Debate: S'mores and Camping Food

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL, It works good to fix car damage too. So I found this little nugget:
i-made-my-tin-foil-hat-from-the-aluminum-in-26699142.png
The joke is, tinfoil hats actually do work to block out the NSA mind reads, but all we have is aluminum!

Oh well!

Much love!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The joke is, tinfoil hats actually do work to block out the NSA mind reads, but all we have is aluminum!

Oh well!

Much love!
Honestly if it worked I would wear one, but I'm sort of insane already, and one of my friends was telling us he was going to go live off the land and hunt for Bucks and fish for free. The government here was getting crazy and enforcing vaccine mandates. So I really didn't blame him. I'm into freedom of choice.

Reactions: Lambano

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Smores and salmonberries. LoL
I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

Marshmallows on crackers sounds wrong and looks wrong but iv never had it

I like all berries so salmonberries should be ok

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sounds like an expensive steak.....which I'm assuming you made use of.
11:00 at night, I ain’t stopping to go back and get a deer carcass. But my dad tells a story about seeing two guys getting into a fist fight over who got to keep the meat from a deer strike. A Sheriff’s Deputy had to break up the fight and then ruled preemptively that whoever hit the deer was entitled to keep the meat.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not wanting to throw a spanner into your culinary delights, but just a gentle fyi that aluminum foil is not good for wrapping and cooking food. The aluminum leeches out into the food... It's a known carcinogen. It's also very convenient.
That was my first thoughts too. lol
The food sounded very tasty, but the aluminum.

Two things I don't like in my kitchen are aluminum and microwaves. Well ...and sugar, and white flour, and, and.... lol

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Two things I don't like in my kitchen are aluminum and microwaves.

these two are especially bad together. LOL

Btw, when I was a teen I stayed in basically one of those shed/barn type things. They put a window and installation in.

My mom had a trailer to stay in. One episode of her Coast to Coast radio and she became terrified of radiation. The microwave ended up being set outside by my rabbit hutch. Anytime you wanted popcorn, you had to go outside.

Been well over 20 years but mom still won't even use a cellphone without it being on speakerphone. Don't matter where she is, if she's talking to me on the phone, I gotta watch what I say before some whole thrift store knows my business.
:rolleyes:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There simply is no camping trip lest it comes with a bible to read and lots of prayers and praises to the glorious LORD .
Yes indeed . Never forget the most essential food of all , the blessed words of our glorious LORD .
Now let all that draws breath praise the glorious Lord .

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Seeing I'm a full time camper perhaps I should talk about what food I eat.
I eat meat, seafood, rice, pasta, bread, pizza and all the other normal food people eat. ;)

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
more-with-burnt-marshmallow-and-melted-chocolate-picture-id498951239

I disagree with the concept of s'mores.

First of all.

Roasting marshmallows = awesome
Eating marshmallows = awesome
Chocolate = awesome
Graham crackers = cereal

But all together at once is too sweet and I hate it. The best camping foods are salmonberries and fish.

I just had to get that off my chest.
I used to like s'mores, but I don't eat chocolate anymore. But when I was a kid (back in the sixties), I would have graham crackers and milk every afternoon after school.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Honestly if it worked I would wear one, but I'm sort of insane already, and one of my friends was telling us he was going to go live off the land and hunt for Bucks and fish for free. The government here was getting crazy and enforcing vaccine mandates. So I really didn't blame him. I'm into freedom of choice.
I'm ready to get out myself. I'd be working towards that end, but my wife wants to stay where we are.

Much love!

Reactions: dev553344

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There simply is no camping trip lest it comes with a bible to read and lots of prayers and praises to the glorious LORD .
Yes indeed . Never forget the most essential food of all , the blessed words of our glorious LORD .
Now let all that draws breath praise the glorious Lord .
I once went on a bible camping trip in the Colorado Rockies. To save space, I took one of those Gideon pocket New Testaments (with Psalms and Proverbs) that some evangelist was giving out at college. Didn’t see that bible again for years, til I found the parka I wore on that camping trip at my mom’s house. It had been in one of the pockets.

This thread has brought back a lot of memories.

Reactions: amigo de christo