have heard that it was said, AN EYE FOR AN EYE, AND A TOOTH FOR A TOOTH.' 39"But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also. 40"If anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, let him have your coat also. 41"Whoever forces you to go one mile, go with him two. 42"Give to him who asks of you, and do not turn away from him who wants to borrow from you. 43"You have heard that it was said, YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR (BF)and hate your enemy.' 44"But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
God is completley against it. "Jesus went unto the mount of Olives. 2And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them. 3And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst, 4They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. 5Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou? 6This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not. 7So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. 8And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground. 9And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. 10When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? 11She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more. "So any nominations??? who hasn't sinned??? who can flip switch, inject the poison???? anyone NO!!!!!! there is no one on this earth who has the authority to kill someone for a crime.there was something different in that incident then there is today. There was a person who had not sinned among them. Jesus Christ. he had the right and the authority to kill her.and what does he do. he forgives her. we must follow his example, we can not judge, we must forgive.your brother in christ Ryan Fitz

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
So if civil law told you to round up all the jews you find and kill them all you'd do it.we are supposed to respect civil laws but NOT IF THERE SINFUL!!!!

Dunamite

Nov 15, 2007
Against. Most definitely. It is first a salvation issue for me. A person needs every opportunity to come to repentance and experience salvation. Taking a life no matter how warranted is final. It ends life in this world and maybe eternally, if the person does not know Jesus. Many people come to repentance in prison and can still do some good in this world.My second problem is with the nature of man. Many people are wrongfully convicted due to the unreliability of witnesses and the sinful nature of people ready to send someone to death so that they can solve a case or get off themselves.My third reason is that the criminal justice system is biased in favor of the rich and well connected. It works against minorities, the poor and those who have no influence.My fourth reason is that if it is wrong to kill then it should be universal with no exceptions. If the state can justify killing it means that isn't really a rule. If it isn't a rule then it can't be enforced. If life is sacred (and it is), then it should be treated as such.My fifth reason is that it does not reduce crime. Countries with capital punishment have higher violent crime rates than countries without capital punishment. If capital punishment and high incarceration rates worked then the U.S.A. should be the safest country in the world and it is far from it. You are more likely to die a violent death in the U.S. than any western country.My final reason is compassion. We are told to forgive and be compassionate. Capital punishment teaches revenge and retribution. That is wrong for a Christian and damaging to people in general. Lack of forgiveness ruins lives.Blessings,Dunamite

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Letsgofishing;29856)
So if civil law told you to round up all the jews you find and kill them all you'd do it.we are supposed to respect civil laws but NOT IF THERE SINFUL!!!!
You are taking it out of context I never said that If one has murderd someone and broken the law if civil law and biblical law says if there is more than one wittness and they are found guilty of the crime it is not against Gods law to excute him.Im saying that the death penalty is not anti biblical and if its civil law we are to follow itthats doesnt mean I have to like it

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
so if a person walks a mile on the sabbath do we still execute him too.Youve said it yourself Christ changed things when he died.sins are forgiven nownot avenged.your brother in christRyan Fitz

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I agree but we are told if it is civil law and the murder is found guilty we are suposed to follow civil law. Im just saying that the death penally is not against the Bible.If we do not like it we should vote it out.

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
not against the bible??????its in the ten commandmentswhat about do not kill do you understandor turn the other cheek or any of Jesus's teachings.ever since the old testament rules were ruled out by Jesus's death the death penalty is 100% against the bible!!!!your brother in christRyan Fitz

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Letsgofishing;29869)
not against the bible??????its in the ten commandmentswhat about do not kill do you understandor turn the other cheek or any of Jesus's teachings.ever since the old testament rules were ruled out by Jesus's death the death penalty is 100% against the bible!!!!your brother in christRyan Fitz
Thou shalt not kill, does not mean to not kill in every form. It means Do not murder. (plan to kill/lie in wait)JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
(Peacebewithyou;29873)
I'm pretty sure when they execute someone it's been "planned" in advance.
rolleyes.gif
Great post Dunamite. I'm with you on all points.
I was just about to say that.in fact you would probably even agree with me that it is murder.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Well then why dont you guys explain to me why God said the punishment was death for murder he knew his own laws

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
he also said as Ive pointed out before that if you walk a mile on the sabbath you will be put to death.why don't we follow that any more, God knew his own laws????