Debate: S'mores and Camping Food

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Don't you mean, "Oh deer!"? :D

That caused $3000 worth of damage to the front end of the Mazda. I shouldn't complain, though; the deer was totaled.
sounds like an expensive steak.....which I'm assuming you made use of.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I was the only sober driver one night a long time ago. Driving everyone home in a friend's van. Hit a cow. Van totaled. Cow for dinner for the week.
wow...1 week!.....what a bunch of hungry carnivores..... aaaargh!

Reactions: Brakelite

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
more-with-burnt-marshmallow-and-melted-chocolate-picture-id498951239

I disagree with the concept of s'mores.

First of all.

Roasting marshmallows = awesome
Eating marshmallows = awesome
Chocolate = awesome
Graham crackers = cereal

But all together at once is too sweet and I hate it. The best camping foods are salmonberries and fish.

I just had to get that off my chest.
I agree smores are too sweet. A good trout on the fire in some tinfoil with salt and pepper is good. When I was in boyscouts for church we hunted chickens that were loose and ate them. That was some good chicken too. It was a boyscouts survival camp exercise. Personally I like just buying the chicken at the store and eating it. I don't like the idea of killing animals. But then I still eat meat anyways so I don't want to be a hypocrite. And it taught me to be thankful for the animals that we use as food to live.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love s'mores, but my beard does not! I'm with @devin553344 , trout w/s&p, a little butter. Foil wrapped fire baked potato, with a giant nail through the middle. Foil dinners, with chopped veggies, and ground meat, mushrooms, seasonings, all mushed together, tightly wrapped in foil, and roasted.

I remember one time hitchhiking in Oregon, and one night when I quit because it had gotten dark, I walked off the highway into the shadows, threw down my sleeping bag, and went to sleep. When I woke up, I saw I needed to slide over about 2 feet to have my blackberry breakfast in bed. That was good camping!!

Much love!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I love s'mores, but my beard does not! I'm with @devin553344 , trout w/s&p, a little butter. Foil wrapped fire baked potato, with a giant nail through the middle. Foil dinners, with chopped veggies, and ground meat, mushrooms, seasonings, all mushed together, tightly wrapped in foil, and roasted.

I remember one time hitchhiking in Oregon, and one night when I quit because it had gotten dark, I walked off the highway into the shadows, threw down my sleeping bag, and went to sleep. When I woke up, I saw I needed to slide over about 2 feet to have my blackberry breakfast in bed. That was good camping!!

Much love!
ahhhhhh, sensory delights get our attention like no other!

Reactions: marks

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!
We have huge amounts of blackberry bushes and also some huckleberry. We used to go and collect a whole bunch and make pies. They were so good. The Indians where I grew up would eat lots of black berries and other berries along with salmon and whales. Interesting things for being out on your own or with friends.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll post a portion of the article:

NEAH BAY, Wash. — The hunters paddled frantically, closing in on their target. When they drew near, one of them stood in the cedar canoe and thrust a harpoon into the spine of the 30-foot gray whale.

With the help of fishing boats, the men towed their catch into a small cove in Neah Bay on the Olympic Peninsula of Washington, where hundreds of fellow Makah tribal members greeted them like heroes. People hugged and cried. They celebrated what felt like the return of better days.

It was 1999, and the tribe’s first successful whale hunt in seven decades. It was also their last.

Reactions: DuckieLady

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Much love!
Not wanting to throw a spanner into your culinary delights, but just a gentle fyi that aluminum foil is not good for wrapping and cooking food. The aluminum leeches out into the food... It's a known carcinogen. It's also very convenient.

Reactions: TLHKAJ and marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not wanting to throw a spanner into your culinary delights, but just a gentle fyi that aluminum foil is not good for wrapping and cooking food. The aluminum leeches out into the food... It's a known carcinogen. It's also very convenient.
And I've heard that it can cause Alzheimer's in, um, in, um, it can cause, aluminimum to . . . oh dear.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I've heard that it can cause Alzheimer's in, um, in, um, it can cause, aluminimum to . . . oh dear.
When I was a child I used to chew on aluminum just to make the fillings in my teeth cause me pain. I like pain, it makes the happy time so much better. Memory: not one except the pain of chewing on tinfoil.

Reactions: Lambano