Debate: S'mores and Camping Food

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They never even saw a deer. I had to tell him that I got more deer that season with my Mazda (1) than he got with the best hunting gear money could buy (0).
lol!

I'm surprised. Lived upstate NY when I was younger. You could have gone hunting just by checking the mail. First place I ever saw wild turkeys just running around. Before that I just thought of them as zoo animals.

There were a few times that I went to check the mail and I would be greeted by either elk or deer at my front door. We'd stare at each other a moment and then I'd "never mind" and go back inside.

We used to have a camping stove with two burners and a little one burner. We took them on picnics and would make a full English breakfast and a cuppa on picnic tables. Delamere Forest in Cheshire

and in Beyws-y-coed, Wales

And one memorable evening it was late and we had stopped to make a cuppa in the park which is across the road from that hotel. It was almost dark but still warm and as we waited for our little kettle to boil we heard a Welsh Male Voice Choir start up in the courtyard of the hotel. I was beautiful and still brings goosebumps when I remember it.

Wow! All of that is beautiful!

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Lambano

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
more-with-burnt-marshmallow-and-melted-chocolate-picture-id498951239

I disagree with the concept of s'mores.

First of all.

Roasting marshmallows = awesome
Eating marshmallows = awesome
Chocolate = awesome
Graham crackers = cereal

But all together at once is too sweet and I hate it. The best camping foods are salmonberries and fish.

I just had to get that off my chest.
Okay ...I agree with you about disagreeing with the concept of s'mores. Waaaaay too sweet!

Roasting marshmallows=good
Eating roasted marshmallows=good (until about halfway thru the 2nd one)
(Eating non-roasted marshmallow=nasty and gross:eek: )
Chocolate=amazing
Graham crackers=delicious

But, as you have stated ...all of those together ....too much!

There ya have it!:D

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay ...I agree with you about disagreeing with the concept of s'mores. Waaaaay too sweet!

Roasting marshmallows=good
Eating roasted marshmallows=good (until about halfway thru the 2nd one)
(Eating non-roasted marshmallow=nasty and gross:eek: )
Chocolate=amazing
Graham crackers=delicious

But, as you have stated ...all of those together ....too much!

There ya have it!:D
Lol! Yes! Gives me a toothache thinking about it.

Yeah, I can't handle too many marshmallows either ... I think maybe three is my limit.

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Lambano

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol! Yes! Gives me a toothache thinking about it.

Yeah, I can't handle too many marshmallows either ... I think maybe three is my limit.
I can't stand marshmallows that aren't roasted. And roasted are good, but I've never been able to handle them much. Marshmallows, jello, cooked oatmeal (as a cereal), and most puddings make my throat feel ....ick!! Like gushy, mushy....yucky. lol

Reactions: DuckieLady

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I can't stand marshmallows that aren't roasted. And roasted are good, but I've never been able to handle them much.arshmallows, jello, cooked oatmeal (as a cereal), and most puddings make my throat feel ....ick!! Like gushy, mushy....yucky. lol
@TLHKAJ Yes, there can be too much of a good thing, when it comes to food......

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
PS ...what are salmonberries??! lol
some typical PNW foraging LOL
Salmoberries-1440x720.jpg

They look a little like blackberries, but a little less juicy. More firm and kind of sweet. Red and orange colors. Way better than blackberries. Ran into a bear as a kid getting some, if I remember right.

(Worth it)

Those, and the red huckleberries, are probably my favorite ones to go through.

1.jpg

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
some typical PNW foraging LOL
Salmoberries-1440x720.jpg

They look a little like blackberries, but a little less juicy. More firm and kind of sweet. Red and orange colors. Way better than blackberries. Ran into a bear as a kid getting some, if I remember right.

(Worth it)

Those, and the red huckleberries, are probably my favorite ones to go through.

1.jpg
Don't think I've seen orange ones before, @FluffyYellowDuck .....:)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
We used to have a camping stove with two burners and a little one burner. We took them on picnics and would make a full English breakfast and a cuppa on picnic tables. Delamere Forest in Cheshire

980134_7fed33bd.jpg

and in Beyws-y-coed, Wales

things-to-do-in-betws-y-coed-pont-y-pair.jpg

And one memorable evening it was late and we had stopped to make a cuppa in the park which is across the road from that hotel. It was almost dark but still warm and as we waited for our little kettle to boil we heard a Welsh Male Voice Choir start up in the courtyard of the hotel. I was beautiful and still brings goosebumps when I remember it.
@Pearl Great pictures there...

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My grandmother in Kansas (3 states south of ND) told stories about the rattlers they have out there on the Great Plains. I never saw one in Colorado. The only rattler I've seen in the wild was at my kids' high school down in Florida. It was an Eastern Diamondback (very distinct pattern) and had to be about 10 feet long and six inches thick. Some kids were trying to whack it with a 2x4. A LONG 2x4; those kids weren't going to get close to that snake. (Don't worry; Eastern Diamondbacks’ range isn’t that far west, and the Prairie rattlers don't get that big.)

Here in NC, you have to watch for copperheads. I ran across one while mowing the lawn one. Literally ran across one. With the lawn mower. Ended up with 4 copperheads. (See, Grandma isn't the only one who can tell tall tales about snakes!)

Missouri has tons of snakes. I am a great fan of garter snakes. This is adorable.:

Snake party busted for not social distancing (Video) | New York Post